Sign in to follow this  
juvefan10

Alex Del Piero, Unfair Rating!!!

Re: Alex Del Piero, Unfair Rating!!!

Del Piero deserves 94 or 95.. He has been the top goalscorer in the last two years..And Yes you can't compare him with Robben' date=' Van Persie and Schweinsteiger..This 3 players have done less than half of what Del Piero have done for Juventus in the last 15 years. Before speak about Del Piero go to see all his 249 goals..[/quote']

LOL - Last 15 years, ratings are not done on past achievements, if that was the case then Shevchenko will be 99 & fat Ronaldo will be 99!!! The players mentioned in previous message are on top of their games and they are all much more desirable to have. Take Italy vs Holland (Euro 2008) for example, you tell me who was better, Van Persie, Robben or Del Piero.

Del Piero might notch in a few past the likes of Lecce / Ascoli or teams of similar quality, but his national team - Italy were taken apart by the above players . .

If you really want to play a game where Del Piero is highly rated, try Championship Manager 2, Sensible World Of Soccer 96/97 - Or FIFA 98, or else I suggest you move with the times . .

LOL - Last 15 years' date=' ratings are not done on past achievements, if that was the case then Shevchenko will be 99 & fat Ronaldo will be 99!!! The players mentioned in previous message are on top of their games and they are all much more desirable to have. Take Italy vs Holland (Euro 2008) for example, you tell me who was better, Van Persie, Robben or Del Piero.

Del Piero might notch in a few past the likes of Lecce / Ascoli or teams of similar quality, but his national team - Italy were taken apart by the above players . .

If you really want to play a game where Del Piero is highly rated, try Championship Manager 2, Sensible World Of Soccer 96/97 - Or FIFA 98, or else I suggest you move with the times . .[/quote']

Last week did you see the match Real Madrid - Juventus? Who has scored twice?

And once again another decent thread is turned into turmoil...

I think that was a good debate between Teb and Juvefan, the Del Piero issue is one that is very interesting to look at.

I'd agree with both that SM shot themselves in the foot by not having him at 93 earlier.

Singh, no disrespect buy the ratings for Andrade is extremely generous. He's been out for so long, and it was only last week that SM finally brought him down to 90. Compare that to Marek Hamsik or Gonzalo Higuain, who have both just been awarded 90's after playing regurarly for their team and being very good, especially Hamsik, and you can see why people will cut you down for saying that he shouldn't be dropped.

Either way this thread is dead now because it's got petty.

Very sad =[.

And once again another decent thread is turned into turmoil...

I think that was a good debate between Teb and Juvefan' date=' the Del Piero issue is one that is very interesting to look at.

I'd agree with both that SM shot themselves in the foot by not having him at 93 earlier.

Singh, no disrespect buy the ratings for Andrade is extremely generous. He's been out for so long, and it was only last week that SM finally brought him down to 90. Compare that to Marek Hamsik or Gonzalo Higuain, who have both just been awarded 90's after playing regurarly for their team and being very good, especially Hamsik, and you can see why people will cut you down for saying that he shouldn't be dropped.

Either way this thread is dead now because it's got petty.

Very sad =[.[/quote']

Dude, if you read the original thread - Andrade issue is not that important, and if you read later posts, the matter is already dead, and the thread has returned to the Del Piero issue . .

So no need to contradict yourself saying that the Andrade issue has ruined the thread and then bring it back up.

I do however like the fact that you've brought other comparisions in, such as Higuain (who is on super form - 4 goals on saturday). So sticking with comparisions, you believe Del Piero should be 95, higher than Luca Toni (who scored more goals for club and country last season, in less games)? . .

The Andrade debate is over, if you read the last post you'd know. As for 'LOGIC' - reading previous posts is 'LOGIC'.

:D how smart you are, nice piece of witty answers, how do you manage to make sucha tangled statements?! ;)

as for calling me crazy, say a prayer today before going to bed, as there's miles of distance between us.. "LOL"y guy...

