Gold Championship 50 - Match Report / Transfers Thread

WillC

Re: Gold Championship 50 - Match Report / Transfers Thread

SSLazio.png

Lazio have got their season back on track following a 2-1 home victory over AS Roma and then an impressive 1-0 away win at The San Siro against Milan. It was the first time this season the club had the chance to play every player in the right position and these results showed why the club is still after European football next season.

No new faces yet as the club continues to bide its time for the right player to become available.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

United show they mean business

49_1204432433.gif

Manchester United showed their intent in the EPL tonight with a thumping 8-0 win against Everton at Goodison Park. Emanuel Adebayor was the hero, the ex-Arsenal man bagging 4 goals, including two in the last 10 minutes. New signing Vedran Corluka scored his first goal for the club, with the others coming from Samir Nasi, Anderson & Michael Carrick.

This is the latest win in a very good run for United, which has seen them win 7 and draw 2 since their opening day defeat to Liverpool. They lie top of their Chapions Cup group and 2nd in the EPL, behind leaders Newcastle United. They face Sunderland next and will be looking to hit the top as soon as possible.

l_625.gif

22_front_small.gif391_1223654139.jpg1_front_small-2.gif

Bayern Munchen 1-0 Borussia Dortmund

Rhys Hunt's men lined up against Borussia tonight and it wasn't the most exciting game ever but young Brazilian Rocha Adi scores on his debut in the 10th minute and that turned out to be enough for Bayern to win the game.

goalbayern.jpg

(Bayern celebrating Adi's goal)

The down points to this match were the long term injuries to star man Cristiano Ronaldo who is out for six weeks after a chest injury and Bayern's hardman Mark Van Bommel is also out for 5 weeks after a back strain.

After the game Rhys Hunt blasted Dortmund's manager and players for deliberatley targeting C.Ronaldo in an attempt to get him out of the game, he had this to say "Just because he is the best don't kick him, admire him!".

Injuries:

ronaldosmall.jpg2769_1209755861.jpg

268_front_small.gif139_1195931882.gif3_front_small.gif

Transfers In

Atletico have brought in 13 players so far and have spent a total of £24.8 million. The biggest signing was 23 year old central defender Matheu who signed from Cagliari for £8.8 million.

Atleticotransfersin.jpg

Transfers Out

Atletico haven't sold anybody so far and Redstall released a statement regarding the matter.

We have no need to sell players, we have a brilliant squad and although i stated players could leave, nobody has given a suitable offer. I said in previous statements that Aguero wouldn't be leaving and we have had some superb offers for him but i have stuck by my decision to keep him hear. He is our captain and he can lead us to future success and silverware.

Match Results

Atletico have been playing quite well so far this season and have won 7, drawn 4 and lost only 2.

Their best result so far was the 4-1 friendly win over Bayern Munchun, although it was during a time that Bayern were unmanaged.

The most embarrassing result was the 4-0 loss to Sevilla, which is still their only league loss.

Star Man

Aguero is the clubs top scorer. He has scored 4 goals in 6 appearences and has responded well to the pressure of being captain.

aguero300907.jpg

Aguero has been playing well since getting the captains armband.

SMFA Cup Group F

Atleticogrouptable.jpg

Atletico currently lie second place in the group after a 1-0 victory over Celtic followed by a dissapointing 3-2 defeat to Bayern Munchun.

They are aiming to progress far in the competition and need a win against Porto on the 2nd of January.

Spanish Division 1

Altetico have been forced to play the reserves on a number of occassions in the league die to them concentrating on cup competitions. However they are still doing well in the league and are only 2 points off the top spot.

Atleticogrouptable-1.jpg

With a good winning streak, Atletico could find themselves going strong in all four competitions.

SSLazio.png

Lazio 3 - 1 Chievo

Lazio continued their journey back up the table following a dissappointing start to the season with a comfortable 3-1 victory against Chievo. 2 goals from Stefan Kiessling and 1 from Lassana Diarra were enough although S. Pellissier pulled one back for the away side.

The league table currently looks like this

LazioTable.jpg

Lazio are still aiming high now that the first team is sorted but more players are needed for depth. The club can confirm that a bid has been placed for an unnamed player.

