Simon Kjaer

hades17

Ok, i have to say that this player has been mentioned on the forum before, but he doesn't have his own thread although i firmly believe he deserves one. I am little bit sorry that i am making this thread so close to the italian rating changes, but that's it, i can't go back in time, plus the fact that's it's not all about ratings when we get to this young talent.

288sc9y.jpg

Simon Kjaer is born in 26 March 1989 in Forsva, Denmark. He is 1,89 m tall, his favourite position is CB and he wears number 24 shirt at U.S. Città di Palermo.

Simon made his debut in proffesional football in the 2007-2008 season for Denmark's giants FC Midtjylland, when he played 90 minutes in the 2-0 victory against AGF Arhus (30.09.2007). Kjaer appeared 3 more times in the team in 2007 but he gained a place in the starting eleven on 17.03.2008. From then, he played all 15 games for his team and they had a great season - second place at the end of the championship.

After his great games from the youth games and his debut for the senior team, Simon attracted a huge interest from Premier League teams like Boro or even Liverpool and he has been named 2007 Danish Under-19 talent of the year.

In February 2008 the young lad signed a 5-year contract with Serie A team Palermo, but the contract took effect only from July 2008, after the danish season was over. Simon Kjaer made his debut for Palermo in 26th October as a half-time substitute against Fiorentina and his performance has been praised. He started the next 2 games against Lecce and Chievo (the game is on while i write this and guess what, Kjaer scored the second goal of his team :) ) and he seems to become a permanent fixture in Palermo's starting eleven.

Internationaly, Simon played for Denmark at various levels: 1 game for the U18, 10 games for the U19 and from 2008 he is an U21 international despite being 2 years younger than his teammates.

On SM, Simon Kjaer is rated 79, but that is way too low. He should've got a nice increase when the Danish league has been reviewed, but due to his transfer in Italy, his rating change has been delayed for next week. If we consider all the games he played, i think an increase to 83-84 is justified. But don't get rid of him after the next changes, he is not just a money-spinner, he is a great talent and i think he will soon partner Agger in the center of the danish national team defence.

(this is the longest report i've ever done :P)

Enjoy

Re: Simon Kjar

Yes he has been impressive so far, and it's about time someone devoted a thread for him only.

He was already making the headlines for Danish club FC Midtjylland and his move to Palermo seemed to freeze his development.

Here you go, he's now playing and on merit of his performances:)

thanks for the replies guys, i appreciate this, usually my threads are totally ingnored :rolleyes:

and about that spelling thing of the name:

on the database you can find him as "Kjar" - that's he way i spell it in the title because most of the forumers know him like that

along the thread i spell it "Kjaer" because that is his real name. maybe SM should change it too

ok... this is probably my last report on a player, i'm sick of people ignoring my threads, although there are many many many more useless threads who gets more atention.

anyway, regarding this young lad, he was named in the "Serie A Team of the Week" by goal.com

this is the description of his game made by the them:

"Kjaer was excellent in the 3-0 win over Chievo Verona. He coped extremely well in the middle of the defence and he caused trouble on a number of occasions when going up for corners. He also won a penalty and scored the Rosanero's second with a great left-foot strike. A superb and confident showing from the youngster."

i feel that many forumers will be disappointed for not buying this lad ;)

ok... this is probably my last report on a player' date=' i'm sick of people ignoring my threads, although there are many many many more useless threads who gets more atention.[/quote']

if you are posting to get attention (and therefore get rep) and you are not getting what you want then don't post

if you are posting to get attention (and therefore get rep) and you are not getting what you want then don't post

i am not posting to get rep, but i want people to appreciate my effort somethimes. an opinion about the player from the people who read this would be great. the lack of replies is just so anoying... i feel that i wrote all of this for nothing, because nobody seems to care.

that's what i meant, and i think you should calm down a little bit ;)

i am not posting to get rep' date=' but i want people to appreciate my effort somethimes. an opinion about the player from the people who read this would be great. the lack of replies is just so anoying... i feel that i wrote all of this for nothing, because nobody seems to care.

that's what i meant, and i think you should calm down a little bit ;)[/quote']

it sounded a bit like one of those 'i'm doing this for rep' only posts

anyway, most people will read it, just because they dont post on the thread doesnt mean they do not appreciate it

well... i would like a little debate on the player' date=' because i'm sure many forumers didn't know him. what do you think about him burs?

+ the fact that he will get a +4 or +5 in the next 2 days ;)[/quote']

i think he was predicted 82 a while back, so i'm guessing that kind of ballpark. seeing as he's playing now at a decent italian team if he plays well possible 86 come end of the season

He got an 85 today:eek:

It's been exaggerated a bit' date=' at least he should have landed to the early 80's and not an 85.

Those who bought him hit the jackpot, but I didn't:([/quote']

Ahmed, i really don't think his increase is exaggerated and i'm gonna tell u why.

In Denmark, Kjaer was a regular for his team, just as Florescu and they've played kind of the same amount of time. Florescu got an increase from 77 to 83, but Kjaer switched clubs before the danish rating changes. Considering the fact that Kjaer was 79 (not 77), he probably deserved an increase to 83 and a half back then. he had 2 starts and 1 sub in italy, that gives him an 84 and a half + the MOM performance against Chievo, that brings him up to 85 :P:)

• 2 months later...

About time this tthread gets a little bump. Kjaer is doing very well for Palermo. His stats are good, but more to the point, his performences have been brilliant. On the last few days of the transfer market teams like Middlesbrough, Liverpool and most notibly to Milan, as a replacement for Nesta, were all seriously interested. In the end Kjaer spoke out saying he wishes to stay and develop at Palermo where he knows he will get pitch time.

I think it's a wise move by him commiting to Palermo for the near future at least. To be seen by Milan as a potential replacement for Nesta is something he should be very proud about. Hopefully in a few years he will make a big move.

As for his rating... I think next changes he's looking at, at least 86, with a good chance of 87, if he keeps up his great perfomences. Definetely he'll achieve a 90+ rating some time in the future though.

Re: Simon Kjaer

He really deserves that call up. Anyone who's watched him play regularly will agree I'm sure. And as he's been taken out of the U21 side which he captains for this game I can imagine he's expected to feature (and probably start)... as it'd be pointless stopping him captaining the Under 21's just to be an unused sub.

I've changed the thread name as well.

P.S. I'm surprised your Roma didn't compete for him in GC11. I managed to get him in a straight swap for some 89 rated OAP who plays for Tigre who didn't fit into my formation anyway :P