Rod Fanni; Buy him PLEASE! (for your own sake)

darshan j.

Okay, now don't make fun of the name please.

No, don't go on saying Rod Fanny. Please. I hope that isn't censored haha.

Rod Fanni

1218.jpg

Position: RB

Rating: 89

Rise? +1 to 90 next, 91 by the end of the season.

Rod Fanni received his first callup to the French national squad for the friendly against Uruguay on November 19th, as a result of an injury to Bakari Sagna, and this was a result of...

Rennes finished 6th in 2007/08, with Fanni making 28 league starts. That meant they qualified for the Intertoto Cup, which according to Wikipedia, they won... only to crash out against FC Twente on away goals (well that was this season. Got a problem? Suck on mine). Pretty good season. And the Fanny was crucial.

This season, they are a whopping third in the Frog League, with only one defeat in 17 matches. Fanni has, again, been nigh irreplaceable. And he's scored a goal too! He's kicked the ball with his leg past a goalkeeper to the extent that the ball has flown like a fish that gets netted in those fishnets (oooh fishnets, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah), but yeah whatever, he's scored. Brilliant.

So anyhoo, before Rennes he was at Nice and was nice and solid over there, very nice and solid Fanni was. ;) Solid fanny. Hmmmmmmm.

People say "Oh, Lordy! It's so blimmin' hard to get a decent right back on the game! What should I do? Oh right I know, I should go out and buy Leroy Fer and wait lightyears for him to rise to such an extent that he can play for my first team!" Well, now, grab this Fanni and grin at it.

So yes. Repeat after me.

This is a Fanni worth investing in!

Note: It's my prediction based on how he's done so far in the last few years that he'd reach a 91 by the end of the season, and provided he continues to get called up by France and plays well for Rennes.

Either way he'll be a 90 when the next changes are reviewed.

Go on and tap that Fanni!

Re: Rod Fanni; Buy him PLEASE! (for your own sake)

Somebody's getting crazy here:D

Another African-French who's getting the nod for the national team.

He's doing great, I agree with you.

Esp. for those who are complaining that he RB's are all gone in their setups-he's your choice.

Glen Johnson is younger, is playing REGULARY for a strong NT (just as strong as France, no doubt about that), is playing in the UEFA Cup this season, scores more and assists more in a stronger league... and he is 89 too.

So i would take Johnson every day in front of this guy ;)

But still a good find, he might rise to 90 sooner rather than later

Glen Johnson is younger, is playing REGULARY for a strong NT (just as strong as France, no doubt about that), is playing in the UEFA Cup this season, scores more and assists more in a stronger league... and he is 89 too.

yeah but johnson is a bit more expensive.

Glen Johnson is younger' date=' is playing REGULARY for a strong NT (just as strong as France, no doubt about that), is playing in the UEFA Cup this season, scores more and assists more in a stronger league... and he is 89 too.

yeah but johnson is a bit more expensive.[/quote']

You're seriously not saying that you can't afford an extra £0.8m?

Lell is another player who I'd have over Fanni, also very cheap CV at Bayern.

But this guy is the 3rd best choice for an under 90 RB who could hit 90. :P

Yeah, alright, but you see with Lell and Johnson they are the most valuable right-backs at Bayern and Portsmouth whereas Fanni is at an unavailable to manage club, which means all you have to do is like offer... your reserve keepers and maybe a small wad of cash and he'd be yours...

Yeah' date=' alright, but you see with Lell and Johnson they are the most valuable right-backs at Bayern and Portsmouth whereas Fanni is at an unavailable to manage club, which means all you have to do is like offer... your reserve keepers and maybe a small wad of cash and he'd be yours...[/quote']

Ye but it depends what setup you're in. ;) The only setups with Portsmouth and Bayern but no Rennes are WC's (Are Portsmouth in WC's) and possible a few customs. If you're in EC, SC, G(erman)C, FC, etc then you would have the option of 2/3 of them.

should I buy him for about 9M or Gourcuff for 12M

I need both of them but I need a better riser.

Gourcuff all day.

He's awesome and he's a Milan player, on loan, so he's (technically) at a better club.

12m for him is a bargain.

Nice find with this guy Darshan :P

He'll be a nice little investment for people looking for sub 90's, and you're right about the reserve keeper and a couple of mil theory!

Unfortunately at my PSG I got Sagna and Lell, but I'll have a look if I need him with some other teams.

And i take fanny to be a sexual euphemism. Seeing how darshan is reacting.

Hey I see so many threads which are just so boring (no offence) and say 'Oh player A is going to rise to 86 because he scored six goals in 9 games'

And when you have a name like this you must make use of it! Entertain the crowd!

Hahah

Hey I see so many threads which are just so boring (no offence) and say 'Oh player A is going to rise to 86 because he scored six goals in 9 games'

And when you have a name like this you must make use of it! Entertain the crowd!

Hahah

Well it made me laugh anyway :)

Kept my eye on him myself this season. looks good. dont want him to move to everton though !

Well done lad

• 2 months later...

Update:

Rod Fanni has played every minute of Rennes' league campaign thus far, that is, all 27 games. He really is looking like a brilliant prospect for France, now that Sagnol is out of the picture and Sagna's hair still resembles that of an elongated tarantula. The French also do need some variation with the names of their right backs - Sagnol and Sagna; not very imaginative for a country who have been creative enough to look at a frog (or snail) and say :

'I'm gonna put this slimy little into my mouth. Now that'd save me a sixpence during this horrific global recession!'

Meanwhile, Bayern Munich have ruled him out as an option as a replacement for 'little Willy' Sagnol as they are not willing to venture into 'large Rod' Fanni. This is probably so that Uli Hoeness can attempt to dispel the rumours of him being a homosexual, but by doing this he would look like he's trying to say he's not a homo which in turn shows that he's trying to cover something up and I am going to put a fullstop here because I need to breathe. Oh these French names.

He's still an 89 for some ridicularse reason, and now I've checked that the ridicularse reason is that the changes have not been done. Or have they? Nah they cannot have. Either way Fanni's been linked with a lot of clubs, but it's not like Rennes are doing all that badly. Of course they aren't. They've only conceded 17 in 27 games, and only lost 3 of those matches.

Snap him up if you haven't already, he's the next 90+ RB (yes, he's better than Rafael da blimmin' Silva Surfer!). It's a toss-up between a 90 and 91 depending if SM are planning a massacre of the French Ligue 1 ratings like they did the Scotsmans Kilt League and the Dutch Clog Division.

Hey DJ' date='

I agree, am a huge fan of his but am curious about your Bayern dismissal. Have you got a source because last I heard, the Bavarians were SUPER keen on signing him as a replacement for Sagnol as Oddo hadn't lived up to expectations.

Cheers,

Herby[/quote']

Sure do Herbs ;)

Bayern :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sure do Herbs ;)

Bayern :)

Yeah I have since found several sources quoting fat Hoeness! :mad:

I think he would've been a good option for Bayern but I think they have their eyes on Rafinha now :eek::rolleyes:

I was hugely disappointed that he didn't rise, I was 95% sure he would for ALL the reasons I stated in the french ratings thread. Considering the couple of A-caps he has for France now not to mention Rennes defensive record is superb (best in Ligue 1, conceeding a measely .66 goals per game), and the club is doing well in the league and he's played EVERY minute for them so what were the SMonkies thinking??? If only Rennes had a decent/reliable goalscorer then they'd be top 3 material imho. :o

Oh well, maybe NEXT time!!! :P

Cheers mate.

Herby