You definately need more depth you have like 12 good players in your senior squad and you must make your subs up from your 75's and stuff from your youth squad! lol

It's no biggy really when i have an 80k + stadium i can sign a decent 88 prospect after every 3 home games. My plan was to throw the cups this season anyway so i only needed a small squad to qualify for europe. The aim was too get as many 90+ players while managers are still willing to give them at the start of the season and the go after 88 youth. Will have a big enough team next season to go after the league title and cups. Have some good young 90's

Garay, Castro, Alder, Kiessling, Vargas, Diarra, Jo + Zarate

I can swap my older 90's Suazo, Doni, Cesar + Fernando before their respective rating changes for younger 90's with a bit of cash and then i will have some great young 90's to go with my 88 rated prospects (when i sign them)

Don't worry about Lazio we will be fine :D :D

It's no biggy really when i have an 80k + stadium i can sign a decent 88 prospect after every 3 home games. My plan was to throw the cups this season anyway so i only needed a small squad to qualify for europe. The aim was too get as many 90+ players while managers are still willing to give them at the start of the season and the go after 88 youth. Will have a big enough team next season to go after the league title and cups. Have some good young 90's

Garay' date=' Castro, Alder, Kiessling, Vargas, Diarra, Jo + Zarate

I can swap my older 90's Suazo, Doni, Cesar + Fernando before their respective rating changes for younger 90's with a bit of cash and then i will have some great young 90's to go with my 88 rated prospects (when i sign them)

Don't worry about Lazio we will be fine :D :D[/quote']

You also have fossills like Cesar & Doni...it's easy making the money but if you think you will be able to sign an 88 every 3 weeks you are mistaken - and that isn't taking into account the fact that there are plenty of other clubs who will make similiar amounts of cash and go in for these players (mine included)

personally think you've gone about it entirely the wrong way but I guess time will tell B)

You also have fossills like Cesar & Doni...it's easy making the money but if you think you will be able to sign an 88 every 3 weeks you are mistaken - and that isn't taking into account the fact that there are plenty of other clubs who will make similiar amounts of cash and go in for these players (mine included)

personally think you've gone about it entirely the wrong way but I guess time will tell B)

If i can sign Ederson + Allefay for cash only in other gc's 2 seasons in i think i can flog doni and cesar with cash for the same rating without a single problem. You've just got to have a sharp eye and know who in the setup is willing to do these deals. In fact, i already have deals pretty much sealed for cesar and doni for players with the same rating but younger so don't worry about them. Jo is also signed and sealed as he is hopeless.

I am certainly not mistaken about picking up young 88 prospects as history in gc's has proven for me. I guess i'm just looking in the right places compared to you and the rest of the setup as there is always a handful available at such as early stage for me. If you look right now jacko you will find 2 great prospects in the same team that are due rating increases to around the 89 mark that are not on your shortlist.

While i have alot of respect for all of the forumers on here with their knowledge of players and the game i've found my own method which is very different from most players very successful and the success i've had in my short time on the game proves this (to me anyway!) with 4 league titles, 1 2nd and an all time low of third placed when i joined halfway through the season in 7th i'd say i've done o.k up until now

I've also found working on a small number of clubs in closer detail rather than going for 15+ (even 30!) clubs has helped me spot things that many other managers have missed

Cardiff City News

18_1216254515.jpgCardiff City 2-1 Nottingham Forest55_1203646337.gif

J.BOTHROYD (70)

G.MOUSSI (83)

R.MCCORMACK (89)

A late show from the Cardiff City players stole the win for the Bluebirds at Ninian Park on Saturady night. The first half was a scrapy one and nother of the teams were playing well. Both were failing to create chances, giving the ball away cheaply and playing some really blad football. They went intot he break at half time with the score still at 0-0.

The second half did start a bit differently. Nottingham Forest began to make some really attacking moves and Nottingham striker Moussi, really began to trouble the Cardiff defence. No the other hand Cardiff were attacking on the break but failed to do any substaicial damage. Stephen Mcphail came close to scoring on the break but he was denied by a great save from the keeper. But in the 70th minute, much against the run of play, Jay Bothroyd, headed in a great cross from Ross McCormack to give the Bluebirds a 1-0 lead.

