Sign in to follow this  
Guest cabbytoodles

WC 3966 Manchester United Reports

Guest cabbytoodles

Re: WC 3966 Manchester United Reports

LEAGUE

49_1204432433.gif0

Manchester United striking woes continue with undeserved lost at home.

329_1205840207.gif2 Benzema 9th, Fred 63th

Venue: Old Trafford

Attendance: 74,706

benzema276.jpg

Lyon players celebrating their win.

French Champions Lyon left Old Trafford grateful that their English opponents failed to solve their scoring woes against them. Manchester United goal-shy strikers have yet to find the net this season with four league games already played. Be it Higuain, ex-Red Devil Rooney, new signings Villa and Eto'o, the foursome have yet to break their scoring duck. With the current circumstances, Manchester United boss Caleb hands could be tied as he hinted at the possibility of young Brazilian forward Guilherme making his debut in the next league game against Atletico Madrid.

"The lad is still a little raw in my opinion, hence his debut hasn't arrived. But with our current situation, who knows? His debut may be in the next match, next month, or next year. We'll just have to see." He told the BBC sports.

011142410-EX00-91.jpg

Can a "raw" Guilherme come to Manchester United rescue?

Manchester United will feel hard-done by a Lyon victory, especially after the home side had the larger slice of possession and had more efforts on goal over the course of the match. Both teams started the match at a frentic pace with visitors Lyon taking the lead with just 9 minutes gone. Brazilian playmaker Juninho threaded a fine ball through a static Manchester defence for 20-year-old starlet Benzema to place the ball beyond the despairing dive of Van Der Sar.

2842074601.jpg

The finisher and the supplier. Benzema (left) celebrates with Juninho.

With Caleb encouraging them from the sidelines, Manchester United attempted to find their rhythm with new signing Samuel Eto'o proving to be a huge thorn for the slow Lyon defenders, with his darting runs proving to be threatening. In the 20th minute, the Cameroonian sped into the penalty box only to fail to connect with Giggs teasing cross. Lyon then had goalkeeper Lloris to thank after he emerged equal to a Paul Scholes long range effort. Lyon defenders were caught napping when Higuain found space inside the box to shoot after a quick spin but his shot went skywards. Lyon skipper Cris was called into action time after time as he cleared a wave of Manchester United crosses from the lively Ryan Giggs. A brief row occurred 7 minutes before half time after a scything tackle by Vidic flattened Benzema. The referee deemed it a fair tackle much to the dismay of the Lyon fans who pelted the field with bottles and coins. Little more happened as the first half wound to a close, with Manchester 20-year-old Brazilian Anderson booked for shirt pulling.

The second half kicked off with the same intensity as the first with first Fred going close for Lyon before Lloris was forced into a double save from Senna and Scholes. With frustration mounting among the Manchester United players, Spanish winger Silva was cautioned after planting his elbow into an opponent's face. Welsh veteran Giggs had a glorious chance to level the score but he could only drag his shot wide after an individual show of brilliance took him past two defenders.

Ryan_Giggs_438366a.jpg

"Ageless" Giggs was a torment down the left.

Lyon then scored in the 63th minute with a sweeping counter attack move ending with a clinical finish from Fred to ensure the match was all but over for Manchester United. Both sides had further chances but the scoreline remained at 0-2 as the whistle sounded to signal the end of yet another miserable night for Manchester United.

art.fred.afp.gi.jpg

Fred makes it 2-0 and secured three points for Lyon.

Guest cabbytoodles

Current Form/Fixtures

League - AC Milan 3:1 Home W

League - Roma 0:2 Away L

League - Real Madrid 1:1 Away D

League - Lyon 0:2 Home L

League - Atletico Madrid Away

Cup - Barcelona Away

Guest cabbytoodles

Just an update. For fans of this thread, I'll be reviving it tomorrow morning! :P After all this Man Utd is one of my favorite teams currently with me signing all my favorites youths! Cheers,

Caleb :)

Just an update. For fans of this thread' date=' I'll be reviving it tomorrow morning! :P After all this Man Utd is one of my favorite teams currently with me signing all my favorites youths! Cheers,

Caleb :)[/quote']

i loved reading ur post :D

keep it up caleb :D

Guest cabbytoodles

Since my last post, 5 games have been played. I shan't be doing match reports on this but I will do so when my next result comes around.

Guest cabbytoodles

Current Form/Fixtures

League - AC Milan 3:1 Home W

League - Roma 0:2 Away L

League - Real Madrid 1:1 Away D

League - Lyon 0:2 Home L

League - Atletico Madrid 2:4 Away L

Cup Round 1 - Barcelona 4:3 Away W

League - Zenit St Petersburg 1:0 Home W

League - Inter Milan 1:2 L Home L

League - Sevilla 2:1 Away W

League - Barcelona Home

Cup Round 2 - Bordeaux Home

League - Villareal Away

League - Liverpool Home

Shield Round 2 - Galatasaray

Guest cabbytoodles

49_1204432433.gif140_1204773136.gif

Match Preview: Manchester United v Barcelona

Manchester United prepare to host Spanish powerhouse Barcelona at Old Trafford today with both teams facing a must win situation after under-performing this season. Manchester United, with one of the youngest squad in the League, find themselves languishing in 14th spot after 8 games, just 3 points off the relegation zone. Barcelona have fared no better, currently sitting in 17th spot, just out of the relegation zone due to a superior goal difference.

