Sign in to follow this  
Baseball Furie

Legendary team

I thought to myself earlier. In my lifetime, who has been the most influential and best players I have watched. Well I decided that seeings as I was born in 1990, why not make a team of players I've watched over the past 18 years and loved doing so. so here it is...

sfjafjlafaaf-1.jpg

Peter Schmeichel: Basic reason, was known as one of the greatest keepers of our time, despite him playing for Poo United I loved watching him play and was definately one of the most influential keepers of my time. I'll never forget some of his saves and I cannot wait to see how his son Kasper fairs.

Roberto Carlos: Ahh the Brazilian Bald midget, one of the best free kick takers If not THE best free kick taker I have ever seen. A truely memorable player and one of my favourites in this team. Loved this guy.

John Terry: Well what can you say, the man of steel himself, maybe a little bias being a Chelsea fan and all but I don't care :P. I've seen nearly every single game this guy has EVER played in and he never ceases to amaze me. One of the strongest and intimidating CB's I've ever seen and I love him :D.

Paulo Maldini: Growing up all I heard was this name, and to be honest until a few years back I didn't know what all the fuss was about. He truely is an AC Milan King and deserves every trophy and praise he has ever got.

Lilian Thuram: I remember this guy at France '98 and I remember him at Euro 2000 too. His best performances I've seen from him, a great team captain (I think) at Juvé and I don't think he got what he deserved at Barca. A shame about his injury that made it a bit harder to stay in the game.

Pavel Nedved: I love this guy! His hair, his personality, his ability with the ball isn't too bad either. Juvé's best performer of the 21st century without a doubt. Truely class player for both club and country.

Zinedine Zidane: Enough Said.

Franchesco Totti: What a player, Watched him at Euro 2000 I think it was, Straight after that I bought a Roma shirt with Totti on the back, a truely brilliant player and has all the attributes to be named a footballing legend, class act.

Luís Figo: Inter, Lisbon, Barca and Madrid, I've seen him play for every team and he has never dissapointed, getting on now but he's still got it IMO, loved him for years.

Alessandro Del Piero: Everyone knows I love this guy, one of the hardest workers Ever seen in an Italian shirt, Period. Sublime marksman and an all round brilliant player, the man has scored 250 goals in 575 games for gods sake! and been at the same club for 15 years, what commitment!

Gabriel Batistuta: Remember his goal against United? Course the united fans don't ;) But what another sublime player from Serie A. I have huge respect for him as he was such a fantastic player for Argentina and Fiorentina and Roma. My fave player in this team.

Please don't slate my opinions, they are opinions after all. Feel free to name your favourite players :)

Guest Phill

Re: Legendary team

I thought to myself earlier. In my lifetime' date=' who has been the most influential and best players I have watched. Well I decided that seeings as I was born in 1990, why not make a team of players I've watched over the past 18 years and loved doing so. so here it is...

[img']http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o319/samthedevil53/sfjafjlafaaf-1.jpg[/img]

Peter Schmeichel: Basic reason, was known as one of the greatest keepers of our time, despite him playing for Poo United I loved watching him play and was definately one of the most influential keepers of my time. I'll never forget some of his saves and I cannot wait to see how his son Kasper fairs.

Roberto Carlos: Ahh the Brazilian Bald midget, one of the best free kick takers If not THE best free kick taker I have ever seen. A truely memorable player and one of my favourites in this team. Loved this guy.

John Terry: Well what can you say, the man of steel himself, maybe a little bias being a Chelsea fan and all but I don't care :P. I've seen nearly every single game this guy has EVER played in and he never ceases to amaze me. One of the strongest and intimidating CB's I've ever seen and I love him :D.

Paulo Maldini: Growing up all I heard was this name, and to be honest until a few years back I didn't know what all the fuss was about. He truely is an AC Milan King and deserves every trophy and praise he has ever got.

Lilian Thuram: I remember this guy at France '98 and I remember him at Euro 2000 too. His best performances I've seen from him, a great team captain (I think) at Juvé and I don't think he got what he deserved at Barca. A shame about his injury that made it a bit harder to stay in the game.

Pavel Nedved: I love this guy! His hair, his personality, his ability with the ball isn't too bad either. Juvé's best performer of the 21st century without a doubt. Truely class player for both club and country.

Zinedine Zidane: Enough Said.

Franchesco Totti: What a player, Watched him at Euro 2000 I think it was, Straight after that I bought a Roma shirt with Totti on the back, a truely brilliant player and has all the attributes to be named a footballing legend, class act.

Luís Figo: Inter, Lisbon, Barca and Madrid, I've seen him play for every team and he has never dissapointed, getting on now but he's still got it IMO, loved him for years.

