Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Haha... newest switch: Niang' date=' who only few days ago said that he has no intention to leave OM (where he has everything well and life is peachy), and would only leave it if something very exciting would appear, now insists that OM must accept Fene's bid, that he wants to move there. Now, this is a player with true spirit (of capitalism): why does he want to leave legendary Olympique where he is well installed, a champion of France and playing in CL? Why? Because Fene pays him more....

Anyway, this would of course mean Fene abandoning bid on Gyan, which would of course lead Rennes to not to buy Rémy.[/quote']

Money, money, money....

Blanc might have gone crazy but that may well lead to both me and Pazz to smile:

Pazz will be happy if his personal favourite Jallet gets a call to l'EDF for the forthcoming matches' date=' which may indeed happen, and I would be delighted to see another, more recent Parisien, Bodmer to be called back to l'EDF, and he is pre-selected as well. However, the list of "préconvoqués" seems rather long, sometimes I think it might be easier to just tell who is not on the list.[/quote']

Good to see Jallet in the squad, he deserves it. If he has another great season with Paris, he is a must to have in the squad in my opinion. I love he playing-style, the assist (:D), and of course, the versatile. He just fits so great in the NT in my opinion. I'm also happy to see Bodmer in the NT. Him and Toulalan (as it should've been in OL) would be great. I hope also impresses if he gets a place in the final squad, as he is NT material.

No I am not. I am just saying that there has been many talented French players who could have easily become great players and be a vital part of the French NT' date=' but instead, they make the wrong decision (Dalmat, Landreau and Leroy in example). I hope Remy don't follow them.[/quote']

Wait a minute. Dalmat's bad move was to go to such a bad club as... Inter!?:eek: Something happened there that killed his career, but he went to a good club that saw future in him. He even played well in those CL games I saw. I don't know what happened, but I don't think it's because he chose a loser club that he never became what he should have. Landreau was in l'EDF just until he completely failed in PSG. PSG isn't actually a rubbish club, and I think it is pretty much Landreau's own fault to play one absolutely disastrous season. Which Leroy do you mean? which of them was seen as future of France?

I would find better examples in Le Tallec, Vignal, Moutaouakil and Bourillon, although the last one of them lost his place in PSG mostly for an injury. Anyway, I'd see that Rémy is unlikely to meet similar destiny. These players haven't become what they should have for France because of not getting to play. If Rémy had a bad choice with West Ham, it would perhaps be more like Frey and Malbranque. Two brilliant players who have never really got into l'EDF, possibly because of playing for too small foreign clubs. But I don't see them being worse players because of that.

Good to see Jallet in the squad' date=' he deserves it. If he has another great season with Paris, he is a must to have in the squad in my opinion. I love he playing-style, the assist (:D), and of course, the versatile. He just fits so great in the NT in my opinion. I'm also happy to see Bodmer in the NT. Him and Toulalan (as it should've been in OL) would be great. I hope also impresses if he gets a place in the final squad, as he is NT material.[/quote']

Bodmer surely is. And it is only a matter of time that he takes his place in l'EDF now that he got back to midfield. He was completely wasted in defence. Remember how phenomenal he was in LOSC? I expect Parisians to get to enjoy same spectacle.

Now that we discussed this with Chewett, I put it in here s well. Our speculation about Tigana's "Serbian connection" was premature. It was only in the Serbian site that Mrdja would move to Bordeaux, Bordeaux website never had anything about it and any French media that had it, had it in form "according to his (Mrdja's) club Vojvodina..." Eventually Triaud told that he has never even heard about this player. So, no Mrdja to Bordeaux, not even negotiations, it seems. Hard to say why Vojvodina claimed so.

Wait a minute. Dalmat's bad move was to go to such a bad club as... Inter!?:eek: Something happened there that killed his career' date=' but he went to a good club that saw future in him. He even played well in those CL games I saw. I don't know what happened, but I don't think it's because he chose a loser club that he never became what he should have. Landreau was in l'EDF just until he completely failed in PSG. PSG isn't actually a rubbish club, and I think it is pretty much Landreau's own fault to play one absolutely disastrous season. Which Leroy do you mean? which of them was seen as future of France?[/quote']

Good club, but he was young and he should have known he would never take a starting place if he didn't have patience, or if he ever would...