Originally I thought he was under-rated, but after comparing him to other strikers, I believe SM have got it spot on. When you consider other players such as Arjen Robben, Robin Van Persie, Bastian Schweinsteiger are all rated 92, Lucas Podolski 91, you'll think that Del Piero has been treated to a high rating.

Del Piero may have won the golden boot in Italy, but the above mentioned names can tear apart teams at international level. Del Piero's rubbish for his country

thank's god not everyone in footballing world have same way of thinking..

if you do think that those player's should be rated higher b'cos they tear everything up on international level you are being wrong my poor friend and let me know what do ya call tearing apart? getting through the group stage and losing to Russia? yeah great piece of showing how to tear apart... (Arjen Robben, Robin Van Persie)

as for Lucas Podolski.. a guy who isn't even a starter in club higher than del piero?

and Bastian Schweinsteiger just being not as classy as DP!

Del Piero has everything in football, while those players - nothing!

Del Piero may have won the golden boot in Italy, but the above mentioned names can tear apart teams at international level. Del Piero's rubbish for his country

and again replying to this.. del piero hasn't only won a "golden boot" (i think so you call being top scorer in a domestic championship) but some other things that is dream for players you mentioned above..

and del piero isn't rubbish for his country, do you think that italian NT's 5th best goal scorer ever, can be rubbish?! not saying anything about being a world cup holder and euro 2000 runner up and who you think "tears up" more, podolski? robben?

for what DP has always been under critics was b'cos he always underperformed in NT, and was always worse than he can be, and Dp underperforming always equals to players you mentioned..

And you compare Del Piero to Baggio & Zidane, LOL, LOL & LOL again . .

time will show you..

LOL - Last 15 years, ratings are not done on past achievements, if that was the case then Shevchenko will be 99 & fat Ronaldo will be 99!!! The players mentioned in previous message are on top of their games and they are all much more desirable to have. Take Italy vs Holland (Euro 2008) for example, you tell me who was better, Van Persie, Robben or Del Piero.

hey, can you send me jokes like that on my mail? juvefan10@hotmail.com pls.. :D

"one imbecile can always ask sucha stupid thing that 20 genious won't answer" case of you..

but still answering..

DP has scored 5 goals to real madrid, meeting once in a three years on average... three times more against inter, roma, milan and teams like that..

I do however like the fact that you've brought other comparisions in, such as Higuain (who is on super form - 4 goals on saturday). So sticking with comparisions, you believe Del Piero should be 95, higher than Luca Toni (who scored more goals for club and country last season, in less games)

higuain? :D :D :D tears everything up in NT and scores those 4 goals against teams like juve yeah?! score 4 goals in a match and be a star, nice...

higher than Luca Toni (who scored more goals for club and country last season, in less games)?

DUDE, Toni is CF, a player who is a burn to be inside the box everytime, only thing he can do is score a goal... while DP runs everywhere dribbles, creates, passes, defends.. and that is normal if he scored less than toni, you would better wonder how a player like Dp being more like a attacking midfielder scores that much.. and we talked about tha, if you look at posts in previous pages you'll see, and will make you some LOGIC.

LOL - Last 15 years, ratings are not done on past achievements, if that was the case then Shevchenko will be 99 & fat Ronaldo will be 99

and you don't see a difference?

Dp is performing even better than he ever did, while those players are like retired..

oh and let me quote your posts once again so that a normal user wouldn't disturb looking for them all over the topic to spent some nice time..

If you really want to play a game where Del Piero is highly rated, try Championship Manager 2, Sensible World Of Soccer 96/97 - Or FIFA 98, or else I suggest you move with the times . .

Dude, if you read the original thread - Andrade issue is not that important, and if you read later posts, the matter is already dead, and the thread has returned to the Del Piero issue . .

So no need to contradict yourself saying that the Andrade issue has ruined the thread and then bring it back up.

