Pavel Pogrebnyak or Chaves Fred?

jamboman

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum and already I'm looking for some advice. I'm. looking for a new centre forward for one of my teams and I have the possibility of signing one of the above two. They're both 91 rated, both are 25 and they would both cost me about the same amount of money. I have an idea of which one of the two may be the better buy but I would be very grateful for some feedback guys:)

Re: Pavel Pogrebnyak or Chaves Fred?

Thanks for the info. Fred is the one I was thinking of siding with. They both know where the net is but I think Fred has a bit more gyle than Pogrebnyak, you know, that little bit extra as well as goals. Was just looking to see what other people thought. Your reply was really appreciated. Thank you.

I too would go for Pogrebnyak ahead of Fred.

Fred has never really cemented a place in the Lyon or Brazil sides whereas Pogre was the top scorer in the UEFA cup last season and 3rd top scorer in the league after (Adamov and Pavlyuchenko). He would have played in Euro 2008 too if not for a big injury just days before the tournament (which makes Russia's achievement all the more impressive by the way).

Thank you for your opinions guys. Your advice has allowed me to have a rethink and a deeper look into it. You're right when you say that Pogrebnyak is the man at Zenit, well, upfront anyway. When he's fit, he plays. And true Fred has a bit competition at Lyon with the likes of Benzema and Baros etc. However Fred was making a lot of noise at the begining of this year about leaving Lyon if he didn't get more first team oppurtunities. So I wouldn't rule out a move in the near future if he doesn't start to get more football and if that happens he may indeed get himself back up to a 92 rating at another club. However I've heard rumours that Pogrebnyak is impressing people at Bayern Munich and if he were to move there then surely a slight rating increase might follow. It's a hard one for me still but I'm very grateful for all your opinions and advice. Thank you very much gents.

Thank you for your opinions guys. Your advice has allowed me to have a rethink and a deeper look into it. You're right when you say that Pogrebnyak is the man at Zenit' date=' well, upfront anyway. When he's fit, he plays. And true Fred has a bit competition at Lyon with the likes of Benzema and Baros etc. However Fred was making a lot of noise at the begining of this year about leaving Lyon if he didn't get more first team oppurtunities. So I wouldn't rule out a move in the near future if he doesn't start to get more football and if that happens he may indeed get himself back up to a 92 rating at another club. However I've heard rumours that Pogrebnyak is impressing people at Bayern Munich and if he were to move there then surely a slight rating increase might follow. It's a hard one for me still but I'm very grateful for all your opinions and advice. Thank you very much gents.[/quote']

Beware though my friend, if he were to go to Bayern (I haven't heard anything about it but I'll take your word for it) he'll be behind Klose and Toni and Podolski if he doesn't leave. Podolski serves as a cautionary tale for any striker joining Bayern.

You're right. This is what makes it hard, trying to see what might happen for each player in the future without the aid of a crystal ball, lol. It was just a rumour, nothing concrete, but I'm sure it was around about October time where I read about Bayern being interested in Pogrebnyak. I'm sure they would only take him though if either Toni or Klose were on the move because the three of them are very similar players. All big, physical goal poachers and Bayern would probably have to cough up some serous dough for Pogre if they were to go for him. I can't see them doing that if they only saw him as being cover for both Toni and Klose.

Good suggestion. I was starting to think he was going a bit stale at Milan. He looked lazy and uninterested. It certainly looks like the move to Florence has done him the world of good and he is starting to look like one of the better strikers in Europe again. However in this particular game world Gilardino is a Liverpool and it looks like he a first choice pick in that team.

Yeah but just because he plays for you doesnt mean he will play well for anyone else' date=' were on about his real life form and if he will hold onto his rating and if he will rise in the future etc ![/quote']

Lol, feel your frustration there as you're reading down!

There's no point saying a player is better becaue they're playing well for you in SM, it's all outside based, as Adamski said. I gave an 87 a cup game, and he got a 10 but that doesn't mean he's going to replace Mertesacker...

jamboman

Went ahead and signed Pogrebnyak for 14.75m. Hope it pays off. Thanks for all your help guys

Good lad :P. Easier the better signing i'd say. Russian football is on the up and up, and from what i've seen of the two players, i'd say Pog is a better player anyway.

Fred seems to be struggling to cement a place in either team, whereas Pog is first choice for all he does :P.

under 15mil as well is a bargain!