Gold Championship 46 - Match Report/Transfers

Re: Gold Championship 46 - Match Report/Transfers

El_Pais_logo0925-thumb.png

1278105613.png

Culés Transfer News

Since their impressive 3-1 win against Valladolid in the league, Spanish Giants Barcelona were involved in numerous transfer activities. Barca's most notable transfer before the start of the season was the departure of Samuel Eto'o with David Silva and Joaquin coming the other way. But the Red and Blue army have managed to replace Eto'o and have also managed to bring in more creativeness to the squad.

Manager Nasir Ali held a shocking press conference last night claiming he wanted majority of the new players to be Spanish. And now is set on axing a few players who he believes will struggle for a place in the first team. Players such as Abidal, Gabriel Milito and Thierry Henry were made available, but Henry's availability remains questioned due to his man of the match performance in the season's curtain opener.

Xabi Alonso Back In Spain

Barcelona signed Spanish playmaker Olano Xabi Alonso from English side Liverpool. Xabi was a player who Ali thought would help his team with the fluidity of to football and the passing game which he wishes to bring to the new club. Alonso's place in the Liverpool team was also insecure as Mascherano, Gerrard and new signing Bodmer were ahead of him in the list. But manager Nasir Ali has thrown the playmaker a lifeline by offering him a chance to become a part of his Red & Blue army.

Going the other were midfield duo Yaya Toure who now has the chance to play against his brother Kolo, and ex Seville midfielder Keita who was not needed in the Barca midfield claims Ali. Liverpool may now have depth, but the manager insists that he now has the best midfield in the world as his squad now contains 4 Euro 2008 winning stars in the form of Xabi Alonso, Henrnadez Xavi, Andres Iniesta and David Silva.

Nasir Ali told the club: "Just looking at that midfield brings fear into an oppositions eyes, we now have magnificent quality in midfield and we'll be looking to build on that as games continue."

images%5Cpictures%5Cplayers%5Cxabi-alonso.jpg

Alonso Joins Barca's Already Impressive Midfield

David Villa To Replace Samuel Eto'o!

And in their search for a new striker, Barcelona managed to snap up another Euro 2008 winner. Spain's top scorer of the tournament David Villa is the man who will replace Eto'o and he looks set to revive his career. The Spanish international has had numerous ups and downs at Valencia, and this wasn't the first time when Barcelona showed huge interest. The only difference was that Barca offered Valencia a price they couldn't refuse.

Injury hit midfielder Alexandr Hleb, and second choice central defender Rafael Marquez made way to the Mestalla allowing David Villa to team up against Henry, Messi and countryman Bojan.

However, Barcelona were furious with news that the striker injured himself in training due to a rash tackle from defender Gabriel Milito. The injury looked extremely serious and it seems Villa would have to wait till mid December to make his debut...Causing him to miss two SMFA Cup games, and causing Barcelona to yet again continue with a striker less.

david_villa_celeb_italy_1.jpg

New Man At Barca - Villa Is Eto'o Replacement....But Has To Wait Four Weeks To Make His Debut

Other incoming players for Barcelona saw their former midfield star Crosas return to the Nou Camp after breif spells with Lyon and Celtic. They also signed upcoming SPanish playmaker Alejandro Alfaro from second string side Tenerife.

Barcelona are away to Recreativo Huelva in a match which they should win. Xabi Alonso IS expected to make his full debut for the club.

Barcelona VS Recreativo Huelva

........................................Valdes........................................

Dani Alves.......................Carles Puyol.................. ©..Antonio Lopez

.......................................Xabi Alonso...................................

Joaquin................Hernandez Xavi......Iniesta..............David Silva

...................................................Leo Messi..........................

..........................Thierry Henry..............................................

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 46 - Match Report/Transfers Arsenal boss Ross Philp has not been slow since arriving at the club as he quickly loaned out Carlos Vela, Lukasz Fabianksi and Jack Wilshere to H

........................................Valdes........................................

Dani Alves............Gabriel Milito.....Carles Puyol ©..Antonio Lopez

.......................................Xabi Alonso...................................

Joaquin................Hernandez Xavi......Iniesta..............David Silva

...................................................Leo Messi..........................

..........................Thierry Henry..............................................

My money is on you... need to try the 12 man formation out myself ;):D

Picture2.gif

Liverpool Transfer Update .

