Gold Championship 50 - Match Report / Transfers Thread

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 50 - Match Report / Transfers Thread Gold Championship 50 Sky Sports Exclusive: New England Revolution club officials have finally confirmed the signing of arguably the wo

Champions League Final Review UNITED ON TOP OF THE WORLD AFTER FINAL THRILLER 6-3 Manchester United tonight lifted the SMFA Champions Cup after defeating Portuguese Champions FC Porto in a

Re: Gold Championship 50 - Match Report / Transfers Thread Arch-Rivals Fall To The Spanish Sensation and The German Giant! The opening day of the season, and what an opening fixture Liverpool had!

Re: Gold Championship 50 - Match Report / Transfers Thread

Adamski ive got schalke and im interested in srna any one you interested of schalke?

PM's are best for discussions mate' date=' unless you want the setup mods on your case....

[b']

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[/b]

Welshman28385 has been named as the new manager at Marseille...

Hands off Ben Arfa! :P

Gold Championship 50

aaaaaww.jpg

Sky Sports Exclusive: New England Revolution club officials have finally confirmed the signing of arguably the world's best manager, William Chen just a few hours ago. It took intense talks, but New England shrugged off bids from Ajax and FC Porto to finally secure his signature. William will arrive in the United States later today where it is believed that he will be meeting up with President Bush, who was delighted to hear William taking over his favorite team, The New England Revolution.

Heres what the man himself had to say to the Sky Sports News Team at the Brisbane International Airport.

After being associated with big clubs such the likes of Arsenal' date=' Boca and Olympiacos, I have decided to open a new chapter in my managing career, by heading away from Europe, the heart of football.

I believe that a great manager is shown when he or she is successful after taking over a relatively poor side, not with a club that is already at its top flight.

This was the main reason why I rejected deals with Ajax and Porto as they do not give me the opportunity to test out how good I really am. In contrast, I am relatively pleased with my new club, the New England Revolution. They may not be good skill wise, but with a relatively passionate squad, I strongly think that we can cause an upset on the world stage, despite being in a very difficult SMFA Cup group. Given this opportunity, I would also like to quickly announce that all New England players can go for cash as they, in my eyes, are just not up to the world standard in being competitive

newspaperner.jpg

NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION TRANSFERS

The start of a new season usually sees an abundance of Transfers and for New England, this is no different. New England Manager, William Chen has already begun his quest to reshape the New England side in being competitive in this years SMFA competition. A host of experienced players such as defenders, Javier SANGUINETTI and Ever PALACIOS have been signed to ensure that the side does not leak too many 'soft' goals.

sanguinettipalacios.jpg

Defenders Javier Sanguinetti & Ever Palacios

Having good defenders is one thing, but having strong midfielders is just as Important. The midfield is vital, and when New England comes across sides like Arsenal, guys like Nasri and Fabregas need to be contained and out players must not be too intimidated. Manager William Chen has yet again secured deals for midfield veterans Niclas ALEXANDERSSON and Jocelyn BLANCHARD, both are very experienced in controlling the ball in the center.

alexanderssonblanchard.jpg

Midfielders Niclas Alexandersson & Jocelyn Blanchard

Every team needs a leader, and today, Manager William Chen has announced that new signing, Bart GOOR will captain the side this season.

Bart GOOR has shown excellent signs of being a leader at Anderlecht and if we can get GOOR to establish a good team relationship at New England then that would no doubt be a step in the right direction.

To win games' date=' you need prolific goal scorers, and with New England Manager, William Chen recently visiting the Austrian league, he has managed to sign Austrian sensation, [b']Marc JANKO[/b]. William hopes that Janko can replicate his Red Bull Salzburg form of 27 goals in 15 games at his new club, New England.

GoorJanko.jpg

Captain Bart Goor & Striker Marc Janko

Last but not least, Manager William Chen would like to express his appreciation and thanks to Milan manager, Matt Jewiss for allowing Ferreira EMERSON and Giuseppe FAVALLI to play for New England on loan deals.

EmersonFavalli.jpg

Loaned from Milan, Ferreira Emerson & Giuseppe Favalli

The New England Manager hopes to sign a few more players before the season officially begins.

linebreak1.jpg

MLS - MATCH PREVIEW

nerbanner1.jpg

MATCHDAY 1

463_1203620221.gifVS648_1227016450.jpg

NEW ENGLAND CHIVAS USA

You couldnt ask for a better matchup in week 1. Two of the toughest teams in the MLS will be fighting it out in a couple of days time in what is expected to be a near capacity crowd at Gillette. The 1st games of the season are always the hardest to predict as both managers will be completely unaware of the style and formations that will be used.

