Gold Championship 50 - Match Report / Transfers Thread

Re: Gold Championship 50 - Match Report / Transfers Thread

flags_of_Netherlands.gif

l_630.gif

180_1254930198.jpgAjax 2-0 NAC Breda 199_1198522135.gif

Eduardo-Arsenal-001.jpg

An Eduardo brace sinks Breda as Ajax retain the Dutch Eredivisie

After 2 seasons of trying, Ajax have finally retained the Dutch Eredivisie off ex Champions AZ Alkmaar after the AZ were "un-stoppable" before getting a new manager. Croatian skipper Eduardo Da Silva bagged the 2 goals for Ajax in their 2-0 win over NAC Breda on Wednesday night ending what Ajax would recall a great season with a 6 point advantage at the top of the table. Eduardo finished Ajax's top goalscorer this season, bagging 13 goals in 36 appearances, goes to show how much the Croatian is dedicated to his club, featuring in all their 36 league games this season.

Ajax manager JakeA is said to be very pleased with his teams pull back in the second half of the season as at one point they sat in 7th and looked against the odds to suffer a resounding relegation battle. Ajax got to grips in the second part of the season though, after the confidence boost of John Carew from Portsmouth and the boost of Thomas Vermaelen they pulled back 13+ points from the leaders AZ and as the table took a turn for the worse Ajax kept growing stronger and stronger, going on a 13 game un-beaten run pulling back the league in their favour and finishing 6 points above title hopefuls FC Utrecht.

AjaxCapeTown081213LiftUpTrophyBackpagepix250.jpg

So Ajax retained their Dutch Eredivisie title from AZ Alkmaar and after a stunning 2nd part of the season their can be no man happier other Ajax manager JakeA as he gave us a brief quote and what he thought of his team this season,

"I have to admit, we had a shocking start to the season, the critics were against us and to top it off I was thinking of ending my reign as the clubs manager. But, we never gave up, I started looking in the market and my team started to get points, that's when I realised, we need new players. I secured the signings of John Carew from Portsmouth, Thomas Hitzlsperger from VFB Stuggart and Tom Huddlesstone from AS Saint-Etienne. I think these players really helped our squad and I think these need to be highlighted as we lift this trophy tonight. Our season isn't over yet, we still have to face FC Utrecht in the Dutch Cup Semi Final so we could still complete the double after a shocking start to the season, cheers."

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 50 - Match Report / Transfers Thread Gold Championship 50 Sky Sports Exclusive: New England Revolution club officials have finally confirmed the signing of arguably the wo

Champions League Final Review UNITED ON TOP OF THE WORLD AFTER FINAL THRILLER 6-3 Manchester United tonight lifted the SMFA Champions Cup after defeating Portuguese Champions FC Porto in a

Re: Gold Championship 50 - Match Report / Transfers Thread Arch-Rivals Fall To The Spanish Sensation and The German Giant! The opening day of the season, and what an opening fixture Liverpool had!

BayernHome.jpgBayern.jpgBayernAway.jpg

Bayern remain busy in the transfer market with several comings and goings out of the revolving Allianz Arena door over the past few days...

With the German giants heavily over-stocked in the forward department is was no suprise to see trio Frederic Kanoute, Carvalha Amauri and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar all depart with Santi CAZORLA, Giuseppe ROSSI and Juan VARGAS coming in return.

hazard.jpg

Meanwhile, top young winger Eden HAZARD arrived in a deal which saw solid CM Dirnei Renato head to Gremio in exchange. Finally, dependable winger Rodriguez VICENTE joined for a fee of around £9million.

The squad is starting to shape up nicely with a few finishing touches needed such as another CB and a couple of CM's!

Bayern are hoping to announce a big-name signing to fans over the next few days with extensive negiotations well undergone with an unnamed club hoping to conclude a deal.

Canella.jpg

Canales - Wonderkid joins German giants.

