Stressfully Amusing Injury

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: Stressfully Amusing Injury

You are more than welcome to come up with a list(s) of various football related injuries and then suggest a min and max length of time they could be out with that specific injury.

If there are any good suggestions then we will look into possibly adding them into the game and changing what is currently in place :) .

So are you complaining that your player is out for three weeks or that he's bruised his head and you think that isn't something that warrants a 3 week absence?

It can be serious:

A typical bruise is a contusion caused by traces of blood escaping from small vessels that lie close to the skin's surface. Since our blood vessels become more fragile with age, the elderly tend to bruise easier than healthy adults and children. Conversely, if a child sustains excessive bruising, it may be an indication of a more serious injury and should be treated accordingly.

If the bruise is on the victim's head, he may've have sustained and should be checked for head trauma.

To reduce the bump and minimize the pain, have the victim elevate the injured area and apply a commercial ice pack or ice cubes wrapped in a towel for 30 to 45 minutes. Depending on the extent of the injury, this process should be repeated for a few days or until the swelling and the pain begin to dissipate.

I don't see what your point is.

Yeah well when one of my friends got a (rather bad) bump on his head playing football, he ended up in the hospital and didn't really recover for a few weeks.

And either way the article said depending on the extent of the injury. Hamsik here could of burst a few blood vessels and actually need a few weeks out too.

But anyway, I'm not really bothered by the types of injuries.

did he have concussion by any chance, He might of Bumped his head but i doubt it was Bruising that made him go to Hospital. His head might of "bruised" but bursting a few blood capillairies is nothing serious.

I dont care to much, just dont understand why they ever implemented such unrealistic and weird injuries in the first place.

Yeah well when one of my friends got a (rather bad) bump on his head playing football' date=' he ended up in the hospital and didn't really recover for a few weeks.

And either way the article said depending on the extent of the injury. Hamsik here could of burst a few blood vessels and actually need a few weeks out too.

But anyway, I'm not really bothered by the types of injuries.[/quote']

Yer but then it should say Badly Bruised, or Severely Bruised head.

Bruised head for 3 weeks is a little bit ridiculous.

SM Dev, I'd do a list of injuries with a couple of mates if you'd implement it :P

What sort of format do you want it in?

a list of injuries and time lengthes?

i.e.

Sprained Ankle - 6 - 10 days (approx)

Cheers :P

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Yer but then it should say Badly Bruised' date=' or Severely Bruised head.

Bruised head for 3 weeks is a little bit ridiculous.[/quote']

It is just the injury which is used and it could stated another injury but the fact would remain he is still out for 3 weeks :) .

SM Dev' date=' I'd do a list of injuries with a couple of mates if you'd implement it :P

What sort of format do you want it in?

a list of injuries and time lengthes?

i.e.

Sprained Ankle - 6 - 10 days (approx)

Cheers :P[/quote']

Feel free to email it to support@soccermanger.com and put in the subject title injuries or similar.

I definitely agree with you Mr. Wombat. I think the current system of injuries is shocking, not really because of the length of time but because of the realism i mean some injuries in the game take too long to heal for what they are and others don't take long enough. This is something that would be quite easy to make realistic but currently SM are failing on this. :(

You are more than welcome to come up with a list(s) of various football related injuries and then suggest a min and max length of time they could be out with that specific injury.

If there are any good suggestions then we will look into possibly adding them into the game and changing what is currently in place :) .

I think i might just do that. ;)

diego-1.jpg

this has to be the most ridicolous one so far... now i lose my best player for 4 weeks for something comparable to cutting yourself with a razor? silly, really.

how about a complete revamp of the injury engine so we have "player out for 8 weeks for getting kicked in the groin" or "player out for 10 days for being called a idiot" ?

OR:

how about getting rid of unrealistic scenarios and keeping the REAL injuries?

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

diego-1.jpg

this has to be the most ridicolous one so far... now i lose my best player for 4 weeks for something comparable to cutting yourself with a razor? silly' date=' really.

how about a complete revamp of the injury engine so we have "player out for 8 weeks for getting kicked in the groin" or "player out for 10 days for being called a idiot" ?