I do however like the fact that you've brought other comparisions in, such as Higuain (who is on super form - 4 goals on saturday). So sticking with comparisions, you believe Del Piero should be 95, higher than Luca Toni (who scored more goals for club and country last season, in less games)? . .

LOL - Last 15 years' date=' ratings are not done on past achievements, if that was the case then Shevchenko will be 99 & fat Ronaldo will be 99!!! The players mentioned in previous message are on top of their games and they are all much more desirable to have. Take Italy vs Holland (Euro 2008) for example, you tell me who was better, Van Persie, Robben or Del Piero.

If you really want to play a game where Del Piero is highly rated, try Championship Manager 2, Sensible World Of Soccer 96/97 - Or FIFA 98, or else I suggest you move with the times . .[/quote']

You my friend have no clue what you are talking about. As much as it pains me Robben is the most useless bag of (insert vulgarity) on Holland. Del Pierro clearly deserves a 94 atleast, and should be on par with raul, putting him at a 95

Although responding to Juve Fan, Zidane and DP shouldn't be named in the same sentence. Zidane is among the top 5 players of all time, while DP obviously is not. But I do agree he should be higher, but Zidane, don go there.

Juvefan -

I definetly don't have the time for that you do to reply to each individual quote. Most of your information once again relates to what Del Piero has done in the past.

Del Piero was great once upon a time - like I said buy FIFA 98 to relive those moments. So what if he scored 23 goals in a season, Andy Johnson & Kevin Philips done that in a far better league - Premiership!!!! Now to that you're pathetic comeback will be, yeah but have they achieved what Del Piero has in his life??? My comeback will be SM ratings are not done on past performances, or Shevcenko & Ronaldo would be the best. Just going round in circles.

Truth of the matter is you're disillusioned in thinking Del Piero is still the best, you obviously living in the past, just go and hang around with your grandads for a bit.

& mate if you like Del Piero that much - get a room . .

Oh yeah Juvefan,

About you're response to Del Piero being the same as Zidane . .

you said only time will tell . . .

I can't help but laugh, so even though Del Piero's 34, he still has time to win world player of the year 3 times . .

You need to send those sort of posts to joke forums . .

Sorry one final point juvefan

You mentioned that all 'Luca Toni' does is score goals. Erm well yeah, he's a striker - thats what he's meant to do . .

you may be a little confused at this stage about the rules and aims of football, so I've enclosed this link to help you out . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soccer

One final point Juvefan

You mentioned earlier that all Luca Toni does is score goals. Well he is a striker that's what he is meant to do, duh . .

You seem to be a little confused with the rules and aims of Football, so I've kindly added this link to clear things up for you a bit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soccer

hope that helps . .

Del Piero was great once upon a time - like I said buy FIFA 98 to relive those moments. So what if he scored 23 goals in a season, Andy Johnson & Kevin Philips done that in a far better league - Premiership!!!! Now to that you're pathetic comeback will be, yeah but have they achieved what Del Piero has in his life??? My comeback will be SM ratings are not done on past performances, or Shevcenko & Ronaldo would be the best

go check your IQ man.. if ya don't have something to say just shut the **** up!

i'm not saying directly that players ratings should be based upon what they have won.. but it should definetly have some effect on ratings, as having a lot of awards is a prove that a certain player has been "classy" for a long time and was proving it everytime since his appearence in football.. and not for just one or two seasons.. and then fade away..

Dp has been doing it since age 19, and still continues to.. his archievements as well as his recent form has been fantastic, while shevchenko & ronaldo are past players, who's form have been poorly low for last 2-3 years..

You mentioned earlier that all Luca Toni does is score goals. Well he is a striker that's what he is meant to do

such a primitive run away from a question..

well, you're absolutely clueless in football.. how old are you son? 13-14?

p.s. and about DP and zidane..

i'm not comparing them as footballers, i said DP is a champion Like zidane, baggio.. (and list on..) it was all about mentality of being a great player.. and yes zidane is bigger than DP but that's not the case..

i won't replay any of your posts anymore, untill you learn how to act generally and if you wanna say something you have to do it in normal and inteligent way, (look at tebthereb..) not like calling someone crazy or DUDE, you're not my best friend, you don't know who i am, how dare you coming up with addressing like that?! bas&&^rd!!!

and shame on me for answering you in your style.. (edited language)

You should calm down a little juvefan...