New England posses very strong central midfielders. The fact that Manager, WillC has already stated to play an attacking style, the 3-4-1-2 formation looks the way to go for them. Chivas USA, who have yet to be active in the transfer market, have a squad filled with depth which will no doubt benefit them during the middle stages of the season. Manager WillC has publicly stated that in order for New England to win, their defenders must be able to contain the electrifying pace of Chivas midfielders, Raphael WICKY and Sacha KLJESTAN.

PREDICTION

mls-badge.jpg

Both teams will field their best possible sides on Saturday Night which will no doubt, make this contest a free-flowing and very enjoyable game to watch. Both teams are almost impossible to split on paper, but with a very large and hostile crowd expected to turn up at Gillette, Chivas may just have a tough night at the office.

NEW ENGLAND - 2

CHIVAS USA - 0

Shaktar have a bid accepted on central midfielder Yohan Cabaye, Hai and Dukjaj will be going in the other direction. Marko Marin transfer collapsed due to my chairman :confused: but we have sorted another deal out and a bid has been accepted. Bids on Schaffer and Efrain Juarez have also been accepted. Young Macedonian striker Mustafi has joined the Shaktar ranks this morning and Johnson has also made bids for five other players.

Im really loving this league, just wish i could sell Srna so i know what position i need to improve ( depending on position off players offered to me ).

Interesting to see who my rivals have signed / sold :)

150px-Olympique_lyonnais.png

LYON NEWS

Olympique Lyonnais unveiled two new players today at Stade de Gerland. Les Gones have brought in Romanian defender Dorin Goian & Paraguayan midfielder Enrique Vera. Both are veteran players with extensive international experience and will be expected to add depth & leadership to a Lyon side that has European title aspirations.

222288.jpgg_e_vera_300x300.jpg

liverpool-fc-crest.jpg

One Anfield Legend Gone, Two World Class Players Arrive

In the early hours of the morning, after being placed on the Transfer List since Saturday night, Steven Gerrard finally moved away from the club he loves the most! Samra has been heavily criticised for selling him, however he has hit back at his critics: "If Gerrard didn't want to go, he could've told me, but he didn't, so it was obvious that he is happy with the move, and I wish him the best of luck at his new club! Diego and Mertesacker just ooze class, and they will greatly help our team, as we look to challenge for at least one title this season!"

577460_mediumsquare.jpg97575.jpg

These two are looking to become fan favourites!

robbie_keane_bolton.jpg

On his way to arch-rivals Everton?

It was also announced that Robbie Keane would be making his way to the city rivals Everton, with Yakubu and Anichebe coming in return. Samra has no confidence in Keane's ability, and said "We aim to feed the Yak, and he will score! Anichebe is an added extra, he will cover for Torres/Yak."

HEEEELP!!!!

Could i please buy a 90+ CF please!? ive got a few players that could go the other way and ive also got 12 million in the bank that i could use so anyone available?

Pleeeeeeeease help! i really need help now on that post above so does anyone have any CF's 90+ they need to sell? i need one urgently!

or could i loan someone?

MDonsBrazil.gif

Dons are now ready for whatever is thrown at them.

Mk Dons Manager Dan Bolam has said that his team are now ready for the season after there squad reached a whopping 50 players earlier this morning . Daniel said '' i had to stop signing players . Soon if i dont stop then there will be no money going into my pocket . The players i have now are good enough for division 3 , and also with the loan that i have i feel that my team will give blackpool a thumping on saturday . I am happy now that soder rose +8 on wedensday to 82 , this means he will pair up with fraizor cambell on saturday .

More to come :/

AZ ALKMAAR UNVEIL SQUAD LIST

1. ROMERO, Sergio - Argentina - Keeper

2. SARPEI, Hans - Ghana - Defender

3. DOMINGUEZ, Julio Cesar - Mexico - Defender

4. LINDBERG, Marcus - Sweden - Defender

5. MENDES DA SILVA, David - Holland - Defender

6. HUGGEL, Benjamin - Switzerland - Midfielder

7. MARTENS, Morten - Holland - Midfielder

8. CULIO, Emmanuel - Argentina - Midfielder

9. HELMES, Patrick - Germany - Attacker

10. PEROVIC, Marko - Serbia - Midfielder

11. ALPHONSE, Alexandre - France - Attacker

12. DAVID ABRAHAM, Angel - Argentina - Defender

13. ZE LUIS, Santos - Brazil - Midfielder (Loan from Liverpool)

14. MAIERHOFER, Stefan - Austria - Attacker

15. JALIENS, Kew - Holland - Defender

16. ARCABA, Tomislav - Australia - Keeper

A few notable omissions are obvious. At the back, Hernan Moreno and Sebastian Pocognoli havn't been named to the squad yet. Up front, it's Jeremain Lens and Mounir El Hamdaoui who have suffered the snub. Will they work their way onto the side?

