Fabregas named Arsenal Captain

Re: Fabregas named Arsenal Captain

Dream come true for me and hopefully most Arsenal fans..

I think we need someone who wants to play (Cesc), who loves the fans/club/players (Cesc), someone who has recently tasted victory and won silverware (Cesc) and also someone who features in the team constantly with low chance of injury (touch wood!)

He will do a great job and we will finish 4th, with no problemos!

He's undoubtedly an incredible player, but is he a leader? I'm yet to be convinced. I hope it works out well, because tbh Arsenal could do with a bit of fortune, but I'm not sure. If I were Wenger, I'd of assigned a part time captain and then go out and buy an experienced leader in January. But that's not Arsene's policies I suppose.

He's undoubtedly an incredible player' date=' but is he a leader? I'm yet to be convinced. I hope it works out well, because tbh Arsenal could do with a bit of fortune, but I'm not sure. If I were Wenger, I'd of assigned a part time captain and then go out and buy an experienced leader in January. But that's not Arsene's policies I suppose.[/quote']

That shouldn't be any managers policy :confused:

I can't see why buying a 'leader' would work, a leader is someone who loves the club and has grown up with the club..

Look at your beloved Gerrard, he has been at Liverpool all his pro career and won't leave, Cesc won't leave Arsenal and will be a quality captain.

Either way he'll be a d*mn better captain than Gallas was.. :mad:

I can't see why buying a 'leader' would work' date=' a leader is someone who loves the club and has grown up with the club..

Look at your beloved Gerrard, he has been at Liverpool all his pro career and won't leave, Cesc won't leave Arsenal and will be a quality captain.

Either way he'll be a d*mn better captain than Gallas was.. :mad:[/quote']

Wayyy different, Gerrard was born and raised a Liverpool fan and will always be dedicated to the club all his life....while Fabregas first love is Barcelona and i can see him joing in the new future!

I can't see why buying a 'leader' would work' date=' a leader is someone who loves the club and has grown up with the club..

Either way he'll be a d*mn better captain than Gallas was.. :mad:[/quote']

Normally I'd agree with you about having the home grown player. Having an English Home grown player is even better. But I'm not sure with Arsenal. I can't see a player that stands out as a leader. So maybe importing a player is the best option? Or maybe not?

Anyway, Fabregas is the best candidate there for now, so he is probably the best bet. We'll just have to see how it works out. I'm sure Arsene will sort it out at Arsenal anyway.

I don't get why people still think he's headed for Barca. He's been developed so much for the last 5 years or so and has now been made captain of the team. I really don't think he'd want to leave.

I think a young player would be good as a captain though, believe it or not. Despite not having the experience, young players often have optimism and confidence. I have a good feeling that Fabregas will be able to comply with Arsene Wenger's claim that the team must have 'shared leadership.' Technically speaking, a dynamic CM like Fabregas would be great, as he would be in the middle of all the action and be able to pull several strings a once. He could easily communicate with players from all positions without having to move around much.

Wayyy different' date=' Gerrard was born and raised a Liverpool fan and will always be dedicated to the club all his life....while Fabregas first love is Barcelona and i can see him joing in the new future![/quote']

He was 15 when he came to Arsenal and grew up next to players like Viera,Thierry and others to see what a player needs to be to become Arsenal captain. He will also be a reminder to players like Ramsey and Wilshere and let them know what they can become.

He won't join Barca anytime soon.

Splendid move by Wenger really.

There was lots of transfer speculation about Fabregas' future during the pre-season, with Real, Barca and Milan all apparently keen on him, and understandably so, hopefully for Arsenal fans' him being named captain would, you know, excite him to stay a bit longer than he would of initially planned to, sorta diminish the speculation surrounding his future at the club. I also feel that the players respect Fabregas, I mean how often do we hear someone come out and criticise him, or he like have arguments with other players? We see it with Gallas, van Persie, Bendtner, Adebayor, Silva too when he was there, but not Fab and say whatever you want about his age but the most important thing is that the otherplayers respect a captain- it wasn't the case with Gallas, the fans were confused last year when he was appointed but I'm pretty sure the majority would he glad about this.

Philippe pointed out he's been there five years and he's developed entirely at Arsenal.

Good move