Your Football Trials

cm.9

Re: Your Football Trials

I was offered a spot on the Valencia Youth academy 3 years back during my yearly trip from the states to Valencia' date=' but my parents refused to allow me to stay in the states, they were offering housing as well...

Now I play on the Red Bull reserves (17 years old -_-). What a step down in class, I know :o[/quote']

I’m sorry but this is too funny not to reply

From a guy who posted loads of threads on Spanish ratings on an online fantasy game, you have suddenly morphed into an ex-“soccer wonder kid” who rejected scholarship from the precisely named “Valencia academy”

“they were offering housing as well...” - oh really, are you sure? So you mean they didn’t ask you to fly back and forth from America to Spain every morning??

Maybe you are making up a parallel story of the ENRIC ALEGRE, the American kid who did actually receive a scholarship with Valencia schoolboys team. The thing you didn’t realise was that enrico was taken in at 9, the age when academies do the most recruiting, and the age when an american kid might actually have a chance of learning to be a top flight european footballer

Another thing you need to learn is that you don’t just turn up to Valencia fc while on holiday, do a trial and get offered a place, if you were that good, scouts come to you lol

also realise, there are some things you cant get away with, even on the obscurity of the world wide web lol

I’m sorry but this is too funny not to reply

From a guy who posted loads of threads on Spanish ratings on an online fantasy game' date=' you have suddenly morphed into an ex-“soccer wonder kid” who rejected scholarship from the precisely named “Valencia academy”

[i']“they were offering housing as well...” [/i]- oh really, are you sure? So you mean they didn’t ask you to fly back and forth from America to Spain every morning??

Maybe you are making up a parallel story of the ENRIC ALEGRE, the American kid who did actually receive a scholarship with Valencia schoolboys team. The thing you didn’t realise was that enrico was taken in at 9, the age when academies do the most recruiting, and the age when an american kid might actually have a chance of learning to be a top flight european footballer

Another thing you need to learn is that you don’t just turn up to Valencia fc while on holiday, do a trial and get offered a place, if you were that good, scouts come to you lol

also realise, there are some things you cant get away with, even on the obscurity of the world wide web lol

I could care less if you believe me or not. I was at their summer camp thing, that if you pay X amount of money you can stay in their sporting facility for a week. They saw how I played and they offered me a spot on their youth team. And by the housing, they meant for periods when the team travels to other parts of Spain, I wouldn't have to pay for that. But again, I just wanted to clarify the situation. Sorry to have to throw at you another point, but I am quite content right now, accepted my acceptance into Princeton undergraduate program quite well, maybe my parents decision was not so bad after all. :). Again, enjoy defiling other people's lives because you have nothing in your own to be happy about.

Shorpe just rang but they said gary hooper gets striker spot so i turned em down :D

i need a new special agent....

Gazza your hired go get me a mil a week and ill give u 100k a week :D

Mate, just got a phone call (dont know how they got my number though.) and.... Cardiff city are willing to offer you 18 houses *a whole tiny street* and are willing to give you £78m a week.

Intrested? oh. and youd also be the captain/manager/chairman and nurse :)

Can remember playing for Everton :eek:

and was lucky to wake up quick and find out it was all a bad nightmare i had after hearing a Bill shankly quote using my christian name , :D

"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to Alan Ball after he signed for Everton.

Anyway after this i fell back to sleep and had a lovely dream ,in this i was an Alan but spelt Alun ,i scored a hatrick againsy Bayern in the Fairs cup .

How eerie it was to find a few yrs later a cerain Alun Evans bagged a hat-trick in a European Fairs Cup 4th round 1st leg tie at home to German giants Bayern Munich .

Yep just like some on this thread nothing wrong with a great imagination but need to be able to seperate reality from dreamword now and then .;):)

I could care less if you believe me or not. I was at their summer camp thing' date=' that if you pay X amount of money you can stay in their sporting facility for a week. They saw how I played and they offered me a spot on their youth team. And by the housing, they meant for periods when the team travels to other parts of Spain, I wouldn't have to pay for that. But again, I just wanted to clarify the situation. Sorry to have to throw at you another point, but I am quite content right now, accepted my acceptance into Princeton undergraduate program quite well, maybe my parents decision was not so bad after all. :). Again[b'], enjoy defiling other people's lives because you have nothing in your own to be happy about[/b].

since when did truth seeking become "defiling other people's lives"? if you think before you post, people wont have to "defile" your life. +you ve taken things too personally lol no offense intended mate

most forumners will tell you that i am a helpful and reasonable contributor on this forum, i dont want to "defile" your life lol i simply replied to your post because your original post shows that you dont actually understand the complicated processes of the european scouting system and academies.

