Sign in to follow this  
LiamLUFC

What does SM mean to you?

Guest deadmau5

Re: What does SM mean to you?

I'm just addicted. It's not like any other of my PC/PS games... I love it and I really cannot imagine to stay away from it lol.

It's the only place where I can find soccer friends with ease, as living in the U.S. means nothing but basketball and American football fans. It also has such a great community (forum/chatroom)! I think I'd be pretty bored of life without SM and I'd be playing FIFA 09 all day.:P Honestly, SM makes most managerial games look bad. It's so realistic and has so many participants that it's nearly as good as the real thing. So altogether, I'm an addict.:P Enough that I can't remember what life was like without it.:confused:

Erm well i am addicted.

Always liked the banter with some of the "friends" iv made on here. Espescially the some of the older guys :D

Nothing against you new ones but due to me in activity last year i dont know most of ya !

The game itself is awesome, i like proving myself as one of the best managers on the game and transforming teams around.

An added bonus for me now, is that i also like the responsibilty of being a mod ! :)

Havn't really thought about this before. When I first started playing it was just to pass the time when at work, I wasn't a member of the forum and had a couple of teams. It was back in the days when transfers only went through on tuesdays and thursdays I think, and so many collapsed back then it got very annoying. Then I discovered gold championships and bought a gold account and got a team in GC1 and 2. I think the first gold setup I joined from new was GC3 but it could of been 2 lol. Then my amount of teams just started to grow as more gold setups were made and people came out with fantastic ideas for custom setups, plus all the teams I have/had in standard setups to use as practice for different tactics ect to use in the gold ones.

These past 18 months I'v been addicted to the game, but I'd imagaine thats because I do ok in Gold setups and want to better my teams season after season. Also the forum can be a fun place to have banter on and do the occsional match report, but I dunno if its just karma I'v found if I do match report the next few games the team I report on genrally loses lol

Now the same as above still applies, but I have started to shed a few teams because of offline stuff, like finding a job. So if I leave one of your custom setups its not because I dont like it, its offline stuff going on and time contraints.

Guest R. Peters

My second year on SM now. I keep losing interest, until I get a top GC club, like I have now, so I'm glued again. :rolleyes:

And yeah, I don't even play FM now! I'd think it would put the iceing on the cake if SM done a 3D player score centre, I'd pay every penny worth of it. :)

Ask Lkk :P

Well SM is most of my time on the computer it's a fun game for a fun sport and the game is just so great. Yup, im addicted if i didn't have SM i'd be bored all the time :D

Also The Creation of New Setups Regulary' date=' In Other/Mostly ALL, Online Games You Join The Overall Game With People That Have Been Playing Potentially For Years & Have Emassed Great Knowledge of The Game Which Leaves You Doin Catchup.. ON SM It's Not That Way & You Can Join Setups With Poeple That Have Joined The Same Time As You & Even If You Do Find Yourself Ina Setup With An Exsperienced Manager It's Alot Easier To Catchup & Gain Knowledge Either By The Fourm Which Contains All The Info Needed Really Or Because The Way In Which SM Is An Easy Game To Get A Grasp off.[/quote']

Same i remember when i used to play Hattrick :P

Well For Me I Started To Try Just About Every Manager Game On The Web Around Autum 2006, Even The NON or Little English Ones...

Found SM Pretty Late November 2006, Just Had The 2/3 Teams Until Summer 2007 When I Was Told I Could Setup Multiple Accounts :) I Think Thats When The Problim Set In :P

By September 2007 I Had Purchesed My 1st Gold Membership & Managed To Grab Celtic In GC-9 {The First Gold Setup Created Since i Was Gold Member} , No Joke My Heart Beat Was Prob Around 160 BPM Or Something B)

I Think At The At That Point I knew I Liked The Game.

As SoP Full Time Unemployment Meant I Had Lots of Time For The Game & Browsing The Forum Etc, New Challenges New Customs Etc Build My Quandity of Teams Up Gradually, Last Count 50 Teams :confused: Inc. International

Defenitly One of The Benefits Of SM Is That It Incorperates Directly The Game We Love So Much Within It's Gameplay, No Online Game Provides This Even FM Live Is Woefully Off Target When It Comes To This.

