What is the best formation to play with Barcelona. I've tried a 4-3-1-2 and a 4-3-3 to no success. I'm 19th place. Look at my record:

P4 W0 D1 L3 F4 A10 GD-6 Pts 1

This is terrible. I have some of the best players in the game. Messi, Eto, Xavi, Puyol etc and I just can't win.

I need help with my team style as well as thats not making me win.

Anyone help please!!!!

Re: Barcelona help

i reckon there is some anti- barca bias in the match engine. im pretty decent manager, and have assembled squads similiar to barca's in quality and experienced a good level of success. Where as when managing barcelona, and choosing tried and testing tactics they always seem to fail, or draw at best. Only advice i can give you is to try as many different formations as possible, and if you win, keep it the same. Dont be afraid to try the unorthodox formations or team style, but i mean this still didnt work for me. Let me know how you get on and sorry i couldnt be more helpful.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Re: Barcelona help

i reckon there is some anti- barca bias in the match engine. im pretty decent manager' date=' and have assembled squads similiar to barca's in quality and experienced a good level of success. Where as when managing barcelona, and choosing tried and testing tactics they always seem to fail, or draw at best. Only advice i can give you is to try as many different formations as possible, and if you win, keep it the same. Dont be afraid to try the unorthodox formations or team style, but i mean this still didnt work for me. Let me know how you get on and sorry i couldnt be more helpful.[/quote']

I am in a WC377 league and Barcelona, along with Chelsea have dominated the league since day one. We are in our 6th season now, this will be my first full season with Roma in the league after finishing a positive 8th last season. After 18 matches I am lying in 3rd place behind ...guess who? Chelsea and Barcelona, again dominating the league because of one very good reason, they are VERY GOOD managers. Perhaps you were talking tongue in cheek when you said that the match engine has something against Barcelona :) To the problem at hand, I agree with Ayman that you have to dabble and try out things. Use the friendlies to try and gel players together. If you have top players, though it's no guarantee for success, it does help ;) so experiment with your squad, play to your strengths and I am sure it will work itself out. David