Re: Your Football Trials

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread but just wanted to know

have you ever had trials for a side and if so who i have had 3

2 for Cardiff

1 for Wrexham

so what have you had :)

haven't got in though

got to the last stage in first trial

I was going to have a Cardiff trial but turned ankle the morning of the day i was going and they never got back to me:( :(

Way back in the day when I used to be pretty good I had trials for Cardiff, Bournmouth and Bristol City.... Didn't get in due to not having enough pace... All three praised me for my arial ability though....

Other circumstances have contributed to why I am now 16 stone and playing rugby instead.... lol

• 4 months later...

Well i play for Bridgend at county level and whenever we play 3 players get picked for trials at Cardiff.I had one last week and got through to the next stage.I mashed up my 2nd trial and got told i wasn't good enough.

when i was 12 i got offerd a months trial with Mansfield town which i took. n whilst i was there i played 2 match's (V Notts County and Lincoln) where i played 60 minutes in the first match and one half in the 2nd. they said i played exceptionally well but didnt sign me on because i "didnt put enough effort into training" but i was 12 soo yan.. wish i put more effort in now

Guest 1CapWonder

When I was 9 I had a decision to make whether to leave my junior team to go and trial with Rochdale and their Centre Of Excellence. Best decision I ever made to go, was there for 6 years before signing for Bolton last season, been in 2 England Schoolboy squads now and hoping to play professional football even if I only play 1 minute :)

This is an interesting thread, we all know about Greig Spence so I wonder what other gems SM can unearth lol. We should have an SM Allstars team and go on tour haha.

went on trials with arsenal didnt make it

went on with bristol city made it but then moved to watford had a stunner at watford and then i signed for liverpool academy but a load of academy players are gonna get dropped :(

I was at leeds academy from 16 to 18 but tore a tissue in my ankle and dnt recover. This was mainley beacuse i pushed my self when i was told to rest my ankle and just made it worse. :(

went on trials with arsenal didnt make it

Hmmmm...

went on with bristol city made it but then moved to watford had a stunner at watford and then i signed for liverpool academy but a load of academy players are gonna get dropped :(

Where do you live ?

Arsenal to bristol.

Bristol to watford

LIVERPOOL!! LMFAO.

balls mate...

EDIT. Oh you live in Irland :L

Guest Park Ji Sung

i had a trial with accrington stanley last week. it was amazing, got to shake hands with folawiye onibuje, he's magnificent, my idol. My current manager probably won't be too happy though, so don't tell him.:mad:

i had a trial with accrington stanley last week. it was amazing' date=' got to shake hands with folawiye onibuje, he's magnificent, my idol. My current manager probably won't be too happy though, so don't tell him.:mad:[/quote']

if you had trials with Accriton then your manager should allready no as they contact him & then you. :confused:

I was on the Albion's books from 11-13. Did my knee just before leaving, though they'd have probably let me go anyway in honesty. Didn't so much as kick a ball till I was 14, spent around 6 months training with Kiddy but then my knee went again. Played for Worcester City's youth team a couple of years ago but they only kept one of the lads on from that year.

Guest Park Ji Sung

if you had trials with Accriton then your manager should allready no as they contact him & then you. :confused:

I organised it myself, my agent did it all sneakily. I'm gonna move unless we win the quintuple.;) Kids, keep it quiet.

Guest Park Ji Sung

agent?

how old are you?

I'm 28 years old. How old are you?

Shhh, it's a secret agent. Tell no one. Trust no one. Except me.

Andd my agent just rang and said barcelona offering me a 10 year contract woth 500k a week i just turned down man u ya see so i dunno weather i shud accept.

Advise any one ....:rolleyes:

:D

Nah mate, dont accept that rough deal. Only 500k a week. Try and get a trail with better clubs in the world like shorpe and Bradford. Haha.;)

I'm 28 years old. How old are you?

Shhh' date=' it's a secret agent. Tell no one. Trust no one. Except me.[/quote']

im 16. yet im allready a banned footballer :o

Secret agent ? aint them that kill people ect ?:confused: mate stop chattin utter.... i at first believed you untill you said your manager dont know. as they have to contact your club in the first place

Nath. dont take that. get your secret agent to try get £1m a week

I was offered a spot on the Valencia Youth academy 3 years back during my yearly trip from the states to Valencia, but my parents refused to allow me to stay in the valencia, they were offering housing as well...

Now I play on the Red Bull reserves (17 years old -_-). What a step down in class, I know :o