Alessandro Del Piero: Everyone knows I love this guy, one of the hardest workers Ever seen in an Italian shirt, Period. Sublime marksman and an all round brilliant player, the man has scored 250 goals in 575 games for gods sake! and been at the same club for 15 years, what commitment!

Gabriel Batistuta: Remember his goal against United? Course the united fans don't ;) But what another sublime player from Serie A. I have huge respect for him as he was such a fantastic player for Argentina and Fiorentina and Roma. My fave player in this team.

Please don't slate my opinions, they are opinions after all. Feel free to name your favourite players :)

guess i cant really do this as i am only 11 but ill give it a go :D

Well same as yours i guess lol exept i would put instead of Batuista Mr.Henry :D i know he aint doing great at the nou camp but he was great for Arsenal

Peter Schmeichel

Thuram ... Carragher ... Maldini ... Roberto Carlos

Gerrard ... Keane ... Zidane ... Giggs

Ronaldinho ... Batistuta

So hard to do :eek: I know Stevie G aint a RM but hes played there loads and I could not leave out Keane or Zidane.

Subs :D - Fowler, Weah, Cantona, Vieira, Henry, Del P, Le Tissier, Shearer, Raul, Suker, Neller, Cafu, Romario, Stoichkov, Figo, Baresi, Ronaldo (brazilian), Bergkamp, Shevchenko, Gazza, Wright

Gk Buffon

Lb Carlos

CB Sonny Anderson

CB Maldini

Rb Zambrota

Lm Nedved

Cm Zidane

Cm Paul mcstay

Rm Luis Figo

Cf Del piero

Cf Henrik Larsson

Buffon; Well in my eyes one of the best keepers to ever walk this earth. Rareley see a mistakae out of him and hes a consitant player international and club level.

Carlos; Well when this wee man was younger there was no one like him. A good old attacking full back grabbed some unberlivble goals and at the same time could do some decent defending while he had one heck of a knock.

Sonny anderson; I remember seeing this man for barca solid and firm. Rareley let people past him and was a good goal scorer for a center half. Good captin and comunicater to.

Maldini; well this man is a legend. Best defender of our generation no one can touch him in what hes done and acherved.

Zambrota; A very good defender for a full back. Always won the pace battle when it was needed to be won he could battle in the air and can score a belter.

Nedved; Another legend who has spent most his carrer in italy. Has always been consistant the best chzech player in the last century and has a good free kick and set peice on him.

Zidane; Well like sam his name speaks volumes.

Paul Mcstay; Many of you woudnt evan of heard of this guy as im a celtic fan im a wee bit bias but on form this man was as good as any player ever was. Goal scorer assister u name it he did it not only in scottish league he also did it alot in euroup when ever celtic got there.

Figo; Well this man still has every thing. A old attack right mid goals galore he had everything in his day he was the best.

Larsson; well this man is a living legend and at his days at celtic tbh i dont think to many could finish or score like he could. Head right foot left foot knee shin he scored with em all and managed to bag top scorer in euroup winning him the golden boot.

Del piero; Like sam love this guy the best striker of his generation could score goals and make em. he works so hard and at the end of every game u no he has givin 110%.

THeres my team :)

Cbf to set it all out in formation, but I would go with (- my SM rating at their peak):

GK Schmeichel (Just ahead of Casillas) 97

LB Roberto Carlos (Easy choice) 98

RB Cafu (The Brazilian and French FB's (Lizarazu and Thuram) were very close to choose from) 97

CB Maldini (has to be) 99

CB Nesta (On his day, he was literally unbeatable) 97

LM Messi (he'll have to be shoved out here - ahead of Nedved) 98 (should be on SM)

RM Beckham (English bias? just ahead of Figo) 98

CM Zidane (Legend) 99

CM Totti/Rivaldo (Both were the best in the world, Rivaldo let himself down in 2002 WC though) 98

F Ronaldinho (When he was on top form, he was truly class) 99

CF Ronaldo/Shevchenko (A legend when I was still small / Legend) 99 / 98

Del Piero, Thuram, Lizarazu, Pires, Bergkamp, Henry, Batistuta, Kaka, Gerrard, Owen, Riquelme, Desailly, Adams, Rui Costa, Figo, Nedved, Emerson, Denilson, Vieira, Puyol, etc all crossed my mind.

Ronaldo - the greatest in the world? He comes nowhere near my list, even Messi is a better player. Ronaldo is the best in the world going forward, but when he gets tackled he just moans, he never defends and can be greedy. Needs to sort his head out.

----------------------------------------

-----------------Schmicale--------------

-Zanetti------Stam-----Nesta------Evra-

-Ronaldinho---Zidane---Scholes---Messi-

----------Bergkamp---Shevchenko-------

Bench:

Luíz Ronaldo, Roy Keane, Eric Cantona, Cristiano Ronaldo, Fernando Torres, Gianluigi Buffon, Andrés Iniesta.

