Sign in to follow this  
StormBringer

Wc 4000

Re: Wc 4000

Took the mighty Anderlecht.

They only have 3' date='9m and haven't got a big stadium.

Could someone please loan me a Winger and/or CB?

Without some loaned players I will have a serious lack of fit players for the cup and shield games.

85 rated would be good enough.[/quote']

Sebastien Blanco and Gerard Pique available from Barca.

Guest Phill

i took over the almighty...

Standard Liege!!!

with huge Transfer budget of 4.3 Mill! What a generous chairman i have :rolleyes: anyway as you can see i require some money so...

But The Young Guns!!! Or you can buy the old shriveled up prunes ;)

Oh yeh and also could i have 3 loans? preferably a CB a CM and a F/CF :D

It's been a whole week since chairman Wolfgang Holzhäuser replaced the German Bruno Labbadia with Darshann Jo as manager of Bayer Leverkusen, who finished 7th in the German Bundesliga last season.

Bayer_Leverkusen.png

n637735125_1713196_534.jpg

Jo has been quick to bring in fifteen youth team players, as well as confirming the departure of Greek striker Theofanis Gekas to F.C Porto in exchange for Christian Sapunaru, the right back who was supposed to be Jose Bosingwa's replacement, and Givanildo Hulk, who the manager rates as 'good cover for Helmes and Kiessling'.

A lot has been made about three signings in particular who are expected to make an impact for Leverkusen in the Championship Shield and Cup competitions:

Duje Cop

0duje-cop.jpg

The 18 year old Croat joined from Nacional da Madeira during the off season for £750k, after impressing during recent friendlies as well as his former club Hajduk Split.

Eden Hazard

hazard_eden.jpg

This former Lille starlet is only seventeen years of age, but the Belgian, who was called up to the Lille first team squad at the tender age of 16, has already featured 13 times for the French side, finding the back of the net twice. Following interest from several sides, Leverkusen managed to pick him up for a considerably large fee of £850k.

Lamine Gassama

36060_1226574965.jpg

Lamine Gassama joined from Lyon during the off-season after days of talks between the two clubs. Lyon finally decided to swallow the £1,000,000 offer from the German side for the highly rated right back.

Bayer Leverkusen open up their campaign with a home clash against CSKA Moskva, who are strongly expected to be challenging the Germans for a playoff spot. Manager Darshann Jo has apparently been training with a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Stefan Kiessling looking likely to be deployed as the lone striker for this match. The gaffer has also denied reports than Bernd Schneider would lose his captaincy in favour of the 26 year old Simon Rolfes, stating that Rolfes is the vice captain and nothing more.

Schneider, though, made it look like he wouldn't mind, saying "I don't know how much longer I'll be playing. I'm 35 years old, I have retired from the international stage and Simon is currently one of the crowd's favourite players. I would be happy, at this age, just to get a continuous role at the team, let alone be captain."

CSKA on the other hand, have opted to sign two seasoned internationals in Sergei Semak, who joined for £7mil despite strong interest from Valencia, as well as Diniyar Bilyaletdinov- a 23 year old wide man who cost £14.9mil from local rivals Lokomotiv Moskva.

All the signs are pointing towards a thrilling season opener for both these Division 2 sides.