Also The Creation of New Setups Regulary, In Other/Mostly ALL, Online Games You Join The Overall Game With People That Have Been Playing Potentially For Years & Have Emassed Great Knowledge of The Game Which Leaves You Doin Catchup.. ON SM It's Not That Way & You Can Join Setups With Poeple That Have Joined The Same Time As You & Even If You Do Find Yourself Ina Setup With An Exsperienced Manager It's Alot Easier To Catchup & Gain Knowledge Either By The Fourm Which Contains All The Info Needed Really Or Because The Way In Which SM Is An Easy Game To Get A Grasp off.

think im addicted abit.

first thing i wake at at 6am ( singapore time) is to on comp and check for latest msg in SM, until at night, sometimes, even dragging into midnight. Will delay having lunch at 1pm now, to take the Barcelonas and the Man Us. So far, i have amassed around 150 clubs, which means i have 50 accounts? (lol) so with so many clubs i would have to spend alot of time on on SM and hence, get addicted:D

think im addicted abit.

first thing i wake at at 6am ( singapore time) is to on comp and check for latest msg in SM' date=' until at night, sometimes, even dragging into midnight. Will delay having lunch at 1pm now, to take the Barcelonas and the Man Us. So far, i have amassed around 150 clubs, which means i have 50 accounts? (lol) so with so many clubs i would have to spend alot of time on on SM and hence, get addicted:D[/quote']

Oh my goodness, 150 teams?!

I used to have around 35-40, but I've cut it down to 15 thank goodness :D

If I could still give teams to my friends I would cut down even more, but I don't now because of the job offers and I don't trust many strangers with the teams I've spent so much time building up!

Guest cabbytoodles

Yeah like my mate Sambele I'm addicted too lol. It's him who introduced me to SM but i don't regret one bit. Like him, I'm from Singapore so I'll wake at 5 plus a.m here to check the results of my beloved teams ;) Sadly I've built up a reputation of being a serial quitter, that explains why most of my teams I've only managed for a couple of games at most :confused: SM means a big chunk of my life to me, once my computer crashed and i paced my home like a caged animal as that day i had lotsa results to check and my computer died on me haha! SM is cool though

Quite simply SM saved me from serious depression. That might sound a bit drastic but I'm sure its true.

Two years ago during my final year at school I suffered a serious back injury which jammed up my S.I joints. I was in total agony and had to take 6 months off school. This is when i discovered SM, I couldn't believe how a free to play online game could be so good. It really took my mind off the pain and I could play while lying down on my bed which was great. Although my friends were really good to me I struggled to do anything they were doing, so SM provided me with enjoyment and mental stimulation through a very difficult time.

My doctor told me that one of the main side effects of long term back pain is depression and so sent me to 'pain management classes'. I thought these classes were there to take away my pain but this isn't the case, they help patients to cope mentally with pain. The nurse taking the class commented on how well I was dealing with the pain and she asked what I did to take my mind off it. My reply of course was SM!

Now 2 years on I'm happy and healthy, but I still enjoy playing the game which I believe improves monthly. Seems like I owe SM a big thankyou doesn't it!

Without SM my life would be incomplete....I dont have anything apart from SM' date='Facebook and FIFA 09 to keep me entertained.....Its really **** cool.....just love it!!!!

SM FOR LIFE!!!!!!! SM ROXXXX!!!!!!![/quote']

Simple answer "Nowt" :)

Dont take it to heart people i like you lot just it just passes time for me as i have a misrible life cos i walk like a cripple now :o

Like someone mentioned, it's all good when you have a top team in GC.:rolleyes:

At the moment I'm on it but am/should be revising at the same time. The only thing that I really like about this game is building up my teams and therefore get anxious to log in and see whether my transfer has been completed.

I always have one favorite club...And that tends to change when an activity of a setup dies down or simply when I manage a new club where I have made some brilliant deals. Barcelona Gold 46 is my best one now along with 'Pool 40 and United 41.

Don't really know whether it's addiction but I can live a day or two without it...... But I go mad on match days - No lies. Good thing on of 'em is on a Saturday when I don't do much apart from Football and the usual kick about with friends.

Still, Friends / School comes first and foremost as an original choice for me then SM. Why get excited in this fantasy world when the real world is out there waiting to pounce :D

I'm on it now and have been since 4 as I am busy busy doing deals and have struck three deals so far :P .. Going off now and won't be back on till later.

I think the answer to your question liam can be answered by asking people "How many hours a day do you spend on SM?" - Over 3 = ADDICTED! :P

My favourite club is Bayern Munich GC18...

although i have the 'big' teams Bayern was my 1st target team i actually picked up, since then i went on to win the domestic double (League and Sheild) but was knocked out in the Cup Semi-Final, and with that the domestic Treble died, however the Treble is still a possibility as i am in th SMFA Cup Quarter Finals aswell...

what has that to do with my views on SM i hear you ask ?? Simple Intrest in the game was dieing until that GC.. Bayern Munich prolonged my SM time..

Now however with the constant GC creations i find these setups losing their 'oomph' so to say.. some may say then dont join them anymore but since GC18 i have joined 12 GC's which leaves 17 i didnt join.

All i can really hope for is SM to SLOW DOWN on the GC creations, i wouldnt mind one a month but 3 a week is a bit excessive..

To sum up what SM means to me... less and less each week, which is a real shame as it is a fantastic game