Gold Championship 50 - Match Report / Transfers Thread

Re: Gold Championship 50 - Match Report / Transfers Thread

I needed a decent backup striker and cash is still of no meaning to me (in most setups). I should thank you for taking just cash. :P

No No, Thank You! That Cash Should Come In Handy :)

Its Good We Are Both Happy With It. :)

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 50 - Match Report / Transfers Thread Gold Championship 50 Sky Sports Exclusive: New England Revolution club officials have finally confirmed the signing of arguably the wo

Champions League Final Review UNITED ON TOP OF THE WORLD AFTER FINAL THRILLER 6-3 Manchester United tonight lifted the SMFA Champions Cup after defeating Portuguese Champions FC Porto in a

Re: Gold Championship 50 - Match Report / Transfers Thread Arch-Rivals Fall To The Spanish Sensation and The German Giant! The opening day of the season, and what an opening fixture Liverpool had!

No No' date=' Thank You! That Cash Should Come In Handy :)

Its Good We Are Both Happy With It. :)[/quote']

Meh. I know he isn't going to rise in the future but he's a steady player and he should keep his rating playing in Portugal.

Cheers mate.

My second team got thumped 4-1 by Inter last night in the SMFA Cup. Not too bothered, just concentrating on the League even though I fear I have no chance against Lyon.

Meh. I know he isn't going to rise in the future but he's a steady player and he should keep his rating playing in Portugal.

Cheers mate.

My second team got thumped 4-1 by Inter last night in the SMFA Cup. Not too bothered' date=' just concentrating on the League even though I fear I have no chance against Lyon.[/quote']

As Ive Said Somewhere Else, I Got Thumped 3-1 By Cruz Azul! My 2nd Team's Midfield Is Weak, So Im Going To Look To Improve There.

the-history-of-hamburg-sv-football-club-300x251.jpg

Hamburger SV 3 - 0 Arsenal

Half Time: (1 - 0)

---------------------

G.HOARAU 10, 59, 67

Hamburger's league form is fortunately not replicated in the SMFA Cup with a stunning home victory against one of the Premier League's finest, Guillaume HOARAU firing in a hat-trick, that's 4 goals in 2 games for the French striker which keeps us top of the group, with 2 wins from 2. Hopefully this can kick start the league campaign, but more importantly the defence have proved they can actually defend when they put their mind to it.

Next up a home game against Bayer Leverkusen.

2wqcphw.jpg

l_630.gif

43_front_small.png180_1254930198.jpg88_front_small.png

An on form Ajax too good for Utrecht

189_1190547289.gifFC Utrecht 0-3 Ajax180_1254930198.jpg

Bukharov (34)

Souza (62)

Eduardo (87)

eduardo_ah.jpg

(Eduardo rounding off a great win late on.)

Ajax went into the clash with bottom of the table Utrecht opposite ends but it took the Dutch giants just after the half hour mark to get on the score sheet, Russian forward Bukharov who really is showing what he has to offer with a clinical finish from 10 yards. Ajax made it 2-0 15 minutes after half time, Souza, the Brazilian who signed for £8 million pound showing his money worth with a dipping shot over the struggling Utrecht keeper. Ajax then rounded off another great team performance, Eduardo playing a full game tonight slotting home neatly on his favoured left foot, 3-0 and 3 points to Ajax. Ajax remain top of the Dutch Eredivisie after the win, now 3 points clear of 2nd place PSV, Utrecht however, remain bottom with 5 losses out of 5, worrying times for them.

3885_1228386654.jpg

(Eredivisie MoM: John Carew.)

Hamburger SV 1 - 0 Bayer Leverkusen

Half Time: (0 - 0)

----------------

S.ALEX SILVA 50

Hamburger's league campaign gets a much needed boost. A rare goal from Brazilian part time defensive midfielder gave Hamburger a much needed win, also a 2nd consecutive clean sheet. Hamburger still find themselves 7 points off the leaders, but only 4 points off the SMFA Cup places.

