Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Yeah but in your first post u didnt mention that u are talking about the one playing at Rennes :P Anyways' date=' as I said he is relatively old and he may struggle to get game time there. I wouldnt buy him. He doesnt seem likely to rise ever again ;)[/quote']

Yes he did, he said "There's only one Dalmat on the DB that's playing for a club in France and that's Stephane Dalmat."

Yeah but in your first post u didnt mention that u are talking about the one playing at Rennes :P Anyways' date=' as I said he is relatively old and he may struggle to get game time there. I wouldnt buy him. He doesnt seem likely to rise ever again ;)[/quote']

I strongly disagree here. Him being old doesn't mean he couldn't rise anymore. He was best player of Sochaux and moved to a bigger club where his current rating, 87, is rather low, seen that he will be a starter. Of course, rating rise asks for him to actually start, but honestly, he is the most talented midfielder in his new club as well, so I would at least wait for seeing how things actually arrange when season starts before saying that he can't find his way to starting XI in Rennes. Many don't perhaps notice it any more, but Dalmat is awesomely skilled individual, and useful for any club.

Dalmat being old lowers his price and even if he'd only stay, he could well be worth buying. But wait to see Rennes' formation in first few matches.

This was his first post! :)

Yeah, but you know, he was asking it in Ligue 1 & 2 thread, and thus he had a good reason to suppose that we'd understand him asking about the one Dalmat who plays in France. It's years since Wilfried played in France last time so it would be pretty stupid to ask about him in the France thread.

OL's XI for friendly against Milan:

Lloris - Gassama, Cris, Toulalan, Cissokho - Pjanic, Gonalons, Ederson - Briand, Bastos - Gomis.

Without Reveiller (rested) and Lisandro (injured), but otherwise this is their probable starting XI for the forthcoming season. Seems like Ederson truly is staying, since he is regarded as a starter over likes of Makoun and Källström. Puel doesn't want to sell Makoun, not that many would be interested in him, but seemingly Mkoun, nevertheless, isn't regarded as a starter. Note Cris-Toulalan as starting CB's, Gonalons as only defensive midfielder (quite a lot of attacking players in front of him) and Gassama being preferred to Lovren as back up of Reveillère. Lovren might be seen more as a back up CB for now. He played CB against Nottingham, Gassama the RB then too. Lovre played pretty much every position in defence last season, in very few matches, probably same role this season.

Oh no, oh no, oh no..... Lacazette got on field in that match against Milan and picked an injury. Let's hope it's not bad, but it seems that it might be. Must blame Puel a bit for stupidity, this was Lacazette's third match in three days, that's is pretty heavy, and imo he shouldn't have played. He really seemed to have a break through autumn ahead of him, having been fantastic in every match he had played this summer. Really sad he got injured at this point.

Ok. Tigana is still going to buy one player, according to his own words. Someone young, but he is not precise about the position. Meanwhile he is loaning out three of Bordeaux's current youngsters, Lasne, Saunier and Traoré, because, again i his own words, they must get to play. Both Lasne and Traoré are midfielders and Tigana's recent recruitments were to attack and to defence, so probably he is going to buy a young midfielder... from Serbia?

Ok. Tigana is still going to buy one player' date=' according to his own words. Someone young, but he is not precise about the position. Meanwhile he is loaning out three of Bordeaux's current youngsters, Lasne, Saunier and Traoré, because, again i his own words, they must get to play. Both Lasne and Traoré are midfielders and Tigana's recent recruitments were to attack and to defence, so probably he is going to buy a young midfielder... from Serbia?[/quote']

Or perhaps Cabaye ;)

No but seriously, it should be someone who plays in a minor league: ex the Serbian one, but who knows, maybe he's found one in Poland, Denmark or even Sweden! :eek: If this player also comes from the Serbian league, I'm sure that some other French teams will be sending their scouts to Serbia and try to also get some players from there and not let Bordeaux building a team who consists on some Serbian players who could have a breakthrough at Bordeaux. And that is what especially Lyon and Marseille don't want to see, hence they might be sending some scouts to Serbia if this player x that could join Bordeaux also is Serbian and plays in the Serbian league.