Bayern Munchen Newz

Bayern Munchen Are Ready to Flog Miroslav Klose and Luca Toni along with Podolski Schwienstiger and Phillip Lahm! no one is going on loan + ALL Players available Part Exchange! ONLY ! Want 92 + 91 For Klose and 2 92s or better for Klose/Toni and Good 2 Players for Phillip Lahm and Schwienstiger and Podolski :)

Bayern Signings:

Cristiano Ronaldo = Ribery + Demichels

Bayern Sales:

Oddo = £10Million

AZ ALKMAAR!

Match News : AZ Alkmaar 2 - 2 Volendam ('69 Alphonse, '85 Culio)

Dutch 2. : 3rd

Dutch Cup : Rd1 Bye

Dutch Shield : Rd1 v FC Twente

Squad News :

Kew Jaliens has been suspended 3 matches

Squad List :

1. ROMERO

2. SARPEI

3. DOMINGUEZ

4. LINDBERG

5. MENDES DA SILVA

6. HUGGEL

7. MARTENS

8. CULIO (1 goal)

9. HELMES

10. PEROVIC

11. ALPHONSE (1 goal)

12. DAVID ABRAHAM

13. ZE LUIS

14. MAIERHOFER

15. JALIENS

16. ARCABA

Injuries / Suspensions

Jaliens - Suspended

Player Tables

ALPHONSE - 1st in Goals, 1st in MOM's

CULIO - 2nd in Goals

HELMES - 4th in Assists

MARTENS - 9th in Assists

JALIENS - 1st in RC

2_front_small.gif18_1216254515.jpg67_front_small.gif

Cardiff city have just announced their new manager, Rishabh Desai. This is what he had to say at his first press conference:"Ah well. It will be fun managing Cardiff. They have some real good players and we have already bussied ourselves in the transfer market and snapped up some really young talented players. I hope this season we can get promoted to division one. That will be our main aim this season. Anyway, i hope we do well this season and i wish all the managers in this seatup the best of luck !!!"

Transfers In

Anel HADZIC

HADZIC%20Anel200.jpg

Ludovic GENEST

19389_1221581336.jpg

Daniel WASS

31510_1211208274.jpg

Veli KAVLAK

16075_1211915758.jpg

1474_18_07_2006_492_liverpool.logo.jpg

Arch-Rivals Fall To The Spanish Sensation and The German Giant!

The opening day of the season, and what an opening fixture Liverpool had! Manchester United at Anfield! The Liverpool fans, players and manager knew that this match would mean a lot, as the winner would gather momentum, while the loser had 3 points to catch up!

Liverpool set up in a 4-5-1 Formation, Diego Ribas taking the place of the departed Steven Gerrard as the playmaker, and Mertesacker slotting in in defence with the new part-time Captain, Jamie Carragher. Man United set up in a 4-3-3 Wingers formation, giving debuts to Nasri and Ribery, with Cristiano Ronaldo gone.

The game was always going to have a quick pace about it, Liverpool showing their intent, Javier Mascherano getting into advanced positions early on, forcing Van Der Sar into a desperate save. It did not take long for the deadlock to be broken, Fernando Torres showing why Samra is very keen to keep him at Anfield, smashing the ball into the top corner on a volley!

celebration_166927t.jpg

Anfield erupted, as their Talismanic striker put them one up!

Man United looked to reply quickly, but Evra left the ball behind after going on a foraging run, leaving Mascherano to pick up the pieces. No less than four minutes after the first goal, came a second. Per Mertesacker shocking everyone by curling in a shot from outside the area, and past a helpless Van Der Sar.

United rethought their gameplan, and tightened up a bit, choosing to instead hit Liverpool on the counter. And the plan seemed to work, as all the chances were falling to the Red Devils. But they couldn't capitalise, as they wasted chance after chance, until finally Dimitar Berbatov pulled one back via a thumping header into the back of Reina's goal!

dimitar-berbatov_1002249c.jpg

Vidic and Ferdinand hail their Goal Hero!

