Gold Championship 50 - Match Report / Transfers Thread

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 50 - Match Report / Transfers Thread Gold Championship 50 Sky Sports Exclusive: New England Revolution club officials have finally confirmed the signing of arguably the wo

Champions League Final Review UNITED ON TOP OF THE WORLD AFTER FINAL THRILLER 6-3 Manchester United tonight lifted the SMFA Champions Cup after defeating Portuguese Champions FC Porto in a

Re: Gold Championship 50 - Match Report / Transfers Thread Arch-Rivals Fall To The Spanish Sensation and The German Giant! The opening day of the season, and what an opening fixture Liverpool had!

Re: Gold Championship 50 - Match Report / Transfers Thread

^ Thanks champ! :)

Yep' date=' lucky enough to just pick them up recently. Have to give credit to the previous manager for the way he kept a lot of the original squad intact. I dig that. B)[/quote']

Im Schalke. Will You Sell Fernando, Rolando, Carrico, Hulk Or Falcao To Moi? :)

Check My Squad If You Want :)

Schalke Draw With Hamburg 1-1. Schalke Somehow Manage To Stay 4th :D

Also: Some Good News For Phillip Thomas Is Milner Will Get His Debut Against Werder Bremen On Saturday.

It Will Be A Tough Match, Said The Gaffer.

We Do Have Some Great Strike Options Though, With Dzeko, Dembele, Carlos Eduardo And New Signing Milner (:D), We Also Have Motta And Mamaev To Save The Back 4 If We Are Under Attack From The Oponents Offence.

Myself And The Team That will Face Werder On Saturday Are Feeling Confident. We Are Confident We Will Score, But Our Defence Has Been SLightly Shakey This Season.

PREDICTION: 3-2 To Schalke. (Hoping To Win!)

FC Schalke 04 1 - 1 Hamburger SV

Half Time: (1 - 1)

B.TREMOULINAS 40

M.PETRIC 38

Hamburg's incredible winning league run of 13 wins in a row comes to an end. We still have a six point lead over second placed Werder Bremen but Hamburg need to bounce back if the have aspirations of winning the league this year.

This comes on the back of a loss on penalties in the German Shield Final to Bayern München after a 4-4 draw.

Lazio.jpg

Lazio beat Palermo 2-1 at home last night to continue their good form as they moved into the European spots for the first time this season with the club now sitting 7th in the table.

In transfer news, Lazio missed out on both Steve SIDWELL and Albert ZAPATER from Catania to Roma and Real Madrid respectivley. The club hopes to be able to add new squad members over the coming days...

Michel Bastos has had a rating increase and is now rated 90.

Benoit Tremoulinas has has a rating increase and is now rated 89.

Not Bad :)

Does Anyone Wanna Buy Bastos? I Dont Like The Fact He Is Also a LB :o

I Will Accept A Good Replacement And If I Need It, A Nice Little Youth. :)

52_front_small.png295_1205199499.gif178_front_small.png

Fluminense 4-2 Vasco da Gama

p1_washington_0527.jpg

Fluminense Claim Second Trophy of the Season

Fluminense produced a stunning display of attacking football as they secured the club, and manager Chris Lewis' first domestic knockout trophy, adding the Brazilian trophy to the Charity Shield and the Division 1 trophy of last season.

Fluminense took the lead on 9mins when Diego Milito caught the Vasco defence off guard with a stunning strike, before Washington (pictured), doubled the lead on 32mins, pouncing on a goal mouth scramble. However, Fluminense didn't have it all their own way, as they were pegged back just before half time, on 42mins when Mezenga hammered home a fabulous overhead kick.

In the second half, Fluminense again came out all guns blazing, with man-of-the-match, and recent signing Filip Holosko grabbing his third goal in two games on the hour mark with a towering header. Although, yet again, Vasco struck again minutes later, in the 66th, when Mezenga beat the Fluminense offside trap, to claim his second, and put Vasco back in touch yet again. The scoreline only lasted a matter of seconds, as club captain Baraja, curley a beautiful free kick over the wall and in off the far post with around twenty minutes remaining, to which Vasco had no response.