Or perhaps Cabaye ;)

No but seriously' date=' it should be someone who plays in a minor league: ex the Serbian one, but who knows, maybe he's found one in Poland, Denmark or even Sweden! :eek: If this player also comes from the Serbian league, I'm sure that some other French teams will be sending their scouts to Serbia and try to also get some players from there and not let Bordeaux building a team who consists on some Serbian players who could have a breakthrough at Bordeaux. And that is what especially Lyon and Marseille don't want to see, hence they might be sending some scouts to Serbia if this player x that could join Bordeaux also is Serbian and plays in the Serbian league.[/quote']

On the other hand, if Tigana robs the best of the still cheap enough Serbians, then it might be not much use to send more scouts there? Anyway, they'll probably still wait to see if these Serbians actually are any good. It will be a big surprise if they take France by storm this forthcoming season. Savic should be in plans for future, not for this season, or so I understood. But he seems like a really good find. I've understood these players didn't cost much to Bordeaux. Might be wrong though, because I haven't heard any sums. In any case, I wouldn't be surprised if the same tendency continued and Tigana actually brought in another Serb.

Cabaye is a good call. If these recent purchases were rather cheap, and particularly if some players are still sold, Cabaye's clause of €7M should be no problem, and he is very versatile midfielder, able to play pretty much any position - and he is not only young, he also has quite a lot of experience.

Will Jeremy Pied get any gametime for Lyon next season.

Also is Lukman Haruna a startet for Monaco?

Doubtful for the first. Perhaps some, of course, but not a lot. He is a very good player, but to me it seems that OL has got pretty many players to play his position. On the other hand, if they indeed will use 5 purely attacking players, Pjanic and Ederson playing on midfield, then there's slightly more room for Pied there. In addition, Lacazettes tough luck may be Pied's fortune.

Haruna will probably be a first team regular. But I don't mean that he would have 30+ starts.

Doubtful for the first. Perhaps some' date=' of course, but not a lot. He is a very good player, but to me it seems that OL has got pretty many players to play his position. On the other hand, if they indeed will use 5 purely attacking players, Pjanic and Ederson playing on midfield, then there's slightly more room for Pied there. In addition, Lacazettes tough luck may be Pied's fortune.

Haruna will probably be a first team regular. But I don't mean that he would have 30+ starts.[/quote']

Thanks mate I will wait until after a couple of weeks into the season until I do make a decision on Pied.

Doubtful for the first. Perhaps some' date=' of course, but not a lot. He is a very good player, but to me it seems that OL has got pretty many players to play his position. On the other hand, if they indeed will use 5 purely attacking players, Pjanic and Ederson playing on midfield, then there's slightly more room for Pied there. In addition, Lacazettes tough luck may be Pied's fortune.[/quote']

He did good in the Emirates Cup, and he got a start in the cup aswell. He was very good actually, and had some displays with Novillo. He also assisted him to Lyon's only goal against Celtic. If he plays like this, I doubt he will have no problems in getting past Delgado and some others in the pecking order. Pied has the talent and has showed it for the past season in Ligue 2 and now he has some impressive plays at the pre-season. I hope Puel uses him perhaps much this season. I don't demand Pied to get a starting place at once, but if Puel just plays him mostly as a sub at the start of the season, he can take over Delgado's place after all while when he has showen his worth in the league.

He did good in the Emirates Cup' date=' and he got a start in the cup aswell. He was very good actually, and had some displays with Novillo. He also assisted him to Lyon's only goal against Celtic. If he plays like this, I doubt he will have no problems in getting past Delgado and some others in the pecking order. Pied has the talent and has showed it for the past season in Ligue 2 and now he has some impressive plays at the pre-season. I hope Puel uses him perhaps much this season. I don't demand Pied to get a starting place at once, but if Puel just plays him mostly as a sub at the start of the season, he can take over Delgado's place after all while when he has showen his worth in the league.[/quote']

I think it was Lacazette who assisted Novillo. Wasn't it? Grenier set up the situation. Don't get me wrong, I like Pied as well. Perhaps my answer got a bit wrong sense, since Adam's question was "will Pied play at all". Of course I didn't mean he wouldn't play at all. I just see quite many forward playing before him. Anyway, you're right, during the season, performances will affect coaches choices and unforeseen starter will appear, like Benzema when he broke through, Gonalons and Pjanic last season (I don't mean that they were unknown, just that they weren't expected to become first team regulars the season when they did that). By the way, nice of you to bring up Novillo, very little discussed player who has made some good plays.

