->Dimitar Berbatov: 3 goals

->Patrick Helmes/Bendter: 2 goals

->Alexander Frei: 3 goals

Re: la Résistance (Official thread)

Fiorentina begin to stumble

:(

fiorentina_logo.jpg

Cristiano-Ronaldo-unhappy_2292201.jpg44530_news.jpg

After a successful run of 2 wins in a row, the Florence outfit have now managed to lose 2 straight matches, both to fellow Italian side, Udinese, the first of which saw Fiorentina destroyed 4-1 @ the Friuli, as manager Kylan put out a 'B' side, to rest his players for the quarter-finals in the LR Coupe, then in a surprise move, for the LR Quarter Final match he put out the same side!! :confused::rolleyes: This time at home to Udinese, where the result was less one-sided, but resulted in a 2-1 loss nevertheless. This has not only caused concern about promotion back into LR's illustrious Div 1, but rumours now circulating of unhappy players at Fiorentina, the two main being Ibra and Ronaldo, who could seek a transfer, manager Kylan had this to say on the matter;

I can assure both you and our supporters, that our last two losses are just a minor setback, and talks of transfers are rubbish, and if we did look to deal either star, or any player in our squad, it would only be in the best interest of our club, in an attempt for promotion, and strengthening the club. There will be changes to come, but they may not be the ones people are thinking about, that's all i have to say.

la Viola turn to youth!

fiorentina_logo.jpg

41664_1253875065.jpg42031_1255764623.jpg42103_1256228680.jpg

Koke, Marcos Alonso, Gonalons

In a bid to look to the future of the club Fiorentina would like to officially announce the signing of 3 promising youngsters. The deal for these 3 players where completed earlier on in the last 2 months, but due to withstanding 'work appeals', all 3 signings could not be confirmed at the time. The 3 players incoming are; Jorge Koke, Mendoza Marcos Alonso & Maxime Gonalons. Koke and Marcos Alonso are exceptional Spainish talents, Koke of whom comes to us from Atletico Madrid's youth system, while, Marcos Alonso, son of former Real Madrid great, comes from Madrid's youth academy. Gonalons arrives from Lyon, where he made a few starts in the XI, which we where impressed with enough to feel he can further his growth here. These talents only further add to our exceptional depth of talented youth at the club, and have the potential to grow to be a part of something great here.

4053156970_a068558f6f_o.jpg

In a sensational move, Fiorentina have made a stunning move and sacked, Assistant Manager, "The Special One", Jose Mourinho. :eek:

hqdefault.jpg

Mourinho seen above was sulking on his TV show, Special 1 TV, as he broke down about the news as his tenure of a year and a half with the Florence club came to an end. Under Mourinho's tenure as Assistant Manager, Fiorentina won nothing, and they also got relegated, along with being subjected to many controversies in la Resistance. Jose had this to say on the matter;

Mourinho: Theeez obviously is not a good time, i leave Chelsea, then Internazionale, and come here for success in partnership with Kylan, but we fail. *sobs* I must carry on for I am special, and god wills it, i shall drink vodka tonight in salute of la Viola, it has been the greatest moment in my life to be at theez club, maybe i will return one day, but for now, i must go eat some chicken, eat my vitamins, and play by the sea. :(

Fiorentina have also left an official club statement for the reason upon Mourinho's termination.

Fiorentina would like to officially confirm the termination of Jose Mourinho's contract as Assistant Manager at AFC. We feel that the club has not been best represented by Mr.Mourinho, nor have our results progressed under his watch, if anything they have diminished. We would like to thank Jose for his time, and wish him the best, we also feel our players needed this change as many became unsettled by Mourinho's mannerisms.

Ministry of la Résistance

EnoCrest.gif

The Ministry of la Résistance do hereby formally announce the launch of 'la Résistance TV', a new company launched at aiming to bring LR news, transfers, thorough analysis, pre-game, post-game discussions straight into your living room! It will only cost a minuscule £4.99/month. The ministry will conduct an extensive search for the best possible candidates to host the program, current front runners at the bookies include, former Fiorentina Assistant Manager, Jose Mourinho, Kangawuu, B-rizzle, the infamous duo of Sooty & Sweep, amongst others.