Sergio CANALES is one of the latest players to join the Munchen revolution with the 18 year old Spainish whizzkid signing a 4 year deal. The transfer fee was a reasonable £2.1 million which manager Daniel Walmsley was delighted with.

Meanwhile, Marcel SCHAFER will solve the clubs LB problem with the German defender the latest signing before the new season kicks off...

flags_of_Netherlands.gif

180_1254930198.jpgAjax 2-0 FC Utrecht 189_1190547289.gif

cover_napoli_legrottaglie.jpg

Ajax through to the final but at what cost?

Ajax tonight moved a step edger to their targeted double this season after a 2-0 win over 2nd place finishers in the Dutch league this season FC Utrecht. The 2-0 win was overshadowed by a crucial injury to Nicola Legrottaglie, who has been injured with a fractured ankle and is expected to be out for around 8 weeks, is set to miss the first 4 weeks of the new season. Another point too add to the list of Ajax problems is Norwegian striker John Carew will miss 3 games after picking up a silly red card, Carew lunging in to a clumbsy challenge giving no other choice for English referee Nigel Miller to send the striker off.

On a good note from tonights game were the 2 goals from Ajax. The first coming on the 5th minute, Thomas Hitzlsperger bagging another goal to his Ajax career as a simple tap in from the German after a great cross from Bilyaletinov found the holding central midfielder who bagged his 4th goal. Ajax then doubled their lead on the 39th minute which turned out to be the game changing goal, skipper Legrottaglie rising above the Utrecht defence to send a towering header in off the bar but during he's celebrations after the goal, that is when the ankle fractured and as the Italian defender was stretchered off the pitch the 50,000+ Ajax fans inside the Amsterdam Arena applauded Nicola as he put Ajax in to the Cup final.

After the great win in Amsterdam we caught up with the Ajax boss JakeA after confirmation of his teams victory and will go on to face FC Twente in the final, this is what Jake had to say on his teams performance:

"I am very pleased with my teams performance tonight. The only downside to the night is obviously the ming boggling red card where I thought the referee was wrong but we will have to get on with it because we can't let this get to us going in to our cup final on Tuesday night and our downer coming from our defence, after having lots of scans on his foot we can confirm that it is a big fracture in the left foot and he is expected to be out for 8-9 weeks, a big loss but will give the chance for Roldofo to impress."

flags_of_Netherlands.gif

180_1254930198.jpgAjax Vs. FC Twente 188_1197185509.gif

ajax_fans.jpg

Ajax pumped up for Cup final

Ajax football club manager SirJake has tonight come out and said that they are fully equipped, and ready for what is thrown at them tommorow night against FC Twente in the Dutch Cup final. Ajax cruised to a 2-0 win last round against un-managed Utrecht but Ajax manager Jake said he's team will have to put out a good performance to beat the hopeful cup winners. Roldofo is expected to come in for the injured Legrotagglie and Russian forward Bukharov, making he's 3rd cup appearance is set to come in for the suspended John Carew who picked up a silly red card last round.

Questions will be asked of Jake's team selection for tommorow night but due to the big concerns all over the field for Ajax it is key that the fans get behind their team as they have the Cup's top scorer on show for them Bukharov. Bukharov joined from Rubin for a £6 million price tag and was soon written off by critics after the lack of dicipline the player has and if he really has the "class" to be an Ajax player, Bukharov can proove all the media wrong tommorow night and who knows? I great performance from the Russian could see him play first time football next season, questions will then be asked are Eduardo or Carew's future in the balance, time will tell.

Ive Just Changed My Formation At The Last Minute, Hope It Pulls Off!

If It Would, My First Trophy In GC50! :)

I Really Dont Want A Runner-Up, But If That Does Happen, The Other Manager Really Deserves It :)

I second that' date=' completed the double tonight, MR to come later. B)[/quote']

Congrats, I Just Want To Know Who Scored lol.

