Match Reporter of the Year - Discussion

WillC

Match Reporter of the Year - Discussion  

1. 1.

DISCUSS: Match Reporter of the Year, 2008. Yes or No?

Ok, now some of you may know that the 'FOTY team' will be running several official competitions in 2009,

that will range from the most anticipated 'forumer of the year' competitions to other competitions such as the 'scouter of the year'.

Well, after a discussion with Teb, I've kind of done a draft of the main nominations thread,

but before I make such a thread, I'd like your opinion on whether you'd aprove of a competition to find the

best Match Reporter of the year, 2008.

In my opinion, I don't see why their wouldn't be a reason to at least experiment with it this year,

as it may potentially be a very prestigious SM competition in the future.

Lets face it, many forumers out there, put hours of effort into match reports on a weekly basis.

These reports bring out their passion and love for the game.

A competition like this, will no doubt be a significant motivation factor for forumers next year.

We all crave about being in an 'active' forumer setup and this competition would be a brilliant incentive for them to get recognition at the conclusion of each year.

The reason why I want a 2008 competition is because of my encounters with exceptional match reports over the past few months.

If I get a successful vote, and we do get a quick 'MROTY' competition going for 2008,

then I'd be happy to donate a free standard setup to the winner.

trophy.jpg

At the moment I have several Ideas to run this,

My first preference would be to run a nominations thread for 2 weeks and allow forumers to write 2 eligible Match Reports prior to the end of November,

along with their selected 3 best reports prior to November and then 2/3 weeks of intense voting.

(Obviously the criteria for voting would be Quality, Activeness, Humour, Variety etc..)

Now, this would not work without you, the potential voters for this competition,

so like always, Im open for suggestions and constructive criticism.

i hope you dont perceive this incorrectly as this competition is in no way intended to coincide with the progressive forumer and chatroomer of the year competitions. In fact, the MROTY wouldnt even come close in size nor popularity :P

btw .. This thread is for discussions, not nominations! Thoughts and Opinions greatly appreciated. :)

Re: Match Reporter of the Year - Discussion

Well done, nice thread, i will vote approve once i have finished my post. Also People can PM Me any names that are popular/most on the (helpful and do most match reports) to be in my sm team of the month 16th Oct - 16th Nov. Please give me a few names as i'm not always on the Match report thread, although great idea! Please i need names as the comp ends on 16th Nov and were looking at every section!:) 2 Match Reporters allowed, so get impressing!:)

If you carry on like this WillC You'll be in it! So keep up the good work!

Approve!:)

I think this sounds good' date=' but leave it til next year IMO. Bit too soon this year, there's only two months left of the year, and I don't think that's long enough to get this all organised in a way that will make it anywhere near as good as FOTY.[/quote']

Thanks,

The main reason why I didn't create this thread straight away was due to the time factor as Sefton pointed out. Obviously, 2 months isn't that long and for it to be completed before Xmas would be a tough ask.

This all really depends on the amount of registrations. I seriously doubt we'll get that many nominations to be honest :o so I do think that with proper management and scheduling, it could be done in time.

But this is just my ambitious opinion, I for one am willing to put in the time and effort for this to be as successful as possible,

obviously need the voters backing to at least give 2008 an attempt B)

This idea has been brought up in the past many times and i have always been 100% behind the idea. There is an award for scout of the year, so why not match reporter of the year?? Because i believe that 'a good' match reporter takes as long as scouts on there work, if not longer on some ocassions, and the soccer manager match reports section has more posts in it than any other individual section on the forum.

I think this idea should go ahead and dependant on the numbers i think we could well have this competition completed by the new year. :)

I personally don't like these competitions but one of the things I have and still do really enjoy is reading other peoples match reports and if this encourages people to write them more often then good. You hardly see any like you used to, when I first joined I would actually sit for a hour or 2 reading them all, all the GC 7 ones and so on. When I joined Sm I enjoyed it from the start but I didn't join the forum until a year or so down the line and when I saw the match reports from everyone I thought this is pure class :D :D :DB)

Bring It On! :D:P

Just name a few favourites of mine...

