Gold Championship 43 Transfers / Match Report Thread

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 43 Transfers / Match Report Thread Villarreal Earlier Today Spanish Side Villarreal appionted English manager Nick Justice to become there new manager, he got straight

Re: Gold Championship 43 Transfers / Match Report Thread Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 2 Newcastle United Newcastle United shocked the pundits and bookmakers tonight by pulling of a unexpected victo

Re: Gold Championship 43 Transfers / Match Report Thread City Hammer United Twice! After a amazing start to the season for City,Bowen wanted to keep things under control after reports in the pape

Re: Gold Championship 43 Transfers / Match Report Thread

hajnal2.jpg

borriello-drugs-00.jpg

Tamas Hajnal (top) and Marco Borrellio (below top) sealed their moves to Goodison Park this morning, and Ross Philp has said that both of them will go straight into the starting eleven for Wednesday's match against Blackburn Rovers. Borrellio will partner Yakubu up top, and Hajnal will support the two in a potentially great front three. Philp has changed the team's formation for the next league match on Wednesday, and he will work on the new formation with his new team at training.

Atletico_Madrid_v_Almeria_Simao_celeb_771436.jpg

And after his Atletico team mate Paulo Assuncao joined Everton today, winger Sabrosa Simao will follow his countryman to Goodison Park subject to a medical tomorrow. The winger has been in good form for Atletico of late, and like Hajnal and Borrellio and also Assuncao, Simao will also play on Wednesday against Blackburn Rovers. With Mikel Arteta going home to Spain along with Dan Gosling and a fee of £5m, Simao will slot into Arteta's position in Everton midfield.

Players Avalible At City

Valeri BOJINOV 22 88

Mwaruwari BENJANI 30 88

Darius VASSELL 28 87

Alberto NERY CASTILLO 24 87

Leandro GLAUBER 25 85

Kasper SCHMEICHEL 22 84

Lookin To Get Shot Of Them All I Will Offer Any 2 Of Them Players For One Of Yours.

Pm Me

139_1195931882.gif

Atletico Transfer Update

Despite the opening day win for Atletico, they continue to be busy in the transfer market as they look to add more depth to their squad. Marko Marin will join for £4 million with Luis Garcia moving to Monchengladbach as part of the Michael Bradley deal, and it's expected Marin will be loaned back for the season.

Meanwhile, Sabrosa Simao will move to Everton in a move which will see Mikel Arteta and young midfielder Dan Gosling move to Atletico, as well as £5 million. Diego Forlan is also heading towards the exit as he looks set to make a move to Deportivo La Coruna. Andres Guardado and Angel Lafita will move to Madrid. And finally, Espanyol striker Fernandez Luis Garcia will join in a straight swap for left back Antonio Lopez.

25239_1210192239.jpg691_1215896874.jpg20999_1213714904.jpg9983_1222349653.jpg16960_1218032313.jpg2867_1221581082.jpg

(Marin, Arteta, Gosling, Guardado, Lafita and Luis Garcia all set to join Atletico)

arsenal_logo_203x152.jpg

Fabregas goes as Paul has next to no success in the transfer market.

The headline says it all folks. Yes, believe it or not, Arsenal have completed the sale of star midfielder Cesc Fabregas to Spanish giants Real Madrid. The deal cost £15 million for Madrid and also saw striker Raul and midfielder Guti vacating Fabrega's place at the Emirates. Both players were glad at the chance to show what they are made of at a new club.

raul_foto1.jpg

"The chance to play for such a good club in England was too much of a good opportunity to turn down. Of course it is a wrench to be leaving a team the calibre of Real Madrid, the team which I have called home the best part of my career in football. But, when I realised the current manager had no use for me, I met the possibility of a move with sheer delight and expectation. I look forward to meeting up with the team on Monday morning for training, and I hope to forge an unbeatable strike partnership with Emmanuel."

guti_jose_maria8.jpg

"At this stage of my career I need to be playing regular football. When I last looked we have players who are more younger, more fresher than I am, so I found myself down the pecking order back in Madrid. When the boss told me I was being used as a makeweight for Cesc Fabregas, I was a bit sad at the beginning but after meeting Paul at Arsenal, my initial feelings melted away, and could not wait for the transfer to go through. As with Raul, I can't wait to meet the squad on Monday morning and I aim to help young midfielder Abou Diaby to hone his skills and one day form a successful midfield partnership with him."