Team News:

Despite a cup date with Bordeaux just two days after the Barcelona clash, manager Caleb is expected to field a full-strength side with the League said to be his main priority. Caleb however, has to content with missing the services of Portugese creative midfielder, Miguel Danny who is currently sidelined with a stubbed toe. Paul Scholes pasted a late fitness test and should be in line to start.

Barcelona will be looking for revenge after their first-teamers suffered a defeat in the first round of the Cup against Manchester United reserves. Paul Reddan's side are fast facing a trophyless season and a win today for them would be vital. Paul has the luxury of a full squad to choose from.

Key facts:

Wayne Rooney could well wreak havoc when he face his former side Manchester United after moving to Barcelona this season. Samuel Eto'o who moved to Old Trafford as part of the Rooney deal, could also expect a hostile reception by the Barcelona fans.

Manchester United strikers has been misfiring this season, with the top scorers in the team currently as Rio Ferdinand and Michael Carrick with two goals apiece.

The same can be said for Barcelona, whose forwards have four goals between them after 8 league game. No other players have scored for Barcelona though.

Samuel_Eto_o_280x39_503470a.jpgdavid_villa.jpg

Scenes like these becoming rare for Man United forwards, Samuel Eto'o and David Villa.

KarimBenzema_789704.jpgWayne%20Rooney%20Yells.jpg2381881343-soccer-uefa-champions-league-group-c-lazio-v-real-madrid.jpg

Barcelona striking trio Karim Benzema, Wayne Rooney and Van Nistelrooy have not fared much better either.

Guest cabbytoodles

49_1204432433.gif v 140_1204773136.gif

Breaking News: Caleb announces match-squad to face Barcelona.

Team: Edwin Van Der Sar; Patrice Evra, Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand ©; Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Marcos Senna, Luis Anderson, David Silva; Samuel Eto'o, David Villa.

Subs: Joan Capdevilla, Miguel Veloso, Niko Kranjcar, Michael Carrick, Gonzalo Higuain.

Guest cabbytoodles

49_1204432433.gif

Manchester United sign players for their youth squad, with one eye on the future.

English outfit Manchester United has signed 18 youth squad players as they start to plan for the future with a couple of their first-teamers currently on the wrong side of their 30s.

Said Caleb to ESPN soccernet.com.

"I'm pleased with the new additions. Overall, we splurged close to 10 million in securing the services of these youths. Some do not come cheap as their respective clubs aren't willing to sell at a low price. While these lads may not get game time yet, I'll be quick to assure them that they are at the right place to develop and eventually, strike a career at one of the biggest footballing club sides in the world, Manchester Untied."

32866_1226496502.jpg34210_1229082712.jpg34547_1229213415.jpg31789_1217241089.jpg35625_1228311142.jpg33368_1215241124.jpg31827_1223305808.jpg

From Left: Freddie Sears, Barcellos Taison, Abdus Ibrahim, Martin Galvan, Reuben Noble-Lazarus, Henri Saivet, Rensford Osei

Guest cabbytoodles

I've decided to stop the continuation of this thread after I accidentally quitted my Man Utd :mad: I meant to quit another of my team on that account but accidentally clicked Man Utd. I'll do a new thread for the team that I'm gonna get at 2.00 P.M SM time. Any suggestions what team should I go for? Please reply if you follow this thread! Thanks :) I'm thinking Liverpool though. Thoughts?

I've decided to stop the continuation of this thread after I accidentally quitted my Man Utd :mad: I meant to quit another of my team on that account but accidentally clicked Man Utd. I'll do a new thread for the team that I'm gonna get at 2.00 P.M SM time. Any suggestions what team should I go for? Please reply if you follow this thread! Thanks :) I'm thinking Liverpool though. Thoughts?

liverpool or chelsea :D

Guest King Kolo

Hey Cabby.

Want to join WC 4409 when it's made together?

I like doing Match Reports so give it a thought...

Guest cabbytoodles

Hey Cabby.

Want to join WC 4409 when it's made together?

I like doing Match Reports so give it a thought...

Mate! Let's do it! :) I don't know you yet but maybe we could both post in the same thread, which team you going for? So we won't clash!

Guest cabbytoodles

I'm going for Bayern Munich :)

Yep same thread :)

I got Liverpool. I'm Caleb Chee on SM. You? Who'll create the new thread, me or you? Gonna add you on SM first. Hah.

Guest cabbytoodles

Liam O'Connor on SM.

Can You make the thread please :)

Okay mate. Thread's being created now ;)

Guest cabbytoodles

Hey guys can i join you on your Match Reporting Thread in WC 4409? I got Roma btw. And Cabby' date=' just to let you know, I'm a fellow Singaporean too.[/quote']

Okay. Sure I'll add your name to the thread. Can you find it? I just created it! LOL. Cheers I quitted Liverpool to go for Roma only to realize you took it ;) So I'm now happy and settled at Napoli