LR presents...

la Résistance TV

Transfer News and Pre-Match Press Conference

FC Schalke 04 are going to sell their old stars. Massimo Oddo is at medicals to join with Catania and Marko Pantelic is at medicals to join with Ajax. Lars Sohnwaldt: ''I am going to sell them both because they are old and i can't see that they are going better anymore, it would be a good chance to them by playing in a team where they are first team regular starters, in our team they would only sit on the bench and earn money doing it and then retire with alot money. They both have told me that they want to leave, because they want to end their career by playing football, not by sitting on the bench or at home. I can use that money for buying good youngsters that are not spotted by other clubs managers.''

Massimo-Oddo-4.jpg

Old AC Milan star Massimo Oddo is at medicals to join with Catania.

video_pantelic_ard_400.jpg

Marko Pantelic is at medicals to join with Ajax.

FC Schalke will play tonight against Portugal giants Sporting CP. Sporting are at 9th place in Division 2 and have lost their last 3 games, Schalke are at last place and have won their last game and that was their only win of the season. Schalke have scored more goals than Sporting, but have conceded more. Sporting are the favourites for tonights clash. Lars Sohnwaldt: ''I hope that we will win our game tonight, but a draw wouldn't be so bad for us, I just don't want to keep the Schalke's losing style. I hope that Carlos Tevez can get something out of this match and maybe score some goals. We are stuck at last place and we have to get out of that.''

carlos_tevez_2_the_associated_press.jpg

Lars Sohnwaldt hopes that Carlos Tevez will play good against Sporting.

la Résistance TV

LIVE

simpsons-reporter-100x100.jpg

KENT BROCKMAN: New LR reporter Kent Brockman here in Florence, where we have breaking news that Fiorentina have just completed a transfer after days of negotiations with Portuguese club, Benfica. The deal sees 3 players along with cash involved. The terms of the deals are undisclosed however we are about to head into the AFC press conference on the new sign which is being held out on the pitch, as thousands of Fiorentina supporters have gathered to see who it is.

Fiorentina.jpg

*Fiorentina supporters waiting in anticipation.*

:eek:

kent.gif

KENT BROCKMAN: WHATS THIS! The noise in the stadium is getting louder... err.. oh yes... we've heard the new signing is now on the pitch, its ANGEL DI MARIA!! :D The player comes out the tunnel is stunning fashion doing the airplane, like he's just scored! :rolleyes:

dmn1.jpg

FIORENTINA CHAIRMAN: We would officially like to announce the signing of Winger, Angel Di Maria from SL Benfica, which sees Vuidez, Joe Allen and 9million go in return.

KYLAN: We feel Di Maria gives up more depth on the flanks, something we really need, we need to create more scoring chances and thats something i feel he also brings as well, and has alot of room for growth. We had competition for this player's signature and we're glad he chose us. We're not sure whether he'll start in today's match, if he did it would be a home debut, something i'll think about.

DI MARIA: It's an honour to be at a big club like Fiorentina, before i could only dream of such a move. I will look forward to playing with the likes of Hamsik, Montolivo, Ronaldo, Ibra, it can only help my game.

kentbrockman.jpg

KENT BROCKMAN: Well there you have it! Angel Di Maria... now a Fiorentina player, this surely must question with the Florence side now with 4/5 flank players, will this further speculate that Cristiano Ronaldo could be on his way out!? ;) Something to keep an eye on. Kent Brockman.. reporting for the NEW, la Resistance TV., signing off. Good day.

New man at Arsenal

maurice_edu_1_isiphotoscom.jpg

Edu transfer listed

Aidan Radford has been appointed the new manager of Arsenal. Radford has a lot of experience and Arsenal believe he's the right man for the job. He's transfer listed young midfielder Maurice Edu, with the asking price of £2,500,000. He's also placed Carnerio Keirrison, Carlos Vela, Kyle Lafferty, Aaron Ramsey, Daniel Parejo, Esclapez Aaron Niguez and Fransico Merida on the loan list and has decided to let Fiorentina hold on to Johan Djourou and Mikael Silvestre on loan. Arsenal have a lot of quality in their squad and will look to build on that, the new managers first game in charge is at home to Real Madrid tonight.

