Sign in to follow this  
WRETCHRO

Stop Club Hoppers!

Re: Stop Club Hoppers!

Okay this is probably not such a great idea, but an idea nontheless.

Each month every manager has an allowance to quit, say, 3 clubs. And nothing more. So once they have eaten up this allocation there would be a message saying they cannot quit anymore clubs, they have reach their limit bla blah blah, end of.

Of course maybe managers would make new accounts and all that shizz, but they'd be wasting their time and their rep starts so bloody low anyway.

Just an idea

Very good idea Darshan. From my experiences on SM I have realised that club hopping is part of the game! It is natural for a manager to quit club to gain a better one, unless they like a challenge.

I like Darshan's idea or simply the idea of being unable to quit a club after 5 turns of acquiring it.

And maybe a manager should not be allowed to quit if he has an ongoing transfer deal as it would upset and therefore anger the manager on the end of the transfer deal.

No worries Schuldiner, sorry if I was a bit rude as well. :)

Tbh, I don't really think there is anything that can be done to stop club hoppers, without ruining the game for everyone else.

I don't club hop, but I often quit clubs, maybe because the setup is no longer full, maybe because it's too easy, maybe because a new GC is coming out.

And like my earlier example, if you club hop to get a better team, then I think that's perfectly fine.

It's when you just club hop to stop transfers going through, is when it gets annoying. My only suggstion is maybe, don't have the 48 hour rule (before being able to buy players) if a manager leaves a club before he's played a match, so you could just re-bid for the player you were trying to buy, if the manager was trying to stop the transfer.

Some manager still might deliberately break up transfers, but it should quell people doing it, as less people would be willing to wait for a turn to go past.

@Nas, the manager could just cancel the deal then quit. ;)

@ Darshan, make that 3 setups a month, and I'd like it. Setups though, not clubs, in case you leave one club for a better team in the same setup (which I think should be allowed), or leave the club then change your mind and go back.

@ Darshan' date=' make that 3 setups a month, and I'd like it. Setups though, not clubs, in case you leave one club for a better team in the same setup (which I think should be allowed), or leave the club then change your mind and go back.[/quote']

Yep could be better if it's setups, but still then people could take over a San Lorenzo and then quit them and go for Napoli etc... Anyway as I said my idea was so rough, thought of it while having dinner.

Guest joe black

or the infamous 'Hug a Hoodie' campaign.

i misread the memo,thought it was "Hang a hoodie"....theres me walking about the forest park looking for a good strong Oak tree:p

From my experiences on SM I have realised that club hopping is part of the game! It is natural for a manager to quit club to gain a better one, unless they like a challenge.

What quitting a club after after 15 minutes is natural????

Club Hopping is a breach of the SM CoC and should be punished as such,SM just dont have the nads to enforce it,a few rep reductions,loss of clubs and a notice on the Home Page that it wont be tolerated would make you all sit up and take notice:rolleyes:

im not talking about managers who want to move to a different club when the opportunity arises im talking about serial offenders who take over clubs then leave with scant reguard for anybody but themselves........self-centred tossers to put it simply;):)

Club Hopping is a breach of the SM CoC and should be punished as such' date='SM just dont have the nads to enforce it,a few rep reductions,loss of clubs and a notice on the Home Page that it wont be tolerated would make you all sit up and take notice:rolleyes:[/quote']

Actually, Club Hopping in itself is not a breach of the CoC, but rather where it is linked to manipulation of the transfer market etc. So, i don't think it is a case of SM not having the 'nads' to enforce it - they do; just what the CoC is referring to about Club Hopping is much more specific than what you refer to.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that Club Hopping within 10minutes or so is annoying, but it is rarely rule breaking in the literal sense. Based on that, it would be pretty hard to punish people at all, let alone fairly.