Landreau was class act in Paris aswell in my opinion. He let his heart really stand in the way for what could have been a big career. I am not saying that this was bad, infact, I love these type of players! Anyway, if he just moved to some club like Man United (Fergie was and is still perhaps a big fan of his) in the early '00s, he could have been ranked a top 3 best keepers in the world. And he also left Nantes for the wrong club and the wrong time, PSG. PSG were always relegation threated and often got helped by the ref and the French federation from avoiding relegation (see Lens relegation and Lens game against Bordeaux in the last round 2008 which he should have won if we wasn't denied a clear penalty :rolleyes:). Anyway, even though Paris were in such a mess, he was never really bad and especially his first season (06/07) was huge. Shame just that he never really moved to a bigger club when he had the chance :(

I was talking about Jerome Leroy.

Bodmer surely is. And it is only a matter of time that he takes his place in l'EDF now that he got back to midfield. He was completely wasted in defence. Remember how phenomenal he was in LOSC? I expect Parisians to get to enjoy same spectacle.

The good old times (:();

Good club' date=' but he was young and he should have known he would never take a starting place if he didn't have patience, or if he ever would...

Landreau was class act in Paris aswell in my opinion. He let his heart really stand in the way for what could have been a big career. I am not saying that this was bad, infact, I love these type of players! Anyway, if he just moved to some club like Man United (Fergie was and is still perhaps a big fan of his) in the early '00s, he could have been ranked a top 3 best keepers in the world. And he also left Nantes for the wrong club and the wrong time, PSG. PSG were always relegation threated and often got helped by the ref and the French federation from avoiding relegation (see Lens relegation and Lens game against Bordeaux in the last round 2008 which he should have won if we wasn't denied a clear penalty :rolleyes:). Anyway, even though Paris were in such a mess, he was never really bad and especially his first season (06/07) was huge. Shame just that he never really moved to a bigger club when he had the chance :(

I was talking about Jerome Leroy.[/quote']

True, that Landreau could have moved to a club less messy than PSG. About Dalmat, I disagree, Inter trusted in him. Perhaps he got there wrong time, they had some general problems at the time, and didn't they have some manager changes and such?

Anyway, to point out few more obvious cases: Henin and Sablé, both wasted their chance to develop to world class players by staying in their respective beloved clubs while they were very much wanted by bigger clubs when young. Result: Henin has made a career in Ligue 2, Sablé in smaller Ligue 1 teams. Givet, another player who was once looked as a future starter for l'EDF, but where is he now? He was always great for Monaco, but should have moved on earlier. Well, uh, Marange. One of Gourcuff-Lloris generation, should have moved when Blanc came to Bordeaux, because Blanc had no trust in him. Now that there's Tigana, who seems to believe in Marange, it may be too late, because Trémoulinas has made the post his. ASSE, Strasbourg, Metz, Rennes, Nantes and Montpellier took quite a few talented and loyal players down with them. PSG has buried some good players as well, Dja Djedje for example. But didn't he move to ACA for this season? So, it will be a new chance in Ligue 1 for him.

True' date=' that Landreau could have moved to a club less messy than PSG. About Dalmat, I disagree, Inter trusted in him. Perhaps he got there wrong time, they had some general problems at the time, and didn't they have some manager changes and such?[/quote']

They were a club in crisis then. They always tried to build a strong squad every year, yet they failed every year. As a result of that, coaches got sacked and in the end, the coach who trusted in Dalmat's talent got fired and the other managers didn't have the trust on Dalmat as Hector Cuper had.