But Commiseration To Hoffenheim Manager Paul Booth, Was Ahead Of Me In The Table For The Whole Season Until Final Match, And Now This, :o

knvb_cup.jpg

180_1254930198.jpgAjax 3-1 FC Twente 188_1197185509.gif

20091204204310_urby_emanuelson.jpg

Emanuelson coming off the bench to score for Ajax

Ajax football club were tonight crowned Dutch Cup champions, formaly known as KNVB Beker after a great 3-1 victory over arch rivals FC Twente at the Philips Stadion. Ajax have had a great season this season, at the start of the season they looked relegation threats but the never giving up Ajax battled through and finished 1st in the league, taking the title off former winners AZ Alkmaar by a great 6 points after being written off with 10 games left, 10 points behind FC Utrecht who also were in with a chance of being crowned Dutch Division 1 champions.

The game got under way at 20:00pm at the Philips Stadion and Ajax in red and FC Tewnte in navy blue kicked the game off and running and a roar from both sets of supporters as the ball was being played about nicely. After a range of FC Twente attacks they finally broke the deadlock on the 34th minute giving them a deserved lead, a ball whipped in from the right met the head of Brama, as the 23 year old rose ahead of the weakened Ajax defence to put the underdogs ahead. Ajax were quick to reply though, just 2 minutes after the re-start a quick pased bit of play was soon executed by French DM, Moussa Sissoko bagging he's first Cup goal for Ajax, this time it''s Ajax's fans turn to go mental! Ajax came out more stronger after the break, Emanulson entering the mix for Ajax, it didn't take the Dutch international long to make a name for himself, just 6 minutes after being on the pitch he cut in the right side down the win the come back on his favoured left foot and bend a sweet shot past Boschker in the goal, Ajax lead. 4 minutes later Ajax then wrapped up the cup tie, Russian forward Bukharov getting his name on the scoresheet for Ajax's 3rd, the Russian 24 year old currently backed by Jake showed why with a wonder strike!

The final score finished Ajax 3-1 FC Twente and with the season and all the games over Ajax's players and fans will continue their celebrations through the night as their team have secured that dream double this season and who knows maybe Ajax will aim for the treble next season, even the quaddrouple! After the team lifted the Dutch Cup we managed to get Jake away from celebrating with his players and asked him what he thought on the teams performance tonight, this is what he had to say:

"Tonight is possibly one of the best night's I have ever seen my team play as a whole. We were amazing out their tonight and it isn't easy going into a game with such good opposition with weakened players but I think that both Bukharov and Roldofo prooved that they can be a reliable back up for our obvious first team, I think they will both feature in our first few league games next season before Carew is off his suspension and Legrotagglie is back from injury. I would like to congratulate my players on their success tonight and I hope this great form continues into next season, thanks."

l_630.gif

art_xlarge_19231.jpg

(Suarez wanting a possible return to Ajax?)

Rumours going round Ajax tonight are rumours linking Uraguayian internation Luis Suarez with a possible return to Ajax. Suarez left Ajax in the first season new manager Jake took charge due to lots of injuries ruled him out of lots of vital games, Ajax still going on to with the leagut that season. He moved to Bayern Munchen where he is not featuring enough for his liking, making 14 appearances this season, bagging 8 and setting up 5 earning 2 man of the match awards. It is understood that an agreement has not yet been made or a bid even but this is what Suarez had to say on this matter:

"I don't wan't to go behind Dan's back and say I wan't an Ajax return but I can confirm that I would like a return to Ajax if the offer came my way. I have been in contact with Ajax manager SirJake and we have fixed up any bad patches we got off to in my time at Ajax. Ajax is my club and always will be, I got my career up and running there and with the likes of Rossi joining Bayern not it looks like I will have some competition to get first team football. I hope Jake and Dan do come to some sort of agreement but at this moment in time I'm a Bayern player, thanks."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

image?id=BAU003682

ManUDM280808_450x312.jpg

(United tonight crowned UEFA Champions League Winners.)