I understand you rate Del Piero high because you are supporting Juventus, and because you personally like him. I think 93 is a fair rating for him now as he hasn't done enough for 94. I agree he has played well lately and if Juve and he continue playing well, he has chance to rise 94 when Italy is next time checked. Let's see...;)

Juvefan,

What happened???

All that swearing, and you call me immature - yet when you don't get what you want, you throw the toys out of the pram.

I suggest you scroll up and read your earlier post about Del Piero being the same as Zidane, as you obviously have a short memory.

Del Piero was a good player probably warranted a 95-96 earlier in his career, being 93 now is about right. You need to wake up and smell the coffee, don't drink too much of it, or you'll probabbly get disillusioned again - next you'll be claiming Nedved should be 95!!!

It would be good if you don't reply to my post like you've said, because quite frankly all that swearing sort of shows you're incapable of making a constuctive debate.

With Christmas coming up, maybe all the lads on this thread can chip in and buy you a Sega Megadrive with a copy of FIFA 97 - where Del Piero was the best player.

On a happier note, thank you MAKE 11, for a sensible reply, I was about to abandon this thread myself with the sort of immature and aggressive replies we've been getting . .

Juvefan, I've coloured my text red, so when you 'forget' something later, I'll say refer to the red message, or the green message. See how nice I am, you swear at me, and I still help you out!!

Juvefan,

What happened???

All that swearing, and you call me immature - yet when you don't get what you want, you throw the toys out of the pram.

i told you what happened and i'm ok with what you think, there were guys saying Dp shouldn't rise as well as those who said that he should, and i was ok with it, until you turned up with inappropriate addressing of a general brat language..

and pls stop playing Saint..

I suggest you scroll up and read your earlier post about Del Piero being the same as Zidane

i never said that Dp is same as Zidane :eek: quote me, where?!

p.s. and about DP and zidane..

i'm not comparing them as footballers, i said DP is a champion Like zidane, baggio.. (and list on..) it was all about mentality of being a great player.. and yes zidane is bigger than DP but that's not the case..

Del Piero was a good player probably warranted a 95-96 earlier in his career, being 93 now is about right

you are repeating everything..

can you anwser me for what i asked in the begining of the thread? probably not, cos you only write one sentence and repeat it 3-4 times and you think that is debate..

Juvefan, I've coloured my text red, so when you 'forget' something later, I'll say refer to the red message, or the green message. See how nice I am, you swear at me, and I still help you out!!

trying to be sarcastic..

Juvefan' date='

What happened???

I suggest you scroll up and read your earlier post about Del Piero being the same as Zidane, as you obviously have a short memory.

Del Piero was a good player probably warranted a 95-96 earlier in his career, being 93 now is about right. You need to wake up and smell the coffee, don't drink too much of it, or you'll probabbly get disillusioned again - next you'll be claiming Nedved should be 95!!!

It would be good if you don't reply to my post like you've said, because quite frankly all that swearing sort of shows you're incapable of making a constuctive debate.

With Christmas coming up, maybe all the lads on this thread can chip in and buy you a Sega Megadrive with a copy of FIFA 97 - where Del Piero was the best player.

On a happier note, thank you MAKE 11, for a sensible reply, I was about to abandon this thread myself with the sort of immature and aggressive replies we've been getting . .

Juvefan, I've coloured my text red, so when you 'forget' something later, I'll say refer to the red message, or the green message. See how nice I am, you swear at me, and I still help you out!![/color']

you have no idea do you?

anyone who knows anything at all knows that Del Piero is going through what is quite possibly the best form of his entire career, so if your saying he deserved a 95/96 eariler on in his career but now a 93 then you just have no idea. at all and are just causing trouble because you can hide behind your keyboard.

