Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

But in their official website there's no mention about this. In l'équipe there is' date=' so I guess that's the source of the Swedish mag. In l'équipe, Triaud say though that transfer isn't done yet, rather Triaud says that it will be finished within a weak and they'll waste no longer time for that. Tigana tends to make good finds in youth players, so this may be a good player.[/quote']

It's official now on Crvena Zvezda's homepage.

what do you think about a tranfer bid about Alou Diarra (Bordeaux) if i propose a change with Loic Remy (Nice)?

Well' date=' Remy definately will break the 90 barrier if he moves to a higher club, but if Bordeaux plays like they should, I can see Diarra have a shot at 92if he play great this season, but perhaps he had a bigger chance last season or they year before when Bordeaux competed in CL also. I say this, if you need a striker, do the deal, if you need a midfielder more, don't do it.

hi didi / pazzano any other french expert lol

do you think lacazette will get some game time a lyon next season , he's really impressing me for the U19's championship

Aulas (the chairman of Lyon) has said that Lyon will be playing the youths alot more next season, and with Lyon competing in many tournaments, I believe he will end up getting many minutes. He does have potential, which we saw at the end of the last season and obviously during this U-19 tournament. I have some high hopes for this kid.

And Savic scored the winning goal in his first match for Bordeaux (friendly against Tours). It seems indeed that Tigana plays a 4-4-2, with Gouffran and Cavenaghi up front. The midfield formation is either diamond or 4-1-3-2 type (Bordeaux using wing backs the wide midfielders indeed play more central roles), Plasil and Wendel playing quite high. Diarra the lonely DM, not moving to OM it seems, so this starting lineup is about to confirm for next season, seen that Gourcuff doesn't move (that would change a lot). This is the old Bordeaux-formation, before Blanc changed it to 4-2-3-1 when Cavenaghi got out of form (but he also played this formation first and even later sometimes).

Got a few questions I want to ask,my first one is that Ben Arfa seems to be coming too Newcastle,I know his a class player but has a huge attitude problem but my question is more what position he plays in,do you think he plays best as a winger or as an attacking midfeilder behind the striker? I ask because I feel we need the latter rather than former if we are to get him,the other two questions are about my Notts County side in EC106,I currently have Rod Fanni and Thomas Mangani and wondered whether it was worth keeping them both,I was hoping to exchange Fanni for a 90 rated player but if he moves to Atletico it would change that as his more likely to get a 90 there than at Rennes,Mangani depends on how much game time you think he will get at Monaco next season as there is a few other defensive talents I could quite easily get to replace him.

Got a few questions I want to ask' date='my first one is that Ben Arfa seems to be coming too Newcastle,I know his a class player but has a huge attitude problem but my question is more what position he plays in,do you think he plays best as a winger or as an attacking midfeilder behind the striker? I ask because I feel we need the latter rather than former if we are to get him,the other two questions are about my Notts County side in EC106,I currently have Rod Fanni and Thomas Mangani and wondered whether it was worth keeping them both,I was hoping to exchange Fanni for a 90 rated player but if he moves to Atletico it would change that as his more likely to get a 90 there than at Rennes,Mangani depends on how much game time you think he will get at Monaco next season as there is a few other defensive talents I could quite easily get to replace him.[/quote']

Oh, Ben Arfa is more of a winger than AM in my opinion. He is a class player on his day, but as you said, the attitude problems is in the way of him in becoming a world class player. Rumors are also saying that Milan and l'OM has agreed on a season long loan regarding him :P

I'd keep Fanni, he should move to Atletico. Take in notice though that Atletico has said they haven't got any cash to spend on players this summer unless any player(s) leaves. Roberto left for 8.5M €, and they bought inFelipe for 12M €. Rennes wants 8.5M € for Fanni, so the question is, can they afford him...? Nonetheless, if you can't get any talented youngster at the RB slot (it's hard in EC 106, I know!), then sell him. If you are also looking for an RB within France, the ideal option should be Jallet in my opinion. The assist king, and if PSG do well next season (which they should), he should rise to 89, and if he is enjoying another great season this upcoming one, then a move outside of France is likely to happen.