OR:

how about getting rid of unrealistic scenarios and keeping the REAL injuries?[/quote']

As I have already suggested please feel free to email support@soccermanager.com with your suggestions as that would be more helpful than the above post ;) .

I have also deleted the last half dozen posts as they are not constructive whatsoever. If any of you find a problem within the game that you believe you could help change/improve then feel free to offer a solution that is constructive like what irishwombat is currently doing :) .

Personally i don't care what my player are out with because its obviously random and it is a game after all.

One thing i will say for those amoungst us driven by the single goal of trying to make SM as realistic as possible, is that seasons are shorter on SM than in "real life," so theoretically, recovery time should also be shorter too, meaning that even serious injuries should only keep a player out for about 6 weeks, with the worst possible realistic injury (pressumably a properly mucked up knee? any doctors help me out there? lol) keeping a player out for 3-4 months.

But as i say, I don't really mind what happens 'cos it's the same for everyone.

tbh people, i think you should stop mouning about this, and have a look at the more important things that need improving. What would you rather have, realistic injury names, or the new advanced tactics, i know what i would prefer.

I mean, a player out for 4 weeks because of a bruised head and a player out for 4 weeks for a broken leg is still out for the same time. Now thats the important thing, when he is fit, not what his injury is. well not until the other more important improvements have been made.

tbh people' date=' i think you should stop mouning about this, and have a look at the more important things that need improving. What would you rather have, realistic injury names, or the new advanced tactics, i know what i would prefer.

I mean, a player out for 4 weeks because of a bruised head and a player out for 4 weeks for a broken leg is still out for the same time. Now thats the important thing, when he is fit, not what his injury is. well not until the other more important improvements have been made.[/quote']

Well. just because we're talking about this doesn't mean we're not bothered about the tactics as well... It all adds to the realism of the game.

Here's a suggestion... how about halving the length of time players are injured for?

If a player gets say a hamstring injury and misses 3 weeks in real life, he misses on average 3 league games plus maybe a cup game or 2.

If a player gets that injury on SM, it's 6 league games plus up to 6 cup games too (more than double the amount it would be in real life).

That means the average injury on SM hurts a team twice as badly as it would in real life. SM injury lengths need adjusting to reflect the number of games a player should miss in real life, NOT just the number of days/weeks it should take to recover.

FYI

Players don't miss half a season with a broken wrist.

When, oh when are we going to have realistic recovery times for injuries....???

What you need to realise is that one week in game time, is the equivelant of 2 weeks in the real world....In the real world teams generally play ONE league game a week. In here we play two.

So, why don't you just replace "Weeks" with "turns", when it comes to recovery times?

A broken wrist, 9 turns....thats the eqivalent o 9 games in the real world....more realistic, A broken wrist at 9 WEEKS means 18 games missed....half a season. It's so far over the top it's almost a joke. Except it's not funny in the slightest.

Please, please, oh please...do something about this naive interpretation of injuries. It's ruining what is otherwise an excellent game.

Guest R. Peters

Re: FYI

Players don't miss half a season with a broken wrist.

When' date=' oh when are we going to have realistic recovery times for injuries....???

What you need to realise is that one week in game time, is the equivelant of 2 weeks in the real world....In the real world teams generally play ONE league game a week. In here we play two.

So, why don't you just replace "Weeks" with "turns", when it comes to recovery times?

A broken wrist, 9 turns....thats the eqivalent o 9 games in the real world....more realistic, A broken wrist at 9 WEEKS means 18 games missed....half a season. It's so far over the top it's almost a joke. Except it's not funny in the slightest.

Please, please, oh please...do something about this naive interpretation of injuries. It's ruining what is otherwise an excellent game.[/quote']

SM have already had numerous complaints about 'unrealistic injuries' suffering for so many turns, they are currently looking into it and improving the match-engine also for injuries.

Re: FYI

Alright ronmanager, please use the search engine

Its been discussed heavily on here, and a SM developer has said that whilst you might disagree with the injury's description that player was always going to be out for that amount of time ! the name of the injury at the moment has no bearing on how long they are out for i believe. So be it a broken leg or a wrist they were always going to miss half a season in your case. Suggestions have been sent in my forum members so hopefully we can see an improvement in this area as it wouldnt take much effort

regards :)