_44953793_fbe4dc33-5a03-438c-8913-b8585f6d331a.jpg

(Bothroyd celebrating Cardiff's opener !!!)

After the goal the game turned on its head and all of a suddewn it was Cardiff domionating proceedings. Wave after wave of attck fornt he Cardiff player forced keerper Nèstor Muslera to make some great saves to keep Nottingham in the game. Finally in the 82nd minute Nottingham got the equalizer.Nottingham caught Cardiff on the counter, Lee Martin tore down the right flank and delivered a brilliant cross right at the head of the waiting Moussi who headed home majestically, silencing 17,541 fans at Nittin Park !!!

stoke_lee_martin_03_293x470.jpg

(Lee Martin: The cause of Cardiff's problems)

But the game was far from over in a last gasp attempt Ross McCormack, charged down the left flank and smashed the ball goalwards. The ball thundered intot he goal off the far post, securing three votal points for Cardiff City. Unfortunately McCormack injured himself during the attemot the score and will be out of about one and a half weeks!!!

2096144226_b16f04f7f0.jpg

(Ross McCormack: Celebrating Cardiff's late winner !!!)

This is what manager Rishabh Desai had to say after the game:"Well, we showed great spirt out there. Even when things were not going our way we got the goal. We never gave up even after Nottingham equalized and got the all important winner. I hope we can maintain this great spirit and keep the wins coming!!!"

If i can sign Ederson + Allefay for cash only in other gc's 2 seasons in i think i can flog doni and cesar with cash for the same rating without a single problem. You've just got to have a sharp eye and know who in the setup is willing to do these deals. In fact' date=' i already have deals pretty much sealed for cesar and doni for players with the same rating but younger so don't worry about them. Jo is also signed and sealed as he is hopeless.

I am certainly not mistaken about picking up young 88 prospects as history in gc's has proven for me. I guess i'm just looking in the right places compared to you and the rest of the setup as there is always a handful available at such as early stage for me. If you look right now jacko you will find 2 great prospects in the same team that are due rating increases to around the 89 mark that are not on your shortlist.

While i have alot of respect for all of the forumers on here with their knowledge of players and the game i've found my own method which is very different from most players very successful and the success i've had in my short time on the game proves this (to me anyway!) with 4 league titles, 1 2nd and an all time low of third placed when i joined halfway through the season in 7th i'd say i've done o.k up until now

I've also found working on a small number of clubs in closer detail rather than going for 15+ (even 30!) clubs has helped me spot things that many other managers have missed[/quote']

Just because they aren't on my shortlist doesn't mean I haven't seen them ;)

Good luck to you - we all have our own methods and I'll be interested to see how it works out. I just think going in with such a small squad is a touch suicidal :D

I took Lazio in GC52 so it will be interesting to see how we both do with identical resources - I'm winning so far :P

Good luck to you - we all have our own methods and I'll be interested to see how it works out. I just think going in with such a small squad is a touch suicidal :D

I took Lazio in GC52 so it will be interesting to see how we both do with identical resources - I'm winning so far :P

Just means your probably the better manager ;)

Ok fair point but there are many 90's available right now that you can bid on and i haven't seen you register a bid either

Thanks, i'm sure i will do fine as i have with every other team i've been with and i can understand where your coming from, i agree i have a small squad but as i've said this is a proven method for me and while i still get a good level of success in season 1 it's only in season 2 and onwards when i start to reap massive rewards as i add to the squad which i will be later on today hopefully.

Goodluck with your gc52 lazio, i have seen your good start and your team and while your team is better in depth i think my first 11 beats you in every spot on the pitch and the 87's 88's you have in your 2nd team are players that can easily and quickly be acquired in a couple of months for my gc53 team, which will then allow me to overtake you :P Now my first 11 is sorted the results have shown with wins over milan, roma and Chievo!