Next up is a German Shield tie against today's opponents Bayer Leverkusen, this time away from home. This season the domestic cup competitions are being used to give the fringe players a chance to impress, although word is the big guns want to play in every game unless they might get concerned???

vic_bob_handbags.jpg

(Hamburger management teams reaction to players getting concerned)

Schalke2.png

Schalke Back On Track!

Schalke Fans Were Hoping To Get A Decent Result Tonight After The Dissapointment Yesterdays 3-1 Hammering At The Hands Of Cruz Azul. Things Were Looking Good Going Into The Match As They Had The Full First Team Fit And Ready. Lets Go To Our Very Own Commentator Adrian Chiles (;)) To Give Us The Match Report:

KICK-OFF

The First Minute Of The Game And There Is Already A Great Shot. Its Gone Hoffenheim's Way With Onofras' Wonderful Shot Getting Punched Away By Schalke's Young Italian Keeper Consigli. Shortly After Dembele Controls A Long Aerial Pass By Motta, Plays A Through Ball TO Dzeko But The Chance Is Wasted. After A Few Chances Wasted By Dawson And Gorlitz, Nilsson Takes Out His Frustration On The Poor Dembele, Which Earns Nilsson A Yellow For His Troubles. A Brilliant Cross From Valencia Goes To Diarra In Miles Of Space, But He Rushes His Shot And Is Cleared By The Defender. Hoffenheim Dominated For The Next Five Minutes, With Teber And Hass Getting Their Shots Saved By Consigli. Not A Great End To The Half.

HALF-TIME SCORE: 0-0.

SECOND-HALF

The 2nd Booking Of The Night Goes To Summer-Signing Lass Diarra For Violent Conduct. The Ball Is Wasted Time And Time Again At The Moment, With Nilsson And Obasi Missing Chances On Goal. Finally A Breakthrough! Lass Diarra Gets His First Goal In A Schalke Shirt, Using All His Pace And Power He Manages To Find Himself In The Box With No-one Of The Hoffenheim Team Anywhere Near Him And Lashes Home A Terrific Goal. Top Corner! Ooh, That Was Dangerous. Obasi Recklessly Goes In a Two-Footed Tackle, And Gets Shown A Straight Red By English Ref Mark Halsey. Good Decison. Taking Advantage Of The Extra Man, Dzeko Runs Through The Defence And Even Has The Cheek To Dummie The Keeper! A Great Solo Effort. Shortly After The Restart The Ref Desides To Blow His Whistle.

FULL-TIME SCORE: 2-0

Schalke Find Themself On 9 Points 1 Point Behind Third Placed VFL Bochum. They Are 4 Points Off Top Of The League Bayern Munchen Who are Managed By Proud Englishman Daniel Walmsley. Next Up For Schalke Schalke Are Karlsruher In Round 2 Of The German Shield.

DzekoFCS2.png

MoTM And Match Winner Dzeko Celebrating His Late Goal.

Bayern beat Werder 1-0 away from home. MR tommorow!

bugger off :P

had a complete shocking team performance...

btw dan 6-5 to you now on honors :P

Also can anyone loan me some 85's+ cm's mine have a habit of geting sent off....

i start doing mr again soon flat out with this house move

l_635.gif

107_1204588409.gif9_front_small.png 4-0 117_1198417095.gif84_front_small.png

Artemio Franchi

Att: 47,284

Fiorentina managed by: Barry Golden

Palermo managed by: Kristen Warr

Ref: Mike Pike flags_of_England.gif

610x.jpg

The Players Celebrate Donadel's goal last night.

Fiorentina Move Into First Place

Fiorentina moved into first place last night, level on goal difference with Napoli after their 4-0 hammering of Udinese. Fiorentina have Brescia at home in the Shield on Monday night.

