Gold Championship 40 - Match Reports/Transfers

Re: Gold Championship 40 - Match Reports/Transfers

portsmouth.jpg

262_front_small.gif62_1218812976.jpg261_front_small.gif

Portsmouth Are Just A Few Points Off European Football!

3 Games ago, Portsmouth gaffer Dan Griffin said he is sorry for not playing the right teams and paying more attention to his side, and that he is now focusing on getting them European football next season, and it looks like its working, with Portsmouth just being 3 points off Spurs who are in the last European spot. Portsmouth have had the lowest league attendance all season, but that has not stopped them making a VERY late charge up the table, Portsmouth have the best league form in the league for the past 6 games now, just getting 2 more points than Adamski's Man. Utd.

The highest we can get is around 6th, if we are to challenge for 4th, its going to be a very hard challenge because Liverpool are on 61 points while we are on 42. We cannot win the league now, as Manchester United are 23 points infront of us and the maximum we can get is 21. I say we should aim as high as possible and hopefully the results will come in. We still have a relatively tough run in to the season, with games against Liverpool, Man. United, Aston Villa and Everton all left to play, we are going to have to buck up our idea's and start working together and paying attention in training and work our socks off.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 40 - Match Reports/Transfers Fans Furious... As Benitez Walks Out... Just a few minutes ago, five times European Cup Winners Liverpool saw their Spanish manager Rafa

Re: Gold Championship 40 - Match Reports/Transfers Everton So Far Transfer Front Only two completed signings have happened from so far, and they were in the positions Toggs thought they were lac

Re: Gold Championship 40 - Match Reports/Transfers Gold Championship 40 MATCH PREVIEW Round 1 SANTOS : GREMIO MATCH DETAILS Saturday 1st Nov Division 1 - 20:00 GT Vila Belmiro MATC

• 3 weeks later...

Roma extend their winning run to 8 games, the best in their history, this run has secured 4th place in the league and a place in next years SMFA Champions Cup, 8 games ago this seemed like an impossibility.

The other big surprise is that Julio Baptista has put his troubles behind him and has been putting in some top performances, he now has the highest average performace in the Roma squad, closely followed by Francesco Totti (who is now out injured).

With only 1 game to go and no chance of getting 3rd place Roma have the luxury of resting a few first XI players and giving youth a chance to show what they've got, maybe to try and force their way into the first XI for next season.

Roma win their last game 1-0, having already assured of 4th place in the league and a place in next years SMFA Champions Cup this allowed the manager to give Federico MACHEDA his debut for the club, playing as the lone front man in the absence of the injured Totti.

The last 11 games have been nothing short of amazing with stats of:

Played: 11

Won: 10

Drawn: 1

Lost: 0

Goals For: 18

Goals Against: 1

If we can take anything like this kind of form into next season then we may be able to challenge for the league title

44_1201797906.gif

Liverpool Are Champions!

premier-league-trophy.jpg

Liverpool have done the unthinkable and after what seems like a lifetime, Won the Premier League. With 3 games to play Liverpool were sitting 2nd in the league behind Man United trailing by 6 points. Man United needed 3 points from the last 3 games to secure another league title.

-----------------

Match Day 36

match1exe.jpg

Man United went on to lose the next match 3-1 away from home to Reading. While Liverpool beat West Brom 3-0 Kuyt, Gago and Gerrard with the goals, all coming in the last 15 minutes. The gap had been closed to 3 points with 2 games left. Man United still only needed 3 points to win the League.

-----------------

Match Day 37

match2x.jpg

Liverpool still had an outside chance of winning the league, and faced Wigan away next. The match ended in a 1-1 draw. Gerrard gave Liverpool the lead but Scharner levelled it on the hour to deny Liverpool the win and give Man United the chance to secure the title in their match against Portsmouth. Pompey had different plans and left Old Trafford with all 3 points thanks to two goals from P. Diop. Amazingly Liverpool now only trail Man United by 2 points.

-----------------

Match Day 38 - The Last Day

match3h.jpg

The League Title Race would go to the last game of the season. Liverpool would play Hull City whilst Man United would play Wigan at the JJB. Liverpool held their nerves and goals from Dossena and Cazorla handed Liverpoola 2-0 victory over Hull City, Liverpool would be champions only if Man United lose to Wigan. And thats just what the did. A John O'Shea own goal and a Lee Cattermole strike gave Wigan a 2-1 victory and handed Liverpool their1st League title in a long time.

