la Résistance (Official thread)

Re: la Résistance (Official thread)

la Viola hit out @ Atletico!

107_1204588409.gif

DSC00211.JPG

la Résistance TV

LIVE

simpsons-reporter-100x100.jpg

KENT BROCKMAN: Live from Florence here again, as I, Kent Brockman bringing you up to date news on the new 'la Resistance TV' channel. As of right now members of the press are gathering as Fiorentina have called a press conference... for what? We shall soon find out.

*long pause*

Right we're hearing some members of the Fiorentina Club have taken to the podium and we'll listen in. It appears as Fiorentina, Director of Communications, Adrian Bevington formerly a member of The FA, will speak first.

_44302311_bevington203get.jpg

BEVINGTON: Firstly thank you all for coming on such short notice. Secondly a brief statement will be made by Fiorentina management following my leave, we would ask that you all just leave it to the statement said, and ask no questions on the matter, and the conference will be concluded.

kent_brockman.gif

KENT BROCKMAN: Well i must say, certainly trying to be the authoritative figure isn't he, "no questions!" PFFT! Kop out already! Well here comes the GREAT manager, Kylan. :rolleyes:

KYLAN: The matter on which Fiorentina have summoned you the press is on the sentiments and actions which where expressed by both our former employee, Assistant Manager, Jose Mourinho, and football club, Atletico Madrid. Only two days ago we terminated Jose's contract at the club, and sent him packing, with which we left on good terms, then he not only signs for one of our bitter rivals, Atletico Madrid, but has the audacity to call our club out, calling us "that poop club Fiorentina", both highly unprofessional and just rude. Well to Jose i say, we never won anything with you as my assistant, if anything you proved to be a distraction, so good riddance. As for Atletico Madrid, we know the club is trying to undermine us, and the decisions we make! We know how there manager George plays things out, their part played and actions towards us during "La Kanga Fiasco" and "La Kanga Fiasco part deux" have not been forgotten. This is a pure attempt to take a swipe at us, they have aloada 'ell coming there way when we face them on the pitch, they know Jose is useless, and we certainly hope he does a bad of a job as he did here, over there! If i where Jose I'd fear for my life upon his return to the Artemo Franchi. That is all. B)

02goal.190.jpgatletico_madrid_football_tv.jpg

*"The Special One" and Atletico Madrid called out*

Kent-BrockmanX.gif

KENT BROCKMAN: Strong words... strong words indeed! Kent Brockman... signing off.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: la Résistance (Official thread) Match Previews are on there way people. Infact.. They just got here ! Well.. yet another boring round of La Resistance comes to a head tomorrow night and i ha

Re: la Résistance (Official thread) United come back in a Thriller! A crowd of just over 75,000 people were left absolutely mesmerised at what was one of the games of the season at Old Traffor

Re: la Résistance (Official thread) Inter Triumph And Ground is Gained With Kaka suspended, and Gabriel Milito NMF, it was all down to Jack Rodwell and Stefan Sessegnon. Chelsea travell

Mourinho helps Atletico sign more youth!

mourinho.png

Atletico Madrid have confirmed the accepted signings of another 4 players today, after Jose Mourinho met with their clubs yesterday to agree the price. All that's left now is for them to sign their contracts which should be done within the next 24 hours. Hull defender Liam Cooper, Basel's Xherdan Shaqiri, Jo Coppens of Cercle Brugge, and Lyon's 17 year old striker Ishak Belfodil will all join and will work with Mourinho in the youth setup.

Meanwhile, Mourinho has laughed off suggestions that he will fear for his life upon his return to the Artemo Franchi, saying:

Fear for my life on my return? Theeez is stupid. I shall not return there. Atletico Madrid is Division 1 side, Fiorentina are Division 2. They were too scared to play Atletico this year and put in poor performances to get relegated and save themselves. Kylan told me this last season.