Regarding Mangani: With Hansson (who is Lacombe's favourite), and with other talented defenders such as N'Koulou and Mongongu, he'll find it hard to get a starting place at the centre of the defence. But I can see him beeing the starting RB since Modesto left for Greece. I don't follow Monaco that much, so you may ask Didi or Phillippe to be 100% sure.

if PSG do well next season (which they should), he should rise to 89, and if he is enjoying another great season this upcoming one, then a move outside of France is likely to happen.

Not so sure about all that. It's true PSG may put a good season this years ( id say around 6 to8 ) if they biuld 2 defenders ( like bizevac or basa ) but it seem they are almost already out of money.

So if they don't buy it may end up like last years.

And next years PSG may loose many players, if i'm right 4/5 will end their contract (giuly, make, kezman, sammy and some other ) and they will probably loose hoarau and sessegnon. So jallet will most certainly stay for 1 or 2 more years after this one and 2011/2012 with all the player they may loose could be a hard years for PSG.

SO in the end, like you said he will probably rise to 89 too but for the next 3 years we shouldn't hope to see him move for a bigger club

still speaking of psg, MAKONDA seem to do well and may play game this years and seeing how doing Edel, Areola may end up 2nd keeper ( and maybe have some game too )

Not so sure about all that. It's true PSG may put a good season this years ( id say around 6 to8 ) if they biuld 2 defenders ( like bizevac or basa ) but it seem they are almost already out of money.

So if they don't buy it may end up like last years.

That may be true, but they want to let go of Kezman, don't they. I mean, they tries doing so throughout the whole last season, and now when he is on his final year, they should really try to cash in on him. Giuly has been rumored to go to America, and they should really cash in on him aswell. Besides, he nor Kezman shouldn't be starters next season. I mean, Hoarau and Erdinc occupies the strikers position, and Luyindula and Maurice are next in the pecking order. And in the position where Giuly plays, PSG has Sessegnon, Nene (although he favours left-side more) and even Jallet can play there. If PSG sells Giuly and Kezman, and perhaps Rothen, who Koumbouare has said he isn't in his plans, then PSG should have some money to buy the defender they badly need, and in this case I believe it'll be, Bisevac.

the problem is to sell them, nobody whant to pay their huge salary so they dont have that much offer ( the only one who had offer for now is sammy who refused it) and they are still bench players, so next years PSG should have to buy new players to take their place ( paris dont have a big bench ).

anyway, PSG have some good youngster so maybe they will start to use them to make a new bench

the problem is to sell them' date=' nobody whant to pay their huge salary so they dont have that much offer ( the only one who had offer for now is sammy who refused it) and they are still bench players, so next years PSG should have to buy new players to take their place ( paris dont have a big bench ).[/quote']

Maybe they'll go to Russia, America or some Arab country, where they can make big bucks. I'm sure they'll move to some of these countries. They'll get highly payed, and they are in the last years of their career, so I believe that if they don't move this season, then perhaps the upcoming one.

the problem is to sell them' date=' nobody whant to pay their huge salary so they dont have that much offer ( the only one who had offer for now is sammy who refused it) and they are still bench players, so next years PSG should have to buy new players to take their place ( paris dont have a big bench ).

anyway, PSG have some good youngster so maybe they will start to use them to make a new bench[/quote']

You make two quite contradictory points:

1. PSG has to buy new players in forthcoming years to fill their squad.

2. PSG has good youngsters.

PSG:s youngsters actually are better than good, Paris has some great youth to build on. For this reason exactly they don't need to buy to fill their team, they have depth. What they have to do instead, is to stop sending their youngsters away for free, Partouche (very highly regarded by other players) the newest case.

So, France to U19 2010 EC final!!! And finally I saw something live too!