There is already something in place though, I think, to stop the serial offenders you refer to, as clubs are less likely to employ managers with a history of Hopping, due to changes in the criteria about Setup Entry. If the same people are doing it large numbers of the time in the same setup, I would be inclined to report this to SM, but I can't say as I witness the same people doing it - but just lots of different people.

What I do think is stupid is that it is announced on the Setup Overview/News Feed thing, as it draws everyone's attention to people changing clubs which makes it a) even more annoying B) even more likely these clubs will get star poached as SM are publishing the fact that within 48hrs or so that club is likely to become vulnerable.

Guest joe black

Actually, Club Hopping in itself is not a breach of the CoC, but rather where it is linked to manipulation of the transfer market etc

Yeah,like collapsing transfers when they take over a club and leave it after 15 minutes.......why would this not be classed as manipulation of the transfer market???.....

There is already something in place though, I think, to stop the serial offenders you refer to, as clubs are less likely to employ managers with a history of Hopping,

Only if they keep doing it in the same Setup then the Setup Entry blocking kicks in,there is nothing to stop them HOPPING from one setup to another

Don't get me wrong, I agree that Club Hopping within 10minutes or so is annoying, but it is rarely rule breaking in the literal sense. Based on that, it would be pretty hard to punish people at all, let alone fairly.

Big of ya........annoying is not the word i would use when managers transfers have been collapsed and they cant bid for another 48 hours ......why do these morons need to take over a club for 15 minutes?????,what information do they gleam from the club that they cant get without taking control?????:confused:

This is from a News feed this morning......

user_gray_old.gif feargal a hickey has parted company with Real Sociedad after the manager decided that they have done all that they can for the club.

feargal a hickey has become the new Real Sociedad manager.

He was in charge for 20 minutes,but he did all he could for the club,nearly bust a gut laughing:)

Now anybody who had made a bid for a Real Sociedad player will have to wait 48 hours to bid again,if this is not against the rules then it should be

I can argue that he did it to collapse transfers,you prefer to give him a hug and ask him not to do it again:p

The CoC is as clear as mud and is open to all sorts of interpretations...but i refer to this rule.........

If you join a setup you are currently a manager in or a friend is a manager in to prevent another manager from purchasing a player then you are breaking the rules

Or collapsing transfers as its commonly known,course thats open to interpretation as well:rolleyes:

There are loads more but dont take my word for it check it out for yourselves,before somebodys human rights get violated and we all end up in Strasbourg:p

http://www.soccermanager.com/help.php/index.php/SM_Code_of_Conduct#Club_Hopping

At the risk of repeating myself.........:rolleyes:

Club Hopping is a breach of the SM CoC and should be punished as such,SM just dont have the nads to enforce it,a few rep reductions,loss of clubs and a notice on the Home Page that it wont be tolerated would make you all sit up and take notice:rolleyes:

Amen to that;)

What I do think is stupid is that it is announced on the Setup Overview/News Feed thing, as it draws everyone's attention to people changing clubs which makes it a) even more annoying

I prefer to look at it as a blessing in disguise........now we all know whats been going on for the last 2 years and who the guilty parties are...course that not much good if nobody is prepared to try and stop it;):)

SORRY but this idea is awefull

Thanks

Carl

LOL I dont like this idea because if you couldnt join a single setup after a bit then people might just get agaitated and if u have 100 (which wouldnt be enough in my view if this idea ever came into place) and you lose 10 for quitting a team that would mean after you had quit 10 teams you would be stopped from joining any other setup.

I think that club hopping is annoying, but I dont think this is the way to deal with it. Sorry.

Argh, I had two other teams bidding for Dani Alves who was at unmanaged club yesterday.

I ended up having my £81,000,000 bid accepted but a few hours later,

The deal for Silva DANI ALVES of Shakhtar Donetsk has collapsed as one of the clubs involved in the deal has had a change in management

And guess what...

this was the cause...

Resigned Manager chigo orjih has decided to resign from Shakhtar Donetsk after 0 games in charge.