Paul had this to say about the sale:

"Obviously it is a wrench for me to be selling one of my star players but when Real Madrid came to me with this bid, it was just too good to refuse. In the deal it gave me more resources for more players, plus it gave me two of the best players in the modern game. Raul's reputation lays before him. Spain's all-time top goalscorer and Champions League all-time goalscorer, I hope he shows some of the goalscoring talents he is renowned for. Guti on the other hand is a midfield workhorse. He never backs away from the ball and can set up goals from nowhere. I heard him talking about working with young Abou and that's the kind of mentality I love to see in my more experienced players. The will to work with our younger players and teach them the tricks of the trade."

All was not good for Paul however as two previously agreed deals were cancelled. The deal for Joe Hart was cancelled at the last minute after a realisation that the two players leaving didn't want to join Manchester City. Also, the deal for Xavi got cancelled by the chairman, who didn't want to give both Robin Van Persie and Samir Nasri away in the deal.

arsenal_logo_203x152.jpg

2475_1209755861.jpg
29 Year-old Andrea Pirlo has cmpleted his move to Bayern Munchen this evening. Going to Milan was Christian Lell and Mark Van Bommel along with 15M.

-Times Union Gazette

Manager Darren Heller was reported to say "I'm very happy about his acceptance to move to Bayern. Being a veteran coming from a very good club will add some depth to our midfield. We will see how he does in his debut match against Borussia Monchengladbach.

Stoke transfer News

Aaron Dhandli the new manager here at the Britania. He hasbeen on a mission to make stokes squad a lot better. This is why he has put every player on the stoke squad on the transfer list.

I am looking for a stronger as we need to stay in the epl. When these new players come in they will be aiming to get into the SMFA shield.

Aaron Dhandli has been interested in players that will add depth. He has confirmed with us that he has put a bid in for two unkown players.

Yes it is true that i have put in a bid for two unkown players. I will be very pleased to sign them.

Aaron has signed in vetren DODO. The brazillian vetren will help add depth in the squad.

694560_206x261.jpg

174_1198865982.gif

Kakha Kaladze joins Villarreal

Earlier Today 30 years old Kakha Kaladze joined Villarreal from AC Milan he is the Second to join from AC Milan after Flamini. Kakha Kaladze will fit nicely into the Back Four for Wednesday's game against Sporting Gijon, Nick Justice had this to say " Well so far weve been very sucsesful in the Transfer Market i hope our luck continues in the league on Wednesday night. We have brought in some worl class players and Kaladze is another class player. He will play a key role at the back and he'll bring Exsperiance to our Young Defence andd we know he can become a fan faviourte very quick."

kakha_280x390_407293a.jpg

After weeks of speculation, John Carew left Villa Park yesterday, in a deal which saw Roque Santa Cruz join Villa. Santa Cruz is expected to fit into the team perfectly alongside fellow new signing Andriy Shevchenko, who was announced the new captain for the forthcoming season. Both players will be in the team for their debuts against West Ham on Wednesday night, where Villa will be looking for their first win of the season

49_1204432433.gif

Bye Bye Cheat!!!

1131_1226312807.jpg

In a mad turn of events, Manchester United have let the most prized possession in World football go in a deal that sees John Terry and Joe Cole come to Old Trafford. United manager, Dai Winston said that it was going to be too much hard work to try and get along with a player that he detests so much.

468_1209755861.jpg455_1209755861.jpg

(Cole and Terry will wear a United shirt from now on, something we never thought we would see!)

Other deals done by Winston have seen Rio Ferdinand (Or Ja Ja, as Dai liked to call him) has moved to Real Madrid in a deal that the Welshman himself branded "risky". Fabio Cannavaro and Ruben De La Red have come to Manchester in that deal.

It has come to the attention of the players that their manager has not yet settled on a formation to use and are worried that if they don't know their roles soon then they will struggle this season. Winston has re-assured everyone that everything will become clear very soon.

It is thought that Dai is waiting for an appropriate offer for Bulgarian Dimitar Berbatov before making a decision about tactics. If the right deal presents itself then Winston will have his mind made up it seems.

arsenal_logo_203x152.jpg

Pompey suffer as Arsenal play Total Football

The pre-game match program had an interview with Arsenal manager Paul Thame asking his players for their own breed of Total Football against rivals Portsmouth, and the team certainly delivered, pushing aside a sorry-looking Portsmouth 4-1.