"The Special One" signs for Atletico!

specialone222x300.jpg

Just 24 hours after being sacked by Fiorentina, Jose Mourinho has agreed a deal with Atletico Madrid to become assistant and youth team manager. It's believed that Atletico moved quickly to get Mourinho after several sides declared interest in offering him a new job. Mourinho made a short statement this morning, saying:

Theeez obviously is a very good time, I leave Chelsea, then Internazionale, then that poop club Fiorentina. I soon realised that I'd run out of chicken, no longer needed vitamins and hated the sea. What was there for me to do? Simples. I must return to football but at a good side, and then Atletico called! I signed a deal until end of season straight away, and will look after the youth team and assist the manager.

Mourinho then left and was later seen at the Madrid airport. Rumours suggest he is trying to secure new signings for Atletico, but the club have denied this stating that Mourinho likes to watch planes.

Meanwhile, Sporting CP defender Daniel Carrico joins for £5.7 million.

edit:

Fernando Cavenaghi can go for cash on the 2nd November when his transfer ban ends. Stephen Ireland can leave the day after.

Match Report

398_1201607911.gif FC Schalke 04 3 - 2 Sporting CP 246_1190006359.gif

Referee: flags_of_Finland.gif Tony Asumaa

Stadium: José Alvalade (52,000)

Attendance: 25,157

FC Schalke 04 have won their second game in a row, this time against Sporting CP 3-2. Schalke had better possession against Sporting, 54% against 46%. In this game there was a total of 55 shots taken in this game. Sporting got more shots on target, but they got more yellow cards, Sporting got 2, Schalke got 1. Heiko Westermann was chosen as the MoM. Lars Sohnwaldt: ''I am very happy that we managed to get a win against that big team. I'm glad that they didn't let Thierry Henry play tonight. Tevez made a good job in front and I was very pleased with his form, also with Antonio Valencia's and Heiko Westermann's and John Obi Mikel's form. I hope that we keep our winning ways and will not get the last place this season.''

Heiko-Westermann-wurde-vom-Bundestrainer-ins-Aufgebot-berufen_41313facef.jpg

Heiko Westermann was chosen as the MoM.

Sanni-Azeez_54_mikeli.jpg

John Obi Mikel celebrating his goal by ripping his shirt off.

Arsenal 1 - 1 Real Madrid

21, Adebayor

88, J. Cole

0D5045C5-D896-4DF4-21E22FF4D07D4C89.jpg

Adebayor celebrates his goal

Arsenal were unlucky not to beat Real Madrid as Joe Cole knicked a late equaliser for the Spanish giants. Arsenal stay in 9th and with Juventus dropping to 11th they're under a lot of pressure to preform as the highest placed team in they're group. Emmanuel Adebayor gave Arsenal the lead on 21 minutes with a sublime finish past Madrid keeper Iker Casillas. Arsenal looked like holding on for the win but Joe Cole pounced on a Manuel Almunia fumble to give Real Madrid a point.

172_1245420019.jpg

Valencia 2-1 Sevilla

J.MATA 13

I.OLIC 19

T.HITZLSPERGER 52

Valencia maintain the good start to the season with a 2-1 victory over a strong Sevilla side. :) In 4th atm, 3 points behind 1st. Beats beating relegation like every other year. :D

Matteo Brighi and Mariano Pernia are both available for cash if anyone is interested.

Romelo Lukaku also joined the club this week for £2.1 million, beating off competition from two other clubs! :)

star players goal count!

(SEASON 5)

- @ end of Week 8 -

RWNF The Next Generation

->Wayne Rooney: 3 goals

->Robinho: 2 goals

->Vágner Love: 0 goals

->Yakubu: 6 goals

fullstop.

->Andres Iniesta: 5 goals

->Liédson: 3 goals

->Radamel Falcao: 1 goals

->Roman Pavlyuchenko: 6 goals

We Heart Jackness

->Didier Drogba: 0 goals

->Luca Toni: 2 goals

->Carlos Tevez: 0 goals

->Antonio Cassano: 4 goals

Norfolk Nchance

->Emmanuel Adebayor: 1 goals

->Amauri: 1 goals

->Thierry Henry: 0 goals

->Zlatan Ibrahimovic: 5 goals

WILLIAM WALLACE!