Fiorentina came into this game hoping to recover from last weekend’s shock defeat at Catania. They began the better and after only six minutes it was 1-0 to the hosts. Hamit Altintop’s shot getting deflected past the helpless keeper. Amelia kept Palermo at 1-0 a minute later, tipping Kuzmanovic’s long range effort over the bar. Landon Donovan went forward for Palermo and his shot was parried by Frey and Frey produced another excellent save this time from Nocerino when he should have scored from the rebound. Nocerino tested Frey again and the French man was equal to it. Gobbi missed a great chance for Fiorentina when he was released with loads of space down the left but got the ball tangled between his feet. Bresciano gambled to connect with Nocerino’s cross with an acrobatic bicycle-kick in the 22nd which sailed inches over the bar with Frey a mere spectator. Donadel made it 2-0 to Fiorentina in the 28th minute with a powerful shot going in off the post. Miccoli was clear of the defence in the 29th minute, and the Italian’s shot trickled horribly wide of the target to the Fiorentina’s fans delight. Hamit Altintop got his second of the game with a tap in from a rebound from another Kuzmanovic shot to make it 3-0. Half Time: Fiorentina 3-0 Palermo.

It was only four minutes into the second half and Fiorentina had a fourth, Massimo Gobbi making up for his early miss with a brilliant strike from the edge of the area as Fiorentina sealed the win. Landon Donovan could have made it 4-1 but the American missed a great opportunity with a free header from only six yards in the 61st minute. Bresciano then shot from twenty yards and his shot went narrowly wide of the post. Cesare Bovo received the ball on the right hand side for Palermo and he produced a magnificent twenty five yard shot which cannoned back off the crossbar. Late on in the match Landon Donovan could have given Palermo’s travelling support something to cheer about but the American’s powerful long range effort was well saved by the French Sebastian Frey and cleared to safety before Nocerino would tap in. Full Time: Fiorentina 4-0 Palermo

Schalke2.png

Schalke Complete Signing Of Winger Hatem BEN ARFA!

Yes, Thats Right. Young French Winger Hatem Ben Arfa Has Completed His Move From Marseille Of A Fee Believed To Be Just Under 12 Million. There Is Another Deal To Come Though, With The Managers Agreeing Bastos Will Leave To Go To Marseille. Our Reporter Eamonn Holmes (;)) Went To See The Fans To See What They Thought About The Deal.

"I'm Happy We Are Getting A Player As Good As Ben Arfa In Echange. Bastos Is A Very Good Player, A Proven Goalscorer And A Schalke Legend Despite Him Only Being Here For Just Over 1 Full Season. Bastos Will Be Heavily Missed, But I Have Confidence Ben Arfa Will Fill His Boots." A Dissapointed But Happy Fan Said.

Schalke Manager Phillip Thomas Had This To Say; "Bastos Is A Very Dependable Player. He Scores Goals, Makes Assists And Can Change A Game In A Matter Of Seconds. When A Player With The Skills And Determination Of Ben Arfa Comes Your Way, You Simply Can't Say No. He Is A Very Skilful Player, And Is Very Young Who Can And Will Develop. He Is The Perfect Replacement For Bastos. I Hope Bastos Well In His Soon To Be New Club Marseille."

benarfa-original.jpg

Young Ben Arfa Scoring His Last Ever Goal For Ex-Club Marseille.

BayernGC50Banner.png

BayernHome.jpgBundesliga-1.gifBayernAway.jpg

Bayern Going Strong!

Bayern travel to Fortuna Dusseldorf tonight in the Secound Round of the German Shield. It is the second meeting between the clubs this season with Bayern running out 4-0 winners in the league encounter just 5 days ago...

It's been a great start to the domestic season with the club already recording victories over title rivals Hamburger SV (2-1) and Werder Bremen (1-0). In the SMFA Shield, Daniel Walmsley's men progressed into the next Round with a tie against Brazilian outfit Santos to look forward to.

Marin.jpg

Meanwhile, Bayern Munchen chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge insists the club haven't let up in their pursuit of a more German looking squad with the club admitting interest in German pair Marko Marin (Shahktar) and Mesut Ozil (Werder) earlier today. It is believed that Shakhtar are more likely to part with their youngster and negiotations were opened by Bayern this morning...

Sorry about a lack of Match reports on my behalf over the last week guys, i've been really busy with work and so on. I will include individual match reports and an updated league table in my next post later in the week!

