Sign in to follow this  
Motty

Best CB in the world

Best CB in the world  

1. 1.

Re: Best CB in the world

Rio Ferdinand

Nice reasoning for your decision...:rolleyes:

I have gone with Nemanja Vidic... One of the best signings Sir Alex has made IMO....Ever!

His ability in the air is amazing, better than Rio (Jaa Jaa! :P ), he has good pace and is fearless... All good attributes in a World Class defender!

I have gone with Nemanja Vidic... One of the best signings Sir Alex has made IMO....Ever!

His ability in the air is amazing' date=' better than Rio (Jaa Jaa! :P ), he has good pace and is fearless... All good attributes in a World Class defender![/quote']

Agree with that, yet still feel rio is better just. His reading of the game is world class, also strong and good in the air etc

Together they make the best partnership in world football imo. I do feel that truely world class cb's are sometimes only as good as there defensive partner and those to compliment each other perfectly.

Agree with that' date=' yet still feel rio is better just. His reading of the game is world class, also strong and good in the air etc

Together they make the best partnership in world football imo. I do feel that truely world class cb's are sometimes only as good as there defensive partner and those to compliment each other perfectly.[/quote']

I agree that they are the best pairing in the World.... By far...

Also Terry and Carvalho is a good pairing...

As is Pepe and Cannavaro....(When Pepe keeps his head :P:rolleyes: )

I cant say that there are many pairings in Europe that I like as much as these three....(Apart from Taylor and Collocini that is, of course..:P )

Vidic with out a doubt is the best CB in the world he will go into any tackle he got leverd in the derby the other day when he got Kicked in the chin and stomach and Richards went down! but Rio is better than Cannavaro and Terry By Miles

Vidic is my pick at the moment. 2nd is Ivan Cordoba and 3rd is probably still Nesta (when he's fit).

Of the other's on that list, Cannavaro is way past his best (he's been Real's weakest link at the back for a while now) and I don't see him as a world class defender anymore... Puyol is the most overrated footballer on the planet (Raul Albiol is Spain's only top CB)... Terry is quality, but not as good as Rio or Carvalho at the moment... Lucio is better with the ball than without it (Demichelis is Bayern's best CB, Juan is probably Brazil's best)... Carragher is overshadowed by Skrtel these days, and it's only a matter of time before Agger takes his place.

Vidic is my pick at the moment. 2nd is Ivan Cordoba and 3rd is probably still Nesta (when he's fit).

Of the other's on that list' date=' [b']Cannavaro is way past his best [/b](he's been Real's weakest link at the back for a while now) and I don't see him as a world class defender anymore... Puyol is the most overrated footballer on the planet (Raul Albiol is Spain's only top CB)... Terry is quality, but not as good as Rio or Carvalho at the moment... Lucio is better with the ball than without it (Demichelis is Bayern's best CB, Juan is probably Brazil's best)... Carragher is overshadowed by Skrtel these days, and it's only a matter of time before Agger takes his place.

he speaks the truth :) gotta listen ti this guy

Of the other's on that list' date=' Cannavaro is way past his best (he's been Real's weakest link at the back for a while now) and I don't see him as a world class defender anymore... Puyol is the most overrated footballer on the planet (Raul Albiol is Spain's only top CB)... Terry is quality, but not as good as Rio or Carvalho at the moment... Lucio is better with the ball than without it (Demichelis is Bayern's best CB, Juan is probably Brazil's best)... Carragher is overshadowed by Skrtel these days, and it's only a matter of time before Agger takes his place.[/quote']

Agree with the above except about Carra, I don't think Carra is one of the worlds best but hes head and shoulders above Skirtel.

Before Skirtel was injured he was making loads and loads of positional errors and the only thing which bailed us out was Carra covering him, if anyone watches clips of LFC earlier this season they will see what I mean.

Skirtel also dives into tackles and gives away wayyy to many uneeded free kicks, hes going to be a decent CB no doubt but hes got a long way to go yet

I would probably go with Vidic as my choice for this thread as well, although I don't see enough of other leagues to say hes definatly better than defenders from those.

As much as I love JT he isnt the best CB at Chelsea let alone the world. Carvalho is the best for me as he is a quality reader of the game, a great tackler and he oozes class on the ball. Carvalho is more comfortable with the ball at is feet then most midfielders! Rio is a very close second for me...

I like Carvalho but I dont think he is as good as JT

Cannavaro is a bit past it, Lucio has been improving quite a bit I think. I think Vidic is good but I dont think he should be winning this poll, but its your opinion.

I voted for Puyol.

:eek: EXCUSE ME! But Where is this Guy in all of this :eek:

3300446571-soccer-barclays-premier-league-derby-county-v-arsenal-pride-park.jpg

Just look at that Close Control!

On a serious Note though, IMO, JT is The best defender Ive seen come to PP, hes so calm on the ball and just nothing seems to bother him, Mind, it was against Derby :rolleyes:

But no, when he plays for England, he is our best defender by a mile, and thats why hes captain of Club and Country.

cme on its got to be vidic ot terry bnecause terry makes jus too many errors and vidic hardley makes any viic tackles more harder wit agreesion and win mor then terry all terry has is heading skill and leadership

im not saying terry is rubbis or somethink