Atletico also commented at a press conference this afternoon:

Atletico Madrid wish to state that they have no problems with Fiorentina and their club. In the past, the sides have been rivals because of the Kangaroo problems, but these were eventually dealt with and Atletico were happy with the punishment they received. Whilst this rivalry will continue whenever these sides meet in the future, Atletico Madrid are not trying to undermine Fiorentina, or the decisions they make. Comments made by our assistant manager Jose Mourinho are those of his opinion and he obviously feels as though he was harshly treated at Fiorentina. We also take this opportunity to welcome Mr. Mourinho to Atletico and hope he enjoys a successful time here.

Transfer News

Danny Welbeck has signed for Schalke in a £3.5M deal plus Federico Santander. Lars Sohnwaldt: ''I am very exited to pronounce you our newest and very young signing Danny Welbeck, he has a bright future in Schalke and I hope that he will stay with Schalke when he is older and a good player.''

danny_welbeck.jpg

Danny Welbeck at Schalke's party.

The Austrian David Beckham Has Landed!

31087_news.jpg

panathinaikos_logo.jpg-----> (Undisclosed Fee) Inter+Milan+2007-08Logo.png

Today Inter Milan announced the signing of Andreas Ivanschitz for an undisclosed fee. Ivanschitz has brought more depth to the woefully shallow winger department, and will prove to be a hit with the other players and fans.

He has already challenged Ismael Bangoura for the Left Midfield spot, and with manager Milligan looking for a more natural left footer, he's probably won too. Rumours around Milan have said that Ivanschitz forced Sofaine Feghouli out, due to his lack of form and match Practice.

"Andreas is almost certain to start our next match on sunday night. We do not expect big things from him yet, but hopefully he can provide stability to the shaky left flank".

North London Derby Delight!

Tottenham Hotspur travelled to The Emirates last night in what was billed as a vital Premier League Clash infront of over 60,000 people in Arsenal.

It was a cagey opening with both sides trying to take control of the midfield, with the only notable opportunity in the first 10 minutes was a high volley from Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner after a typically flowing move from the home side. With Manuel Almunia rarely touching the ball in the first half an hour, it was his opposite number in Heurelho Gomes who produced a stunning reflex save to claw away what was a destined opener from Robin Van Persie midway through the half. Eventually though, Arsenal got something for there long periods of possession, Bacary Sagna got the ball back from a throw in and produced a deliciously teasy ball into the six yard box for van persie to stab home under the desperate lunge of spurs keeper, Gomes. 1-0 to Arsenal.

As television replays kept showing the sensational move, people watching from there home seats could only listen as the commentator shouted, "FABREGAS, FABREGAS, FABREGASSSS!", as the replays finished we saw the ball in the back of the net and Emirates stadium was roaring once again! Just 11 seconds after the restart, Fabregas had stolen the ball of Palacios and gone on a mazy run to make it 2-0 to Arsenal right before half-time.

As the teams came out for the second half, Arsenal were the confident side but were also quite nervous as a result of there last two matches, where they had thrown away leads to drop points against West Ham United and AZ Alkmaar respectively. As the half wore on, the likes of Peter Crouch and Jermaine Jenas started to get a bit more of look in as Arsenal took a foot off the pedal, and were thankful to Alexandre Song after the defensive midfielder trotted back brilliantly to time a fantastic last ditch challenge to deny spurs a route back into the game. Spurs were made to pay for that as Arsenal scored a controversial third. Eduardo was fouled on the right hand side but the ball broke to Bacary Sagna, with the referee waving play on.. for a brief moment both sides stopped but Sagna weaved in another teasing delivery that went straight through Sebastien Bassong and Goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes, to the delight of Robin Van Persie, who ecstatically tapped home the simplest of goals from six-yards into an empty net to make it 3-0 to Arsenal. Eduardo and Van Persie then wasted great opportunities for Arsenal to further humiliate spurs, but it wasnt to be, Arsenal were forced to take a 3-0 win that Arsene Wenger was delighted with.