Liverpool have almost got there team for the season as Daniel has made a few signings scince the last post . Daniel had a slight issue with Atletico Madrid and had to send a numerous amount of messages to the manager to finaly make him sell Heitiga for 20 million , 5 million over the original Price . Hietiga joined this afternoon , Daniel was releived to finaly see the torres deal go through . Bodmer also completed his move to Liverpool for plessis + babel , although daniel was happy with the sighnings . The Kop and liverpool faithful were silenced this morning as Xabi Alonso moved to Barcelona for Yaya toure + Keita .

seydou.gifyaya.gif

Yaya and Seydou Keita come in to replace Xavi Alonso . Daniel said '' I am sad , but i think that Yaya + Keita will be more useful than Xabi Alonso . As i need depth in my teams''.

Match Preveiw : Liverpool Vs Newcastle

Daniel bolam has now named his team to play Newcastle on Wednesday evening . Daniel said '' I am happy with my team now . And i think once the Arshavin deal does through then our team will be classic .

Team to play Newcastle

tactics.gif

Match Prediction Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle

1_1193387951.gif76_1200385608.gif

Arsenal 5-0 Sunderland

In a far from impressive 1-1 away draw against West Ham United on the opening day, Ross Philp's Arsenal side were looking to kick-start their season in their first home match. Sunderlan visited the Emirates Stadium last night in a match where Philp went for an attacking 3-4-1-2 formation against the northern side. Following on from Saturday's match, the Gunners boss was looking for improved performances from Theo Walcott, Denilson and Emmanuel Adebayor. Philp made one change to the side that took part in the dismal draw against West Ham - as Bakary Sagna came in, with he and Clichy, along with Kolo Toure playing in a pacy back three.

Looking for a response from his team, Philp told his side to attack fast and furiously in the opening exchanges, believing that if his team got the opening goal, they would go on and win the match. And they managed to get not only the opening goal, but the second, and third in only twelve first-half minutes. With a header on six minutes, a clever finish on seven minutes, and a second header after twelve minutes, Emmanuel Adebayor scored a sensational hattrick. Arsenal's high intensity start to the match caught the visitors off guard and their quick passing saw Sunderland incapable of stopping the rout as it was 3-0 at half time. Yellow cards for Gervinho, Cisse and Ferdinand for the visitors exclaimed their frustration, and increased Arsenal's confidence. Almunia was called into action on occasion, and did well when so.

EMP-5897705.jpg

Gervinho was busy for the visitors, the £16.2m signing calling Almunia into a save straight after the re-start as Sunderland looked for a way back into the match. And their task was almost made an impossibility as Emmanuel Adebayor (above) celebrated his fourth goal of the match in front of a capacity crowd at the Emirates. His goal on 52 minutes, was soon followed by Samir Nasri's first of the season to make the score 5-0. Nasri's 63rd minute header, despite his two misses as the half went on, was all that happened outwith the "Adebayor show" as the Gunners held on to win comfortably. Nasri (below scoring) was happy as his side got their first win.

20080816_13_gyi0055501883.jpg

Arsenal boss Ross Philp was interviewed after the match and detailed just how good his side were on the night saying : "Emmanuel typified our performance tonight. He scored four fantastic goals, and it was a rout as we were simply too good. We are often criticised for playing attractive football but not coming up with the points, but we did both tonight and I am overjoyed. We have a tough match coming up next, and we had to get this win in front of our home fans". Mentioning that match, Philp is set to stick with the same eleven from that game last night as Arsenal host Liverpool on Saturday - who have won their first two matches of the EPL season.

1278105613.png

Barcelona Overview

Since their last transfer activity in acquiring David Villa and Xabi Alonso...Catalan giants Barcelona were at it again bringing in three players and departing with three.

The most significant transfer of the week saw French striker Thierry Henry move to Turkish side Fenerbahce to finish his footballing career. Henry didn't have the best time at Barcelona playing under Pep Guardiola, and his performance against Valladolid proved that he is a worthy acquisition. But that was days before the new manager wanted Spanish players to boost his team's chemistry and rebuild the Euro 2008 winning side.

Coming in return was former Mallorca striker Daniel Guiza alongside reserve defender Edu Dracena who will take Caceres plce in defense. Guiza was likely to make an immediate debut as David Villa was out, Guiza partnered alongside Messi.

400x400_DanielGuizaNew.jpg

Guiza Back In Spain

The second transfer saw another Spaniard enter in the form of upcoming central defender Raul Albiol. Albiol was a player who was originally linked with Barcelona, but the deal broke down due to the intervention of the chairman. But he completed his move to Barcelona earlier today as injury hit defender Gabriel Milito and young defender Caceres made way to the Mestalla. Ali hinted that Albiol is the long term successor for fellow teammate Carles Puyol.