Manchester United tonight were crowned Champions of Europe after a emphatic 6-3 win over FC Porto in the Maracanã where nearly 90,000 fans turned up from their countries to cheer on their sides. This makes United named as the "the best team in the world" after winning "the biggest trophy in the world", Ryan Giggs shown his class tonight with a hat trick for United, Giggs still having a point to proove he isn't too old for the game. Ajax manager SirJake has tonight congratulated both managers on their success in getting to the final and United going onto win in some good fashion too.

Champions League Final Review

UNITED ON TOP OF THE WORLD AFTER FINAL THRILLER

49_1204432433.gif6-3 224_1228667538.jpg

Manchester United tonight lifted the SMFA Champions Cup after defeating Portuguese Champions FC Porto in a pulsating final at the Maracana.

United Skipper Ryan Giggs was the hero with a 2nd half hatrick but it was Porto who struck the first blow, Christian Rodriguez nipping in ahead of Vedran Corluka to head his team in front on 15 minutes.

The game however soon turned, Giggs corner agonisingly headed into his own net by Jorge Fucile before Dimitar Berbatov pounced on a loose ball to put the English team ahead.

image-2-for-manchester-united-2-2-fc-porto-gallery-948668122.jpg

Rodriguez headed Porto in front but their joy was to be short lived

With the game still finely poised, enter Captain Fantastic. 36 year old Ryan Giggs scoring 2 goals within 3 minutes of the restart to put United firmly in charge.

Jacko's team seemed to have an answer to anything Porto could throw at them. Rodriguez's second goal of the night on 55 minutes cancelled out by Emanual Adebayors rasping drive a minute later.

When Radamel Falcao made it 5-3 on the hour it seemed the scoreline could reach ridiculous proportions but both Edwin van Der Sar and Helton were having none of it, making some fine saves to prevent any more goals.

Lisandros Red Card on 78 minutes spelled the end for Porto, and it was left to Giggs to put the icing on the cake by completing his hattrick with a fine finish on 88 minutes.

After losing their Premier League title on the last day of the season, Manchester United needed this to avoid a season without silverware, and they did it in the best possible style.

article-1022460-0156355D00000578-541_468x393.jpg

You Beauty: Giggs holds the trophy aloft after producing one of the great individual performances to help United to the win

189_1190547289.gifFC Utrecht Vs. Ajax 180_1254930198.jpg

community-shield.jpg

Another trophy coming Ajax bound?

The charity shield has been announced, Thursday 4th February 2010 is when Ajax will take on FC Utrecht at Wembley Stadium in London. If Ajax are to be successful and lift the Dutch Charity Shield it will be SirJake's 5th winning trophy with the club after taking over nearly 2 years ago. Tickets are on sale for the "massive clash" at Wembley Stadium, around 35,000 tickets will be handed out to both sets of teams, there are doubts wether Utrecht will fill their allocation. After getting his squad intact after a weekends rest Ajax manager SirJake held his first training session with his side today and after it we caught up with the Englishmen, this is what he had to say to SkySportsNews:

"I am looking forward to it! I can't wait, always good to have a nice trip back home and after winning it here in season 1 I think we can do it again, won't be easy though. I got the squad together today for the first time since our cup win, happy to see their all still fit after all that booze and celebrations on the season break but were back to the serious stuff now and we have all realised it won't be easy with the absence of Legrotagglie, he plays a crucial role with Meira and Vermaelen, still a chance for Roldofo to show his class though, doesn't suprise me that Likimotiv Moskva wan't him back to be honest."

070323_wembley_stadium_hmed_7a.hmedium.jpg

Venue: Wembley Stadium, London.

Capacity: 90,000.

Occasion: Dutch Charity Shield.

Time: 20:00pm (Great Britain Time).

With the new season scheduled to kick-off shortly, Bayern manager Daniel Walmsley bolstered his defensive options with the arrival of Ezequiel GARAY, another addition from his former club Lazio. The 22 year old Argentinian rock arriving for a fee of Arbeloa, Botia and £5 million.