In LR News..

In his first public appearance since sensationally quitting as manager of Manchester United around 3 weeks ago, Razz has hit out at Fiorentina boss Kylan Hood as well as hailing Atletico manager George.

Of Fiorentina manager Kylan:

Well, its amazing isnt it.. He barely logs onto his account for most of last season to do his tactics, and then blames Jose Mourinho as the "distraction" that lead to them being relegated and having no trophies. I feel Kylan is just making excuses for his sides poor results of last season. I have nothing to do with this but I feel Jose Mourinho didnt deserve the lack of respect that he received by Mr. Hood.

He followed that up by hailing the impressive Atletico boss, George:

What the bloody heck is this boy on? He must have some drugs in him because the way he's handling that Atletico side is truelly amazing. He's built that side up from basically three good players into a full list of talented players. Sure, its not the best side in the world, but he's done a mightily good job with that side, and now that he's got Mourinho helping him out, i fully expect them to go from strength to strength.

There was just one more thing Razz wanted to say before leaving the conference, admitting it was hard not to wade into the heated arguments between some managers with regards to AC Milans signing of Fabregas.

When asked what he thought of the situation, he said:

well, its hard to say because im not a mind reader and im not either Stefan or Tramp, but theres absolutely no doubt that its suspicious. I dont think even Stefan can say that he would think otherwise had it been any other deal involving two other teams. I mean, if Tramp had not quit the next day i think there would be no problem with regard to the deal. Fabregas is a wonderful player, and I for one would be biased to say anything pending the actual deal itself, but yeah, to sell your best player and then quit the next day must be looked into.

The Wizard Of Oz Makes Incredible Comeback... At Inter!!!

Inter+Milan+2007-08Logo.png

Yes, you heard correctly, Razz is returning to La Resistance as assistant coach of Inter Milan. The deal has been negotiated so that He helps the Inter Milan manager pick his starting XI, and make transfers they both feel appropriate.

"I have had a good relationship with Razz ever since I met him all those years ago, and I am delighted to have him partnering me. The team morale seems to have gone Sky high since the announcement was made, and players like Khedira are very pleased to be back under his guidance."

More soon as this story develops.

Inter-Milan-Logo.gif

Razz Returns!

There have been some rumours circulating around that Inter were about to snap up Razz as an assistant, and just a few minutes ago, it was CONFIRMED!

Long time Inter Milan manager Ferg Milligan has stated for a long time the need for stability and consistency inside his italian outfit, and with former Manchester United manager Razz now available, he swooped. Inter have made a less than impressive start to the new season, lieing in 9th position, however it is assumed that the arrival of the two-time title winner will be a kick-up-the-bum that the Inter players need.

When asked why he accepted the job offered to him by Ferg Milligan, he replied, speaking at Perth International Airport in Australia:

I can see that this side is in need of extra motivation, extra experience and some tough work. I believe I can install these characteristics into the side and I believe, with myself and Ferg working in tandem, we can have a fantastic run of results. Players that think i will be nice have alot of thinking to do because im here for a reason, to get this side up to division 1. I will do whatever i have to do to make this happen. It's not impossible, and I for one believe we can do it.

Razz is not expected to be in the dugout for tonights big clash at table-toppers AS Roma as he will be on the Emirates enjoying a nice curry during the match, but it is almost certain that he will be on the bench for the hosting of Udinese on Thursday Night, a game that is expected to be broadcasted live on SoccerManager.com.

star players goal count!

(SEASON 5)

- @ end of Week 9 -

RWNF The Next Generation

->Wayne Rooney: 4 goals

->Robinho: 3 goals

->Vágner Love: 0 goals

->Yakubu: 6 goals

fullstop.

