la Résistance (Official thread)

Kylan N17

Re: la Résistance (Official thread)

Manchester City 1 Tottenham 1

Tottenham Hotspur picked up a point in a tough game at Eastlands after coming from behind to level through Patrick Helmes. Giuseppe Rossi put the hosts in the lead with a curling shot but Helmes blasted wide faced with a open goal before punishing a defensive error with a composed finish to level the scores. In a game Tottenham will feel they should have won with 60% possession and several good chances, all with the same outcome, but Gareth Bale, Darijo Srna and Bafetimbi Gomis all missed the target when it looked easier to score.

Fiery, Pulsating Game of the Season at Old Trafford.

We have witnessed one of the games of the year in La Resistance, with former teammates at "The Rangaroos" Atletico Madrid and Manchester United put on a spectical in what was an outstanding match of open attacking football.

Atletico Madrid took the lead in the 10th minute with an excellent strike, but it was almost immediately cancelled out by Andrei Arshavin's screamer 3 minutes later. With both sides having numerous chances to score, it was the goalkeepers at either end that was keeping the game level with Edwin Van Der Sar and Rene Adler forced into some fine saves just before the interval. Noone managed a breakthrough before halftime so they went, "as you were", at halftime.

Manchester United came out buzzed for the second period and it was no surprise when they eventually took the lead when Adrian Mutu scored a fine strike in off the far post in the 50th minute. However again, the opposition struck back, just like in the first half when it was reversed, as Liedson again capitalised on very poor goalkeeping by the ageing VDS to slot home one of the easiest goals you'll score. 2-2. We could not believe it when Mutu again stepped up to be the United hero less than 60 seconds after Liedson's equaliser, it was 3-2 to the home side as this time, poor goalkeeping by rene adler was to blame as a speculative chip by adrian mutu was fumbled over the line by the german shotstopper!

Things changed for United when an errant 68th minute foul by Nemanja Vidic earning him a straight red card from Belgian official, Johan Verbist. This did not stop man Utd who still managed to increase there lead 2 minutes later when SP, Wayne Rooney, controlled a super ball over the top of the Atletico defence before smashing it past the goalkeeper. at this stage it was 4-2 to United with just 20 minutes remaining and the game was back on two minutes later as Ashley Young fired past the exposed Van Der Sar to breath fire back into a game that looked over!

Five minutes later Atletico Madrid did the unthinkable to break the United hearts as former man utd midfielder Anderson managed to sneak in and bring the scores level again. Thats how it stood, one of the games of the season no doubt and you've gotta praise both managers, George and Razz, for putting on a fantastic game of footy.

Wow.. what a game ey?!?! That was enjoyable to watch even from the dugout but i am disappointed that we werent able to hold onto a two-goal lead with just 20 minutes left. It was just that sort of game, its never over untill the fat lady sings and that cost us today. Atletico were very good, there talented list is really beginning to mature and evolve into a world class side. I tried to spruce things up for this game and play an amazing attacking brand of football, Vidic's dismissal kind of ruined it though, it was a really bad way to go, with a game thats so poised like that I would have hoped for a better decision by him but theres nothing we can do now. At one stage we had 2 defenders, 3 midfielders and 4 attackers!

Manchester United travel to arch-rivals Real Madrid next sunday evening in a game which can be seen live on SM Score Center :rolleyes::P

Ministry of la Résistance

EnoCrest.gif

RE - DRAW!

NOTICE/REMINDER BOARD:

1) The 'Re-Draw' has been done.

2) Please submit in new team names. Can also submit a team logo. (OPTIONAL)

3) You have till TURN 6, to change your 'SP'.

4) Can only loan from clubs in YOUR TEAM.

5) Hail Hail!

TEAM 2:

b_26300.png Allan MUFC

b_26305.png George ECFC

b_26360.png Jack Dimmick

b_26345.png Twom Goodson

STAR PLAYERS:

*Andres Iniesta *Liédson *Fabio Quagliarella *PAV!

Stephen Ireland, Ozil and Dzagoev need to go out on loan :)

Nascimento Eduardo is re-joining Botafogo for £3.5m, whilst Sevilla winger Diego Perotti will join tomorrow for £1.5m + Pereira Roque Maicon.

And I see Liam is getting the DM I mentioned yesterday :P

can i take that???

