Manager Expectations Poll - Vote!

Manager Expectations Poll - Vote!  

1. 1.

• Yes, I want SM to be the best online football manager out there and most realistic as possible.
    • No, I'm sorry but I don't like this feature.

Guest R. Peters

Hello guys, we've had some really good posts about this manager expectations, being a good improvement, challenge & realism. If you haven't read it yet, your not to late just click the link and get up to date.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=33428

Anyway, It's now time to vote on your honest opinion(s). Would you like to see the 'Manager Expectations' feature added? If we get enough positive, with a good reason, it would be good to implement and SM would actually take it into strong consideration.

Fingers crossed, let's get voting.

Re: Manager Expectations Poll - Vote!

Well, some managers will like it, and some won't. But I like the way SM is currently. I myself enjoy to buy a lot of youth into my teams, a long term preparation. If I take over teams with expectations, I cannot spend my money on the youthful players, but on bigger, more-expensive players, just so that I acheive the expectations.

If expectations were introduced, 1/2 of the managers in a setup would get sacked by the end of the first season, and that would just increase over time as I have noticed that transfers become harder in older game worlds.

I have read the previous thread, and I know that a lot of people support it. But, you cannot change something and expect no drawbacks. And, we won't know what we think of Manager Expectations until we experience it. Perhaps SM could introduce Manager Expectations in only a few game worlds (Custom & European?)... Because, there are lots of rookie managers out there, who aren't very good when it comes to the matchday. Perhaps only the top division teams? I don't really know, but it could put a lot of people off SM, because most of the current SM users, are new to the game because of SM's rapid improvement over the past year. And certainly, It would add a LOT of pressure, wouldn't it?

Although i like the idea there is one thing i have never liked. Sacking manager.

I have played this game for nearly 3 years, and since the very start i have had a Feyenoord team. I successful promoted them the first season, and since then i have made mixed finishes.

7 Division 1 10th

6 Division 1 5th

5 Division 1 9th

4 Division 1 14th

3 Division 1 6th

2 Division 1 13th

Know, in season 3 i got a very good finish. So would the chairman wish me to finish there again? As you can see in then dropped quite a few places. So would i get a striker for that finish, and also the 10 finish?

I would really hate it if i lost my Feyenoord team as they are a piece of my history on SM:( :o

So although i like the idea, and have voted yes, i would not like to see sacking implemented. Maybe you just get less chairman funds instead.

Guest R. Peters

Thanks for the feedback guys, but as I mentioned... It would have to be ALOT to get sacked from your club and, there will also be positive outcomes from the expectations. Thanks for the feedback though guys, hopefully SM will take this into strong consideration and implement it from their list of other improvements.