->Andres Iniesta: 5 goals

->Liédson: 4 goals

->Radamel Falcao: 2 goals

->Roman Pavlyuchenko: 8 goals

We Heart Jackness

->Didier Drogba: 1 goals

->Luca Toni: 3 goals

->Carlos Tevez: 0 goals

->Antonio Cassano: 4 goals

Norfolk Nchance

->Emmanuel Adebayor: 1 goals

->Amauri: 2 goals

->Thierry Henry: 0 goals

->Zlatan Ibrahimovic: 5 goals

WILLIAM WALLACE!

->Sergio Aguero: 1 goals

->Luis Fabiano: 0 goals

->Fernando Torres: 1 goals

->Pavel Pogrebnyak: 1 goals

The Hairy Ratts

->Alexandre Pato/Luis Suarez: 5 goals

->Dimitar Berbatov: 4 goals

->Patrick Helmes/Bendter: 2 goals

->Alexander Frei: 3 goals

GOALS GALORE!

istockphoto_6169878-soccer-balls-on-the-goal.jpg

10 goals... IN ONE MATCH! :rolleyes:

107_1204588409.gif5 - 5 246_1190006359.gif

VENUE: @ Artemio Franchi, Florence

GOALSCORERS - Fiorentina: Hamsik(36), Arteta(40), Ben Arfa(53), Song(63), Ronaldo(72)

-Sporting: Edu(3,55), Ambrosini(7), Cruz(68), Fabio Aurelio(79)

M.O.M: Massimo Ambrosini

POSSESSION: 56% - 44%

TOTAL SHOTS: 22 - 20

SHOTS ON TARGET: 14 - 9

CORNERS: 7 - 5

YELLOW CARDS: 1 - 1

RED CARDS: 0 - 0

INJURIES: NONE

la Viola will be feeling quite upset after this one, after failing to hold the lead a numerous amount of times, but one can't deny what a cracking match it was, full of goals, no defending.

Dan Griffin's, Sporting Lisbon rolled into town looking to turn his club's fortunes around after a non-stellar start to this season's campaign, against an 'underachieving' Fiorentina side who have failed to maintain a level of quaint consistency, and it took only but 3 minutes for Sporting to make their mark as winger, Luis Edu ran onto a through ball from Luis Garcia, thumping the ball into the top corner of goal, past Frey. From their things only went worst for Fiorentina as 4 minutes on, Massimo Ambrosini who was an absolute beast all over the park today, putting in a M.O.M performance, put the 'away' side up 2-nil, after shooting the ball, from an acute angle which was then deflected into the goal, no chance for a stumped, Sebastien Frey. Thereafter both teams continued to attack one another, both playing similar styles of pure attack on the counter, going back and forth, when finally the home side had an answer with in-form midfielder, Marek Hamsik making a sensational run right through the heart of Sporting's mid, thundering a 30 yard strike in the goal, 2-1 Sporting. Only just a minute later Lisbon got Frey's heartbeat racing, as Luis Garcia with a 20 yard blaster thudded the crossbar, which off of the miss, la Viola countered, seizing an error in Sporting's defence, Mikel Arteta latched on to the ball, put it past Friedel, 2-2 @ halftime.

The second half picked off exactly where the first left off, this time with Fiorentina taking their first lead of the match as winger Hatem Ben Arfa took an unexpected shot from outside the box, which curled just inside of the post, leaving Friedel disjointed, 3-2 Fiorentina. Only 2 minutes later Edu scored his second leveling things up, whereby 8 mins after Fior regained the lead yet again, courtesy of Alexandre Song, 4-3. You'd think la Viola would try to hold the lead, but it wasn't to be as Sporting answered yet again, just 5 mins later as Julio Cruz put a shot in the goal, off the post, 4-4., then 4 mins later finally Ronaldo found his way on the goal-front, beating the 'offside-trap' played by Sporting, tucking the ball under Friedel, 5-4 la Viola. As the story goes to this match, there was one last goal to come as Sporting kept up their pattern of answering to each of Fiorentina's goals, 5 mins later a wicked deflection wrong footed Frey, a goal which Aurelio took credit for, 5-5 the final score, wow.