The revamping of Barcelona looks extremely good as only 3 non Spanish players remain. Two of which are in the managers plans (Messi and Dani Alves)

pic115828.jpg

Albiol & Puyol - New Barca Defense.

Match Analysis

laligaln3.png

Primera División Jornada de dos (Match Day Two)

103164.giflogo-barcelona.jpg

Recreativo Huelva-Barcelona Preview

Barcelona went into the match confident and were certain they would come away with three points. Before the match, manager Ali told the boys to enjoy themselves and not to worry about the result.

The Catalan giants kept their same formation with Iniesta playing as their playmaker. And the only difference was that there were two debutants. Antonio Lopez came into the left back slot and Guiza partnered with Messi and took Henry's place.

Barcelona fielded a total of 8 Spanish players with messi, Milito and Dani Alves being the only exception.

b_26317.pngRecreativo Huelva 2-3 Barcelonab_26300.png

Venue: Nuevo Colombino

Attendance: 21,214

D.GUIZA 5, 54

JAVI GUERRERO 8

S.JOAQUIN 51

G.SISI 59

Yellow Cards: K.Akale, L.Messi, G.Milito

Man Of The Match - Sanchez Joaquin

21,000 fans were at the Nuevo Colombino to see Huelva take on one of the biggest clubs in the world. Many already tipped Barcelona to win the match comfortably but the scoreline will show different.

Huelva are a team who should not be underestimated and were extremely unlucky for taking anything from the game.

Barcelona started well with new man Guiza scoring on his debut. The striker scored a cracker from 25 yards after some brilliant footwork.

1983434805-soccer-uefa-european-championship-2008-group-d-greece-v-spain.jpg

Guiza Scores Cracker On Debut

But just three minutes later, Huelva equalized through Javi Guerrero in what was a closely contested first half.

With the scores level, only the manager's word can inspire the players, and it worked for Barcelona as they took the lead through Joaquin Sanchez, the Spanish winger on fire as he earned himself a well deserved goal.

joaquinsanchez1908g_792710c.jpg

Joaquin Scores A Deserved Goal

And the route was soon completed when Barcelona extended their lead through new man Guiza, the ex Mallorca man getting his second of the game.

_44760049_guiza_getty.jpg

Guiza Grabs Another.

Barcelona piled on the pressure but it was Huelva who surprisingly pulled themselves back in the game through Sis but it wasn't enough as Barcelona grabbed their second win in the second day of La Liga.

Barcelona are one of six teams to win both matches and they face Atletico Madrid in their next game...A game which will hold much relevance to Manager Nasir Ali as they are his favourite team since childhood.

264_front_small.gif163_1215035995.gif263_front_small.gif

Real Madrid Transfer News

Real Madrid fans were today left in a state of shock after Cannavaro left the club to join up with Italian outfit AS Roma. Allan MUFC was quick to re-assure fans that the sale was for the best of the club.

He hastily called a press conference where he unveiled Juan had joined the club as part of the deal. He also announced that Winger Taddei would be joining the club as part of the deal for a small fee. He also said Drenthe had joined AS Roma on Loan for the season (with a recall option) as a good will gesture.

2365_1212761711.jpg4536_1223304738.jpg2574_1223128319.jpg

Cannavaro out > Juan and Taddei In

125px-PNE_FC.png

LOAN SIGNING ARRIVES FROM ROMA

Prestons manager gadga waited untill last night game against derby had finished which preston won 2-1.. to put a few bids in to strenghten his current squad in there quest to reach the premier league and today one bid was excepted and completed in an loan deal bringing roma's right midfield/winger VALERIO VIRGA to deepdale on loan, the 22yr old 81rated midfielder will play a big part in the squad and gadga said to be delighted in the signing and to bring a player like valerio from a big club in roma is a great achievment for the club..