Goodluck and watch my progress :D

Just means your probably the better manager ;)

While your support is nice, there is no need for the brownie point scoring. While i agree jacko is a good manager there really is noway we can compare who is the better manager. I have been successful with every team i've been with on my short time on this game and i'm sure jacko has too but i have alot less teams...

Ok fair point but there are many 90's available right now that you can bid on and i haven't seen you register a bid either

Thanks' date=' i'm sure i will do fine as i have with every other team i've been with and i can understand where your coming from, i agree i have a small squad but as i've said this is a proven method for me and while i still get a good level of success in season 1 it's only in season 2 and onwards when i start to reap massive rewards as i add to the squad which i will be later on today hopefully.

Goodluck with your gc52 lazio, i have seen your good start and your team and while your team is better in depth i think my first 11 beats you in every spot on the pitch and the 87's 88's you have in your 2nd team are players that can easily and quickly be acquired in a couple of months for my gc53 team, which will then allow me to overtake you :P Now my first 11 is sorted the results have shown with wins over milan, roma and Chievo!

Goodluck and watch my progress :D[/quote']

The lack of bids would be because I am short on cash having broken the bank to get Defour :-P

gc50matchbannernoborder.jpg

l_625.gif

22_front_small.gif391_1223654139.jpg1_front_small-2.gif

Bayern Munchen vs Hannover 96

Rhys Hunt's Bayern Munchen lined up against Hannover 96 tonight on Christmas Eve, But they were without two influential players in C.Ronaldo and M.Van Bommel who are both out with long term injuries. The match turned out to be an early x-mas present for Hunt after his team ran out 7-0 winners in an enfatic win!

The first 20 minutes were quiet but then soon after was when the flood gates opened for Bayern with Big Striker Luca Toni bagging two goals on 26 and 34 minutes.

luca_toni_fcn_468x345.jpg

(Luca Toni celebrating another two of his trademark strikes)

Darren Bent was the star of the show bagging himself 4 goals on a rare start for him at Bayern, his goals came on 42, 49, 53, 75 with the pick of his goals came in the 20th minute after he drove the ball into the bottom corner from 20 yards out.

darrenbent.jpg

(The former Tottenham man was the star of the show for Bayern tonight)

Dutch star Klaas-Jan Huntelaar scored on his debut in the 72nd minute after capitalisy on a poor clearance from the Hannover keeper and this just topped of an amazing Christmas Eve victory for Bayern.

_44474545_bayern.jpg

(Rhys Hunt and his staff celebrated Huntelaar's goal)

Bayern Munchen now sit 2nd in the Bundesliga, they are 1 point behind leaders Stuttgart and are in a good position and are where or where abouts manager Rhys Hunt wanted them to be at this stage of the season. Hunt's next match is against Bayer Levekusen which Hunt has said will be a very tough test for his side.

bayerntable.jpg

46_1192906906.gif

Maccelsfield Town(The News!)

Macelsfield Town Appiontet Unemployed Manager Nick Justice as there new Head Coach just 5 Games Ago. He Has Took Maccelsfield Town upto 2nd in the League Just behind League Leaders Wrexham, There is a minimul number of only 2 Points Between 1st and 2nd having Said That Tonight Maccelsfield Face a Strong Stevanage Borough Tonight, the Kick ff get underway soon. For Tonights Game Maccelsfield Town ill be without Australlian Player Evan Berger, who is out for a total of 3 weeks with a Gashed Head after his Siwtch from Melbourne Victroy Just a couple weeks ago. In Form Striker Noble-Lazuares the 15 year old on-loan from Manchester City has scored a whooping 7 goals in only 3 games hes played for Maccelsfield Town. Also Nick 's Side played a 2 legged Friendly with Spanish Giants Athletico Madrid for Charity which riased alot but the scores were 9-0 and 4-0 to Athletico Madrid so in total 13-0 which was really exspected as Athletico Fielded a World Class Side.