Here is a report of the match:

emirates_stadium_hok040108_c_huftoncrow_1.jpg

"Arsenal started out as favourites way before the first whistle came from the referee's mouth, and the form continued throughout the match. Portsmouth had most of the early play though, with Sean Davis and Sotoris Ninis failing to warm the gloves of Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almunia. Arsenal struggled until the 5th minute saw Gael Clichy break on the counter only to see his cross fly across the box with no-one to meet it. Manuel Almunia had to make the first real save of the match, denying Portsmouth's strikers with a fine save after the ball strikes the crossbar. Almost instantly did Arsenal launch yet another counter, this time Theo Walcott running down the right wing and only found the wrong side of the post. A hurried shot from Samir Nasri showed early signs of Arsenal frustration on the 19th minute. Arsenal fans were slowly getting irritated as two efforts from Sean Davis and Peter Crouch had Arsenal on the ropes. But, their saviour came in the form of Spanish goal machine Raul, making his Arsenal debut, found the back of the net, thundering it past the helpless David James after 32 minutes. Arsenal were slowly shifting up the gears but were almost caught napping in the defence as Sean Davis broke through once again to test 'keeper Almunia. Efforts from Emmanuel Adebayor and a horrendous miss from Theo Walcott showed Arsenal's intent and completely against the run of play, Arsenal made it 2-0 as Samir Nasri tried an incredible lob past David James which found its way to the net. Abou Diaby almost made it three as he failed to get on the end of a perfect Arsenal attack. The half time whistle blew with the score at 2-0 to Arsenal."

Oranges.jpg

The tradition of the oranges are never forgotten at the Emirates

"Arsenal started where they left off in the second half. Emmanuel Adebayor missed a speculative effort from thirty yards on the 49th minute, the fans in full voice as their team swarmed around the Portsmouth box. Abou Diaby missed again on the 50th minute as he smashed a 25-yarder against the crossbar, beating a totally bemused David James. Two minutes later a glancing header had David James diving for the ball, catching it comfortably. Portsmouth had their first real attack of the second half on the 59th minute with both Nadir Belhadj and John Utaka testing Arsenal's resolve but coming to no end. With 61 minutes gone, right back Bacary Sagna made the break but his shot came to nothing as Portsmouth countered and finally produced the goal the travelling fans were craving for. A series of passes found their way to Jermaine Defoe, and the rest was pretty academic as he slotted the ball cooly past Manuel Almunia. Abou Diaby found himself in the referee's book after a rash challenge earnt him a yellow card. Almost instantly after the booking, Arsenal stepped the play up a notch and found the net again on the 66th minute, with striker Raul once again finding the net after cracking it in from a fair distance and made David James stand in the goalmouth in disbelief. He would find himself picking the ball out of the net just under a minute later as French left-back Gael Clichy found the net after some poor clearances from the Portsmouth defence. Peter Crouch summed up Portsmouth's evening as he grazed the crossbar with a looping header on the 71st minute. Play died down as Arsenal sat back and soaked up Portsmouth pressure and Jermaine Defoe found a way past the defence but saw his effort go wide. Emmanuel Adebayor, desperate to find his name on the scoresheet, flashed a rasping shot wide as Arsenal played like they were enjoying the atmosphere and sat back again for the last few minutes of the game. Nadir Belhadj once again missed the goal, smashing a glorious overhead kick just over the top of the Arsenal crossbar. Manuel Almunia, who had not much to do all game, was forced to make a show-offish save with two minutes to go, and had to work hard again a few mere moments before the referee called time on the game."

The stats showed it all, as Arsenal had 57% of the possesion compared to Portsmouth's 43%. Also, Arsenal had 19 shots on goal compared to Portsmouth's 20, but 15 of Arsenal's attempts found the target, with 14 of Portsmouth's 20 finding the target. Arsenal also had eight corners in the game compared to Portsmouth's seven, meaning the game was Arsenal's from start to finish.