Great finishing by Bakumbu. He makes Tafer look bad in comparison. The rest of the Lyonnais looked way better than hyped striker. Kolo particularly looked much like Lizarazu used to. If we continue the comparison, Bakumbu's finishing reminded me of Henry at his day. Fauré was strong in defence, Coquelin very good as well. Griezmann, who I don't get to see pretty much ever, didn't seem to have exactly his most exciting match in this EC, but very accurate passing, particularly the long passes. Good movement, defensive game and productive passing, but I really wished to see him make more runs into the middle and try scoring himself.

In final France will play Spain. Pretty much the same teams met two years ago in U17 EC final, when Spain beat France 4-0. So, a tough match to be expected. However, French youngsters tend to mature later than Spanish, Portuguese and Italian, so it could be more even this time. Also, this time France has the home advantage, that can prove to be decisive on youth level (although these are already mostly adult players and France isn't exactly a hostile country to play in for foreigners).

You make two quite contradictory points:

PSG:s youngsters actually are better than good' date=' Paris has some great youth to build on. For this reason exactly they don't need to buy to fill their team, they have depth. What they have to do instead, is to stop sending their youngsters away for free, Partouche (very highly regarded by other players) the newest case.[/quote']

Where did Partouche go? I heard reports linking him to Spain.

PSG:s youngsters actually are better than good, Paris has some great youth to build on. For this reason exactly they don't need to buy to fill their team, they have depth. What they have to do instead, is to stop sending their youngsters away for free, Partouche (very highly regarded by other players) the newest case.

well i don't think i have been that much contradictory.

Last years youngster don't have much chance with the first team so i say maybe this years they will have more and it's true if that the case they may not have to buy new players.

But i'm still not sure it will happen because like you say they lets their best youngster go for free ( Chris mavinga, Charbonier etc).

That why i put a "maybe " because PSG seem to have hard time making connection between the CFA and the first team.

This can be understandable, PSG often change coach and the pressure in the club are big, even more this years with the death of a supporter.

Where did Partouche go? I heard reports linking him to Spain.

And Partouche still at PSG for the momment.

Napoli have made an offer to Marseille to swap Christian MAGGIO and Luigi VITALE for Taye TAIWO

Good deal? I'd be getting Taiwo. Vitale hasn't been playing for me, and i have ample cover for Maggio with Corchia, Zuniga and Degan. I know this isn't the place to really ask for deal help, but you guys know about Taiwo the most. Is he a future 90+?

So' date=' France to U19 2010 EC final!!! And finally I saw something live too!

Great finishing by Bakumbu. He makes Tafer look bad in comparison. The rest of the Lyonnais looked way better than hyped striker. Kolo particularly looked much like Lizarazu used to. If we continue the comparison, Bakumbu's finishing reminded me of Henry at his day. Fauré was strong in defence, Coquelin very good as well. Griezmann, who I don't get to see pretty much ever, didn't seem to have exactly his most exciting match in this EC, but very accurate passing, particularly the long passes. Good movement, defensive game and productive passing, but I really wished to see him make more runs into the middle and try scoring himself.

In final France will play Spain. Pretty much the same teams met two years ago in U17 EC final, when Spain beat France 4-0. So, a tough match to be expected. However, French youngsters tend to mature later than Spanish, Portuguese and Italian, so it could be more even this time. Also, this time France has the home advantage, that can prove to be decisive on youth level (although these are already mostly adult players and France isn't exactly a hostile country to play in for foreigners).[/quote']

France weren't too good in the first half, but they started to get their game right in the second half. Bakambu with his Henry-esque goal, SWEET! :D

Good deal? I'd be getting Taiwo. Vitale hasn't been playing for me' date=' and i have ample cover for Maggio with Corchia, Zuniga and Degan. I know this isn't the place to really ask for deal help, but you guys know about Taiwo the most. Is he a future 90+?[/quote']

Maggio could be a starter for Italy under Prandelli's era, but he is a comitted Napoli player and I cannot see him leaving Napoli, as it is the team of his heart and therefore, in my opinion, he will reach 91 at the very best.

Taiwo should move to Liverpool or atleast away from l'OM to some bigger club! If he moves to Liverpool (which I believe will happen unless Liverpool goes for Figueroa), then he could end up as a 92 player in my opinion. He's a classy left-back, very under-rated on the Liverpool thread I've noticed (alongside Rémy). Anyway, do the deal in my opinion. Vitale will most likely be a bench player next season at Naples.