Also Stuttgart AND Wolfsburg came unmanaged this morning on job offer, lets try and get 2 more commited and regular match reporters into this setup if we can as both clubs have great squads...

Schalke Win 1-0 Against Karlsruher SC. Costa Scored The Goal In The 87th Minute. Osman Injured For 6 Days, Which Will Give Giulano His First Start. New Signing Ben Arfa Will Get His Schalke Debut Against Wolfsburg On Wednesday.

I Might Do A M/R Tomorrow If I Have Time. :)

Bayer Leverkusen 3 - 2 Hamburger SV

Half Time: (1 - 2)

-------------------------

R.OLIVEIRA 18

A.SHERIEV 68

J.FÉRET 86

-------------------------

J.PITROIPA 16

A.YARMOLENKO 30

After getting back on track in the league, and securing another win in the SMFA Champions Cup Hamburger boss Gary Townsend decided to give a few fringe players a run out in this German Shield 2nd Round clash with Bayer Leverkusen.

First Half

16 minutes gone and the lightning quick Jonathan PITROIPA bursts into the box and lashes home from 15-yards, the Burkina Faso winger celebrates with a dance round the corner flag.

2 minutes later and parity is restored, Ricardo OLIVEIRA slots it home after some neat footwork.

30 minutes and debutant Andriy YARMOLENKO beats two defenders and slots home a great solo effort.

Half Time - 1 - 2

Second Half

68 Minutes and Bayer Leverkusen force a corner which is whipped in with pace, Hamburger manage to clear it but only as far as Astemir SHERIEV who hits it on the half-volley into the roof of the net! 2 - 2, game on!

78 Minutes and a motionless Bayer Leverkusen defence look on as Guillaume HOARAU thinks he beat the offside trap, only for the linesman to raise his flag, terrible decision, Hamburger boss Gary Townsend gets sent to the stand for protesting, looking at the replay he had every right to be annoyed!

86 Minutes and a dangerous corner is whipped in and Julien FÉRET nods the ball home! 3 - 2

Final Whistle

Bayer Luverkusen progress to the next round.

Im On The Lookout For A CB. Under 30. I Can Offer Jagielka + Gonzalez (78) (First Team Player For LA Galaxy And Will Rise By At Least 4!)

Ive Made A Few Bids, So If You Have One, Please Respond As Soon As Possible. :) If You Want To Sell A CB For That, Please PM Me On Game. :)

87+ And Under The Age Of 30.

Stutgart and Wolfsburg up in the morning. Hoping we can get a good forumer in for a least one of them although both would be better!

Stuttgart:

Stuttgartsquad.jpg

Also have a 34 year old 87 winger out on loan (Martin Jorgenson), plus a small youth team of 6 players although i'm unfamiliar with any of them. 2nd in the league with 5 games gone 3 points behind my Bayern.

Wolfsburg:

Wolfsquad.jpg

Again a youth team of 14 although i don't recognize any of them. A fair few NMF but only 5 games in so nothing too much to worry about.

VFL Bochum 1 - 6 Hamburger SV

Half Time: (0 - 4)

---------------------------

D.KLIMOWICZ 67

---------------------------

N.DE JONG 17

G.HOARAU 18, 35

M.PETRIC 37

G.DEMEL 57

R.ALVARO RUBIO 79

Hamburger smash 6 past VFL Bochum!

First Half Highlights

17: GOAL!! - Nigel DE JONG finishes neatly inside the box

18: GOAL!! - A cross from the right is headed home by Guillaume HOARAU!

35: GOAL!! - The flat-footed centre-back is caught out by a piece of pure genius from Guillaume HOARAU who shows great composure to finish!

37: GOAL!! - Mladen PETRIC hits a powerful shot in off the post!

Half Time: 0 - 4

Second Half Highlights

57: GOAL!! - The ball comes crashing back off the bar and falls to Guy DEMEL who taps in the easiest of chances!

60: RED CARD - A disgraceful tackle by David JAROLIM results in a red card

67: GOAL!! - Diego KLIMOWICZ finds himself in yards of space and he makes no mistake from 15 yards!