5_1203623916.gif31_1204462475.gif

Blackburn Rovers 1-3 Everton

After losing on the opening day of the season at home to West Ham United, Ross Philp's Everton were looking to bounce back and get the first three points on the board against Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park. Sabrosa Simao didn't join the Goodison Park side in time to play, but new signings Paulo Assuncao, Tamas Hajnal and Marco Borrellio all debutised. Philp changed formation to 3-4-1-2 formation, and thought that with a front three of Hajnal, Yakubu and Borrellio, his side would win.

efc__1195918128_yak400.jpg

Scoring the third and final Everton goal in last night's match, Yakubu (above) was delighted to open his account for this season. He had nothing but prais for his manager's dealings in the transfer market and told SMFA TV "Ross has been excellent with the players here, and has brought in some amazing talent. Borrellio, Obi Mikel, Hajnal, Assuncao and now Simao - we will be world beaters". Yakubu is still set to unavailable, and is at the forefront of Philp's plans for this season.

After only three minutes, the influential player that Obi Mikel is, he sent through new signing Tamas Hajnal after only three minutes and the attacker hammered home emphatically to put his new team ahead. It was then against the run of play that Obi Mikel scored as Villanueva went close several times for the home side as did Gamst Pedersen. But Obi Mikel's poke on 35 minutes meant that the score was 2-0 at half time to the visitors Everton. After the sides came out after the break, Blackburn seized the initiative and got straight back into the match as John Carew scored on 47 minutes. But the big Norwegian's strike was not enough as Yakubu got his first Everton goal of the season on 71 minutes to seal their first win this season. Next for Everton, is Aston Villa at Goodison Park, come Saturday night.

49_1204432433.gif

More transfer activity at Old Trafford

3684_1209755861.jpg

Carlos Tevez is the latest big name to leave Man Utd. The Argentine International joins Bayern Munchen in a deal that sees Philip Lahm and Tim Borowski join the Red Devils.

4556_1213539661.jpg4769_1222267644.jpg

(Man Utd new boys, Lahm and Borowski)

Winston wants to sign a new goalkeeper now, with Van Der Sar getting very long in the tooth, Dai wants to sign a keeper with the future in mind. It is rumored that the Welshman will use Van Der Sar and Darren Fletcher or Ryan Giggs in any deal.

Bayern are rumored to be looking for a new LB and GK. Looking to leave is Daniel Van Buyten and V. Breno and Rensing Along with them, any other players are said to be able to move from manager Darren Heller.

In other news, Carlos Teves has moved to Bayern Munchen

Deco has had an accepted bid that would see Klose leaving Bayern

49_1204432433.gif

New GK on the way already

2334_1209755861.jpg

Soares Julio Cesar will be joining United in quite a risky deal that see Van Der Sar and Hargreaves move to Inter

Well.... Deal didn't go through even with it being good enough for both Chairmen...

Now the turd of a manager that is at Inter wont sell Julio Cesar!!!

The reason? Because I wont sell Rooney for Adriano and 50mil....

How ANNOYING!!!!

STRUGGLING DORTMUND REBUILD AROUND ATTACK MINDED PLAYERS

A fresh season has been filled with disappointment in Germany. After 4 games, we can find Wolfsburg in last, Dortmund 17th, Leverkusen 16th, Schalke 14th and Stuttgart 13th.

3 of those teams (Wolfsburg, Stuttgart and SOP’s Lerverkusen) have been patient, and stuck to the original plan. Munt’s Schalke made a few big name transfers, bringing in players like Zambrotta, Grygera, Sekagya, Ergic and Marchisio.

But without a doubt, the biggest facelift in the Bundesliga has been Borussia Dortmund, who have decided to load up on players. Let’s take a look at the changes.

In goal, Roman Weidenfeller was judged as useless to the squad, so he was shipped to Internacional for 11.0 mil. The current starter’s job appears to have been won by Fabian Assman (87), who has just transferred from Estudiantes for 7.6 mil. He will face competition from the aging Melo Clemer (85), who was brought in as part of the Weidenfeller deal. Working their way up the system are 21 year old Marcel Hottecke (80) and 24 year old Jon Masalin (70), who was brought in from HamKam for 10k. Old backup Marc Ziegler was sent to Kalmar FF as part of a swap.