In the league, last seasons champions have been struggling with consistency, but with a recent re-shuffle in the starting line-up thanks to the addition of Holosko, the club and manager seem in high spirits that they will be able to put up a good fight in narrowing the eight point gap to leaders Cruzeiro in the remaining sixteen fixtures.

Milner Gets (Almost) Perfect Debut!

Tonight, Schalke Went Into The Game Against Werder Bremen With Their Heads Held High. And They Came Out Of The Game With One To. With James Milner In Schalke's Starting Lineup, They Had A Very Balanced One. The Ref's Final Whistle Blew 2-0 To Schalke. Milner Scored Both Goals. Manager Phillip Thomas Had This To Say After The Game "James Played Incredibly Well And Had A Terrific Debut." "He Has A Great Future Ahead Of Him".

James Milner Has Picked Up A Slight Injury And Will Be Out For 3 Weeks. :(:o:D

Hamburger back to winning ways with a 2-1 victory at home against Leverkusen. Most of 1st XI rested due to SMFA Shield 3rd round 2nd leg fixture on Monday away to Bilbao, need a win after 0-0 bore-draw at home.

Hamburger now sit 9 points clear of 2nd placed Werder Bremen, who were beaten at home by Phillip Thomas's FC Schalke 2-0.

Next up is a home fixture against Werder Bremen, this could be a key game in Hamburger's quest for the league title, but it's still early days with many games still to go.

west brom again showing their dominance with a 1-0 victory away from home

they are now 4th and competing for a champs league spot

but will they let it slip like last time...

their match against besiktas is coming up in a few days and with them winning 2-0 in the first leg they will looking for another win

After resting my first team and playing my second team in the defeat to Zenit at the weekend in preperation for the SMFA Shield, it looks to have paid off after a 2-0 away win over Newell's Old Boys which see Shaktar qualify through to the quarter finals where they will face Torino.

After resting my first team and playing my second team in the defeat to Zenit at the weekend in preperation for the SMFA Shield' date=' it looks to have paid off after a 2-0 away win over Newell's Old Boys which see Shaktar qualify through to the quarter finals where they will face Torino.[/quote']

I'm gunna have to get a Newells Old Boys in a GC one day, I mean just look at their badge ;):D

I'm gunna have to get a Newells Old Boys in a GC one day' date=' I mean just look at their badge ;):D[/quote']

Haha lol, legendary mate, absolute legendary :D

West Brom's Shock SMFA Cup Run Continues

They won 3-1 against besiktas away and it means that they have now knocked out another big team :)

they are looking better and better lying 4th in the premiership and know spartak will be no easy opposition in the next round B)

What Happened To That Then?

EDIT: Oh Wait' date=' He Is Banned :([/quote']

Made a couple of new signings at last today, check out the upcoming post for details :)

Oh Wait' date=' He Isnt Anymmore.

I Dont Think He Would Want You To Know.

Sorry Mate :)[/quote']

You're making me sounds guilty of something! :P

If anyone wants to know i was banned for 24 hours from the forum for 'bullying', not sure who it was i bullied but my gut feeling is Romano Valente. Strange that i got a PM from the said person in-game who was baffled by the ban as much as me :)

Anyway, my update is on the way!

Lazio.jpg

Lazio's fantastic form continues with another two victories in the league. A 2-1 home win against Palermo was followed up with a 3-1 win on the road against Catania as Lazio moved up to 6th in the league.

In transfer news, following the sad news about Robert ENKE's sad end just 2 days after Lazio shelled out £13 million the club have made a further two signings:

Crouchy.jpg

Peter CROUCH joins from Portsmouth for a fee of £7 million and Marc Janko.

Arango.jpg

Juan ARANGO joins from Mallorca for a fee of £13 million. The LM will add some much needed depth to a depleted midfield area...

The club hopes to announce one more signing over the next couple of days!

Here is how the team looks right now:

laziosquad.jpg

Ahhhh Darn you Phillip beating me at home!! :P

Well done

Now I have to go get a win at hamburg to try and dent their 9 point lead :eek:

Not be able to do match reports till after xmas have 20 hours overtime done last week

And Dan am comming for you!!!! I soon over take you in GC honours very soon muwhahaha