Nice one Allan. Man.City finish 5th six points behind Chelsea but six points in front of Bolton. Happy with that :)

Brought in a few players near then end of the season.

Mbokani --> Caicedo + Jussie

Gilberto Silva --> Ben Haim + Pitau

Still looking to strenghthen the defence and can offer players like Krasic, Petrov, and other defenders for 89+. Made loads of bids but most are ignored :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Stuart, Ziggy, Jacko, we really need to use this thread more, tis a pretty good setup. Especially in the EPL :P

After losing the title last season due to some horendous ( SM induced ) form !

Man Utd have bounced back stronger and currently lie in first place, 17 points clear with 10 games remaing.

After losing out on Lass Diarra to my noisy neighbours ( Ziggy :P ), I signed Beck (89) for 13 million pounds.

Other important transfer news would be the sale of C.Ronaldo to Bayern for Ribery + Lahm, and the purchase of Schweinsteiger some weeks later for Giggs + Scholes.

Signed a few youth players to.

Hesse :P your Arsenal have fallen to pieces in the last three games:eek:

Hesse :P your Arsenal have fallen to pieces in the last three games:eek:

Well I suppose we can't say that the match engine isn't realistic!

In all fairness though a combination of really bad luck and fixture congestion.

The bad luck came in the form of Karl Ballard who is a very good (non-forumer) manager who I have seen do great things in other setups, who took over Chelsea just before I faced them in the SMFA Cup. He straightened them out to knock me out on away goals, and then beat me in the league. Unfortunately this just came as we hit the part of the season where I had to play 4 games in 6 days, and my squad just doesn't have enough depth at the moment, although it is something I am working on.

Made quite a few good signings this season.

Lassana Diarra --> Ryazantsev + Muamba

Granero --> Marcelinho Paraiba

Glenn Johnson --> Petrov + Garrido

Daelbert --> £8mil

El Shaawkry --> £1.4mil

Results wise, currently third. Same points as fourth placed 'pool and only 2 in front of 7th. Its definately fair to say it's close, other than you Adam ;)

• 2 weeks later...

3180396542_05a1004238.jpg

Manchester United 4-0 Liverpool

In a game that means so much to everyone involved, Manchester United came out convincing winners over a laclustre liverpool team. United completely dominated Liverpool with 59% possession, and peppered Hugo Lloris with 26 shots, Liverpool were powerless to stop Uniteds demolition.

The deadlock was broken in the 26th minute when Frank Ribery scored, his first of two goals. In a some what dubious set of circumtances Ribery took advantage of a poor reffering when he should of been ruled offside, the French winger did not hesitate in and thundered the ball into the back of the net sending the mancs into wild celebrations.

ribery.jpg

In the 40th minute Russian star Arshavin scored an absoloute beaut to kill Liverpools attempt at a comeback. With Liverpool lacking confidence, and with internal arguments breaking out, United too advantage once again with Ribery scoring and killing of the game in the 42nd minute.

Vidic added insult to injury scoring in the 53rd minute, This wins elevates a side already buzzing with confidence, with only 7 games remaining United are in a great position to win the league title.

bpp.jpg

United are also going strong in the SMFA cup, kicking out Spanish champions Real Madrid, and are on target to go into the semis.

• 5 weeks later...

I've never felt the need to post on the forum before but after helping Chelsea into the top four and getting to the semi-final of the SMFA Champions cup I'd like to say that this seems a very good set-up with some great managers.

Obviously if in another 19 games of my Chelsea career I'm in the bottom half and out of the cup then it will be a rubbish set-up, but hopefully that wont be the case.

Unfortunately in the semi of the SMFA cup my Chelsea couldn't get past a Manchester United that they'd beaten just seven games prior to this encounter. Going down 5-1 is a tough lesson but one that will be chewed on and hopefully spat straight back out in time for the next campaign.

As for transfer news, a few faces could be added, hopefully another top striker. Ballack is available for the right deal.

I'm looking forward to next season already.

Roma v Manchester United

SMFA Champions Cup Final - Friday 15 Jan 2010

Allianz Arena (69,901) - Attendance - 67,804

Roma: Gary Townsend (127) - Manchester United: Mr.Adamski AVFC (222)

Roma 1 - 0 Manchester United

Half Time: (1 - 0)

M.VUCINIC 9

A DONI

M CASSETTI --- S JUAN --- P MEXES --- C KLEBER

R TADDEI --- D DE ROSSI --- S PERROTTA --- M VUCINIC

J BAPTISTA

F TOTTI

H LLORIS

R FERDINAND --- N VIDIC --- G CHIELLINI

M ESSIEN

B SCHWEINSTEIGER --- A ARSHAVIN --- Y GOURCUFF ---F RIBERY

J FERNANDO TORRES --- W ROONEY

Roma were furious to find out that an English referee (Lee Probert) had been appointed for the event of the season, and this could be seen in the faces of the players when the team photos were being taken, this could be just the kind of thing to spur the players on against the big name players from Old Trafford.