At left back, long time club hero Leonardo Dede (89) is gone. He was transferred to Lazio for 4.0 mil. To replace him, Paul Ambrosi (87) was brought in from LDU Quito. 21 year old Marcel Schmelzer (80) is expected to provide competition while Mexican Juan Carlos de la Barrera (79), highly rated finnish international Niklas Moisander (79), 19 year old David Vrzogic (75), Dutchman Donovan Slijngard (73), Brazilian Uendel (72) and young Argentines José Schaffer (74) and Luis Ibanez (72) grow into their roles. De La Barrera was bought from Indios for 1.2 mil, the same fee was paid to AZ Alkmaar for Moisander. Zagreb only received 70k for Ibanez, Sparta Rotterdam got 100k for Slijngard and Racing got 125k for Schaffer. Uendel was signed from Fluminense for 50k.

At right back, former starter Antonio Rukavina (88) is gone. He was shipped to Boca Juniors for 3.0 mil. A more than adequate replacement has been found, though, in the form of Mexican youngster Omar Esparza (88). The Mexican international was bought from Chivas for 1.0 mil, 20 year old Sahin Nuri (87) and retiring winger Lars Ricken (82). At the moment, Esparza doesn’t face much competition, but they are growing. Petr Mach (72) is expected to improve since joining from Mlada Boleslav for 40k. Rumours are that Dortmund are searching for another young Right Back.

In the center, Borussia still havn’t been able to unload Robert Kovac (90). They have been shopping him around, but aren’t desperate to sell. He is currently starting alongside David Rozenhal (88), who was acquired as part of the Dede deal. They are not lacking options on the bench, with many great youth waiting to play a part. Argentine Gabriel Paletta (87) was acquired from Boca as part of the Rukavina deal. Neven Subotic (85) is expected to grow into a starter. Angel David Abraham (86) was bought from Basel for Felipe Santana (86) and has big expectations. 18 year old Mats Hummels (84) is waiting for his chance as well. The Dortmund academy also has its fair share of central defenders. Trevisan Felipe (71) was bought for 10k from Coritiba. Henrique Bruno Aguiar (75) and Caldini Bruno Perone (72) for 350k and 40k from Figueirense. Reis da Silva Wallace (72) from Vitoria for 60k. Frode Bjornevik (70) from HamKam for 10k. They will have all the time in the world to develop.

In the midfield, Borussia has gone from a straight 4-4-2 line to the more attacking 4-1-3-2. They plan on starting 3 attacking mids for most games.

The CM/DM postion is one that has been kept by the same man who had it before. The role is Tinga’s (89). His backup remain Sebastain Kehl (86). However, when they really want a spark, expect to see attack minded CM Viktor Elm (86), a 23 year old who was bought from Kalmar FF for 2.2 mil, with Ziegler also going to Sweden. Again, you can find great youngsters at the CM/DM position. 21 year old Luis Chico (72) joined from Atletico Paranaense for 50k, Belgian 21 year old Gertjan de Mets (72) signed from Club Brugge for 40k, 19 year old Frenchman Lucas Deaux (74) from Reims for 325k, 21 year old Montenegran Damir Kajosevic (72) from Jagiellonia for 60k, 20 year old Frenchman Marvin Martin (74) for 225k from Sochaux, 22 year old Argentinean Ariel Rojas (71) for 10k from Godoy Cruz and 24 year old Laurindo Sandro Silva (73) for 125k from Palmeiras.

Three midfielders are placed in attacking roles. There are a ton of options available.

On the left, the starter will be Mbark Boussoufa (88), bought from Anderlecht for 650k and struggling youngster Marc-Andre Kruska (87). An other option is 22 year old Swiss star Almen Abdi (86), bought from FC Zurich for 800k, Kruse (80) and Owoyomela (86). Staying on Swiss transfers, Marko Perovic (83) was brought in from FC Basel for 350k and Hunemier (81). Adding to the Kalmar FF influence, Patrik Inglesten (86) joined from the Swedish champs for 1.4 mil and Klimowicz (87). Also supporting is one of the buys of the year, Belarussian 20 year old Pavel Nekhaichik (83), who was bought for only 350k. Another good bargain probably won’t be used this season, Shannon Cole (76) is an 18 year old Aussie bought from Sydney FC for only 30k. He will be training in the youth squad with Marcos Caicedo (74), the 17 year old bought from Emelec for 350k. Adrian Gonzalez (82) will provide a spark after being brought in with 2 million and Uche (87) for Meme Zidan (89).