Andriy Shevchenk & Denis Bergkamp

I Used to Love Bergkamp and Shevchenko Was Quality at Milan before he went to Chelsea. another Player i would of added on there was Hernan Crespo as he is Great but neather realy got a chance to rpove it :P. if your not agreeing with Shev and Bergkamp please give me a reason why?! lol

Assis Moira Ronaldinho & Lionel Messi

Ronaldinho was Magnificent in his Prime! no one could touch him the most Skillfull and the way he ran past people was amazing!. Lionel Messi, hes a young 21 year old whos soon going to be the best player in the world with him currently being one of the 3 Best Players In The World At This Time ( Hes Just Like Sergio Augero you Know There going to be mint)

Zinadine Zidane

Zidane. No One Could Touch him Shame he ended his career being sent off after scoring a goal and head butting some one. he will go down in history as one of the best Footballers in Time.

Paul Scholes & Jaap Stam

Paul Scholes Manchester United Central Midfielder Always been at Man United and i think currently standing at the best Central Midfielder in the World :) im not biassed ive heard City Fans Say IT! Jaap Stam. Jaap Stam.. Jaap Stam... Quality Possibly The Best Centre Half Ever?

Javier Zanetti & Allesandro Nesta

Zanetti - Quality Right Back was Awesome at his Prime! cant say otherwise! apart from AWESOME!... Nesta - Shame Realy hes LACKING at the moment but was awesome very awesome.

Patrice Evra

I Love Him hes Rappid and Very Good Left Back i think the best in the world and thats my only reason if you dont AGREE then you must think hes in the top 3?

Peter Schmicale

Awesome Awesome Best Goal Keeper Ever!

May as well post mine then ....

Given

Sergio Ramos - Cannavaro - Stam - Maldini

Beckham - Figo - Zidane - Ronaldinho

Ronaldo (The fat one) - Shearer

Given: Might be slightly biased but I love him, always a stand out performer since the first time I saw him play...

Sergio Ramos: Beat quite a big list of players I like to get here, he is awesome, going forward and defending, already a great!

Cannavaro: I remember seeing him for Parma and thinking he was such a great player, awesome in the air, for a relatively small CB...

Stam: Alex Ferguson saw the greatness of him when he signed him, I have always thought he was one of the best I have ever seen, surprisongly quick for a big man....

Maldini: No need for an explanation, he is a legend!

Beckham: Best crosser of a ball ever, was always gtreat to watch him take free kicks, especially when he left the Scum...

Figo: Always got excited watching him when he was at Barca, then at Real, made things happen and so skillful...

Zidane: Amazing skill made him a joy to watch...

Ronaldinho: Some of the things he did made my jaw hit the floor on times... The goal against Chelsea...WOW

Ronaldo(Fat-boy): Again, a joy to watch, did amazing things to get into shooting positions, and was soooo fast!

Shearer: One player us toon fans could always depend on.... Just hearing the commentator say SHEAREEEEER!! You knew it was gonna be a goal...

Kahn

Sammer

Baresi----Maldini

M.Laudrup----Gerrard----Stoichkov

Litmanen

Bergkamp----Batistuta----Ronaldo*

*the older/better one

Kahn

Shocked that no-one has mentioned him yet. Consistently the best 'keeper in the world for over a decade and the only 'keeper to win the Golden Ball (award for the best player) in the history of the World Cup when he conceded only one goal en route to the final (against Robbie Keane!! He can score!). Was the CL's best player when he guided Bayern to the European Cup in 2001 and was man of the match for his penalty heroics. Anyone who disagrees with this choice should try and get footage of that match.

Sammer

A midfielder and a sweeper who's career was cut short cruely by injury. Key in Dortmund's great team in the 90s when they won the European Cup in '97. Also played for Inter.

Baresi

One of the greatest CBs of all-time. A man of diminuitive stature and AC Milan's player of the century. He was very decorated winning a World Cup, 3 European Cups and 7 Scudettos. AC retired #6 in his honour and his influence was key in the development of...

Maldini

What needs to be said? Milan's most played player and certainly the greatest defender of his generation. Not as successful as Baresi but not far behind with a myriad of honours to his name.

Michael Laudrup

Rangers fans will remember his brother but it was Michael who was voted as Denmark's greatest ever player and one of the few players to be a legend at Barca and Real. Also a legend at Juve, he was voted Real's 12th best player ever and voted one of the best to wear a Barca shirt too. He had the utmost respect of his fellow pros with team-mates Guardiola, Romario and Raul calling him the best players they ever played with. Beckenbaur put it best: "Pelé was the best in the 60's, Cruyff in the 70's, Maradona in the 80's and Laudrup in the 90's." Maradona: "One of the greatest ever." Platini: "One of the biggest talents ever". The list of admirers is as long as the names on it are impressive.