2573_1211915591.jpg

Valerio Virga arrives on loan from roma

lgsp0041this-is-anfield-liverpool-football-club-badge-liverpool-football-club-poster1-212x300.jpg

Liverpool Transfer Update

Liverpool have had another busy week in the transfer market , signing Diego for a fee of Albert Riera + Albeloa . Now Liverpool have an Exellant attacking options and Midfeild . Liverpool now have no RB . Now Carragher and Skrtel are Transfer Listed . And If you offer :

Martin Skrtel : 90 RB + 90 FWD

Jamie Carragher : 91 RB + 91 FWD

LivSquad.gif

Highlighted players are Up for sale . I no longer need Kuyt as i have Diego & Arshavin up front . Kuyt can go if you offer a RB rated 91 or a forward rated 91 . My team is almost ready . But i need a new RB for saturday's match as i have Ross at the Emirates :rolleyes: , then guess who i have ? Terrance Griffin at Anfeild :o . So please get your bids in if you offer what I want no pensioners or league flops . And i will accept your bid as soon as i see it ! .

barclays.gif

Arshavin gets the winner for Liverpool at St James's Park!

castle.gif Newcastle 2-3 Liverpool pooll.gif

D.Kuyt (5)

S.JOVETIC (31)

D.KUYT (37)

A.ARSHAVIN (39)

D.DEFOUR (60)

Daniel had this to say after the match '' I am extatic with tonights result , i am so happy arshavin with his goal and i think that he will be a starter this season ''

264_front_small.gif163_1215035995.gif263_front_small.gif

Javi Garcia off On Loan to Preston !

Allan MUFC announced that after losing a high stakes poker game, Javi Garcia would be on his way to PNE for a seasons loan.

Its not clear if Allan MUFC called Gadga's VW Polo with Javi Garcia on loan, but all that is known is that Gadga's Straight Fulsh won the hand

thumbnail.aspx?q=348935820039&id=585f9f1d480d92ee29b2219d34232211

PRESTON SIGN REAL MADRID MIDFIELDER

Prestons manager gadga as managed to sign FRANCISCO JAVI GARCIA on loan from real madrid.. The 21yr old 87rated midfielder is an explosive player said gadga he is also an up and coming young lad who is still learning and it is a honour to have him at the club even it is on loan..

2913_1216207803.jpg

GARCIA on loan from real madrid..

168_1216387042.jpg

New Man At Sevilla

Sevilla today announced the arrival of new manager Rhys Hunt. He has said to our reports that he hopes to bring Sevilla right back to the top after a horrible start to the season with Sevilla losing 3 out of 3 games in the league.

Kanoute.jpg

Rhys has named CF Freddie Kanoute (above) as the club captain and has said I believe Freddie has a lot of experience and what he brings to the team is invaluable and I think he can become a real leader!

Rhys has also stated that he wants to sell Brazilian striker Luis Fabiano (below) and he is will to let him go for 92 striker and a 91 CM or just make a bid and he will make a decision then let you know.

Sevillafab.jpg

Rhys Hunt has said he looks for his first game to be a win for Sevilla even though it's against Spanish Giants Real Madrird. He has stated he wants to bring in a RB, CM and A CF.

He said please contact him about Luis Fabiano if you have a bid, thanks.

907781632_9842ea7055.jpg?v=0

PNE SIGN TWO MORE PLAYERS..

Prestons manager gadga has bought two more players to deepdale, AMARA DIANE 87 rated striker and FERRAN CORO 87 rated winger/forward..

Amara DIANE signed from Al Rayyan signed a 4yr contract, the ivorian will be a big impact for us up front claimed gadga we have been watchin him since i took over..

FERRAN CORO signed from Espanyol signed a 5yr contract, coro can play on either wing and up front also ince he can play with both feet i'll have more choice where i want him to play..

2846_1221581078.jpg

FERRAN CORO arrives at deepdale

8390_1209755861.jpg

AMARA DIANE also arrives at deepdale

sevillakit.gif168_1216387042.jpgsevillaawaykit.gif

Get Out!

Sevillafab.jpg

Rhys Hunt has said he wants to get rid of Striker Luis Fabiano, this comes after Fabiano apparently had an outburst at the manager about him giving Freddie Kanoute the captaincy instead of him and Rhys has immediatley put him up for sale.

He is said to want a 92 CF and a 90-91 RB.

PM him on SM if you have made an offer and getting offering!

sevillamatchreportskin.jpg

Rhys Hunt Get's First Win At Sevilla

squillaci.jpg

Sevilla lined up against Real Betis who they played only 2 days before this match where Rhys' men lost 2-1, but Rhys has gave his team an inspirational speech before the match and it obviously worked with centre back Seb Squillaci scoring the only goal of the game after a surging run through the whole of the Betis team.

Rhys has said him and his team are now preparing for the tough clash with Almeria in two days.

Previous league results

Arsenal 1-0 Liverpool

(Adebayor 77') - .(...).