79: GOAL!! - Robles ALVARO RUBIO beats two defenders and slots home a great solo effort!

Full Time: 1 - 6

Match Stats

Possession: 35% - 65%

Total Shots: 13 - 30

On Target: 7 - 20

Corners: 5 - 9

Yellow Cards: 2 - 1

Red Cards: 0 - 1

On a sour note David JAROLIM will now serve 3 Match Domestic Ban.

260px-SS_Lazio.png

Juan Gets The Goal That Mata-s!!

A late goal from Juan Mata last night saw Lazio snatch a home win in an even contest last night against Barry Golden's Fiorentina side, the side from the capital edging a tight but entertaining encounter 3-2, overtaking them in the process, and also capitalising on Napoli's 3-3 draw with Milan to take a slender early lead of 2 points at the summit of Serie 'A'.

The game, in which there were no fewer than 54 shots on goal in total, had everything.

The home fans were stunned into silence early on, Halil Altintop firing home from a long ball after only 2 minutes. The game was end to end from the start, the next goal being crucial and it duly came on 16 mins, Juan Arango poking home at the second time of asking. Sloppy finishing from both sides, coupled with some inspired defending at times meant that despite the amount of goalmouth action the game was level at half-time.

The second half started in much the same fashion as the first, end to end with both sides having chances but it was 5 minutes into the second period that Lazio found the breakthrough, Dan Van Buyten with a superb back post diving header to put Lazio 2-1 up.

Then, a moment of madness from the Belgian defender on 57 minutes, putting in an awful challenge on the opposition player and even though he was booked earlier in the game, it didn't matter as the ref deemed it a straight red on its own and he now misses the next 3 games.

DanielVanBuyten_567102.jpg

An eventful game for the Belgian Centre Back Van Buyten sees him score..... Then get sent off!

It didn't take Fiorentina long to capitalise on the man advantage, just 4 minutes later Altintop bagged his second to make it 2-2, A slick passing move finished off by the striker for his 4th in 5 games this season. The momentum was well and truly with Fiorentina at this point, they were battering the Lazio defence, but again good defending coupled with bad finishing kept the game level until the 80th minute, where fan's favourite Mata netted his first of the season, waltzing through the defence and stroking home the winner to the absoloute joy of the Lazio faithful.

267811.png

Juan Mata - the future of Lazio? The fans seem to think so.

Johnson said after the game that although his side rode their luck at times, it could have been any score.

"In all fairness it could have been 9-8 to either side. Great entertainment for the fans, but as a manager it's a bloody nightmare!

I think Fiorentina were unlucky and provided us with a good test, but the character we showed after being down to 10 men then pegged back to 2-2 to win the game I was delighted with.

I was expecting them to go for the jugular but Juan's came up trumps at exactly the right time. The fans love him, he's a popular member of the squad and you see him in training and you know you've got something special, some of the things he's capable of are beyond belief.

Not to take away from the rest of the team though, Juan will get all the headlines and that's natural, but there were some outstanding performances out there tonight, Arango in particular was immense"

When asked about the sending off Johnson was honest and frank about it:

"To be fair it was deserved, I'm not going to say I didn't see it or the ref got it wrong, but that's what you get from Dan, he plays with his heart on his sleeve and puts everything into every header and challenge he puts in. Occasionally he's gonna be late into one, and it does look ugly, but luckily their player is ok and he went and apologised straight after the game which shows the measure of the guy. He's not malicious, he's a warrior and to take that streak away from his game would be stupid, you've got to take the rough with the smooth. We'll miss him, but we've got some quality backup so I'm not overly concerned"

Next up for Johnson's side is a trip to Livorno, a game already being touted in the media as 3 points to Lazio, but Johnson is taking nothing for granted:

"The biggest sin you can commit in football is becoming complacent, we've had a good start to the season, but no game will be taken for granted by me or anyone else at this football club, as was shown tonight. It would have been easy for us after the sending off to sit back and try and hold on for the 2-1, and at 2-2 we could have settled for a point but that's not the way I or the players like to work. If any complacency does slip in, there will be changes. No-one is assured of their place in the side and that's always a good thing as the competition for places is bringing out the best in the players."