A tight champions league final was settled by a single goal, scored in the 9th minute after a mix up in the defence, Mirko VUCINIC poking the ball home, not a spectacular goal, but they all count, the Roma fans went mental, one end of the Allianz lit up by red flares.

In typical Italian style Roma then shut up shop, happy with their lot, content to hold on to the one goal lead, as the stats show the rest of the game was fairly even, with few clear cut chances being created.

Final Stats

Roma | Man Utd

Possession: 54% - 46%

Total Shots: 7 - 10

Shots On Target: 7 - 6

Corners: 3 - 6

Yellow Cards: 3 - 2

Red Cards: 0 - 0

I was very surprised when I logged in and saw that I had won!

Looking at the teams the only thing that maybe went in my favour was that you had selected two players with a main position of AM in central midfield, then again it doesn't seem to have made a diference to you for the rest of the season!

Your turn next season I reckon :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MR. HAMMER

373_1216646749.jpg

NEW BOSS ON BORD!

Today Mattui Beckett has taken over Olympiacos the manager is hoping to push for the league this season and has a good team behind him there is some injerys to key players but we will be looking to sign a top defender or a good defender in the next few days also Gabriel Agbonlahor is linked with Arsenal and Ajax but we might be keeping him if no good Part Extange deals come in.

• 1 month later...

scp-boca-juniors-pin-badge.gif

GC40 - Boca Juniors - Mid Season Review

After a disappointing 4th place finish last season, Argentine giants Boca Juniors have started the season in style, firing themselves to the top of the league where they are currently 12 points ahead of 2nd place Lanus going into tonight's classico derby against River Plate.

martin-palermo.jpg

Veteran forward Palermo continues to bang them in for Boca

The season started poorly with the team being dumped out of the SMFA shield in the first round by French team Lyon. However, the team bounced back from this by making their way to the Argentine Shield final aswell as going top of the league.

10-10-boca-juniors.jpg

Boca Fans are starting to dream of league glory

The team's success has been mainly down to the Argentine strike duo of Rodrigo Palacio and Martin Palermo. The strikers have banged in 18 goals so far in the league and will hope to continue their scoring frenzy for the rest of the season. Added to that, the South Americans have added steel and skill to the midfield by bringing in Huszti,Karagounis,Schaars and Nunes not to mention signing Spanish fullback Iraola for £15 million.

• 2 months later...

Roma finish the season on 89 points, not enough to win the league though as Tony Beddows Juventus finish top on 90 points making it 3 league titles in a row, congrats to Tony, begrudgingly.... ;)

Next up for Roma is a trip to the Santiago Bernabéu for the SMFA Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg where Roma hold a 6-2 advantage from the first leg.

• 1 year later...

_44157842_clydes_logo_203.gif

Rangers+Badge.gif

Harry_Redknapp_469943t.jpg

Rangers FC Name New Coach For Rest Of Season 7!

A few days ago behind closed doors, Scottish club Rangers named English manager Harry Redknapp there new coach. The coach who has been called by many the best English manager in the world has said he is happy to come to Scotland yes it is normally just two teams doing well, but he can see this league getting better by the day. Scotland is the way to be now said Redknapp to press, I have managed some grate teams over the years now my main aim it to win league titles here with Rangers football club.

1863_1276631040.jpg6144_1276305616.jpg10648_1271081431.jpg

Three New Players At Rangers!

With the loss of Thiago Silva to London side Arsenal many are asking was the chose of Redknapp the right one, but he has been quick to bring back some players and has signed Aaron Lennon, Stephane M'Bia and Pierre Webo. Manager Redknapp has said the trio is the star this team needs to keep signing players like this the squad spent 35M on Silva in 2010 now we have cashed in for depth and have got it.

Rangers have won the Scottish Shield for the 4th time in 7 years after beating Hearts 4-1 last night.

Webo who made a 6M move in when Redknapp took over made his chance known in his first game after the sacking of Heskey who is now looking for another club.

The Cameroon ST now 29 baged 2 goals and set one up many are thanking the chance of signing the star who has already become a club hero after his goals last night.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...