Division 4 madness!?!

I was wandering if any of you guys had taken up the challenge of taking over an english 4th division team and seeing how far you can take them?

I took over Huddersfield and I'm 23 games into the first season, sitting 2nd in the table 5 points adrift of Darlington. I don't think any of the other teams are managed by humans so I'm up against 4-4-2 each week so obviously adopt the suggested 3-5-2 approach. It usually works wonders but I'm findin the results strange.

One week I tank someone 12-0 with 80 shots at goal. Then next week I lose 1-0 to team of the same quality. Yet this average Darlington team, average rating 74 lol keep winning every week. My team's average rating is 85 by the way. Should I not just be walking away with this league? I find it a bit silly TBH.

I took Man United to penalties in the QF of the cup for goodness sake. Head is melted! Don't know what more I can do.

Re: Division 4 madness!?!

No I'm enjoying this one despite this annoying factor. I've spent lots of time and money assembling an excellent squad full of potential stars of the future so I'm happy where I am.

It should be dead easy for you to join one yourself though.

I recommend being Huddersfield. Good team with a 25,000 stadium.

I took over Oxford in English Championship 10 about less than 4 months ago. It was a mid-table team in division 4 with lots of horrible players.

I sold off the entire team, bought rising players and sold most of those too, and bought many new risers. I now have the best squad in divison 4 and should be promoted to 3 next season and then hopefully to divison 2 one season later.

My team value went from 30 mil to 110 million already. After the south american ratings i should safely be over 200 million team value.

Getting quality players was no problem. But money is a problem because i have only 12.000 seats and have to sell players to pay for wages. It will get much wose in the coming seasons when my wage bill increases.

I hope to lead Oxford to the top eventually, but it will take time to find upcoming world class players and wait for them to reach their potential.

I'm managing Cheltenham in a Standard English Championship. Sold the squad and brought in 85 youngsters. I had a terrible start in the league and needless to say I'm losing a ton of money every week.

But at least now, since the Spanish, Portugal and Italy rating changes my team has gone on a decent run and are currently in the play off places. I'm going to have to think about selling after the TB's are lifted or I'll be several million in the red by the end of the season.

I don't want to sell any of them though so I might just hang on until the end of the season in the hope of hitting a few more big rises before then.

I'm also managing a Division 4 Cheltenham Town and a Division 5 Hereford United in Gold Championships. I'm keeping an eye on my wage budget with them though :o