Del Piero has LED a HUGE club through it's toughest time ever and should be rewared for that by SM if you do not understand that then you have no idea. If any other player has done what Del Piero has done in the last couple of years with such a HUGE club then SM would not be rating that person a 93.

And for the people that cant read Juvefans main point is how could Del Piero ever be a 92, and even if he ever was a 92 then why didnt he jump immediately when his form was proven to be of a world class quality as its not as if no-one knows who Del Piero is or his quality? We are talking about a player who has a WC, a CL, 7 league titles etc etc is 4th all time leading scorer for country, all time goal scoring leader for one of the biggest clubs in the world and 6th all time CL scorer.

as for his international career people who follow football and know what has happened to Del Piero on the international stage and why, if you don't know then you shouldn't be replying to this thread.. simple.

Juvefan, I too was gobsmacked when I saw his rating and was even more gobsmacked that he didnt rise 2 weeks ago. His rating makes me question the rating system used here.

Juvefan,

Scroll up & you'll see when you likened Zidane to Del Piero, stop asking ridiculous questions and goin' round in circles.

You accuse me of doing 'brat' talk yet you use f . . k and b . stard in your previous post.

Let's face it you're a wally!!!

Now face the facts that Del Piero is fine at 93 and stop getting so worked up you clown!

The fact of the matter is Zidane has done it all & won World Player of the Year 3 times, Del Piero was a great player 10 years ago, now he's a good player who's recently hit form - 93 is as fair as you get.

Juventus are not going to win anything in the near future, so therefore Del Piero's just going to be a top goal scorer for a team thats not winning anything. In fact he is one of the highest rated strikers playing for a team that's winning nothing - take that as a compliment.

Lay off the personal attacks - and let your extremely limited football knowledge do the talking . .

I Agree with singh although i rate del piero very highly even at the euro's whenever he played he seemed to give italy something that wasnt therebut i dont think he warrants a higher rating, He has had 9 league appearances scoring 3 as far as i know which isnt a great return even thou i know he does alot more for the team all round .

Juvefan to be fair you make a thread about him you should expect people to post thier opinions and even if you dont like them you should accept it because at the end of the day people have different opinions about things i find some of the thing you have said quite comical really but i dont want to get into an arguement with you so i will keep quiet

:eek: Del Piero is just at right rating IMO!! You can't say he deserves to go up at his age when theres the likes of Aguero and Torres who are about 6 country miles ahead of him! No 93 is perfect..

i didnt know age mattered, if it does then i guess his rating is about right then. i dont agree about the 6 country mile thing you should watch him play. and SINGH, you are a outight idiot and seriously need to find better things to do as football really aint your thing. stop harping on and on and on and on about the del piero zidane thing, I know what juvefan meant and if you stopped being an idiot for a second you would too.

i didnt know age mattered' date=' if it does then i guess his rating is about right then. i dont agree about the 6 country mile thing you should watch him play. and SINGH, you are a outight idiot and seriously need to find better things to do as football really aint your thing. stop harping on and on and on and on about the del piero zidane thing, I know what juvefan meant and if you stopped being an idiot for a second you would too.[/quote']

Listen mate i dont mean to be funny right but what has liking football got to do with his opinion he stated his opinion and was imediately questioned about it.

Both you and juvefan have your own opinion he has his whats the problem?

no need for the personal comments either

Listen mate i dont mean to be funny right but what has liking football got to do with his opinion he stated his opinion and was imediately questioned about it.

Both you and juvefan have your own opinion he has his whats the problem?

no need for the personal comments either

have you read his 'opinions'?

you, Jon teb have given opinion, he is just being an idiot. telling me to get a room with juvefan? along with all the other comments

I am afraid to say that this thread has lost the plot, its completely and utterly turned into an arguement instead of a debate-hence the reputation points of those posting on it :rolleyes:

(and yes, i have only One point, but i'm working on it)