The squad is coming together nicely and with the quality and strength in depth, several bookmakers have labelled the Allianz Arena as the most likely destination for the Bundesliga title in Walmsley's debut season. The team is well-stocked in all areas and although fans believe the squad could do with an extra CM or two the board have revealed that there is still in excess of £35 million for Dan to strengthen with should he see fit!

Suarez-1.jpg

Meanwhile, in other news Luis Suarez has confirmed he will be staying with Bayern long-term following talks with manager Daniel Walmsley. It was believed the young star desired a return to former club Ajax after a lack of appearences this campaign, something that won't happen again this season. Luis said:

'I became disillusioned with life in Germany especially with such a dissappointing season on both a club and personal level with the team finishing 8th and me not featuring as much as i'd have liked. With Rossi coming in added to the other great strikers we have here such as Forlan, Chamakh and keirrison i wasn't sure if it would get much better this season. I've spoken to Daniel Walmsley and he has assured me i am in his plans for this season and the future and with that i can confirm i have signed a new 5 year deal with the club and look forward to mounting a serious title challenge and doing well in the Cups...''

189_1190547289.gifFC Utrecht 2-4 Ajax 180_1254930198.jpg

ajax_fans1.jpg

Ajax successfully retain the Charity Shield

Ajax have topped off this season with another trophy to add to their trophy cabinet and Jake's honours with the football club. Ajax retained the Charity Shield after a 4-2 win at Wembley Stadium with Eduardo, Diego Souza, Souza and Bilyenditov all wrapping up a well earned victory in London, Brison and Turan pulling back 2 goals for the managerless Utrecht on the night. So the new season starts tommorow, 1 injury and 1 suspension for Jake's side as they kick off their season 4 campaign with a away tie at FC Groningen as Ajax hope to get off to a good start against the strugglers but will have new ambitions going into season 4.

It is thought that the deal for Luis Suarez has now died down after him and Bayern manager Dan Walmsey put aside their differences and looking to the future ahead after the new Bayern manager prepares for his first game in charge of the German Giants.

Well then guys it's the start of the new season and let's try and get this GC on fire in terms of MR's and so on. The more forumers we can get in the better so i expect regular updates from all of you seeing as it's a group effort!

Lets make GC50 the best and if not the second best after GC19!

Well then guys it's the start of the new season and let's try and get this GC on fire in terms of MR's and so on. The more forumers we can get in the better so i expect regular updates from all of you seeing as it's a group effort!

Lets make GC50 the best and if not the second best after GC19!

I'll be contributing anyway, will you Dan? Good luck everyone in tonight's games.

Bundesliga.gif

The Big Four

BayernM.jpgSchalke.jpg

Hamburger.jpgWerder.jpg

Race For The Title...

This seasons Bundesliga Championship promises so much more with 4 teams gunning for the title and just 3 SMFA Champs Cup football places available for next season. Last year Hamburger and manager Gary Townsend were crowned the kings of Germany with William Gibson and his well organised Werder Bremen finishing in a worthy second place. On the final game of the season, FC Schalke 04 and Phillip Thomas sneaked into the final European spot moving into 3rd at the expense of TSG Hoffenhiem.

Bayern were seen as the sleeping giant in Germany with lots of quality but the wrong man in charge to release it. However, at the end of the season the Bayern board had seen enough and showed Bosanecoras the door and announcing the arrival of Englishmen Daniel Walmsley who has not messed around in putting his mark on the squad. Bayern are ready to reclaim the Bundesliga title but with so many other top sides such as Dortmund, Hoffenhiem, Bayer Leverkuesen and Stuttgart in the mix, supporters can be sure of the closest title fight in years...

Opening fixtures

Bayern Munchen Vs VFB Stuttgart

VFL Bochum Vs FC Schalke 04

Werder Bremen Vs Borrusia Monchengladbach

Hamburger SV Vs Eintracht Frankfurt

BundesligaTitle.jpg

The coveted Bundesliga Title - Where will it be heading this year?

Guest MR. HAMMER

402_1205193360.gif

Manager Make A Big Call!