Yeah sure' date=' just send me a 'friend request' to this profile link, so i can send the invite to you. :)

--> [url']http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=376019[/url]

Also just to let you know, you can ONLY loan players IN and OUT from clubs within your team. Also as of right now Carlos Tevez is your 'Star Player', meaning for every goal he scores, your team will get 1 point, if you want to change it, you still can. Cheers for joining. :D

Stephen Ireland' date=' Ozil and Dzagoev need to go out on loan :)

Nascimento Eduardo is re-joining Botafogo for £3.5m, whilst Sevilla winger Diego Perotti will join tomorrow for £1.5m + Pereira Roque Maicon.

[b']And I see Liam is getting the DM I mentioned yesterday [/b]:P

It would have been much easier if you told me who it was! I had to search for defensive midfielders at unavailable teams who would cost £5.35 million! :mad:

49_1204432433.gif

UNITED APPOINT GOLDEN!

Last night Manchester United appointed life long fan, Barry Golden as there new manager after the shock resignation of Razz yesterday. Golden had this to say, "I'm honoured to be managing my childhood team in a league with such extraordinary managers. I won't be selling Vidic or Rooney unless the offer is unbelivable. Please do not make offers with obviously old, dropping players for someone like Vidic or Rooney or else I will ignore or reject. Everyone else can go so Pm me in game for who you want and we will see if we can negotiate a deal. I can't wait for my first game incharge and I want to win the league. Bring it on!".

After the departure of Razz everyone seems to be in deep shock about it. I can confirm as the owner of Manchester United Football Club that he was fired, I was distraught to find he had only managed to draw and also concede 4 goals against Villareal. His results were too inconsistent for my liking!

Anyway to the new manager that I've appointed is Barry Golden. I felt he was the right man for the job once he flashed himself to me, he has the right sense of humour and can give the relaxed attitude - which I think is deeply needed - at Old Trafford.

SO NOW ALL THERE IS TO SAY IS I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST AS MANAGER OF MAN SCUM I MEAN MAN U AND WELCOME TO LA RESISTANCE :)

TEAM 1:

b_12.png Barry Golden

b_38295.png Adam Gutteridge

b_6136.png Fergus Maximus

b_94.png JBK from Ireland!

STAR PLAYERS:

*Wayne Rooney *Robinho *Vágner Love *Yakubu

TeamName - RWNF The Next Generation

(RNWF stands for Razz We'll Never Forget)

Villareal's Star Player will still be Robinho

Motta makes move to White Hart Lane

610x.jpg

Inter Milan midfielder Thiago Motta has signed for Tottenham Hotspur. After being brought to my attention by the Atletico manager George ECFC, a bid of £5.8 million was soon placed for the holding midfielder. The Brazilian agreed terms on a 2 year deal and will make his debut against Liverpool tomorrow.

Liverpool 1 Tottenham 2

Patrick Helmes scored two goals in two minutes but suffered yet another injury in Tottenham's 2-1 win at Anfield. The German striker has been in the treatment room far too often since signing from Bayer Leverkusen last season. However, his form has picked up this season with 3 goals in 3 games so far and his future at White Hart Lane. He will be out for 4 weeks with torn ankle ligaments and Niklas Bendtner will replace him during the absence.

49_1204432433.gif 2 - 0 163_1254930197.jpg

Old Trafford

Att:76,212

Barry Golden's reign as manager of Manchester United in La Résistance began with the perfect start as his side beat Mark Wallis' Real Madrid side. The game began brightly with Real going close after 5 minutes with Diarra shooting narrowly wide at the Stretford End. Real nearly scored again on 23 minutes when Quaresma's perfect cross met former United favourite Ruud Van Nistelrooy's head and went inches over. A few sighs of relief from Golden and co. Then a moment of magic, something only quality players can do. This player is a quality one though. Mario Gomez picks the ball up on the left hand side and bursts through the Real defence before perfectly lobbing the outcoming Iker Casillas. Real hit back and Joe Cole hit the crossbar with a brilliant shot from outside the box and Van Nistelrooy sensationally missed an open goal then soon after. Just before the break Andrei Arshavin poked a rebounded shot past Casillas and into the net for 2-0 against the run of play. The second half wasn't as exciting but was still memorable. 49 minutes gone, Van Nistelrooy, determined to score against his former club, hits the post when clean through. Lucho missed a golden opportunity for 3-0 but narrowly put his shot wide. Real had a few decent half chances but they all went a begging. Joe Cole missed an other open goal in the 78th minute to cap off an amazing game for United but an utterly woaful display of finishing for Real.

Ruud_van_Nistelrooy.jpg

Ruud awakening: as he misses his opportunity.

mario-gomez.jpg

Gomez celebrates his wonderful solo goal.