plus, i think you did clarify things up a bit. what you are effectively saying is that you paid for the summer camp, and have the valencia youth team coaches train you, which believe it or not, is NOT the same as being accepted into the valencia youth team lol

ps. "the summer camp thing"--you are very precise arent you lol

you ve taken things too personally lol no offense intended mate

most forumners will tell you that i am a helpful and reasonable contributor on this forum' date=' i dont want to "defile" your life lol i simply replied to your post because your original post shows that you dont actually understand the complicated processes the european scouting system and academies.

plus, i think you did clarify things up a bit. what you are effectively saying is that you paid for the summer camp, and have the valencia youth team coaches train you, which believe it or not, is NOT the same as being accepted into the valencia youth team lol[/quote']

Again Wrong.

I went to a camp to essentially be trained by their youth players. After the trainers took a look after a week about how I PLAYED they studied my situation. And offered me a SPOT in their ACTUAL youth team. So originally I was paying for a little camp thing, but eventually because I was a good player they offered me to actually become part of the youth team.

Again more clarification is needed. B)

Again Wrong.

I went to a camp to essentially be trained by their youth players. After the trainers took a look after a week about how I PLAYED they studied my situation. And offered me a SPOT in their ACTUAL youth team. So originally I was paying for a little camp thing' date=' but eventually because I was a good player they offered me to actually become part of the youth team.

Again more clarification is needed. B)[/quote']

ok in that case you must have been a very very good player, especially considering you spent most of the time learning the game in america.

I am fairly sure my game hasn't progressed compared to what it would have if...:(

i was not trying to "defile" anyone's life, im really sorry if i caused any offense, maybe i underestimated the american youth soccer system.....

see i played for my secondary school 1st team right up to sixth form, which was as high a level as i ever played, i never went to any trials etc, because i wasnt good enough lol

but i played with some absolutely fantastic players. Half of the 6th form 1st 11 i played with also played for the Plymouth or exeter youth teams....and one particular bald kid who i remember particularly well (he had cancer) played for the northern ireland school boys team...

through playing with these great lads, i realised how hard it is to to train yourself good enough to play at the level you talked about, which was why i was a little skeptical...........i was not trying to offend anyone, i was just being a realist, i can see that the odds are heavily stacked against a 14 year old american kid getting a scholarship from the valencia academy, that s all

Mate' date=' just got a phone call (dont know how they got my number though.) and.... Cardiff city are willing to offer you 18 houses *a whole tiny street* and are willing to give you £78m a week.

Intrested? oh. and youd also be the captain/manager/chairman and nurse :)[/quote']

want to be tea lady to :D

deal ill give u 20m of my wage per week :D

and 4 of the houses :D

want to be tea lady to :D

deal ill give u 20m of my wage per week :D

and 4 of the houses :D

MY Agent (Nibbles ; my rabit :o) has just got me a deal with Real Madrid. they promised me they will move thier stadium to my closest park and i will get £9999999999999999999 a day.

Were rich my friend rich :D

Shorpe just rang but they said gary hooper gets striker spot so i turned em down :D

i need a new special agent....

Gazza your hired go get me a mil a week and ill give u 100k a week :D

Nath i can be your hitman.

Only 150k a week plus 20p per kill

im 16. yet im allready a banned footballer :o

Secret agent ? aint them that kill people ect ?:confused: mate stop chattin utter.... i at first believed you untill you said your manager dont know. as they have to contact your club in the first place

Nath. dont take that. get your secret agent to try get £1m a week

The gag is that he actually is Park Ji-Sung. His 'manager' is Fergie. That's why he mentions the quintuple.

Sorted :)

i now have a hitman :D

also gazza ill come watch u for madrid once i get cardiff promoted :D

Can i have a house Nath?

I will also be your neogoicter if you need one.Me and Gaz try to get you the best deal

Only 50k a week extra

Gaz fix me up with Aldershot please.They need help to get from League 2

Most people count a school trip to the local soccer school as a "trial" :rolleyes:

You'd be surprised how many people I know who have been on "trials" B)

As for me' date=' I've been overweight since I was 13 and rubbish at football since birth so thats me out [/b'];)

That'll be rugby for you then, my club needs a new prop :P

Last sunday this Prop nailed me then stepped on my face.Spose i did myslef justice when i run into him to score my try

Oh I also broke our opponents best players leg.. :o

I tackled him and landing on him from behind.. :rolleyes:

Anyway.. back on topic..

I've only played for Norwich City PDC.. (dont play football anymore)

• 4 weeks later...