Anyway' date=' to point out few more obvious cases: Henin and Sablé, both wasted their chance to develop to world class players by staying in their respective beloved clubs while they were very much wanted by bigger clubs when young. Result: Henin has made a career in Ligue 2, Sablé in smaller Ligue 1 teams. Givet, another player who was once looked as a future starter for l'EDF, but where is he now? He was always great for Monaco, but should have moved on earlier.[/quote']

Now I could go on and on regarding Sable. No matter how bad he was at Lens, he is perhaps one of my all time favourite players in French football. He was at Saint-Etienne perhaps a little to long, as you pointed out. He did eventually move in 2007. He was going to Marseille. He is from there, expressed his love for the club and the city, and it was only a matter of time before he would sign a contract with l'OM. BUT Benoit Cheyrou signed for the at the same time Sable was gonna. Now this scared him a bit and he wasn't so keen on joining Marseille anymore, and when Lens with Guy Roux so called ''big plans :rolleyes:'' (Man, I hate the **** Roux dragged us in) came into the picture and also were able of paying Sable as high as l'OM was gonna, Sable signed for us. The rest as you know, is history. Relegation, out of favour for Jonathan Lacourt (love his aswell), and eventually moved to Nice, and isn't the same player as he used to be :( :( :(

Givet was good in Marseille in my opinion. He just came to that club when the club wasn't stable. I mean, every seasons new players came in and got shipped out in massive amounts. I believe it's only Niang who has survived both Gerets and Deschamps. Oh, Givet plays in Blackburn. I still remember the backline in Monaco: Maicon---Squillaci---Givet---Evra. Class :D

Now I could go on and on regarding Sable. No matter how bad he was at Lens' date=' he is perhaps one of my all time favourite players in French football. He was at Saint-Etienne perhaps a [i']little[/i] to long, as you pointed out.

Or a way too long. There was so much interest to him from the beginning that it was a drag to see him wasting his career in always-in-crisis St.-Étienne. One of my favourite players when he was young and I was really sad to see him playing for Nice last season. Not simply that he would end his career in such a club, but in such a way. Wasn't too good.

Givet was good in Marseille in my opinion. He just came to that club when the club wasn't stable. I mean' date=' every seasons new players came in and got shipped out in massive amounts. I believe it's only Niang who has survived both Gerets and Deschamps. Oh, Givet plays in Blackburn. I still remember the backline in Monaco: Maicon---Squillaci---Givet---Evra. Class :D[/quote']

Yeah. They had one awesome team back then. Givet was great in French youth teams too.

Or a way too long. There was so much interest to him from the beginning that it was a drag to see him wasting his career in always-in-crisis St.-Étienne. One of my favourite players when he was young and I was really sad to see him playing for Nice last season. Not simply that he would end his career in such a club' date=' but in such a way. Wasn't too good.[/quote']

Yep, and he has totally lost his game. I don't know how he was able of destroying the career he builded up at ASSE. I get that bad club moves played abit, but still, how did he end up from beeing the club captain at ASSE and very close to a move to l'OM if it weren't for the arrival of Cheyrou to play for Nice? :( Football can be crazy sometimes.

Respuesta: French Ligue 1 and 2

Blanc has selected the following 22 players for France's upcoming friendly against Norway next Wednesday:

Goalkeepers: Ruffier; Douchez

Defenders: Fanni; Debuchy; Rami; Mexes; Sakho; Tremoulinas; Cissokho

Midfielders: Lass Diarra; Matuidi; Sissoko; Cabaye; N'Zogbia; Nasri; M'Vila

Forwards: Ben Arfa; Benzema; Rémy; Hoarau; Briand; Menez.

This is a relatively very young squad, only three of the players (Douchez, Fanni, and Mexes) being over the age of 27. Thirteen of these players have not even played a match, and of the nine who have, only four have more than four caps for Les Bleus. There is plenty of quality in the squad, but one problem Blanc will have is in choosing the starting line-up, as it's a bit difficult to gauge any specific player's potential at the national level on the basis of his league performances (cue Nicolas Anelka), and few of these players have played alongside each other, as opposed to against each other. With his experience as a Ligue 1 coach, Blanc should hopefully know these players well enough...

Re: Respuesta: French Ligue 1 and 2

Blanc has selected the following 22 players for France's upcoming friendly against Norway next Wednesday:

Goalkeepers: Ruffier; Douchez

Defenders: Fanni; Debuchy; Rami; Mexes; Sakho; Tremoulinas; Cissokho

Midfielders: Lass Diarra; Matuidi; Sissoko; Cabaye; N'Zogbia; Nasri; M'Vila

Forwards: Ben Arfa; Benzema; Rémy; Hoarau; Briand; Menez.