Everton 0-1 Arsenal

.(...). - (Adebayor 10')

Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea

(Eboue 19') - (Malouda 42' Gokhan 76')

Blackburn 3-4 Arsenal

(Santa Cruz 24' Villanueva 44' Emerton 87') - (Fabregas 36' 69' Benzema 61' Nasri 80')

1_1193387951.gif75_1202128533.gif

Arsenal 5-0 Stoke City

(Mancini 16' Nasri 19' Walcott 37' Adebayor 51' Sagna 52') - .(...).

850055091-soccer-barclays-premier-league-arsenal-v-tottenham-hotspur-emirates-stadium.jpg

Ross Philp's Arsenal team have proved to be one of the best passing teams in the league following on from Arsene Wenger's reign, as their beautiful football led them to yet another fantastic win tonight in a five-goal thrashing of Stoke City. The Gunners were in a totally different mood from when they lost to Chelsea at the Emirates a few weeks back, when Philp's reserves couldn't pull off a victory. But the first team took to the field tonight and didn't disappoint.

The Arsenal boss said pre-season just how important his side's home form would be and was disappointed to hear that they lost while he was away on scouting duty. Philp was watching Internazionale ahead of their SMFA Group tie last night, which ended 1-1 inside the Emirates. Philp got right behind his players from the off tonight, and told them that he wanted a good start. They did just that, scoring three in the first half, and going on to win comfortably.

And so with Philp's words still ringing in their ears, Arsenal started at a furiously high tempo against the division's new boys with Benzema and Adebayor missing good chances inside the first ten minutes. Hitting it early on 16 minutes, a goal from Alessandro Mancini gave the Gunners the lead and a deserved lead at that. And only three minutes later it was two as Samir Nasri curled it round the unsighted Thomas Sorensen in the Stoke goal. And only eight minutes before the break Arsenal were three up through Theo Walcott's strike (celebrated above by the jubilous Arsenal players ahead of half time).

340x.jpg

Bursting into the box and lashing home six minutes into the second period Emmanuel Adebayor lashed home from 15 yards and Arsenal had the points wrapped up. French defender Bacary Sagna rounded off the scoring in the 72nd minute with a rebound from a Benzema shot (Sagna celebrates with his team-mates above). Now with five wins, one draw, and one disappointing loss sees Arsenal in third behind the surprising West Brom, and leaders Chelsea.

gunners.jpg

English Premier League

Emirates Stadium - 60,305

1_1193387951.gif32_1203570233.gif

Arsenal 1:0 Fulham

Eduardo 37'

Gladly taking his chance in starting eleven tonight, supporting Bendtner in attack, Eduardo scored the only goal of the game for the Gunners as they beat their London rivals to go second in the Premier League. Having lost on Wednesday to Newcastle, Philp made several changes leaving out Benzema, Walcott and even captain Fabgregas as he said that performances like what he got was not acceptable. And so it was Ramsey who captained the side tonight, and helped achieve the victory.

DaSilvaGoal_468x330.jpg

Captain for the night Ramsey started well early on as he made an early chance for himself, but disappointingly missed his opportunity. However Andy Johnson went close on two occasions soon after as Manuel Almunia made two great saves in succession. Although it soon turned into the Arsenal "party" as Eduardo swung into gear with a good attempt before Aaron Ramsey, Niklas Bendtner and Hugo Droguett all having excellent opportunities to open the scoring. But it took until 37 minutes as Eduardo (shown above scoring) hit an unorthodox strike past Fulham goalkeeper Pascal Zuberbuhler just before the break - his curling shot breaking the deadlock.

Seemingly sitting back in the second half, the Fulham onslaught was almost welcomed by Philp's Arsenal side and nothing that the manager said could change the pattern of the game. Jimmy Bullard took control of the match as his Fulham side looked to get the equalising goal. Toni Kallio and Seol Ki-Hyeon also went close on several occasions and a 72nd minute overhead kick from Simon Davies just went over Almunia's crossbar. However, finally getting his message through to his players, Ross Philp's Arsenal side saw Pascal Zuberbuhler force a shot wide from Eduardo, parry away a Bendtner shot and push Diaby's drive wide of the post all in three minutes. Eduardo shot wide, before Seol and Davies missed chances at the end as they could have scraped a point. Arsenal held on to claim their eighth EPL win.

With Arsenal's win tonight the Gunners moved up to second ahead of yet another London derby against rivals Spurs at White Hart Lane on Wednesday night at 8PM.

