Sign in to follow this  
Gamj91

Man Utd

we all know man utd are a great footballing side. but watching the game against villa today and i couldnt help but notice alot of fairly silly decisions being made by the staff at united. For a long time now players such as john o'shea and park ji sung have been a part of this united team, when its queit clear they are simply not good enough! we may have won trophys here there and everywhere but i can assure you its not down to them. Today, both players started against villa, right back and right wing respectivly, why? when on the bench are rafael, anderson and nani, 3 much stronger players in all aspects of the game. Yes, anderson and nani played midweek for brazil and portugal, but that isnt an excuse not to play them, they are being paid huge amounts of money to be a part of that squad, so why play weaker players in their place's? the whole man utd side would have worked much better today if, giggs was replaced with anderson, park with nani and o'shea with rafael. And then when everything wasnt going too well, the subs that were made were ridiculous, tevez off for nani, when park is running around doing absolutely nothing. Then ronaldo off for anderson??, he may have been slightly injured, but a half fit ronaldo is better than a fully fit giggs, despite all the wonderful things he has done for the club, simple as. I do hope that they see sense soon and rid of players that are not good enough and start playing young hungry players that money was spent on and that are coming up through the ranks such as welbeck and rafael who was signed at 16 yrs old. Im not bothered what you may say to this, i just had to express what i felt.

Re: Man Utd

yeah your not wrong tbf, alot of talk was made that he would be just as good as ronaldo, but being realistic it was never going to happen, i think 1 more year and see what he can do at his best, if not, bye bye.

Guest Phill

I'd move Nani' date=' Park and O'Shea on to other clubs. The latter two are just so obviously not "Manchester United" players and I'm tired and fed up of waiting for Nani to blossom.[/quote']

Nani is just a showoff! he tries to do everything like Ronaldo...

And he CANT! he is even more of a showoff than Ronaldo unbeleivabley that means Nani is the Top Showoff in the world!!!

we all know man utd are a great footballing side. but watching the game against villa today and i couldnt help but notice alot of fairly silly decisions being made by the staff at united. For a long time now players such as john o'shea and park ji sung have been a part of this united team' date=' when its queit clear they are simply not good enough! we may have won trophys here there and everywhere but i can assure you its not down to them. Today, both players started against villa, right back and right wing respectivly, why? when on the bench are rafael, anderson and nani, 3 much stronger players in all aspects of the game. Yes, anderson and nani played midweek for brazil and portugal, but that isnt an excuse not to play them, they are being paid huge amounts of money to be a part of that squad, so why play weaker players in their place's? the whole man utd side would have worked much better today if, giggs was replaced with anderson, park with nani and o'shea with rafael. And then when everything wasnt going too well, the subs that were made were ridiculous, tevez off for nani, when park is running around doing absolutely nothing. Then ronaldo off for anderson??, he may have been slightly injured, but a half fit ronaldo is better than a fully fit giggs, despite all the wonderful things he has done for the club, simple as. I do hope that they see sense soon and rid of players that are not good enough and start playing young hungry players that money was spent on and that are coming up through the ranks such as welbeck and rafael who was signed at 16 yrs old. Im not bothered what you may say to this, i just had to express what i felt.[/quote']

excellent post, I always find it remarkable when someone can be wrong with everything they say.

Didnt O'shea and Park help win the double as early as last season?

Drawing away at Villa is not a bad result they are a very good side and have some excellent young fast players with a very strong DM and an excellent manager you cant win all games.

If Fergie kept Ronaldo on he would have been putting his future at risk, for 2 points? I dont think its worth the risk tbh. Obviously I dont like Ronaldo but I would not wish a bad injury on him

Nani - people were saying the "exact" same things about Ronaldo in his first 2 years

we all know man utd are a great footballing side. but watching the game against villa today and i couldnt help but notice alot of fairly silly decisions being made by the staff at united. For a long time now players such as john o'shea and park ji sung have been a part of this united team' date=' when its queit clear they are simply not good enough! we may have won trophys here there and everywhere but i can assure you its not down to them. Today, both players started against villa, right back and right wing respectivly, why? when on the bench are rafael, anderson and nani, 3 much stronger players in all aspects of the game. Yes, anderson and nani played midweek for brazil and portugal, but that isnt an excuse not to play them, they are being paid huge amounts of money to be a part of that squad, so why play weaker players in their place's? the whole man utd side would have worked much better today if, giggs was replaced with anderson, park with nani and o'shea with rafael. And then when everything wasnt going too well, the subs that were made were ridiculous, tevez off for nani, when park is running around doing absolutely nothing. Then ronaldo off for anderson??, he may have been slightly injured, but a half fit ronaldo is better than a fully fit giggs, despite all the wonderful things he has done for the club, simple as. I do hope that they see sense soon and rid of players that are not good enough and start playing young hungry players that money was spent on and that are coming up through the ranks such as welbeck and rafael who was signed at 16 yrs old. Im not bothered what you may say to this, i just had to express what i felt.[/quote']

I cannot help but disagree with alot that you have said here.