This is a relatively very young squad' date=' only three of the players (Douchez, Fanni, and Mexes) being over the age of 27. Thirteen of these players have not even played a match, and of the nine who have, only four have more than four caps for Les Bleus. There is plenty of quality in the squad, but one problem Blanc will have is in choosing the starting line-up, as it's a bit difficult to gauge any specific player's potential at the national level on the basis of his league performances (cue Nicolas Anelka), and few of these players have played alongside each other, as opposed to against each other. With his experience as a Ligue 1 coach, Blanc should hopefully know these players well enough...[/quote']

Interesting, no Koscielny. Surely the reason he is left out is beacuse of the EPL starting by next week...? And yeah, no Gameiro either. I'd rather have him than.... (I don't know, it's a great squad either way :D). Anyway, the young guns will show their worth, and for the love of god, I hope many of them impresses and will be in Blanc's plan in Euro qualification aswell. For instance, I hope Cissokho/Tremoulinas impresses so he can keep Evra out of the squad in the future.

Interesting' date=' no Koscielny. Surely the reason he is left out is beacuse of the EPL starting by next week...? And yeah, no Gameiro either. I'd rather have him than.... (I don't know, it's a great squad either way :D).[/quote']

How about just any of the now selected forwards?

Anyway' date=' the young guns will show their worth, and for the love of god, I hope many of them impresses and will be in Blanc's plan in Euro qualification aswell. For instance, I hope Cissokho/Tremoulinas impresses so he can keep Evra out of the squad in the future.[/quote']

No Bodmer :( To be honest, I didn't really expect him to get there at this point. He has only played one single serious match since brought back to midfield. Please, Trémoulinas, destroy the Norway. I'm happy to see him in there. He is awesome. Pure awesome. Kolo to back him up and we've got two Lizas in one EDF! Another player I really hope will make it good this time is Mexes.

I was sort of surprised by this team. It has same flaw as all other French squads of this millennium: too few attacking midfielders. Why to have all those DM's when we only use 1-2 of them? Why to have all those strikers when we have basically one striker position? Well, ok, I was bit hasty, Menez and Ben Arfa are practically AM's. Good team that way. I still can't see why Ruffier wasn't punished, and why Carasso was. It was Ruffier who was in the strike bus, not Carasso. Well, Carasso wouldn't have been in the team anyway, because he is injured.

Yep' date=' and he has totally lost his game.[/quote']

This exactly, this is what bothers me. Not so much that he plays for Nice, but that he plays like that. It doesn't make sense. He was so awesome in ASSE. His passing, his technique, his runs and shots. I'm still his fan, no matter what, but it saddens me to see how things have turned. And he is only 29, he should be at his prime. Well, perhaps I'm bit harsh because of few bad matches I've seen, he captains Nice anyway.

How about just any of the now selected forwards?

I said it before: It's to hard to seperate some striker from the new team.

No Bodmer :( To be honest' date=' I didn't really expect him to get there at this point. He has only played one single serious match since brought back to midfield. Please, Trémoulinas, destroy the Norway. I'm happy to see him in there. He is awesome. Pure awesome. Kolo to back him up and we've got two Lizas in one EDF! Another player I really hope will make it good this time is Mexes.[/quote']

I agree regarding Bodmer, but I hope Cissokho takes the starting place in the team from now on.

I was sort of surprised by this team. It has same flaw as all other French squads of this millennium: too few attacking midfielders. Why to have all those DM's when we only use 1-2 of them? Why to have all those strikers when we have basically one striker position? Well' date=' ok, I was bit hasty, Menez and Ben Arfa are practically AM's. Good team that way. I still can't see why Ruffier wasn't punished, and why Carasso was. It was Ruffier who was in the strike bus, not Carasso. Well, Carasso wouldn't have been in the team anyway, because he is injured.[/quote']

Remy, Menez and Briand would do well on the wings aswell. Perhaps Blanc will use them there, Nasri in the middle, and Benzema on top?