404_1200274850.gif

Hertha Name Toggs

Toggs has been named at Herta BSC and has made a handful of signings too impact the team already. Marcos Arouca (22,88,CM) has joined for 10M, Stanislav Sestak (25,89,CF) arrived for 16M, Vasco Fernandes (22,83,CB) joined for 2M & Francisco Fernando (22,85,CM) joined for a straight swap with Tunisian Striker, Mohamed Chermiti.

Also joining the club, are Blasie N'Kufo from FC Twente,& FC Porto pairing Lisandro Lopez & Jorge Rolando. He is also hoping to tie up deals for 10+ Youngsters, Basel Midfielder Valentin Stocker & an 88 RB.

• 2 weeks later...

334lrwh.jpg

Real Madrid 9 - 0 América

Madrid waltzed past America to put qualification within touching distance.

Heinze put Madrid 1-0 up after only 1 minute, Robben added a second after 23 minutes, and 4 goals in 10 minutes from Juan (29) Raul (32) and Van Der Vaart (35, 39) put Real 6-0 up and home and dry before half time.

Ponce added Madrids 7th on 51 minutes and Robben grabbed his second and Madrid's 8th on 79. Before Gago competed the rout on 81 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

334lrwh.jpg

Real Madrid 1 - 2 Alemria

Madrid fielded a much weakened side this week with one eye on Mondays Cup Game, and paid the price, going down 2-1 to Almeria.

Madrid got off to a great start when after just 6 minutes Gago scored with a stunning solo effort. Almeria refused to back down and levelled less than 10 minutes later, Negredo beating two defenders before slotting home.

Solari headed in a whiped corner on 58 minutes to give Almeria a much deserved lead. Almeria held firm and now climb above Real Madrid into 2nd spot in the table.

Madrid sit 3rd in the table trailing league leaders Villarreal by 9 points.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ZENIT'S TRANSFER NEWS

zenit.gif

zenit have had a bid axcepted for teenage sensation defour,the deal is to be worth 4m and felipe melo going the other direction thsi is what zenit manager said"melo is a great player but to be able to get defour to zenit is a great opportunity thta we can't reject,zenit hopes melo all the best at newcastle

1481832632_small.jpgstorythai-dot-com-2611482.jpg

this is zenit's biggest signing since the arrival of robbie keane.Russian sources also say that a deal has nearly been agreed for saloman kalou,zenit have not yet confirmed this!

334lrwh.jpg

Real Madrid Win The Spanish Cup

Real Madrid 4 - 4 Villarreal

(4 - 3 on Pens)

90,000 people packed into Wembley Stadium for the Spanish Cup Final, Real Madrid Vs Villarreal, 1st Vs 2nd. Victory Vs Defeat. And it was the league leaders Villarreal who struck first, Rossi scoring with a diving header at the back post after just 10 minutes. Raul showed why he is one of the worlds best when he levelled the scores on 17 minutes beating the offside trap and sliding the ball under the advancing keeper. The 3rd goal of the match went to Real Madrid with Sneijder scoring with a speculative chip, that was fumbled over the line by the keeper, 2-1 Real lead.

Villarreal were level 2 minutes later when Keita headed in a cross from the left. Villarreal took the lead just 2 minutes later when a through ball left Keita with just Casillas to beat, which he did making it 3-2 to Villarreal. Van Nistelrooy used his pace to beat the defence before chipping the keeper to level the scores at 3-3 going into half time. What a Cup Final we have here.

With an hour gone Real Madrid took the lead when Van Nisteltooy poked the ball into the net after a goal mouth scramble. Villarreal were gifted their 4th goal after a goalkeeping howler from Casillas, he fumbled a cross and dropped it at the feet of Mati Fernandez leaving him the easiest chance of his career. Thats how the match ended and extra time couldnt seperate the teams so the match went to a shootout.

pensei7.jpg

The shootout went to the fifth kick each with the scores tied at 3-3, Robben scores 4-3 Real, Up steps Pires the Captain, the Heart and Soul of Villarreal Football Club, with one kick of the ball to keep them in the trophy......AND HE'S MISSED IT! Real Madrid Win th Cup!!

610x.jpg

Casillas saves Pires' Penalty

v3kevt.jpg

ke95r7.jpg

Revival Starts Now!

w2jaxd.jpg Stoke 0-2 Arsenal 10ftca8.jpg

Alessandro Mancini(5)

Karim Benzema(34)

2ypazpj.jpgqy6aop.jpg

2 goals in the first half by Mancini and Benzema was enough as Arsenal saw off a stubborn Stoke at the Britannia stadium. Arsenal are looking to get over the bad start to their season and the new manager has made his intention clear to the players of wanting to qualifying for the Champions league.