Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Ok, let's go for the eurosports one. I found one that seemed slightly better, but that was only in French. Also, it was bit ambiguous with its rules.

Oh, bloody hll, we can't make changes to team now?!?!?! What is this? If I can't make my team before season kicks off, I'm out.

Oh Judas Priest, this league is still set to 09/10.... doesn't seem too promising.

Seemingly no league starting for this season here. There's the French one that might work if anybody is into that.

Ok' date=' let's go for the eurosports one. I found one that seemed slightly better, but that was only in French. Also, it was bit ambiguous with its rules.

Oh, bloody hll, we can't make changes to team now?!?!?! What is this? If I can't make my team before season kicks off, I'm out.[/quote']

Link please....

Oh man' date=' I don't speak any French. Registring will be hard! :o[/quote']

you'll do fine, it's the same process as with any other fantasy league. just guess what every field means. I filled them with bs information and it worked fine, so I guess it doesn't matter if you put your info to wrong places in registration, just type something and go to choose your players.

Respuesta: French Ligue 1 and 2

Might as well post this now.

Ligue 1 - Round 1 Preview

This won't be a full preview of all of this weekend's ten games; just a preview of the most interesting ones. This was a pretty last minute thing that I just felt like doing out of nowhere.

Marseilles - Caen

The defending champions of Ligue 1 face the newly promoted Ligue 2 champions as the 2010-11 season kicks off. Deschamps is missing three players, the center-backs Diawara and Heinze to injury and the forward Brandao to an injury. They should have the usual 4-3-3, though, with Hilton, M'Bia, and N'Diaye the options for replacing the two missing defenders, and Brandao's absence should be no problem, as Ben Arfa - Niang - Valbuena will be the likely forward line-up. Azpilicueta will have his Ligue 1 debut, and André Ayew could get some game time, too, as a substitute. Good thing for L'OM, Lucho Gonzalez and Cheyrou are fit to fulfill their midfield duties. This is an attack to be reckoned with.

Caen have four players suspended, Inez, N'Diaye, Hamoumi, and Van La Parra, but there absences will not affect the starting XI. Mollo, currently on loan from Monaco, will be playing his first competitive game in a Caen shirt. El-Arabi should be starting on the other wing. Marcq, in the center, is another newcomer, having joined Caen from Boulogne.

Auxerre - Lorient

Auxerre are still missing Alexandre Licata, whose never-ending ankle problem has ruled him out for way, way too long. Swiss defender Stéphane Grichting is still on his World Cup vacation, but for some reason, Francefootball claim him to be among the players set for the encounter with Lorient. :confused: Anyway, Birsa will be looking to impress after a positive World Cup performance, and Le Tallec is gearing up for his Auxerre debut.

The odds are definitely not favoring Lorient. They will be without the injured Gameiro, which leaves them quite thin at the front. In their six visits at Auxerre, they have only managed two draws at the best - last season, the hosts thrashed them 4-1. Without a class forward like AJA's Jelen, Lorient most likely will not be finding that first win.

Lyon - Monaco

Ah, time for the much talked-about Lyon 2010-11 line-up to finally kick into action. The Argentines, Lopez and Delgado, as well as the U-19 star, Lacazette, are all injured. Reveillere is suspended. There's no doubt Toulalan will be used as a defender this season now - he has officially been listed as a defender in the Lyon squad list, and I expect him to be partnering Cris in Lyon's opener against Monaco. Gassama will be on the right wing, and Cissokho on the left. The lack of depth in this defense is shocking. Lovren is the only other senior player Puel can even put on the bench, but I guess that's not such a bad thing - now for sure the many teenage defenders OL have can get a shot at first team game time. The rest of the starting XI should look something like Pjanic - Gonalons - Ederson; Briand - Gomis - Bastos. Pied, Novillo, and Grenier are all on the bench, and I hope they get a chance to play a bit, as I haven't seen Pied and Novillo on the pitch before.

Monaco, on the other hand, are missing a good chunk of their midfield. Eduardo Costa and Lukman Haruna are both injured, and Diego Perez, who had a splendid World Cup, is still recovering after having just returned from his vacation. Alonso, suspended, will also be sitting this one out. Monaco are left with N'Koulou and Mangani in the midfield. Not something I would be comfortable with, considering the firepower Lyon have at their disposal.