Sinar, Jinky, Arsenal123, Dai, Louis, Ross, Sam Wainwroght, Rishabh and many more but can't think now :D

Good idea only due to the fact that I specialize in that area :D But haven't been posting lately as my GC nights have taken a turn for the worse:o

Sinar' date=' Jinky, Arsenal123, Dai, Louis, Ross, Rishabh and many more but can't think now :D

Good idea only due to the fact that I specialize in that area :D But haven't been posting lately as my GC nights have taken a turn for the worse:o[/quote']

Best pull out the old pen and paper then If you've forgotten me ;)

Good Idea :)

Who will organise it also?

I would prefer a mod run it' date=' but if they're all too busy then I'd be more than happy to chime in and give it a crack.

As for groups, I wouldn't be entirely sure how it'd work, of course this will depend on the number of participants.

So far, the majority are in favor, so we might see a sign-up/nominations thread this weekend :)

Sinar, Jinky, Arsenal123, Dai, Louis, Ross, Sam Wainwroght, Rishabh and many more but can't think now :D

Good idea only due to the fact that I specialize in that area :D But haven't been posting lately as my GC nights have taken a turn for the worse:o

Who's Sam Wainwroght :confused::P

The mods Ive asked were all busy so I might give it a crack if no one objects :rolleyes:

Rather than doing a sign-up thread, would you guys consider it being an invitational competition with the best 20 or so? (will obviously need help for a list tho :o )

Time is of an issue and the main goal would be to get it over and done with prior to the foty competition.

I will take into account any suggestions, if there are any :o

I voted "no"' date=' because i think people would get into fights if they didn't go throuhg, i.e Sparky losing to me because im the best match report writer (:P), but i woulden't mind seeing the comp up and running, it will be interesting.[/quote']

Lol, I wouldn't complain as I haven't been posting for ages. Only interested in doing my moderator job ;)

But if it were to start and if it were based on current reports than I'd start over again! :P

Hint:

Sparky 7 - Louis 3 - Match Reporters

:D :D :D :D

Everyone That Know Me Should Know That I Am One Of The Best Match Reporter On SM Forum For All Mine Work I Can Do For Them.

Well There Is A Bad Thing I Ain't Be On Here Long For This Years Comp So I Wasn't On SM Forum - Posting Way For About 3 Months.

Also You Need Some Kind Of A Ref For This Thing To Work. (I'm Always Will Be Happy To Help With Anything For The MROTY.)

Everyone That Know Me Should Know That I Am One Of The Best Match Reporter On SM Forum For All Mine Work I Can Do For Them.

Well There Is A Bad Thing I Ain't Be On Here Long For This Years Comp So I Wasn't On SM Forum - Posting Way For About 3 Months.

Haven't ever seen a match report of yours. :confused: :confused:

Yes, the FOTY TEAM 2009 will be voting on this as being one of the categories to help judge FOTY on.

If passed, we will be looking at match reports by everyone that writes them, so this would be a good test.

worth testing out - in my view

I will get a list of around 15-20 pro match reporters here by tomorrow morning. I may miss a couple so don't start criticizing me as it will change.

Should Tom and Sheva be included :confused:

I think that this competition has its merits. It would be a shame if there wasn't as Match Reports are an integral part of this forum. It creates competition, banter and really keeps setups active.

If this competition motivates a few forumers to become active next year then that'd be great as I love reading MR's that people have put alot of time into. Like I said, definitely worth an experiment at least before next year :)

I will get a list of around 15-20 pro match reporters here by tomorrow morning. I may miss a couple so don't start criticizing me as it will change.

Should Tom and Sheva be included :confused:

I think that this competition has its merits. It would be a shame if there wasn't as Match Reports are an integral part of this forum. It creates competition' date=' banter and really keeps setups active.

If this competition motivates a few forumers to become active next year then that'd be great as I love reading MR's that people have put alot of time into. Like I said, definitely worth an experiment at least before next year :)[/quote']

Woulden't include Tom and Sheva, it would be unfair on someone if they were to come up against one or the other, and lost, even though there not members of the forum again.