->Sergio Aguero: 1 goals

->Luis Fabiano: 0 goals

->Fernando Torres: 1 goals

->Pavel Pogrebnyak: 1 goals

The Hairy Ratts

->Alexandre Pato: 0 goals

->Dimitar Berbatov: 3 goals

->Patrick Helmes/Bendter: 2 goals

->Alexander Frei: 3 goals

One Ron of a show!

Cristiano-Ronaldo-scores--001.jpg

Fiorentina's, Cristiano Ronaldo was a one-man-show, putting on a clinical effort in front of the Viola faithful.

107_1204588409.gif4 - 080_1217330011.jpg

VENUE: @ Artemio Franchi, Florence

GOALSCORERS - Fiorentina: C.Ronaldo(50,70), Hamsik(57), Beckham(85)

-Tottenham: NONE

M.O.M: Cristiano Ronaldo

POSSESSION: 68% - 32%

TOTAL SHOTS: 33 - 7

SHOTS ON TARGET: 22 - 0

CORNERS: 4 - 10

YELLOW CARDS: 2 - 2

RED CARDS: 0 - 0

INJURIES: Fiorentina - David Beckham (fractured cheekbone)

Fiorentina have once again found their composure as they took to the pitch for the first time since the departure of former Assistant Manager, Jose Mourinho, and earned themselves a well deserved, one-sided victory against a depleted Tottenham side.

Fiorentina's XI saw a brand new look, as the team seemed to be much more uplifted heading out of the tunnel, with new signing, Angel Di Maria included in the squad, getting his first start and in front of the home supporters. From the get-go, Ronaldo proved to be the standout man, almost inching a goal within 5 mins. Di Maria then stared to show his flair on the wings, challenging and beating Spurs' defenders, however was unable to provide that lackluster finish the end product needed. The most clear-cut best chance in the first-half came to Spurs in the 34th minute as Erding, who had an open goal, after a scramble by la Viola's back 4, fluffed it, missing completely.

The second half on the other hand, proved to be Fiorentina's defining moment as within 5 mins, Ronaldo opened the scoring after connecting beautifully on the half-volley, leaving Irishman, Shay Given stunned. 7 mins later a great one-two between Beckham and Hamsik saw Fior go up 2-nil as Marek Hamsik neatly finished the passing combo off with a slick finish. Di Maria took till the 70th min to make his mark on a Viola goal as he made a great run down the right side, with a superb cross across the box, to none other than Ronaldo who headed it home for a 3-nil lead! The final sword was delivered to the North London outfit, Spurs, when Englishmen, David Beckham capped off his fine performance with a rare headed goal, as he soared over Brazillian, Naldo, and tucked it in past Given, although there where consequences to pay as Becks' head also connected with Naldo's afterwards, forcing him to leave the pitch, with a fractured cheekbone. Final score 4-nil to Fiorentina, surely the gaffer will be happy with Di Maria's debut and the superb efforts of his team, mostly Ronaldo, who has been at the talk of alot of transfer rumours for the second year running.

In-game Pictures

what-a-goal-by-cristiano-ronaldo.jpg

Ronaldo shows he wont let the 'off-pitch' talk distract his game, scoring 2 goals, earning M.O.M honours.

di-maria.jpg

Angel Di Maria, shows his worth on his debut, setting up a goal, a running the flanks like a wild man, showing tremendous pace and skill.

beckham_david0410.jpg

After a stellar performance at CM, Becks scores a goal, then goes down in pain after fracturing his cheekbone, which could see him miss the rest of the season, not so good news, after a great performance.

spurs-lose-again-415x275.jpg

'Away side', Tottenham looking completely depleted after the final whistle, surely manager, Liam Smith, will look to tinker with the XI ahead of there next match.

Player News

Lars Sohnwaldt has stated that if Carlos Tevez won't score in their next match against Liverpool then he is going to put Tevez on transfer list. Rumours say that Lars Sohnwaldt is allready trying to replace tevez with Didier Drogba and maybe Tevez won't even be in Schalke in next match, Drogba might play for Schalke in future. Lars Sohnwaldt: ''I am not very happy that Tevez doesn't score goals, he is our star player and should be the best in our team, but it seems not. Striker should score goals and even my midfielders score more than Tevez, he scores when a chicken takes a wee, never, maybe he just wants to play for an other team, like Chelsea.''

Tevez3007LonLite_468x422.jpg

Carlos Tevez could leave Schalke.