A injured Ronaldo is DEFINITELY not as good as a fully fit giggs. Giggs might be ageing, but he is not rubbish. He is a player who can add composure and experience into the team. For example, he came on and played very well when man utd were trailing 2-0 at the emirates.

Also, you are not Ferguson, he must have his reasons not to start anderson and nani and theres no need to declare them.

Meanwhile, Rafael is still very young and he might not be able to cope with the pressure in a hostile away environment. He needs some more time to mature and get more experience before he can make it into the main starting XI. Right now, Fergie is giving him the chance by giving him several substitute appearances along the way.

Finally, its not as easy as said to get rid of fringe players and better ones into the team. fyi, Park and o'shea are not useless, they are still part of the squad that won the double last season...

I can understand your fustration that Man Utd failed to get the chance to cut the lead at the top of the table. But considering the fact that Aston Villa is NOT a weak side and they have been playing very defensively, its not exactly such an insult to drop 2 points there. Every club will drop points some time during the season, theres no need to panic and complain of individual players just due to a bad game.

gamj91, Anderson and Nani travelled 12,000 miles in total in the space of what, 3 days?

How can you expect them to survive a whole match?

You seem like a really disgruntled United fan who can't stand the fact that they couldn't beat Villa. Get over it. You've spilled your fair share of nonsense in that post.

agree with the original poster, I think Park is there only for marketing purposes. And the fact that Man U play many teams a season that are of a much poorer quality allows them to forego a true player and play him instead.

Didnt O'shea and Park help win the double as early as last season?

Drawing away at Villa is not a bad result they are a very good side and have some excellent young fast players with a very strong DM and an excellent manager you cant win all games.

If Fergie kept Ronaldo on he would have been putting his future at risk' date=' for 2 points? I dont think its worth the risk tbh. Obviously I dont like Ronaldo but I would not wish a bad injury on him

[b']Nani - people were saying the "exact" same things about Ronaldo in his first 2 years[/b]

Exactly! And imo this season when Nani has played he has really improved.His crosses are much more accurate and dosen't show off as much.

And Park is a decent player as well and certainly wasn't bought for marketing purposes. He was bought because he was good and injury's haven't helped his cause.

O'shea is a decent utility player and you need someone like that in your squad. Still I was a bit surprised Rafael didn't play yesterday

agree with the original poster' date=' I think Park is there only for marketing purposes. And the fact that Man U play many teams a season that are of a much poorer quality allows them to forego a true player and play him instead.[/quote']

First of all i dont think he is there for so called Marketing services seems he didnt even go to United straight from a Korean side ,i think he came to you guys from PSV and the reason why he was at PSV was nothing to do with marketing but Guus Hiddink,wasnt he in charge of South Korea when they made the world cup semis in 2002 ,didnt he not Fergie believe he could make the step up from Asian to European therefore taking him to PSV .

Didnt he play a massive part when PSV won the double in Holland ,also wasnt it this that fetched him to the eye of Fergie who then had him watched at least 20 times .

I would then say Fergie must have seen some thing in him at PSV just like Hiddink to fetch him to Old Trafford,having already proved his ability in Europe i suppose acclimatising to the Premiership was Park’s initial test.

(also i wouldnt think any club could make Fergie play a player just for marketing purposes ,could you really see him playing some one he thought wasnt good enough ,also if it was for marketing you just fetch him not watch him for 20 plus games before deciding )

Or do you mean when you say he foregoes a true player he is not another 30 million buy ,what do you mean buy a true player .

Im not a United fan but i think while not more of a gifted player like Ronaldo /Rooney etc he is a Sammy Lee type of player ,runs his socks of and gives his all ,well you cant get truer than that for any player .

"the fact that Man U play many teams a season that are of a much poorer quality allows them to forego a true player and play him instead"

Yet in his first season he only missed 4 Prem games for you guys playing against the Top sides and very well .

Didnt he then for a while have cartilage problems so keeping him out a bit .

In your double season last year he played 14 games and United only conceded two goals in all these but more important DIDNT LOSE ANY :eek:

Now i dont know which teams they were all against because im not bothered seems im not a United Fan ,but he must have played his part in all of these for them to go undefeated while playing ,yes he may not be a massive 30 mill big name but a title winning side is made up from a big mixture of type of player ,i would say Park is more at United because he is a great Squad asset not for marketing.

I dont watch many United games to busy watching ours ,but if he puts in the effort most games like he did when i watched you guys play Barca then i can see why Fergie fetched him ,you need fighters and scrappers in your side which you always have had not just prima donors ,the likes of Park /Osheas make up for what the Ronaldos and Berbatovs cant give you at certain points of the match which also has a bearing on the results you get.:)

agree with the original poster' date=' I think Park is there only for marketing purposes. And the fact that Man U play many teams a season that are of a much poorer quality allows them to forego a true player and play him instead.[/quote']

I think he played a bit in the CL though like when they easily knocked out Roma etc.

With PSV I think he tore AC Milan to bits in the QF as well, hes played against some very good sides and done fine.