In-game Pictures

sportingG0304_468x301.jpgC_3_Media_859539_immagine_det.jpg

There was only one story to this match; GOALS... GOALS... GOALS! Both teams walk away with a point.

A lot of goals scored tonight then, 9 in my match! :o:p

Valencia 7-2 Atletico

D.BERBATOV 13

L.ANDERSON 27

d.LIEDSON 29

J.DAVID SILVA 35, 53

K.HUNTELAAR 37, 41

J.MATA 48

A.HERNANES 83

Awesome result for me, puts me into 2nd. :) Only the one goals for Berba though. :( Still, hes not having too bad of a season.

Arsenal up next, who didn't have a great game tonight conceding 6.

Transfer News

Carlos Tevez has been transfer listed because he didn't score against Liverpool and was playing disappointedly by getting a yellow card. Schalke have also signed John Heitinga from Panathinaikos on a £3.2M deal plus Levan Kobiashvili & Orlando Engelaar

_46057074_tevez466x260.jpg

Carlos Tevez is transfer listed after a game against Liverpool.

Match Report

398_1201607911.gif FC Schalke 04 1 - 3 Liverpool 44_1201797906.gif

Referee: flags_of_France.gif Bertrand Layec

Stadium: Anfield (45,000)

Attendance: 40,886

FC Schalke 04 have lost their game against Liverpool 3-1, while Liverpool were the favourites for yesterdays clash. It all started well, at the half time the score was 1-1, on 46th minute Forlan scored one and on 82nd Rafinha scored an own goal. Lars Sohnwaldt: ''I wasn't very happy when we lost but Liverpool were the favourites and I didn't even expect my team to win. I have put Tevez to transfer list, I warned him, but I think that he doesn't wan't to play in our team anymore. He has been with us a bit more than 3 seasons and hasn't scored alot goals for us, but a striker needs to score to be in our team like Kevin Kuranyi he scored at a international match 2 goals for Germany and yesterday he was the one who got on the scoresheet. Liverpool were dominating the game on the second half and I don't know what happened to our team on second half. I am not angry to Marcio Rafinha, because he scored an own goal and I don't want to give him more pressure that he has right now. Our next game against Zenit won't be that hard like yesterday.''

Kevin_Kuranyi_.jpg

Kevin Kuranyi celebrating his late first half equaliser.

Transfer News

Carlos Tevez has been transfer listed because he didn't score against Liverpool and was playing disappointedly by getting a yellow card. Schalke have also signed John Heitinga from Panathinaikos on a £3.2M deal plus Levan Kobiashvili & Orlando Engelaar

_46057074_tevez466x260.jpg

Carlos Tevez is transfer listed after a game against Liverpool.

Match Report

398_1201607911.gif FC Schalke 04 1 - 3 Liverpool 44_1201797906.gif

Referee: flags_of_France.gif Bertrand Layec

Stadium: Anfield (45' date='000)

Attendance: 40,886

FC Schalke 04 have lost their game against Liverpool 3-1, while Liverpool were the favourites for yesterdays clash. It all started well, at the half time the score was 1-1, on 46th minute Forlan scored one and on 82nd Rafinha scored an own goal. Lars Sohnwaldt: ''I wasn't very happy when we lost but Liverpool were the favourites and I didn't even expect my team to win. I have put Tevez to transfer list, I warned him, but I think that he doesn't wan't to play in our team anymore. He has been with us a bit more than 3 seasons and hasn't scored alot goals for us, but a striker needs to score to be in our team like Kevin Kuranyi he scored at a international match 2 goals for Germany and yesterday he was the one who got on the scoresheet. Liverpool were dominating the game on the second half and I don't know what happened to our team on second half. I am not angry to Marcio Rafinha, because he scored an own goal and I don't want to give him more pressure that he has right now.[b'] Our next game against Zenit won't be that hard like yesterday.''