So, big moves to happen for a change. Fenerbaçhe, that has already bid for Gomis and Niang, is keen to buy Gyan from Rennes. Reportedly the negotiations are of transfer fee worth €16,5M-€18M. Now, Rennes isn't simply giving Gyan up, they'll sell him, if that helps them to replace him with Rémy. This money indeed should seal the deal for Rémy, who is eager to leave Nice, but apparently doesn't want to go to West Ham, which is so far only team to make a competitive bid (or, in other word, no other club has been able to compete with West Ham on Rémy).

So' date=' big moves to happen for a change. Fenerbaçhe, that has already bid for Gomis and Niang, is keen to buy Gyan from Rennes. Reportedly the negotiations are of transfer fee worth €16,5M-€18M. Now, Rennes isn't simply giving Gyan up, they'll sell him, if that helps them to replace him with Rémy. This money indeed should seal the deal for Rémy, who is eager to leave Nice, but apparently doesn't want to go to West Ham, which is so far only team to make a competitive bid (or, in other word, no other club has been able to compete with West Ham on Rémy).[/quote']

It's a chance that a move for Gyan to Fenerbache will happen. They've been chasing Robinho, Santa Cruz and now this. They've got the cash so this isn't some stupid made up story by the press.

Good to see Remy not going to West Ham. He shouldn't waste his career in that hole. He should go to Liverpool or Tottenham (although they've got several players in the attack/midfield and Redknapp has said that he won't be spending big, so I don't personally think he'll end up in Spurs). Anyway, Liverpool should be his ideal option, but as you know, they aren't loaded in cash so he should prepared of perhaps not playing in Liverpool next season. My bet is that he'll end up in 'Pool or OL. If OL let go off Gomis shortly, he'll join them without a doubt.

Pazzano what are you talking about, West Ham a 'hole'? They are a good club, with good history, good players. It's a good club for players to make their name in the English game, A la Tevez and Mash, and many more. Liverpool aren't that keen on him, not willing to pay too much. West Ham would certainly be a better move than a transfer to Rennes. If he joins West Ham, scores 15+goals then that could earn him a move to bigger and better things. No way would it be a bad move.

Pazzano what are you talking about' date=' West Ham a 'hole'? They are a good club, with good history, good players. It's a good club for players to make their name in the English game, A la Tevez and Mash, and many more. Liverpool aren't that keen on him, not willing to pay too much. West Ham would certainly be a better move than a transfer to Rennes. If he joins West Ham, scores 15+goals then that could earn him a move to bigger and better things. No way would it be a bad move.[/quote']

It's a hole in my opinion. If he can get moves to Lyon and Liverpool, what is West Ham dreaming about in getting his signature :confused: He is way to good for that, and he has already showen his class as a high Ligue 1 player. If he can score 25 goals in a bottom club like Nice in 2 seasons, hasn't he then proven his worth? He has also got a call-up to play for the French NT under the era of Domenech, and we all know that Domenech is a guy who takes out older guys and that for some youngers guys it's hard to get a slot in the team, even though they've been impressive for some while. Just ask Gameiro for instance.

Besides, West Ham aren't exactly a top team. They've been around the lower half of the team for some seasons. They've got some money now beacuse of those owners who came in last season. Why would Remy trade a lower half team for another?

It's a hole in my opinion. If he can get moves to Lyon and Liverpool' date=' what is West Ham dreaming about in getting his signature :confused: He is way to good for that, and he has already showen his class as a high Ligue 1 player. If he can score 25 goals in a bottom club like Nice in 2 seasons, hasn't he then proven his worth? He has also got a call-up to play for the French NT under the era of Domenech, and we all know that Domenech is a guy who takes out older guys and that for some youngers guys it's hard to get a slot in the team, even though they've been impressive for some while. Just ask Gameiro for instance.

Besides, West Ham aren't exactly a top team. They've been around the lower half of the team for some seasons. They've got some money now beacuse of those owners who came in last season. Why would Remy trade a lower half team for another?[/quote']

I've already explained most of what you ask.

And the difference between his current club and west ham?.. West Ham play in the EPL. Simple. I'm not saying West Ham would be his best move, just saying it wouldn't be a bad move, which is what you're saying.

I've already explained most of what you ask.