Arlès-Avignon might sign Bonaventure Kalou. Experienced player who was good at his day, but I doubt how will he do these days. Apparently had hard time to make it on field in Eredivisie. However, changing team can affect players form a lot. And ACA is quite small club, so at least he should get to play there.

I fear ACA is going back to Ligue 2. They don't build their team wisely. When you have got your team up division, you have a winning team and should build on that. So, you should not try and change all the players, but keep the majority of them and only add some experienced players from the league you're going to play the next season. This is what was done in Montpellier: most of the team that won the promotion from Ligue 2 were trusted again, and some Ligue 1 veterans were added (Pitau, Jeunechamp, Spahic, Dernis, etc.) That's the working formula, not "change whole team" that ACA is doing. Btw, Brest seems to mostly trust their last season's squad. I doubt it working, still, they just might lack the level.

Arlès-Avignon might sign Bonaventure Kalou. Experienced player who was good at his day' date=' but I doubt how will he do these days. Apparently had hard time to make it on field in Eredivisie. However, changing team can affect players form a lot. And ACA is quite small club, so at least he should get to play there.[/quote']

...And then he'll leave the team after a month :rolleyes: I hope you get what I mean with that.

I fear ACA is going back to Ligue 2. They don't build their team wisely. When you have got your team up division' date=' you have a winning team and should build on that. So, you should not try and change all the players, but keep the majority of them and only add some experienced players from the league you're going to play the next season. This is what was done in Montpellier: most of the team that won the promotion from Ligue 2 were trusted again, and some Ligue 1 veterans were added (Pitau, Jeunechamp, Spahic, Dernis, etc.) That's the working formula, not "change whole team" that ACA is doing. Btw, Brest seems to mostly trust their last season's squad. I doubt it working, still, they just might lack the level.[/quote']

Perhaps they will, but they signed a couple of players like Bouazza, Laurenti and Karmanganta. Perhaps they are not top players, but who could think that players in like Montpellier such as Belhanda and Marveaux would have made that much eco of themselves in Montpellier and the league? Some unknown players in Arles could very well have a monster season this upcoming.

Besides, in my opinion, the top of Ligue 2 is better than the bottom of Ligue 1 in my opinion. Just ask Strasbourg: Amateur football is waiting for them now.

Perhaps they will' date=' but they signed a couple of players like Bouazza, Laurenti and Karmanganta. Perhaps they are not top players, but who could think that players in like Montpellier such as Belhanda and Marveaux would have made [i']that[/i] much eco of themselves in Montpellier and the league? Some unknown players in Arles could very well have a monster season this upcoming.

Besides, in my opinion, the top of Ligue 2 is better than the bottom of Ligue 1 in my opinion. Just ask Strasbourg: Amateur football is waiting for them now.

You sort of miss my point. What I'm saying is exactly that you can stay in Ligue 1 with a team that topped Ligue 2, with only small reinforcements. The problem is that ACA is changing pretty much whole team. They bring in pretty mediocre new players and let the players with whom they won promotion last season to walk. I further emphasize this by using the exact examples you gave to me:

Montpellier guys: Belhanda, own youngster, given chance and took it. Marveaux, guy who won MHSC promotion from Ligue 2.

ACA guys: Laurenti, Bouazza and Kermorgant all are reinforcements, new players bought after winning the promotion, and none of them being experienced and proven Ligue 1 players.

Then, take a look at the reinforcements that Montpellier got: Pitau, Spahic, Dernis. These are names of quite a different quality than Laurenti and Kermorgant (Laurenti is a drop out of a Ligue 1 team and Kermorgant has never even played on top level). What they need is to keep the best of their last season squad and add carefully only few pieces to that, some top Ligue 1 experience. Well, too late now. ACA will go down. Estevan can't save everything, they'll play in Ligue 1 as a lower division club meeting big opponents in cup, hoping to get some lucky ties, and will eventually lose whole league unless some team truly flops.