New ManagerThe Shakhtar Donetsk chairman has appointed chigo orjih as the clubs new manager.

Now, I have to wait two more days, and the other managers will not only know how much I bid last, but also get an opportunity to sign him AGAIN.

Absolutely disgraceful.

SM PLEASE BLOODY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.

Even gold championships have this problem :o

Just logged into my GC18 and 19 teams to find that my deals had collapsed and noticed this ...

untitled1-2.jpg

Anyone notice this guy? He club hops just about Everyday its becoming an absolute joke.

untitled-6.jpg

Very frustrating as this is not the first time ...

I wonder what his main GC account is.

Even gold championships have this problem :o

Just logged into my GC18 and 19 teams to find that my deals had collapsed and noticed this ...

untitled1-2.jpg

Anyone notice this guy? He club hops just about Everyday its becoming an absolute joke.

untitled-6.jpg

Very frustrating as this is not the first time ...

I wonder what his main GC account is.

i noticed that guy in GC18 Too

thats some serious club hopping sm need to be alot harsher i know people do get banned from a setup after club hopping around 6-7 times i think sm need to crack down and realise how much this does happen

Id like to point out in defence of some club hoppers for the big clubs like Milan' date='Barca and the mediums eg Zenit.Spurs[/b']

Well, your out of order in my eyes and there is no defence,you are breaking the rules,there is no justifiacation,you are ruining the gaming experience for a lot of other managers and because a lot of managers do it doesn't make it right,so collapsing transfer offers and putting back the transfers by 48 hours is defensable?????,not in my eyes and Im talking about clubs that have been unmanaged for days,check out the News Feed,not managers diving to get "Big" clubs before anyone else,teams like Getafe,Toulca,Sparta Praha and Brondby,why would a manager take control of them and then quit them within an hour???????

Only 2 explanations....They are incredibly stupid and self-centered or they are doing it to collapse transfers:eek:

So please look at reason why people are quitting these clubs rather than just how to punish them

We know the reasons why they are quitting,its too collapse transfers and/or they just dont care what repercussions there actions have on any other manager because there is no detterent :rolleyes:

So please find a way to punish these managers and dont be making excuses for them;):)

Only just seen this Lol I didnt do anything to collapse transfers and i preferably wouldnt want t be labeled as a club hopper as i moved from Marseille- A.Madrid an im now happy with my new club and im staying put there!

The point i was getting at is When a Big Club becomes free theres normally a Big Race to get it and taking seconds to look through the clubs players and Bids can be the difference between getting or missing out on a big club!

I do agree there are serious ones and there should be a certain time or limit of quit clubs as this would stop the serious ones from doing any more damage! There should be punishments/rewards (depends on situation) but there are reasons for a few cases other than to ruin your game!

I wont defend the ones who aim to cheat!!! but i will defend those who Really want a big club and Snap up a Real Madrid thinking they will get a auto-amazing squad to find the squad about as useful as a Spurs Defence! And quiting to continue there search for a new club!

I just wanted to present a different side to a story im sorry for that :o

Listening to the complaints, I think we need a new feature where a manager is not allowed to quit his club after 72 hours of acquiring it. Will deifnitely make a manager think twice before actually taking over a club.

Has happened to me before and the way this can be REDUCED is if some sort of punishment / rule is implemented. I don\'t think the club hopping will ever stop...But reduction of it is something we could do with.

Just had my deal for segio aguero collapse thanks to this d##khead. :mad:

Resigned Manager Lee Scobbie has decided to resign from Atlético Madrid after 0 games in charge.

New Manager Atlético Madrid have appointed Lee Scobbie as the clubs new manager.

I had sold 3 decent 90+ players to fund the move and now it has collapsed, now got to wait another 48hrs and enter a bidding war where other managers know how much cash I have. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I started writing out an abusive PM to the club hopping (or cheating??) idiot but deleted it before i sent it as I thought it might get me in trouble :rolleyes:

Something needs to be done about this surley?

