Richard Dunne, Joris Mathijsen and Vincent Kompany

jamboman

Hi guys, looking for some guidance again. I took on a PSV team who were bottom of the 4 division without a win in the 9 games that had been played. I started on Saturday with my first game about an hour later before I could sign any players. I managed to squeak a 0-0 draw with Feyenoord and in my second game last night I won 7-1 away to LA Galaxy. The team was a complete teardown and I've managed to sign players like Niklas Bendtner, Jimmy Briand, Dario Cvitanich, Luis Fernandinho, Orlando Engelaar, Igor Denisov, Pereira Ilsinho and Brad Friedel. I've also managed to sign a couple of defenders but what I'm really needing is a couple of solid centre backs. I'm looking to perhaps sign 2 out of the 3 mentioned in the title of this post. They're all rated 90 with differing values. Kompany is by far the most expensive but will also I imagine have the greatest potential for rating increase. Dunne has recently had a rating decrease. I can't see him going lower than 90 for a good while and he seems to have cheaper wages than the other two which is good thing when you're trying to watch your budget. Mathijsen a mainstay in the Dutch and Hamburger SV teams may increase to 91 but I doubt he will go any further than that. Dunne and Mathijsen would cost roughly the same with Kompany considerably more expensive. Who do you think I should go for? As always I would be very grateful for any feedback you may have guys.

Re: Richard Dunne, Joris Mathijsen and Vincent Kompany

Hi guys' date=' looking for some guidance again. I took on a PSV team who were bottom of the 4 division without a win in the 9 games that had been played. I started on Saturday with my first game about an hour later before I could sign any players. I managed to squeak a 0-0 draw with Feyenoord and in my second game last night I won 7-1 away to LA Galaxy. The team was a complete teardown and I've managed to sign players like Niklas Bendtner, Jimmy Briand, Dario Cvitanich, Luis Fernandinho, Orlando Engelaar, Igor Denisov, Pereira Ilsinho and Brad Friedel. I've also managed to sign a couple of defenders but what I'm really needing is a couple of solid centre backs. I'm looking to perhaps sign 2 out of the 3 mentioned in the title of this post. They're all rated 90 with differing values. Kompany is by far the most expensive but will also I imagine have the greatest potential for rating increase. Dunne has recently had a rating decrease. I can't see him going lower than 90 for a good while and he seems to have cheaper wages than the other two which is good thing when you're trying to watch your budget. Mathijsen a mainstay in the Dutch and Hamburger SV teams may increase to 91 but I doubt he will go any further than that. Dunne and Mathijsen would cost roughly the same with Kompany considerably more expensive. Who do you think I should go for? As always I would be very grateful for any feedback you may have guys.[/quote']

Go for...

1.Kompany

2.Mathijsen

3.Dunne

(1 being the best)

Go for Mathijsen.

He should rise to a 91 in the next change. He should. First teamer for the Netherlands, and has been solid for HSV for years.

Kompany is more of a defensive midfielder, but a world-class one at that. Wouldn't be surprised if he too rose to a 91.

Dunne is a good defender, but his team aren't too strong defensively. I can't see him rising back to the 91 he used to be.

I don't think Mathijsen will leave HSV to be honest, he seems really settled there so you are right in saying it is unlikely he will rise past the 91, however, all we need is Hamburg to finish in the top 2 or 3 in the Bundesliga, and maybe reach the semis of the UEFA Cup and things could change :D

Thanks guys. Dunne was just a thought because of the cheap wages. I mean money no object I would pick Mathijsen over Dunne any day of the week. I've seen quite a few ropey defensive displays not just from Man City but from Dunne individually. The one that springs to mind was actually when Ireland were thrashed by Cyprus. Dunne was truely shocking in that game. I've never seen a performance like that from Mathijsen. However I'm not in charge of the rating changes and Dunne is playing in the premiership which may be a factor. I think though I'll take your advice guys and go for Mathijsen. Cheers for the feedback.