Greatest Rivalry in the World

El Classico, the Old Firm, the Liverpool and Manchester United Derby, the London Derby, the Derby d'Italia, and the Derby della Madonnina are just some of the most exciting rivalries anywhere in football. Which clash do you think is the toughest?

My favorite is the El Classico. I don't follow Spanish football much, but I can't resist seeing Real Madrid compete with Barcelona. :)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Re: Greatest Rivalry in the World

If you ever want to see a derby match with no quarter given, go to Ibrox/Parkhead and watch Celtic and Rangers go at it. They may not be the best club sides in the world but the atmosphere will take your breath away. Fast, pulsating action from the whistle. David.

never sure why united and city are always mentioned in the same breath when it comes to rivalry.

Whilst theres no real love lost as far as rivals go city havnt been for as long as ive been watching football.

United/Liverpool is where our rivalry is at always has been always will be. neither club like the other, fans even less and it stems from success as well as geographical location.

That being said nothing compares to the rivalry in south america, those guys really dont like each other :0

It has to be Man U liverpool in England.Man U and City may be rivals jus not as firce as Man U and Liverpool.

Loved it when we stuffed em 3-0 hated it when we lost 2-1

When Man U lost to City the first time last season i wasn't too bovered but at the Muich i was for obivous reasons.You would have though it was written for Man u to win but it wasn't

I heard Dai mention Galatasaray - Besiktas.

The thing is that it's really a circle of all three where they hate each other. But the main hate is Fenerbahce - Galatasaray. I dare you to go to a Fenerbahce game, sit in a Fenerbahce supporter section with a Galatasaray jersey on. And trust me it won't be soft like in England, they won't just boo ya if you know what I'm saying. :P

The thing is that it's really a circle of all three where they hate each other. But the main hate is Fenerbahce - Galatasaray. I dare you to go to a Fenerbahce game' date=' sit in a Fenerbahce supporter section with a Galatasaray jersey on. And trust me it won't be soft like in England, they won't just boo ya if you know what I'm saying. :P[/quote']

I did that in Manchester when I was younger, I was about 10 though so nobody did anything. ;)

The thing is that it's really a circle of all three where they hate each other. But the main hate is Fenerbahce - Galatasaray. I dare you to go to a Fenerbahce game' date=' sit in a Fenerbahce supporter section with a Galatasaray jersey on. And trust me it won't be soft like in England, they won't just boo ya if you know what I'm saying. :P[/quote']

i ain't buying a flight ticet and hotel and match tickets and a shirt for a dare mate

Does anyone watc Danny Diers football factories that has a a few

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Try sitting at the wrong end of a Celtic / Rangers match, they won't just boo you there either, you wouldn't come out alive ;)

I did that in Manchester when I was younger' date=' I was about 10 though so nobody did anything. ;)[/quote']

Lol not a smart move. I did that when I was in Hannover, I wore a Bremen jersey. I was like 12 and was with my grandpa. Anyway I wasn't really in the Hannover supporter section and even if I was they probably wouldn't have cared. :D

But honest, the Fenerbahce and Galatasaray rivalry is unimaginable!

kHnNMvNQFHs

And on a funnier note:

QyfV2OBkD2Y

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I'm sure that it's bad' date=' but I can guarantee it's not as bad as in Turkey.[/quote']

I can't respond to how bad the Turkey game is but sad to say, Rangers and Celtic's affairs run much deeper than football, it is fermented by religious bigotry and hatred. There was a time when not only could a Catholic not play for Rangers, but if a Rangers player married a Catholic...he was transferred out of the club. As a Scot myself I am not proud of this situation, but having been born and brought up in Glasgow, it's not just football that is affected by your religion but your whole way of life. It may have changed for the better now but when I was a kid leaving school, if you were a Protestant you had a much better chance of a good job than a Catholic kid. I was an apprentice and when I asked one day why they didn't hire a friend of mine, I was told in no uncertain manner that it was because he was a "Tim" (Catholic) My boss (Unknown to me) was a mason and NEVER would employ a Catholic. Unfortunately he wasn't the only person who thought like that back then.

Celtic v Rangers isnt as intense as it was, even compared to 10 years ago. But in saying that it dosnt really take much to spark it again.

All seater stadium, 12:30 kick off times, high ticket prices and both Clubs banning people for songs that they deem un-acceptable is starting to kill the atmosphere and spectacle. imo of course.