Liverpool sat back a bit, and the game seemed to fizzle out, Franck Ribery found himself clear, but could only hit the post, before Arbeloa was booked for a rash challenge!

Half Time: Liverpool 2-1 Manchester United

The Second Half got underway, and it was obvious that Liverpool were happy with their work done for the day, and had decided to sit back and defend for their lives! Even though this was the case, it was Liverpool who looked more likely to score! They were denied a stone-wall penalty, and forced Van Der Sar into many top class saves, while United struggled to get a chance.

After 60 minutes, United bought on Adebayor, Nani and Anderson, with Giggs, Berbatov and Nasri making way. However the three players failed to make any attacking impact whatsoever, with Liverpool restricting United's time with the ball. The midfield Five of Kuyt, Riera, Diego, Mascherano and Xabi Alonso, stroked the ball around the middle third with ease and comfort, keeping the ball away from United for long periods of the game.

However, Liverpool failed to find another goal, and this would mean there was always a chance United could come back. Ribery (United's most threatening player), failed to capitalise on a rare error by the defence, putting the ball agonisingly wide. Before Diego chipped Van Der Sar, only for the ball to be cleared by Vidic, who was waiting on the line!

Full Time: Liverpool 2-1 Manchester United

Man of The Match!

per_mertesacker.jpg

Per Mertesacker was awarded the MOM, as he put in a tireless display, and helped to shut up shop in the second half, as well as adding the eventual winner!

Samra was very happy with the result, and said "This is a brilliant start to our season, and we will look to carry this on, and hopefully to challenge for the title!"

Valencia_CF.png

Mallorca Vs Valencia

It was Mark Swift's first game in charge of Valencia and he faced a tough away game at Mallorca. The game kicked off at the Son Moix at 8:00pm on Saturday night. Paolo Dondarini was the referee for the match, and throughout the whole match he only gave 1 Yellow Card.

There wasnt much to cheer about in the first 20 minutes, Mallorca had there chances, Valencia had there chances. The closest anyone came was David Silva, who hit a straight volley towards goal but it crashed off the post. It was the same for the next 10 minutes, although there were more chances coming along, but no one could burry them.

Then it fell quite for a few minutes, until the 36th minute. Fernando Morientes thumped a low drive from 20 yards out! Two keepers couldnt have saved that.

_42785443_morientes300.jpg

(Morientes and Villa celebrating the goal!)

With 9 minutes left until half-time Mallorca were determined to get back at Valencia. And they did, but they didnt score, they had many chances to score but failed to take any of them. So it ended as it was at half time, Mallorca 0 - 1 Valencia.

Half Time: Mallorca 0 Valencia 1

Now in all honesty the second half was alot less entertaing than the first, but it had an extra 4 Goals! Within the first 2 minutes of the second half Valencia made the keeper pull off some outstanding saves. 57 minutes in a brilliant run by David Silva was stopped by a flying arm of Alhassane Keita, who correctly recived a Yellow Card.

It did start to slow down after this but just like in the first half Valencia popped up with something special. This time it wasnt Morientes, but Zigic, he turned quickly and fired low into the bottom corner to make it 2-0 Valencia.

n_valencia_nikola_zigic-1126.jpg

(Nikola Zigic celebrates his wonderful goal)

So with Valencia 2-0 up they kept pressing, they didnt sit back they pressed. Morientes came close before the Defeder Moretti made it 3. Morretti used his pace and power to force his way into the box before lashing the ball home. Valencia were running away with it. 3-0 now and now way back for Mallorca.

18367481on4.png

(Moretti sinks Mallorca with a 3rd)

But it was only 3 minutes later that Mallorca came back with a goal of there own. Alhassane Keita beat 2 defenders before slotting home a great solo effort.

6431_1213099580.jpg

(Keita making it 3-1)

And yes as i said there was barley any action. Although Mallorca did make it a nervous ending for Valencia. It was Zubeldia Aritz Aduriz who scored a spectacular shot into the top corner of the goal. Although that was it for the rest of the game.

n_athletic_club_de_bilbao_aritz_aduriz_zubeldia-3782.jpg

(Aritz Aduriz makes a nervous end to the game)

Full Time: Mallorca 2 Valencia 3

Mallorca 2

Valencia 3

A.Keita 73

F.Morientes 36

Z.Aritz Aduriz 88

N.Zigic 64

E.Moretti 70

Bayern Munchen

Bayern Only Managed a 1-1 Draw with the goals coming earlie 1st goal came at the 13th minute but Cristiano Ronaldo Equalised for Bayern Munchen just 5 Minutes Later...