There are an equal number of options in the centre. Swiss international hitman Hakan Yakin (89) will start after signing from Al-Gharafa for 8 mil. Highly rated 22 year old Swedish international Ola Toivonen (85), who signed from Malmo for 2.5 mil and 80 rated fringe players Gordon and Vrancic, will be the first reliever. Other central attacking midfielders are Calvo Alberto Bueno (79), who signed from Real Madrid for Sebastian Tyrala (79), Henrique Renan Oliveira (75), the 18 year old who signed from Atletico Mineiro for 500k, Santo Alex Teixiera (77), the 18 year old who signed from Vasco da Gama for 1.1 mil and Nick Van der Velden (79), a 23 year old Dutchman from Alkmaar for 1.1 mil. Also, highly rated 20 year old Barcellos Taison (75) was included from Internacional in the deal for Weidenfeller.

Moving on to the right side. That’s where Borussia Dortmund havn’t needed to used too many transfers and are using home grown players. Former squad player Tamas Hajnal (89) was sent to Everton for Osman (89) and Baxter (75). Leon Osman has since taken over the starting role. He was backed up by Florian Kringe (89) and Kuba (87), two regular Dortmund players. Two right mids are also plying their trade in Dortmund, waiting for a call up. Venezuelan prodigy Roberto Rosales (83) signed from Gent for veteran wing back Young-Pyo Lee (87) and talented Senegalese kid Zargo Toure (75) signed from Boulogne for 550k.

Up front, the big story has been the looming transfer of Alexander Frei. You’d think he’d want to stay, having brought in good friend Hakan Yakin, but Frei wants out. He is still a starter at the moment, but every offer will be listened to. The other starter is Jose Aloisio(88), 33 year old Brazilian bought from Al-Rayyan for 2.8 mil and Njambe (77). Ikechukwu Uche (87), the 24 year old who was brought in from Getafe as part of the Zidan deal, Nelson Valdez (87) and Martin Kushev (87), the Bulgarian striker brought in from Amkar Perm for 2.1 mil, are the main relievers. Marc Janko (85), the 25 year old Australian tower, will try to overtake them for a spot on the team after signing from Red Bull Salzburg for 550k and Delron Buckley (86) and Mounir El Hamdaoui (84) will try the same after signing from AZ Alkmaar for 3.5 million. Other options include 16 year old José Baxter (75), brought in as part of the Hajnal deal, 22 year old Cameroonian international Christian Bekamenga (75) who signed from Nantes for 300k, 16 year old Czech phenom Antonin Fantis (74), who joined from Pribram for 400k, Gambian star Ousman Jallow (74) signed from Brøndby for 475k, 20 year old Jakub Kaszuba (71) from Cracovia for 10k, little 18 year old Turkish phenom Serhan Koc (75) from Eindhoven for 750k, 20 year old Polish international Robert Lewandowski (74) for 250k from Lech, 20 year old Croatian Ivan Masicek (72) from Osijek for 70k, 19 year old Czech dynamo Tomas Necid (83), signed from Slavia for aging Federico (86) and 20 year old Lucas Viatri (75) signed from Boca for 200k and Sadrijaj (74).

Will Kovac and Frei get their transfers? Will Dortmund be able to climb up out of relegation? The first test is tonight, against Energie Cottbus. Stay tuned.

STRUGGLING DORTMUND REBUILD AROUND ATTACK MINDED PLAYERS

A fresh season has been filled with disappointment in Germany. After 4 games' date=' we can find Wolfsburg in last, Dortmund 17th, Leverkusen 16th, Schalke 14th and Stuttgart 13th.

3 of those teams (Wolfsburg, Stuttgart and SOP’s Lerverkusen) have been patient, and stuck to the original plan. Munt’s Schalke made a few big name transfers, bringing in players like Zambrotta, Grygera, Sekagya, Ergic and Marchisio.

But without a doubt, the biggest facelift in the Bundesliga has been Borussia Dortmund, who have decided to load up on players. Let’s take a look at the changes.