Gerrard

Captain Marvel as the media calls him. A fitting title for the man who always seems to come up with the goods in the most unlikely of circumstances.

Stoichkov

A temperemental but hugely talented man who was part of Cruijff's dream team at Barca in the early 90s with Laudrup. You've got to be good to single handedly take Bulgaria to the World Cup semi-finals.

Litmanen

Okay, I probably should have picked Zidane but I couldn't help myself. If he didn't get injured all the time, he would have been the best! The best Finnish player ever and part of Ajax's AMAZING team in the 90s.

Bergkamp

Hero. I'm yet to see a better player and one who can combine intelligence and technical prowess so beautifully.

Batistuta

The best goalscorer I have ever seen.

Ronaldo

He may be a shadow of his former self but he is the top goal scorer in World Cup history, one of only two players to win World Player Of The Year 3 times. He has terrible injury problems throughout his career (cruciate ligament damage 3 times) and if not for such poor fortune would have surpassed Pele and became Brazil's greatest goal scorer and gained more than 100 caps. Also been in The Simpsons.

Carl, this is opinions mate. On the Evra subject, if you're talking about in the best 3 LB's ever, then you'll find very few people to agree with you. I can reel off tonnes of the otp of my head - Roberto Carlos, Bixente Lizarazu, Philip Lahm (already a better LB), even Candela or Coco at their peak. And that's just the last decade or so. But of course, it's a matter of opinion, so you might think differently. in terms of top 3 in the world at this time, then I might be inclined to agree. Can only think of Lahm, and possibly Cole (again, matter of opinion, most people would disagree with me) are better that I can think of.

Carl' date=' this is opinions mate. On the Evra subject, if you're talking about in the best 3 LB's [b']ever[/b], then you'll find very few people to agree with you. I can reel off tonnes of the otp of my head - Roberto Carlos, Bixente Lizarazu, Philip Lahm (already a better LB), even Candela or Coco at their peak. And that's just the last decade or so. But of course, it's a matter of opinion, so you might think differently. in terms of top 3 in the world at this time, then I might be inclined to agree. Can only think of Lahm, and possibly Cole (again, matter of opinion, most people would disagree with me) are better that I can think of.

Riise wasn't bad a few seasons ago...

He's a legend for me :)

Riise wasn't bad a few seasons ago...

He's a legend for me :)

Exactly mate... Its a matter of opinion and everyone will have there own thoughts on it...

Neither Evra or Riise come into my top 5 let alone top 3...

Lahm is there for me, he is outstanding in attack and defense...

Carl' date=' this is opinions mate. On the Evra subject, if you're talking about in the best 3 LB's [b']ever[/b], then you'll find very few people to agree with you. I can reel off tonnes of the otp of my head - Roberto Carlos, Bixente Lizarazu, Philip Lahm (already a better LB), even Candela or Coco at their peak. And that's just the last decade or so. But of course, it's a matter of opinion, so you might think differently. in terms of top 3 in the world at this time, then I might be inclined to agree. Can only think of Lahm, and possibly Cole (again, matter of opinion, most people would disagree with me) are better that I can think of.

whilst my side was tongue in cheek it was an attempt at a best ever united side, back on subject I would have irwin instead of evra any day of the week, and I think evra is world class.

That being said if it were a world 11 maldini wins hands down

Guest Daragh

---------------Kahn--------------

-Cafu---Carragher--Maldini--Carlos/Lizarazu

-Figo--Gerrard----Zidane--Nedved-

--------Henry/Del Piero---Batistuta/Di Canio-

That was hard :eek:

Guest Merkalott

Peter Schmeichel

Cafu...Maldini...Jaap Stam...Roberto Carlos

Beckham...Zidane...Totti...Seedorf

Ronaldo...Cantona

A few different ones in here but this team would've given anyone a match:

...................................Shilton..................................

Cafu...........Jurgen Kohler.............Paulo Maldini...............Dennis Irwin

.............................Mattias Sammer..............................

Zinedine Zidane................................Rivaldo

.................................Ruud Gullit...............................

Marco van Basten.......................George Weah

GK GORDAN BANKS

LB ROBERTO CARLOS

CB BOBBY MOORE

CB FRANZ BECKENBAUR

RB CAFU

LM CRISTIANO RONALDO________ 4-3-1-2

CM ZINEDINE ZIDANE

RM GEORGE BEST

AM DIEGO MARADONA

CF BOBBY CHARLTON