Yassine El Ghanassy

Guest Abdel Zizi

Guest Abdel Zizi

Yassine El Ghanassy

10ztmdc.jpg

This 18 year old Marokkan - Belgian player managed to make his debut this weekend with Belgian side K.A.A. Gent.

Bryan Ruiz , Gent's top performer and one of the best players in the Jupiler Pro League (Belgian Premiership) was injured and Michel Preud'homme , the legendary keeper who now is manager of Gent decided to give Ghanassy not only his first minutes , but a starting spot straight away , playing the full 90 minutes.

He was for many spectators and journalists a tremendous asset with his quickness and great dribble abilities , enjoying himself with some new , unseen action.

He signed a new deal last week till 2012 and comparisons with former Gent star Mbark Boussoufa are drawn.

Yassine is also a member of Marokkans U-19 squad.

The interesting part is that he already played 6 games with 3th Division side La Louviere last season , the club where he played his entire youth.

Further to be known is that Birmingham City was one of many clubs who tried to persuade him in a move to England last year , but El Ghanassy stated that working with a manager like Preud'homme was a once in a lifetime chance.

EDIT: Added to the DB now!

Real Club: KAA Gent

Born: 12 July 1990

Nationality: Moroccan

Position: Winger/Attacking Midfield (Wing/AM)

Foot: Right

Rating: 74

Real life :

La Louvière

6 games

K.A.A. Gent

(Sat 8 Nov 08) KAA Gent - Dender : 1 - 1 (played 90 minutes)

(Tue 11 Nov 08) KAA Gent - OH Leuven (cup) : 3 - 0 (played 31 minutes)

(Sat 29 Nov 08) KAA Gent - Roeselare : 4 - 0 (played 18 minutes)

(Sat 5 Dec 08) Cercle Brugge - KAA Gent : 3 - 1 (played 19 minutes)

(Sat 12 Dec 08) KAA Gent - KV Kortrijk : 1 - 1 (played 65 minutes)

(Woe 14 Jan 09) KAA Gent - Moeskroen (cup) : 2 - 1 (played 4 minutes)

(Sat 17 Jan 09) Bergen - KAA Gent : 1 - 2 (played 10 minutes)

Updates follow!

Guest Abdel Zizi

Re: Yassine El Ghanassy

He's been added to the DB!

Real Club: KAA Gent

Born: 12 July 1990

Nationality: Moroccan

Position: Winger/Attacking Midfield (Wing/AM)

Foot: Right

Rating: 74

I snapped him up first for my own , added since yesterday.

Looks like he's been given game time and faith by Gent , played again 3 days after his debut.

Guest deadmau5

Good shout mate.

Hope that he will continue to play more games :)

Off-Topic: I cannot understand how he's with KAA Gent and not a free-agent in my setup if he was added yesterday :confused:

Are they being added to their real-life clubs?

Guest Abdel Zizi

Good shout mate.

Hope that he will continue to play more games :)

Off-Topic: I cannot understand how he's with KAA Gent and not a free-agent in my setup if he was added yesterday :confused:

Are they being added to their real-life clubs?

As Shelbourne said : yes they are added to their real life clubs if those are unavailable to manage in your setup.

I can not express how good I think this player will be.

He is becoming a real hype in Belgium ' date=' after only 2 appearences.

Newspapers are going wild.[/font']

• 1 month later...
Guest Abdel Zizi

El Ghanassy got 2 subs and 1 start added to his total.

A +2,+3 rise is possible if he keeps getting enough minutes.

Bare in mind, most of the minutes he does play he plays good, this kid got real potential.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Abdel Zizi

Gent played a friendly today and guess what: El Ghanassy scored the equaliser and was by far the best player on the pitch.

He's breaking through and with Gent's star Ruiz in a bad form and possibly leaving to Napoli, EL Ghanassy seems his successor as public favorite.

di 06/01/09 - AA Gent heeft in zijn eerste duel van 2009 gelijkgespeeld. Tegen Alicante, dat op één na laatste staat in de Spaanse tweede klasse, werd het 1-1. De jonge El Ghanassy scoorde. De ploeg van Michel Preud'homme is op stage in Oliva, in Spanje.