In goal, Roman Weidenfeller was judged as useless to the squad, so he was shipped to Internacional for 11.0 mil. The current starter’s job appears to have been won by Fabian Assman (87), who has just transferred from Estudiantes for 7.6 mil. He will face competition from the aging Melo Clemer (85), who was brought in as part of the Weidenfeller deal. Working their way up the system are 21 year old Marcel Hottecke (80) and 24 year old Jon Masalin (70), who was brought in from HamKam for 10k. Old backup Marc Ziegler was sent to Kalmar FF as part of a swap.

At left back, long time club hero Leonardo Dede (89) is gone. He was transferred to Lazio for 4.0 mil. To replace him, Paul Ambrosi (87) was brought in from LDU Quito. 21 year old Marcel Schmelzer (80) is expected to provide competition while Mexican Juan Carlos de la Barrera (79), highly rated finnish international Niklas Moisander (79), 19 year old David Vrzogic (75), Dutchman Donovan Slijngard (73), Brazilian Uendel (72) and young Argentines José Schaffer (74) and Luis Ibanez (72) grow into their roles. De La Barrera was bought from Indios for 1.2 mil, the same fee was paid to AZ Alkmaar for Moisander. Zagreb only received 70k for Ibanez, Sparta Rotterdam got 100k for Slijngard and Racing got 125k for Schaffer. Uendel was signed from Fluminense for 50k.

At right back, former starter Antonio Rukavina (88) is gone. He was shipped to Boca Juniors for 3.0 mil. A more than adequate replacement has been found, though, in the form of Mexican youngster Omar Esparza (88). The Mexican international was bought from Chivas for 1.0 mil, 20 year old Sahin Nuri (87) and retiring winger Lars Ricken (82). At the moment, Esparza doesn’t face much competition, but they are growing. Petr Mach (72) is expected to improve since joining from Mlada Boleslav for 40k. Rumours are that Dortmund are searching for another young Right Back.

In the center, Borussia still havn’t been able to unload Robert Kovac (90). They have been shopping him around, but aren’t desperate to sell. He is currently starting alongside David Rozenhal (88), who was acquired as part of the Dede deal. They are not lacking options on the bench, with many great youth waiting to play a part. Argentine Gabriel Paletta (87) was acquired from Boca as part of the Rukavina deal. Neven Subotic (85) is expected to grow into a starter. Angel David Abraham (86) was bought from Basel for Felipe Santana (86) and has big expectations. 18 year old Mats Hummels (84) is waiting for his chance as well. The Dortmund academy also has its fair share of central defenders. Trevisan Felipe (71) was bought for 10k from Coritiba. Henrique Bruno Aguiar (75) and Caldini Bruno Perone (72) for 350k and 40k from Figueirense. Reis da Silva Wallace (72) from Vitoria for 60k. Frode Bjornevik (70) from HamKam for 10k. They will have all the time in the world to develop.

In the midfield, Borussia has gone from a straight 4-4-2 line to the more attacking 4-1-3-2. They plan on starting 3 attacking mids for most games.

The CM/DM postion is one that has been kept by the same man who had it before. The role is Tinga’s (89). His backup remain Sebastain Kehl (86). However, when they really want a spark, expect to see attack minded CM Viktor Elm (86), a 23 year old who was bought from Kalmar FF for 2.2 mil, with Ziegler also going to Sweden. Again, you can find great youngsters at the CM/DM position. 21 year old Luis Chico (72) joined from Atletico Paranaense for 50k, Belgian 21 year old Gertjan de Mets (72) signed from Club Brugge for 40k, 19 year old Frenchman Lucas Deaux (74) from Reims for 325k, 21 year old Montenegran Damir Kajosevic (72) from Jagiellonia for 60k, 20 year old Frenchman Marvin Martin (74) for 225k from Sochaux, 22 year old Argentinean Ariel Rojas (71) for 10k from Godoy Cruz and 24 year old Laurindo Sandro Silva (73) for 125k from Palmeiras.

Three midfielders are placed in attacking roles. There are a ton of options available.