This exactly' date=' this is what bothers me. Not so much that he plays for Nice, but that he plays like that. It doesn't make sense. He was so awesome in ASSE. His passing, his technique, his runs and shots. I'm still his fan, no matter what, but it saddens me to see how things have turned. And he is only 29, he should be at his prime. Well, perhaps I'm bit harsh because of few bad matches I've seen, he captains Nice anyway.[/quote']

I agree with this, and perhaps the reason why he has lost it is that he was totally under the ice for a whole season under J-P Papin at Lens. He was often 4fth-5-th choice on the centre-midfield for us, and perhaps he had no motivation during the trainings and therefore lost all of his skills. I know it sounds stupid, but it's the only realistic reason I can come up with. I also am a big fan of his. It makes me almost drop a tear when I'm thinking about his career.

Interesting' date=' no Koscielny. Surely the reason he is left out is beacuse of the EPL starting by next week...? And yeah, no Gameiro either. I'd rather have him than.... (I don't know, it's a great squad either way :D). Anyway, the young guns will show their worth, and for the love of god, I hope many of them impresses and will be in Blanc's plan in Euro qualification aswell. For instance, I hope Cissokho/Tremoulinas impresses so he can keep Evra out of the squad in the future.[/quote']

I thought Koscielny was going to play for Poland?

If Evra loses his LB spot' date=' the FFF really is a joke. Fortunately for France, Blanc seems to have some sense.[/quote']

We have so good competition for that position that we're not dependent on any single player there. So, if guy doesn't play well, why not to throw him from squad? I know, Evra is good for ManU, but for France he has been pap. I can't understand how he captained United, he surely showed no leading skills in World Cup.

So, FFF might sanction harshly players who were most involved in strike, namely Evra (captain), Ribery (vice captain), Anelka (cause of strike, insulting Domenech), Abidal (not willing to play after incident), Toulalan (advocating for the strike).

Ok, first: leaders of FFF should start by firing themselves. Let's look for other things after that. Their hypocrisy has long since stopped being an amusing joke. Secondly: I completely understand Evra and Anelka being there, Ribery, as vice captain, ok, Abidal, making his longer personal strike (i.e. talking Domenech some sense: "do not bloody put me on field because I'm horrid!!!") - but what on earth is Toulalan punished for? Honesty, responsibility? He is merely the only one who has admitted that they were for the strike. What on earth, the others are forgiven because "Toulalan told them that strike is super"? What is this BS? Sweet Jesus, leaders of FFF should pull their heads out of their ashes and try some ropes around their necks. That would suit them nicely.

If Evra loses his LB spot' date=' the FFF really is a joke. Fortunately for France, Blanc seems to have some sense.[/quote']

He ain't even half as good for France as he is in Man U. I really hope Blanc insists in picking Cissokho/Tremoulinas over him in the future aswell. And especially now with his behaviour during the WC, which of course was totally un-acceptable, he should be kicked out for good in my opinion. He was named the new team-captain a month before the World Cup, and still did what he did and therefore played a BIG part in France failure. What a jerk. I thought the Man United players were team-players who had learned much disciplin from Sir Alex, but obviously Evra is the opposite.

So' date=' FFF might sanction harshly players who were most involved in strike, namely Evra (captain), Ribery (vice captain), Anelka (cause of strike, insulting Domenech), Abidal (not willing to play after incident), Toulalan (advocating for the strike).

Ok, first: leaders of FFF should start by firing themselves. Let's look for other things after that. Their hypocrisy has long since stopped being an amusing joke. Secondly: I completely understand Evra and Anelka being there, Ribery, as vice captain, ok, Abidal, making his longer personal strike (i.e. talking Domenech some sense: "do not bloody put me on field because I'm horrid!!!") - but what on earth is Toulalan punished for? Honesty, responsibility? He is merely the only one who has admitted that they were for the strike. What on earth, the others are forgiven because "Toulalan told them that strike is super"? What is this BS? Sweet Jesus, leaders of FFF should pull their heads out of their ashes and try some ropes around their necks. That would suit them nicely.[/quote']

Good god. I don't even have words for this!