Rennes - Lille

The hosts have a very different squad from last season, and now they get to put the numerous newcomers to the real test, in their opening match against Lille. Two central midfielders, M'Vila and Tettey, will be absent due to injury, and Apam and Montano, both yet to play their first Ligue 1 match for Rennes, are ruled out for the same reasons. The goalkeeping spot could go to either the young Carrasso or the veteran Douchez. In the defense, with Hansson and Bocanegra having left this Summer, we should see new, much younger faces. The left-back position is most likely going to be occupied by Souprayen, while Théophile-Catherine will partner Mangane in the center. Mandjeck will probably partner Lemoine in the middle of the pitch for his first competitive match for Rennes. Leroy was the usual choice for the AM position last season, but Antonetti will probably prefer the younger Dalmat to the 35-year-old Leroy. The rest should be as it was last season - Marveaux left-wing, Bangoura right, and Gyan (who had a stellar World Cup) center-forward. The bench will include Danzé, Brahimi, Doumbia, Kana-Biyik, and Kemba-Ekoko, all relatively young as well. The youth in this Rennes side is very pleasing to see and definitely worth watching today.

Lille have had few significant changes during the Summer and are much the same side as they were last season. The only (I believe) alteration Garcia will have to make is in replacing the suspended Cabaye. Dumont will be the man for that task. The wingers set to start should be Hazard and Gervinho, but if the latter is still on vacation, Obraniak will be taking his spot. Winger Moussa Sow, although he may only play as a substitute, will be facing the club he left just a month or two ago if he does debut for Lille. I think this will be a pretty close game; at the moment, I can't tell which contender will be victorious.

Montpellier - Bordeaux

Last season Montpellier surprised many with their rapid ascension in status, going from the newly promoted average joes to heading for Europa League qualifiers (unfortunately, though, they just lost on penalties to a meager Gyor from Hungary) and finishing 5th, just above Bordeaux. Bordeaux, meanwhile, failed to defend the title and even to qualify for European competition, the consequence of an unsatisfactory second half to their season. Anyway, for Montpellier, the suspension of Spahic and injuries of Dzodic, Bocaly, and El Kaoutari mean that Yanga-M'Biwa will probably have to drop into the center, perhaps accompanied by Colombo or one of their youngsters. Benhamida could play on the right. In midfield, with Costa gone, we should see Dernis back in the starting line-up, but the introduction of Estrada could mean that the coach, Girard, wants to go with two defensive midfielders, the other being Marveaux. If that is so, then it looks like Belhanda could be starting for them again, to play as the sole attacking midfielder. At the tip of the blade will either be the Turkish Kabze or the younger Giroud, with Aït-Fana and Camara on the wings.

Les Girondins are resorting to fourth-choice goalkeeper Olimpa to keep Montpellier's forwards at bay, with Carrasso, Ramé, and Keita all dealt with injuries. I would have liked to see Keita again. He looked promising that one time he played last season. Oh well, at least we get to see what Olimpa's all about (my expectations are not high). Henrique, Ciani, and Chalmé are all suspended, and Planus is supposedly injured. That leaves Trémoulinas as the only starter to be playing today. Jurietti can always fill in for Chalmé, but there's a big hole in the center. Sane and Savic will probably be brought up to fill in the gap, or try to. The rest of the squad is looking fine and should be able to tackle the weaker Montpellier defense, but they will be worrying a lot about their own defenses…

What do you guy's think Toulalan's chances are of playing at centre back this season? I heard some of you saying that Gonalons could possibly start at DM which could push Toulalan into defense.

Yeah' date=' you are right: Toulalan will play as a CB and Gonalons will be playing DM.

Nice previews. What time does the Lyon match start?

21.00 GMT+1.

Yeah' date=' you are right: Toulalan will play as a CB and Gonalons will be playing DM.[/quote']

Cheers, may snap him up then. Do you think its a bright idea to sell Lass Diarra (21.5m) for Toulalan (£25.8m) (who'll play CB until he gets a position change to CB) due to Diarra's current problems and then with Toulalan set to change to CB (which are hard to find in my game world.

Cheers' date=' may snap him up then. Do you think its a bright idea to sell Lass Diarra (21.5m) for Toulalan (£25.8m) (who'll play CB until he gets a position change to CB) due to Diarra's current problems and then with Toulalan set to change to CB (which are hard to find in my game world.[/quote']

Yeah, that sound good. In my opinion, Lass won't be a starter for Real Madrid under Mourinho and Toulalan will get a positional change to CB/DM, and with the lack of CB's availble in your game world, Toulalan is a great option.