On the left, the starter will be Mbark Boussoufa (88), bought from Anderlecht for 650k and struggling youngster Marc-Andre Kruska (87). An other option is 22 year old Swiss star Almen Abdi (86), bought from FC Zurich for 800k, Kruse (80) and Owoyomela (86). Staying on Swiss transfers, Marko Perovic (83) was brought in from FC Basel for 350k and Hunemier (81). Adding to the Kalmar FF influence, Patrik Inglesten (86) joined from the Swedish champs for 1.4 mil and Klimowicz (87). Also supporting is one of the buys of the year, Belarussian 20 year old Pavel Nekhaichik (83), who was bought for only 350k. Another good bargain probably won’t be used this season, Shannon Cole (76) is an 18 year old Aussie bought from Sydney FC for only 30k. He will be training in the youth squad with Marcos Caicedo (74), the 17 year old bought from Emelec for 350k. Adrian Gonzalez (82) will provide a spark after being brought in with 2 million and Uche (87) for Meme Zidan (89).

There are an equal number of options in the centre. Swiss international hitman Hakan Yakin (89) will start after signing from Al-Gharafa for 8 mil. Highly rated 22 year old Swedish international Ola Toivonen (85), who signed from Malmo for 2.5 mil and 80 rated fringe players Gordon and Vrancic, will be the first reliever. Other central attacking midfielders are Calvo Alberto Bueno (79), who signed from Real Madrid for Sebastian Tyrala (79), Henrique Renan Oliveira (75), the 18 year old who signed from Atletico Mineiro for 500k, Santo Alex Teixiera (77), the 18 year old who signed from Vasco da Gama for 1.1 mil and Nick Van der Velden (79), a 23 year old Dutchman from Alkmaar for 1.1 mil. Also, highly rated 20 year old Barcellos Taison (75) was included from Internacional in the deal for Weidenfeller.

Moving on to the right side. That’s where Borussia Dortmund havn’t needed to used too many transfers and are using home grown players. Former squad player Tamas Hajnal (89) was sent to Everton for Osman (89) and Baxter (75). Leon Osman has since taken over the starting role. He was backed up by Florian Kringe (89) and Kuba (87), two regular Dortmund players. Two right mids are also plying their trade in Dortmund, waiting for a call up. Venezuelan prodigy Roberto Rosales (83) signed from Gent for veteran wing back Young-Pyo Lee (87) and talented Senegalese kid Zargo Toure (75) signed from Boulogne for 550k.

Up front, the big story has been the looming transfer of Alexander Frei. You’d think he’d want to stay, having brought in good friend Hakan Yakin, but Frei wants out. He is still a starter at the moment, but every offer will be listened to. The other starter is Jose Aloisio(88), 33 year old Brazilian bought from Al-Rayyan for 2.8 mil and Njambe (77). Ikechukwu Uche (87), the 24 year old who was brought in from Getafe as part of the Zidan deal, Nelson Valdez (87) and Martin Kushev (87), the Bulgarian striker brought in from Amkar Perm for 2.1 mil, are the main relievers. Marc Janko (85), the 25 year old Australian tower, will try to overtake them for a spot on the team after signing from Red Bull Salzburg for 550k and Delron Buckley (86) and Mounir El Hamdaoui (84) will try the same after signing from AZ Alkmaar for 3.5 million. Other options include 16 year old José Baxter (75), brought in as part of the Hajnal deal, 22 year old Cameroonian international Christian Bekamenga (75) who signed from Nantes for 300k, 16 year old Czech phenom Antonin Fantis (74), who joined from Pribram for 400k, Gambian star Ousman Jallow (74) signed from Brøndby for 475k, 20 year old Jakub Kaszuba (71) from Cracovia for 10k, little 18 year old Turkish phenom Serhan Koc (75) from Eindhoven for 750k, 20 year old Polish international Robert Lewandowski (74) for 250k from Lech, 20 year old Croatian Ivan Masicek (72) from Osijek for 70k, 19 year old Czech dynamo Tomas Necid (83), signed from Slavia for aging Federico (86) and 20 year old Lucas Viatri (75) signed from Boca for 200k and Sadrijaj (74).

Will Kovac and Frei get their transfers? Will Dortmund be able to climb up out of relegation? The first test is tonight, against Energie Cottbus. Stay tuned.[/quote']

SoP would like to point out he only became manager of Leverkosen 16 hours ago, so hasn't started to reshape the squad yet and was surprised to see that they had there orginal squad with no players in or out by previous managers.

SoP would like to point out he only became manager of Leverkosen 16 hours ago' date=' so hasn't started to reshape the squad yet and was surprised to see that they had there orginal squad with no players in or out by previous managers.[/quote']

I noticed, don't worry ;)

Omitted on purpose :D