0,,10309~3760859,00.jpg

(Is on Fine Form with 7 Goals in 3 Games for Maccelsfield Town)

Maccelsfield Town have Signed a Couple Players Reccently all in all including loans 6 players new at Maccelsfield So Far 3 on-loan and 3 are perminante. The Signings of Youngstars Noble-Lazaures , Gavin Hoyte and Sergio Keko all on Loan for the Season and possibly longer. Were as Chris Hackett from Millawall, evan Berger from Melbourne Victory and Shaun Cummings from Milton Keyens dons are all perminante moves.

(Chris Hackett One of many to join Maccelsfield Town)

Vetran Striker Simon Yeo has been on fine Form also for Maccelsfield and has set a sample to young 15 year old Strike Partner Noble-Lazures. Simon said this on Noble " Well bing 35 myself many players have teamed up with me but this Kid looks the most Promising of them at just 15 he is so talented and its a pleasure to work with and you wouldnt be able to tell hes 19 years younger than me he doesntever under perfrom he has been great for Us this season and i hope he continues to do even better."

C_71_article_1051495_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

(Simon Yeo Talks bout Noble-Lazaures)

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Grrr... I lost to Bayer Levekusen 2-0, I was 2nd with Bayern now I'm 4th and 4 points off the leader Stuttgart..

Looking to bounce back in the cup against Hoffenheim and then take whoever stands in my way in the league as thats my main objective!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Grrr... I lost to Bayer Levekusen 2-0' date=' I was 2nd with Bayern now I'm 4th and 4 points off the leader Stuttgart..

Looking to bounce back in the cup against Hoffenheim and then take whoever stands in my way in the league as thats my main objective![/quote']

9-1!!! Kuranyi scored 5 goals! (i think) Buy Him Now! a 90+ CF and a CB! :P

SSLazio.png

Lazio have stormed into a Champs Shield position following another two victories, 2-0 away to Genoa and 5-0 at home against Palermo.

Dan Walmsley spoke briefly to the media 'The bad start to the season is well and truly behind us and we are now focusing on making a Champs cup spot as a win in the next game can put us in that position and if we can be very lucky and stay clear of any bad injuries and suspensions then we could even challenge for the title this season - a year earlier than i had expected. We are out of both cups now which realistically is good news for our league ambitions this season but we will have the squad to compete on more fronts next season!'

Lazio have confirmed they are closely tracking several players and money is available to spend but only for the right player and as such it is unknown when anymore transfers can be conducted...

gc50matchbannernoborder.jpg

l_625.gif

Bayern20Munich_home.pngBayern20Munich.pngBayern20Munich_away.png

Bayern squeeze past Arminia Bielefeld to grab 3rd

Bayern tonight managed to get past Arminia Bielefeld after a very hard fought match from both sides. The final score was 4-3, Englishmen Darren Bent bagged another two goals making it 6 goals in two games and big Italian Luca Toni also grabbed himself two goals taking his tally in the league to 6.

Rhys Hunt has said his side need to improve in their performances to win the league and Hunt has also expressed his anger at two of his players who were sent off for kicking out at the opposition, the players were James Milner and Left Back Phillip Lahm who recieved his second red of the season.

Bayern now sit third in the table four points behind leaders Stuttgart. Hunt's next match with Bayern is in two days against Scottish side Celtic in the champions league group stage. Hunt hopes to take all 3 points against Celtic and sit top of the group.

Ajax_logo.jpg

Ajax tonight edged a step closer to SMFA Shield by beat Everton 2-0 at mersyside. Not much action in the 1st half but lots more action in the 2nd half. On the 71stMinute Bruno Silva scored a rare headed goal. Then Ari made it 2-0 and surely sealed the win for Ajax and gave them full advantage going home in the 2nd leg. There were chances for Everton to pull a goal back but Louis Saha and Geraldo Wendel failed to hit the target. In the end it was a deserved win for Ajax at Goodison Park and Ajax manager Jake A had to say this "My Ajax are on great form going into the clash with PSV on Saturday." he also said "He is starting to use his youth squad more often now than he usually does because theyve fitted in well quick."

Bayern20Munich.png

My lads made light work of Celtic beating them 3-0 even with the cup side out (reserves), i'm second in Group E 3 points behind Porto who i've got next and look to beat them obviously :D Full strength team is out for tomorrow's league game with Karlsruher SC.

Archived