Guest joe black

Just had my deal for segio aguero collapse thanks to this d##khead. :mad:

Resigned Manager Lee Scobbie has decided to resign from Atlético Madrid after 0 games in charge.

New Manager Atlético Madrid have appointed Lee Scobbie as the clubs new manager.

I had sold 3 decent 90+ players to fund the move and now it has collapsed' date=' now got to wait another 48hrs and enter a bidding war where other managers know how much cash I have. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I started writing out an abusive PM to the club hopping (or cheating??) idiot but deleted it before i sent it as I thought it might get me in trouble :rolleyes:

Something needs to be done about this surley?[/quote']

Probably some mug looking for a BIG club and doesn't give a toss about anybody else....you could always REWARD him if he stops ruining the game for you mate:rolleyes:........or have you considered BRIBERY to get him to stop.....cos SM aren't gonna stop it

As long as he is just looking for a big club and then decides to leave after 5 minutes it:rolleyes:

but i will defend those who Really want a big club and Snap up a Real Madrid thinking they will get a auto-amazing squad to find the squad about as useful as a Spurs Defence! And quiting to continue there search for a new club!

and make sure you dont give a thought about the other managers who's transfers you are collapsing and puts there bids back for 48 hours and if 3everybody took your attitude a transfer would never be completed.....just a case of "Im alright Jack **** everybody else".........thats so sad

you could always REWARD him if he stops ruining the game for you mate:rolleyes:

Not sure if that was at my suggestion earlier about rewarding "loyal" managers, hardly the same thing though :) get your old a.. down to specsavers mate your getting as bad as Crazy B :DB)

Wouldnt it be easier to catch cheats if SM made the deals not "auto" collapse? as in when a manager takes over they have to collapse them manually like in the olden days, this rules out all excuses people have and the only people who would do it then are the cheats and could be easily found and banned?

This is getting out of hand now tbh :o

The amount of clubs with decent players being taken over - then quit - then taken over - then quit - then taken over - then quit in just a few days is ridiculous.

Just flicking through a couple GC's now and it's easy to find loads

gc38;

Racing Santander have appointed Andrew Simpson as the clubs new manager.

Andrew Simpson has resigned as the manager of Racing Santander .

Plenty of 88+ - preventing people from buying or taking over as they then go back to being offered to someone who will probably reject for this to happen again:confused:

The D.C. United chairman has appointed eli jones as the clubs new manager.

eli jones has angered the D.C. United fans by resigning from the club.

Not the greatest of sides I know - but still, it has a few decent players and why bother taking them just to quit again :rolleyes:

In GC22, there's a side that has been taken over and quit straight away 5 times in the past week since I rejected the offer in the hope of them either staying unmanaged so I could buy a CM or even have someone take them and then try and buy - but no that's impossible because every time the 48 hours is nearly up they're taken and quit again

There is more but I just can't be bothered to paste them all, a 5 turn period in which it is impossible to quit a side should be added imo. For this to be added, the take control page needs to show what league position they're in but that is surely easy enough to do...

Just gets really annoying the amount of teams that get taken over and quit for no purpose... this will eventually ruin the game :rolleyes:

Guest TOM_HEMY

i thin this idea is good but abit harsh i mean i myself am guilty of club hoping but only if its a club i want so if i was aldershot in GC53 and fenerbache came available i wouldnt get them but if a spurs came available i would quit aldershot and get spurs beause i want a spurs in a GC.

if its going to be you get 5 chances to do a game then i think its harsh i think it shouold be loose 5 points if you dont do 1 game and loose 10 points if you dont complete a season and a member shoulod be given 200 loyalty points.

Im with Carl awful idea.

As FIFA said what if other siblings/family etc. play the game on the same computer.

They will also be ending up loosing points for you.

But im lucky cause no-one in my family plays this game besides ME!!.

But still hate the idea.I would like you to make it 1000 points though. :D