Today Hannover 96 manager gareth southgate has told press his team in the German Div 2 is not were he wants to be he is hoping for promotion this season and if not will walk out the manager right now in on a 4 year deal till 2014 but has told press the fans need to be in top flight of Germany and if not will me there with another manager we shocked Germany last season geting to the play offs final but lost we was so close after I took over with a few games left and got there also the manager has told press he is looking to biy a few players this season mony is tight this season but we will spend when needed.

Main Signing Last Season:

fcb_ze_roberto_345x468.jpg

The main signing last season has to be Brizil Legund Silva Ze Roberto the 35 year old joined from Portsmoth for a club record of 16M and the manager has told press the star could be leaving if a club comes in with a good deal for the ace this season but for now he is the main man to wach this season.

Best Signing Last Season:

Andrew-Carroll-001.jpg

The best signing last season has to be Andrew Carroll the 21 year old joined from FC Schalke 04 for 5M he played 7 games scored 3 got 1 assist and 2 mom awards last season his avr rating was 8.59 and the ace is hoping for big things this season and has a tag of 10m on his head if anyone was coming in for the England under 21.

Holland_Logo_League.png

Dutch Eredivisie - Season 4

Turn 1 Preview

187_1230577922.jpgFC Groningen vs Ajax 180_1254930198.jpg

There is a big difference in class between these two sides, Ajax, who are Dutch Eredivisie winners of season 3, Dutch Cup winners and Thursday night they were crowned Charity Shield winners to top off a great season comeback. On the other hand are FC Groningen, just surviving relegation and are currently managerless, they have had nothing atall to shout about since the start of their campaign, worrying times for Groningen.

Sky Bettting Odds:

Ajax Win: 1/2

Draw: 2/1

Groningen Win: 4/1

209_1198632677.gifVitesse vs FC Tewnte 188_1197185509.gif

Vitesse are a team you wan't to avoid at all costs, upsetting some of the big names last season by lifting the Dutch Shield and just missing out on a SMFA Shield place, this season the yellow shirted players will be hoping for a bigger table finish. FC Twente on their day could handle anyone, just missing out on the Dutch Cup after a defeat to Ajax and also a team just missing out on SMFA Shield Football.

Sky Betting Odds:

Vitesse Win: 2/1

Draw: Even

Twente Win: 3/1

201_1203106229.gifPSV vs FC Utrecht 189_1190547289.gif

The big boys are back! PSV, who sadly wen't down last season after a very poor season are back in business with a new hopeful manager with new expectations of the once big club. Followed by FC Utrecht, shocking all opponents last season, who were top of the table for a good 10 games but couldn't keep it up towards the end of the season as their form fell as did their manager, Utrecht will be playing SMFA Shield Football this season after finishing 2nd, great achievment for a small club.

Sky Betting Odds:

PSV Win: 3/1

Utrecht Win: 4/1

199_1198522135.gifNAC Breda vs Feyenoord 192_1190366647.gif

Breda, another team that were dreadful last season and very fortunate not to go down. They were poor throughout averaging just 5 points every 5 games, if it wasn't for their turn of form towards the end of the season, they would of been playing Division 2 football tonight. Feyenoord, another team that is back with a bang! New management which will pay the difference this season as they make their mark back in the Dutch Ederivisie table with a tough away trip.

Sky Betting Odds:

Breda Win: 4/1

Draw: 3/1

Feyenoord Win: 1/2

179_1199737677.gifAZ vs Heerenveen 205_1191159707.gif

AZ are less impressive now they are under new management, former manager Mark Farine was very successful with the Alkmaar based club but every since they went into new management and waved farewell to Farine they havent been much of a threat. Heerenveen have never been a threat to the likes of Ajax and AZ but could this be the season they proove the odds wrong? We shall wait and see.

Sky Betting Odds:

AZ Win: Even

Heerenveen Win: 3/1

So as the action builds up for the start of another season for all footballing fans, Netherlands is the place to be with a cracking set of fixtures to start the season off. Tune in to Dutch Football at 20:00pm to get regular updates on tonight's action.