And the difference between his current club and west ham?.. West Ham play in the EPL. Simple. I'm not saying West Ham would be his best move' date=' just saying it wouldn't be a bad move, which is what you're saying.[/quote']

Sure EPL is a bigger league, but to be honest, I'd rather stay at this current club than moving to another club that is fighting for relegation but in another country. He wants to become a big player, not some player who just earns money and don't care where he goes. I like Remy's attitude, and I'm glad for him to reject West Ham. They've got the cash, but no prestigue. What shall he do there, when he is way to good for the league. It doesn't matter how strong the league is. He wants to play for a quality team. Simple as.

Good to see Remy not going to West Ham. He shouldn't waste his career in that hole. He should go to Liverpool or Tottenham (although they've got several players in the attack/midfield and Redknapp has said that he won't be spending big' date=' so I don't personally think he'll end up in Spurs). Anyway, Liverpool should be his ideal option, but as you know, they aren't loaded in cash so he should prepared of perhaps not playing in Liverpool next season. My bet is that he'll end up in 'Pool or OL. If OL let go off Gomis shortly, he'll join them without a doubt.[/quote']

I so disagree with this. West Ham is a classy club with strong fan base and long history. I would be happy to see Rémy go there, and if Rémy was wiser, he'd see it as a chance too. It's apparently a club that really wants him, and it would be a place to show for bigger English clubs (Tevez went to ManU from there). I also disagree about where he goes. I bet it will be Rennes. As you said, Fenerbaçhe is one team that is making serious bids on players, so they could actually buy Gyan, and in that case Rennes would afford to make a bid higher than €14.5M (Lyon's transfer intervening clause) - and I really can see Rémy opting for moving to Rennes.

Sure EPL is a bigger league' date=' but to be honest, I'd rather stay at this current club than moving to another club that is fighting for relegation but in another country. He wants to become a big player, not some player who just earns money and don't care where he goes. I like Remy's attitude, and I'm glad for him to reject West Ham. They've got the cash, but no prestigue. What shall he do there, when he is way to good for the league. It doesn't matter how strong the league is. He wants to play for a quality team. Simple as.[/quote']

That West Ham is in EPL doesn't matter because of EPL being bigger league, but because of bigger clubs watching it more. And West Ham isn't just any lower mid table club. I can really see a talented player caring about where he plays in and choosing West Ham for what the club actually is. You're sort of glorifying glory hunting here, saying that it is good that players only look for the club they join to be a big one.

Anyway, didn't you hear it, 'Pool's new owner is bringing Messi (:rolleyes:), and Torres already said that he'll stay in Liverpool. And Gomis isn't likely to move from Lyon. He has his role there, though it isn't that of ideal starter.

Haha... newest switch: Niang, who only few days ago said that he has no intention to leave OM (where he has everything well and life is peachy), and would only leave it if something very exciting would appear, now insists that OM must accept Fene's bid, that he wants to move there. Now, this is a player with true spirit (of capitalism): why does he want to leave legendary Olympique where he is well installed, a champion of France and playing in CL? Why? Because Fene pays him more....

Anyway, this would of course mean Fene abandoning bid on Gyan, which would of course lead Rennes to not to buy Rémy.

Blanc might have gone crazy but that may well lead to both me and Pazz to smile:

Pazz will be happy if his personal favourite Jallet gets a call to l'EDF for the forthcoming matches, which may indeed happen, and I would be delighted to see another, more recent Parisien, Bodmer to be called back to l'EDF, and he is pre-selected as well. However, the list of "préconvoqués" seems rather long, sometimes I think it might be easier to just tell who is not on the list.

I so disagree with this. West Ham is a classy club with strong fan base and long history.

It doesn't matter how popular the club is and the history of the club. He must think present' date=' and his ambiotious is surely to play in CL/EL with a strong club. I am not trying to say West Ham is to weak for Remy, beacuse they've got some new owners who are seriously considering spending big on the club and they just came recently to the club, meaning that this new West Ham could potentially be good contenders for European places in the league. Anyway, if this new squad fails and does a Newcastle, I am really hoping this wouldn't destroy Remy's talent and future. It would be wiser to go to a club that has showen successfully seasons recently.

You're sort of glorifying glory hunting here, saying that it is good that players only look for the club they join to be a big one.

No I am not. I am just saying that there has been many talented French players who could have easily become great players and be a vital part of the French NT, but instead, they make the wrong decision (Dalmat, Landreau and Leroy in example). I hope Remy don't follow them.