Kevin_Kuranyi_.jpg

Kevin Kuranyi celebrating his late first half equaliser.

[/b]

Wait and see... I've won my last 4 out of 5...

la Résistance Coupe

TimBradleyGetty140x84.jpg

- Semi Finals -

329_1238250156.jpg 1 - 2 421_1205815973.gif

Tom Goodson VS JBK

VENUE: @ Stade Gerland, Lyon

Attendance: 41,044

GOALSCORERS - Lyon: Makoun(36)

-Celtic: Meira(16), Wendel(38)

M.O.M: Wendel

POSSESSION: 44% - 56%

TOTAL SHOTS: 16 - 15

SHOTS ON TARGET: 9 - 10

CORNERS: 5 - 10

YELLOW CARDS: 3 - 1

RED CARDS: 0 - 0

131_1204699836.gif 3 - 0 174_1198865982.gif

Jack Dimmick VS Adam Gutteridge

VENUE: @ Stadio Friuli, Udine

Attendance: 41,625

GOALSCORERS - Udinese: Coda(35), Floro Flores(57), D'Agostino(75)

-Villareal: NONE

M.O.M: D'Agostino

POSSESSION: 50% - 50%

TOTAL SHOTS: 19 - 20

SHOTS ON TARGET: 14 - 13

CORNERS: 9 - 9

YELLOW CARDS: 0 - 4

RED CARDS: 0 - 1

star players goal count!

(SEASON 5)

- @ end of LR Coupe, Semi Finals -

RWNF The Next Generation

->Wayne Rooney: 4 goals

->Robinho: 3 goals

->Vágner Love: 0 goals

->Yakubu: 6 goals

fullstop.

->Andres Iniesta: 5 goals

->Liédson: 4 goals

->Radamel Falcao: 2 goals

->Roman Pavlyuchenko: 8 goals

We Heart Jackness

->Didier Drogba: 1 goals

->Luca Toni: 3 goals

->Carlos Tevez: 0 goals

->Antonio Cassano: 4 goals

Norfolk Nchance

->Emmanuel Adebayor: 1 goals

->Amauri: 2 goals

->Thierry Henry: 0 goals

->Zlatan Ibrahimovic: 5 goals

WILLIAM WALLACE!

->Sergio Aguero: 1 goals

->Luis Fabiano: 0 goals

->Fernando Torres: 1 goals

->Pavel Pogrebnyak: 1 goals

The Hairy Ratts

->Alexandre Pato/Luis Suarez: 5 goals

->Dimitar Berbatov: 4 goals

->Patrick Helmes/Bendter: 2 goals

->Alexander Frei: 3 goals

Fountain of youth grows

fiorentina_logo.jpg

thumb_article2_20090223174819_Mats_Rits.JPGrits_belga.jpg.275.jpg

Fiorentina officially announced yet another signing to their ever-growing 'youth squad' of great prospects by acquiring the signature of Belgian 16 y/old midfielder, Mats Rits, who was signed after agreeing a transfer fee of around £500,000 from Germinal Beerschot for the prospective talent. Manager Kylan seemed delighted at the capture of Rits, was also questioned on the situation of players Ibra & Ronaldo, having this to say;

Kylan: It's obviously yet another great signing for our long growing list of up-coming talents. Mats has shown great composure for his age both at the U-National level and senior level for his former club in Belgium. He'll fit in well here and we'll hope to develop him into a full flourished star. As for Ibra and Ronaldo, I can tell you we have been contacted by some teams but have been unable to work a deal out that would suffice for both parties, that's all on the matter.

Tottenham transfer list duo

helmestosic.jpg

Helmes and Tosic have both been transfer listed

Tottenham Hotspur have transfer listed Patrick Helmes (£10.6 million) and Zoran Tosic (£8 million). Tottenham also signed another player on loan from AC Milan with Jerome Boateng joining Marko Marin at White Hart Lane.