Villa are not a medicore team they are a very good side as for Nani I think he would start in most teams from other leagues

Simple fact of the matter is we are light on cm's atm so giggs has to fill in there, anderson travvlling so far o link up with the national side fergie was right to start with Giggs. We missed scholes against Villa.

Park was our best player in the first half but then started to fade in the second, again he also played midweek. Nani looks better everytime he plays and just needs some games tbh but hes still young.

O'shea can play rb/lb/cb/dm and someone suggested moving hm on, uve got to be joaking.Where else u gonna find someone who is happy playing 20 games a season and can play well in so many different positions.

well i have always thought that Park was the weakest link in the Man U side, and yesterdays game he missed a couple of opporunities and the ball rarely goes through him, he just wads around the ground hoping to get a touch.

Playing for PSV and playing for the best club in the world are 2 very different things and as for last year the only league appearances he made were against teams like Brimingham, Reading, Fulham ect, with a gane against Arsenal. He only played 12 leage games, as for CL he didn't play much last campaign and so far has only played 2 games, so for you guys to talk as if he is an intergral part of the best side in the world is a bit of a joke.

Just my opinion, but if Park wasn't asian he wouldn't be playing for, or at least not be playing as much, for the best club in the world as he is a fringe player for a team like Man U at best.

Park can be replaced, but it's important for United to have someone who's gonna run around for the whole ninety minutes and be an ar se in the opponents faces.

He obviously must be doing something right for Fergie to rate him this highly. He's not the weakest link in the side, and imo he's been playing much more consistently than Nani.

Playing for PSV and playing for the best club in the world are 2 very different things

Well he dosnt play for LFC so he isnt playing for the best club in the world so thats one wrong .:D;)

Just my opinion' date=' but if Park wasn't asian he wouldn't be playing for, or at least not be playing as much, for the best club in the world as he is a fringe player for a team like Man U at best.[/quote']

Yep but i would rather hear it being Fergies opinion because like i said Fergie will never play a player just for marketing purposes ,like i said im none to fussed im happy to support the best club in the world instead and not have any worries about marketing players :D

I have found though that most Man utd fans i talk to think he is a great asset to the Squad and do highly rate him more than you do ,and more important to Park his self and your marketing theory so does Fergie .:)

Well he dosnt play for LFC so he isnt playing for the best club in the world so thats one wrong .:D;)

Yep but i would rather hear it being Fergies opinion because like i said Fergie will never play a player just for marketing purposes ' date='like i said im none to fussed im happy to support the best club in the world instead and not have any worries about marketing players :D

I have found though that most Man utd fans i talk to think he is a great asset to the Squad and do highly rate him more than you do ,and more important to Park his self and your marketing theory so does Fergie .:)[/quote']

comapring LFC to Man U is like comparing Chicago Bulls to San Antonio spurs..

It's just an observation that I have been making for some time now, the asian market is very big and Man U are the leaders of reaching out to asia in particular and, in my opinion, he is well below average within Man U's own team so I just put my own 1 and 1 together. There are plenty of games where he doesn't even make the matchday squad.

I really don't rate him anything above average across all players and most Man U supporters will defend him while their winning things as he is Man U's bunny, if Man U looses everything for 2 years then you'll hear those same supporters argue/rant for him to be adequately replaced, especially for a guy who gets the number of minutes that he does.

But your right, I am not Fergie or have any insider knowledge to Man U, just an observation and the topic came up, thats all.

Liverpool aren't a bad side, they beat United.

Anyway yeah, Park is a brilliant asset to United more for his popularity in Asia than his actual football. However, that's not to say he's a bad player- far from it.

I think what Alan and Neller (oh no.. this sounds weird right?) are trying to say is that he is a good player and saying he is average and all that gobbledy is far from the truth. I agree- he may not be the most exceptional player, but he does a good enough job for Fergie to keep picking him. You may argue he plays in the not so important games but they are all worth 3 points, and in the end of the day for a manager whatever team he puts out must be able to, if capable, get those points.

Seeing as Park regularly features on the winning side (I read somewhere that United don't drop too many points when he plays), he surely makes a good impact.

I think he can easily walk into the Spurs team, Everton, Pompey, maybe even Villa. Those teams aren't bad.

Was he injured when he didnt make the matchday squad for the champions league final?

Surely a player that has such a big win/loss ratio for Man U would play in that game.. of course.. yes?

I don't mean to sound sarcastic but the guy just ain't that good.

How cab u say Park is bad? As someone said he was the mom against Milan in the cl semifinals and milan are one of the best in the world. And whenever he has played imo he has never really looked out of place. And I seem to remember he played well against Chelsea as well. And about o'shea as someone said where can u find a player who is happy playing the odd matches and as versatile as him:rolleyes:

Park isn't a poor player but he isn't a "Manchester United" player. At the minute we're not doing great and if we want to surpass Chelsea and retain the Premiership then we need to improve. Park isn't in that top bracket of players that you need to compete with the Chelseas and Barcelonas of the world. And neither are Nani and O'Shea. Yes we did the double with them last year but if we're honest we had a hell of a lot of luck along the way. Another year we may have ended up trophyless. We need to improve. These players won't do that for us.