Transfer News

In

Out

C.Ronaldo

Ribery

D.Bent

Demichels

A.Lennon

Oddo

Podolski

Players Transfer Listed

Schwienstiger

Phillip Lahm

Ze Reberto

Van Buyton

Lucio

Klose

Toni

Need

GK

F

CF

CB

CM

CM

AM

DM

RM

LM

Im thinking of quitting:

Valencia - GC 50, they have about 50m (Unless bids go through) they have won there only game of the season and still have David Villa.

Stoke City - GC 52, they have the normal squad except Demar Phillips and Vincent Pericard. Signed Robert Fernandez.

Any one interested pm me.;)

Lazio.png

Lazio have had a busy start to the season with many players leaving and joining the club.

New manager Dan Walmsley wasted no time in offloading star players such as Rocchi, Carrizo, Ledesma and Pandev. All of these players left the club in exchange for more hungry, younger players who will hopefully be at the Italian club for years to come.

Adler, Castro, Garay, M. Friedriech, Vargas, Diarra, Fernando, kiessling and Jo are the big name signings. Young Star Zarate is the only big name player to remain at the club. However this has left the club with a very small squad but this does not worry Dan:

'I am not worried at all by the size of my squad, with this great club not qualifying for European football last season it gives me one whole season to build a squad that is capable of competing on four fronts next year. I have used this to my advantage by offloading the old unwanted players and i have had to give away some good youngster in De Silvestre and Radu but i think it was the right choice. We have cash reserves to buy the right players when they become available and i fully expect to have big enough team by by the end of the season. I will sacrifice the cup competitions this season to ensure we win a top four spot and to give us more time to build a team.'

Meanwhile, Lazio lost the opening game of the season away to reigning champions Inter Milan 1-0 but have the chance to pick themselves up tonight with a home tie against Napoli.

22_front_small.gif391_1223654139.jpg1_front_small-2.gif

Today Bayern Munchen announce the appointment of new manager Rhys Hunt after ex Bayern manager Carl Brereton quit the club today.

Rhys has appointed Bayerns Brazilian hardman Ferreira Lucio as club captain, Rhys said "I put Lucio as our captain because he has the best leadership qualities in the team and he will give anything for Bayern Munchen.".

_42654053_bayern2416.jpg

Rhys Hunt has said everyone is available on P/E and he is looking fro a 90-91 GK, CM 90-91 and a LM or Winger 90-91 contact me ;)

bayern-munich-header.jpg

Bayern Muchen vs FC.Koln

Rhys Hunt's men lined up against a unmanaged FC.Koln and everyone thought it would be a comfortable win for Bayern and thats how it turned out. Miroslav "King" Klose grabbed another brace in the league on 7 and 73 minutes, Bayern went 2-0 up when young English winger James Milner scored in the 41st minute and Koln's Danciulescu grabbed a goal for the away side.

In the end Munich come out 3-1 winners with an easy win.

Klose.jpg

(King Klose celebrating his goal with team-mate Luca Toni)

Rhys Hunt's side now top the Bundesliga on goal difference and the table looks like this (below).

table.jpg

bayern-munich-header.jpg

Bayern Muchen vs FC.Koln

Rhys Hunt's men lined up against a unmanaged FC.Koln and everyone thought it would be a comfortable win for Bayern and thats how it turned out. Miroslav "King" Klose grabbed another brace in the league on 7 and 73 minutes' date=' Bayern went 2-0 up when young English winger [b']James Milner [/b]scored in the 41st minute and Koln's Danciulescu grabbed a goal for the away side.

In the end Munich come out 3-1 winners with an easy win.

Klose.jpg

(King Klose celebrating his goal with team-mate Luca Toni)

Rhys Hunt's side now top the Bundesliga on goal difference and the table looks like this (below).

table.jpg

Like to see you Progressing with The Bayern

B Quits Bayern?

Carl Brereton 2 Days ago sold his Bayern Munchen club in GC-50 For English Poundiener Hunty for a Standard Setup £4.99 carl had this to say

I Got the Job for Free and Then made a profit! theres nothing wrong with that The Poundiener Hunty was low on Cash so could only offer the Standard Game World (SETUP!) So realy i dont mind i loved the club and Brought The likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Darren Bent (hehe Could rise scores alot??) and Aaron Lennon