Wellington Alves Da Silva

jb8521

Da Silva is a 15 year old brazilian striker who currently plays for Fluminense. He came to attention when playing in the Nike premier cup in manchester in August 2008 where he won the tournament aswell as winning the player of the tournament and scoring the first goal in the final. Blessed with a fantastic turn of pace he is also a fantastic dribbler and very composed finisher. Here is a video from his goal from the final

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Re: Wellington Alves Da Silva

Sorry jb. But to be fair' date=' Wellington, Alves, da Silva are all names that you will find hundreds of time in Brazil :D

I'll post my report here then?[/quote']

Yeah go ahead insider I'd like to know a bit more about him myself so feel free to post here

Arsenal will push through a deal to sign Fluminense striker Wellington in the New Year, Young Guns understands.

The 15-year-old starlet recently completed a 7 day trial with the Gunners, and after playing 45 minutes against Norwich Under 16’s last week, he left a massive impression on the coaching staff.

Steve Gatting’s boys ran out 8-4 winners over their City counterparts, with the on trial Brazilian netting four. Fellow countryman Luis Gustavo Conte was also being assessed, he played the first half at centre back.

Wellington’s finishing prowess was highlighted yesterday on Young Guns with this video, and it seems he continued that form during his stay in England. It will now be up to Steve Rowley and South American scout Sandro Orlandelli to broker the deal for the prospect.

Fluminense’s chairman has already spoken of his desire to keep the Brazil Under 16 international, yet the players parents are keen to secure a contract with the Gunners.

The deal is expected to go through towards the end of next month. It would prove to be a significant coup for Arsenal, who already boast South American youngsters in the form of Denílson and Pedro Botelho.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wellington Alves Da Silva (1993) scored 40 goals in 28 games in the youth state championship which Fluminense won and was the top scorer with 9 goals for the Brazilian under 17s in a recent tournament. Wellington Silva Sanches Aguiar (1992) was the second top scorer with 6 goals

• 3 months later...