El Ghanassy scoorde simply means El Ghanassy scored. (Dutch can be that easy:) )

I must urge everybody to buy this lad as he will be one of Belgium's finest within a year or two.

I predict a rise from 18 74 --> 18 77.

• 3 months later...
Guest Abdel Zizi

I was gutted he didn't get a rise to 76/77 atleast last time Belgium was reviewed.

I guess SM just forgot about him because players with less minutes got a rise.

Although he has it hard to break into the Gent first team ATM (Gent brought in 3 players end of January, all around his place), he's still a big talent.

He proves that time to time with the Belgian U19's.

Last game, he scored 2 for the U19's, a perfect free kick and a solo run.

• 5 months later...

I was gutted he didn't get a rise to 76/77 atleast last time Belgium was reviewed.

I guess SM just forgot about him because players with less minutes got a rise.

Although he has it hard to break into the Gent first team ATM (Gent brought in 3 players end of January' date=' all around his place), he's still a big talent.

He proves that time to time with the Belgian U19's.

Last game, he scored 2 for the U19's, a perfect free kick and a solo run.[/font']

Great find btw.

Do you think he'll get a rise this time around?

Guest Abdel Zizi

Great find btw.

Do you think he'll get a rise this time around?

I have him for 79/80 and if SM refuse to give it to him, I will send a ticket every day till they decide they are tired of me and ban me without any valid reason.

Guest Abdel Zizi

Seriously, 1,200 views and only 3 replies on the player, that's plain ridiculous.

I don't know why I put my scouts on here anymore tbh.

Every GC I get in, all my scouts are bought and 10 teams are interested, but when it comes to saying thanks for it or just leaving a reply those managers are nowhere to be found.

To many leechers living of a group that's too small.

The system will fall eventually.

Seriously' date=' 1,200 views and only 3 replies on the player, that's plain ridiculous.

I don't know why I put my scouts on here anymore tbh.

Every GC I get in, all my scouts are bought and 10 teams are interested, but when it comes to saying thanks for it or just leaving a reply those managers are nowhere to be found.

To many leechers living of a group that's too small.

The system will fall eventually.[/quote']

I will say, great find.

Bought him long ago, was surprised he did not rise. Now that you say that a 80 is on the cards, guess I will buy him back. (Was just wondering yesterday whether I should buy him back or not:))

EDIT: need to spread:p

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Abdel Zizi

About time I made a new update on Yassine.

Very good news to the ones who listened to me a year ago and not sold him after he didn't get his rise.

Update 1:

He's playing, a lot.. 8 starts, 4 subs, good for 749 minutes in 13 games.

Update 2:

He's in the same boat as fellow mate Mehdi Carcela-Gonzalez.

Playing for the U-19 & U-21 Belgian NT, but Morocco trying to get both of them into their main NT.

With the Belgian FA slacking, he could well be playing for Morocco in no time.

Predicted rise to 79/80 atleast.

Plays for a very good team, didn't get a deserved +2/+3 last time and is pushing NT call-ups.

Guest Abdel Zizi

Normally they would have been done 2 months ago, so nobody can really say when the changes will be made.

SM is known for the slow speed of it's employees.

Give or take 2/3 weeks, which is scandolously long.

I already lost it' date=' bigtime.[/quote']

To be fair they are improving the game considerably. Sadly ratings changes are taking a good bit longer than they used to but we can't have everything.

Btw I like this guy and will be gutted if he only gets 79/80. Sorry for people not repping you but I personally do my own scouting and only visit forum to see what your predictions for changes are. As he established himself as a more or less first team regular and a rating change was missed I was looking for 81 or maybe 82 if SM are generous (rare). Oh yeah, and 2-3 weeks for Belgium is optimistic. I doubt if they'll finish Germany before next Saturday.

I accept with information: He's breaking through and with Gent's star Ruiz in a bad form and possibly leaving to Napoli' date=' EL Ghanassy seems his successor as public favorite.[/quote']

Ruiz left Gent already. He is playing for FC Twente now.