• 3-5-2
    • 4-3-2-1
    • 4-3-1-2
    • 4-2-3-1
    • 4-3-3
    • 4-5-1
    • Other (Explain in thread)

Re: Best Formation - Updated.

For me personally it's the 4-3-1-2 if the right tactics are used.

3-5-2 is also good so it's between those two for me.

Worst formation I can think of is 4-2-2-2, 4-4-2 (In GC's mainly), 3-2-2-2-1

There isn't a best formation. A good formation for one match might be awful for another. It comes down largely to luck and what tactics your opponent play. And the formation itself is only half of it, tactics are important as well.

In terms of most consistent, it has to be 3-5-2, or 3-4-1-2, but only because most people use 4-4-2 and both those formations counter it.

Personally I am a fan of the standard 4-4-2 it is simple yet effective with the correct tactics. I always play players in their primary positions and that seems to work.

Alternatively I use a 4-2-2-2 tight at the back with 4 defenders, two defensive mids, two attacking mids and two forwards. the correct tactics here and you have a great formation.

But at the end of the day its down to what players you have, that ultimately decides which formation you use.

I achieved my best ever debut season with Liverpool using 4-2-3-1 and Ive used that formation ever since. 20 matches unbeaten.

This is the best formation for a 'big' team imo (if right tactics are used). You will get the best results against any team with a lower squad rating and beat 8 out of 10 teams generally.

If you're a 'mino' and want to knock out a big team in the cup or have a lower rated squad than many teams in your league, use 3-4-1-2 (again, right tactics are needed).

If you are up against unmanaged sides weak in, weak out, then 3-5-2 is probably the best one you'll try.

4-4-2 Default isn't too bad either.

I find the main key to winning games is consistency in the formation. Not sure if there is actually a feature linked to this, but it always seems to work best for me.

I used 3-5-2 for all my clubs.

Usually at first I lost a lot. But after the first victory, 3-5-2 started to show its power. My Hamburger team have been unbeaten ever since October! My other clubs also did quite well after a series of losses at the start.

This is the best formation for a 'big' team imo (if right tactics are used). You will get the best results against any team with a lower squad rating and beat 8 out of 10 teams generally.

If you're a 'mino' and want to knock out a big team in the cup or have a lower rated squad than many teams in your league' date=' use 3-4-1-2 (again, right tactics are needed).

If you are up against unmanaged sides weak in, weak out, then 3-5-2 is probably the best one you'll try.

4-4-2 Default isn't too bad either.

I find the main key to winning games is consistency in the formation. Not sure if there is actually a feature linked to this, but it always seems to work best for me.[/quote']

Playing 3-5-2 against unmanaged, weaker teams, my Shakhtar always had a high probability to lose (it's unfair, since 3-5-2 is supposed to be counter formation for 4-4-2:mad: )... At least I seldom lost to a managed team, but the results often appeared to be unreasonable against unmanaged teams:( .

To knock out a big team in a cup seemed to be not so hard for me. Since big teams are usually managed, you can always try counter formation. My Shakhtar team (in division 2) just successfully knocked out Arsenal (2-0) and Liverpool (3-0) B) using counter formation. So it actually depends on what your opponent's using. Always check your opponent's last fixture!;)

I only manage 1 team... so it's much harder to find a suitable formation...

I made 2 whole seasons switching to different formations (4-5-1, 3-5-2, 3-4-1-2, 3-4-2-1, 3-2-2-2-1, 4-2-3-1...) and I have only now found a formation I really like; the 5-4-1. It's just incredible with the right tactics... results so far: 14 wins, 3 draws and 1 lost from the last 18 games. I love it :)

thats why.. 4-3-1-2 is so useful, its hard to counter.

I dont think i have the knowledge to give you the answer, ask around and someone who is experienced Will give you a good counter formation.:D

I play 4-2-4 with my Aston Villa, and due to an internet problem, I couldnt do my team. Meaning that a Villa team with Carew and Delfouneso up front, O'Halloran at LB, Isaiah Osbourne at CM and Zoltan Steiber at LM only lost to Barcelona 5-3, Delfouneso and Carew x2. I find it quite successful, despite the weirdness of 4 up front.

this may sound weird but i had some success with a team in John gooze's english championship. I use to play 5-3-2 for most of my matches [with an attacking style], but for the big games I use to change my formations around. Finished 3rd which is a promotion spot and got promoted to the first division. Sadly I left the club, and moved on which was about a year ago now.