Johnson's work ethic seems to have rubbed off on his side up to now, but can they sustain it for the season and upset the elite? Only time will tell but the early signs look promising.

2wqcphw.jpg

l_630.gif

43_front_small.png180_1254930198.jpg88_front_small.png

Ajax creep past un-managed Feyenoord

180_1254930198.jpgAjax 2-1 Feyenoord192_1190366647.gif

Bukharov (21)

Schechter (64)

Huddlestone (68)

Tom-Huddlestone-001.jpg

(Fitting in well: Englishmen Tom Huddlestone bags the winner.)

Ajax last night came out 2-1 winners over a possible Feyenoord side that does have the ability to be right up there with the likes of Ajax and PSV. Ajax took the lead on the 21st minute, after many failed attempts Aleksandr Bukharov finally got his name on the score sheet after a well hit shot flew past the Feyenoord keeper. After the break Ajax seemed to let off the steam abit and it wasn't long before Feyenoord levelled, Schechter running through the Ajax defence and slotting past an unfortunate Pele. This game was then done and dusted, John Carew dribbled into the area before teeing up Tom Huddlestone, who drills home a low shot past the unsighted keeper for the perfect finish, surely 3 points were wrapped up now. Ajax then held on to clinch a vital 3 points in their title race to be back to back Eredivisie champions, Ajax are now 3 points clear of PSV and more worries for Feyenoord as they are still managerless, a new manager on the scene? Who knows.

5604_1239462634.jpg

Ajax goalkeeper Yohann Pele earned the Eredivise MoM award last night, making some great stops in the Ajax goal to deny opponents Feyenoord who threatened throughout. The 27 year old still showing he has things to offer Ajax even though new goalkeeper Cesar Sanchez was sign and expected to be Pele's replacement.

Schalke Beat Wolfsburg 2-0 Thanks To A Dzeko Double. :)

Sorry Guys For Not Making Match Reports, Ive Been Busy As Of Late With School, And Homework Is Starting To Pile Up. I Have No Problem With Doing Them On The Weekends Though. ;)

BayernGC50Banner.png

BayernHome.jpgBundesliga-1.gifBayernAway.jpg

League Win. Cup Defeat.

FortunaD.gif2 - 0 BayernM.jpg

Fixture: German Shield Round 2 - Fortuna Dusseldorf

Venue: LTU Arena (29,314)

MoM: Kostas Fliskas

Bayern Scorers: N/a

Despite beating this same team 4-0 in the league just days earlier Bayern were dumped out prematurely in the German Shield courtesy of a 2-0 defeat at the LFU Arena. Bayern sent their second string out who should have been good enough to get the job done and none of those players have done their claim to a first-team oppurtunity much good after this performance...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

BayernM.jpg 2 - 0 KarlsruherSC.gif

Fixture: Division 1 - Bayern Munchen Vs Karlsruher SC

Venue: Allianz Arena (69,277)

MoM: Ribas Diego

Bayern Scorers: Diego Forlan (39), Ribas Diego (79)

Back on track in the league with the first-team showing the reserves how it is done. The two Diego's grabbing the goals! Next up is a tough trip to Bayer Leverkusen.

With 6 games in, here is how the league table looks in Germany:

GermanLeague.jpg

29507.gif&usg=AFQjCNFK_XNtxUXtPmCiB8Fhe-6TrKvtcw

GADGA TAKES BOCHUM ROLE

Scotsman Gadga has agreed a 1 yr deal to become VFL BOCHUMS latest manager, Gadga arrived around 10pm tonite and demanded all players to be at the training ground to watch a video of weds 6-1 defeat to Hamburger, while i was on the plane flying here i watched the video and was shocked, that as got to change straight away stated gagda... I'm not to happy with the current squad and want to change the squad as soon as i can, already i've put in a few bids.. My first match in charge is against Werder Bremen and we will be looking for all 3 points as we want to maintain a title challenge, at the moment we sit in 5th spot but the season is still early doors..