Re: Respuesta: French Ligue 1 and 2

Might as well post this now.

Ligue 1 - Round 1 Preview

This won't be a full preview of all of this weekend's ten games; just a preview of the most interesting ones. This was a pretty last minute thing that I just felt like doing out of nowhere.

Marseilles - Caen

The defending champions of Ligue 1 face the newly promoted Ligue 2 champions as the 2010-11 season kicks off. Deschamps is missing three players' date=' the center-backs Diawara and Heinze to injury and the forward Brandao to an injury. They should have the usual 4-3-3, though, with Hilton, M'Bia, and N'Diaye the options for replacing the two missing defenders, and Brandao's absence should be no problem, as Ben Arfa - Niang - Valbuena will be the likely forward line-up. Azpilicueta will have his Ligue 1 debut, and André Ayew could get some game time, too, as a substitute. Good thing for L'OM, Lucho Gonzalez and Cheyrou are fit to fulfill their midfield duties. This is an attack to be reckoned with.

Caen have four players suspended, Inez, N'Diaye, Hamoumi, and Van La Parra, but there absences will not affect the starting XI. Mollo, currently on loan from Monaco, will be playing his first competitive game in a Caen shirt. El-Arabi should be starting on the other wing. Marcq, in the center, is another newcomer, having joined Caen from Boulogne.

[u']Auxerre - Lorient[/u]

Auxerre are still missing Alexandre Licata, whose never-ending ankle problem has ruled him out for way, way too long. Swiss defender Stéphane Grichting is still on his World Cup vacation, but for some reason, Francefootball claim him to be among the players set for the encounter with Lorient. :confused: Anyway, Birsa will be looking to impress after a positive World Cup performance, and Le Tallec is gearing up for his Auxerre debut.

The odds are definitely not favoring Lorient. They will be without the injured Gameiro, which leaves them quite thin at the front. In their six visits at Auxerre, they have only managed two draws at the best - last season, the hosts thrashed them 4-1. Without a class forward like AJA's Jelen, Lorient most likely will not be finding that first win.

Lyon - Monaco

Ah, time for the much talked-about Lyon 2010-11 line-up to finally kick into action. The Argentines, Lopez and Delgado, as well as the U-19 star, Lacazette, are all injured. Reveillere is suspended. There's no doubt Toulalan will be used as a defender this season now - he has officially been listed as a defender in the Lyon squad list, and I expect him to be partnering Cris in Lyon's opener against Monaco. Gassama will be on the right wing, and Cissokho on the left. The lack of depth in this defense is shocking. Lovren is the only other senior player Puel can even put on the bench, but I guess that's not such a bad thing - now for sure the many teenage defenders OL have can get a shot at first team game time. The rest of the starting XI should look something like Pjanic - Gonalons - Ederson; Briand - Gomis - Bastos. Pied, Novillo, and Grenier are all on the bench, and I hope they get a chance to play a bit, as I haven't seen Pied and Novillo on the pitch before.

Monaco, on the other hand, are missing a good chunk of their midfield. Eduardo Costa and Lukman Haruna are both injured, and Diego Perez, who had a splendid World Cup, is still recovering after having just returned from his vacation. Alonso, suspended, will also be sitting this one out. Monaco are left with N'Koulou and Mangani in the midfield. Not something I would be comfortable with, considering the firepower Lyon have at their disposal.

Rennes - Lille

The hosts have a very different squad from last season, and now they get to put the numerous newcomers to the real test, in their opening match against Lille. Two central midfielders, M'Vila and Tettey, will be absent due to injury, and Apam and Montano, both yet to play their first Ligue 1 match for Rennes, are ruled out for the same reasons. The goalkeeping spot could go to either the young Carrasso or the veteran Douchez. In the defense, with Hansson and Bocanegra having left this Summer, we should see new, much younger faces. The left-back position is most likely going to be occupied by Souprayen, while Théophile-Catherine will partner Mangane in the center. Mandjeck will probably partner Lemoine in the middle of the pitch for his first competitive match for Rennes. Leroy was the usual choice for the AM position last season, but Antonetti will probably prefer the younger Dalmat to the 35-year-old Leroy. The rest should be as it was last season - Marveaux left-wing, Bangoura right, and Gyan (who had a stellar World Cup) center-forward. The bench will include Danzé, Brahimi, Doumbia, Kana-Biyik, and Kemba-Ekoko, all relatively young as well. The youth in this Rennes side is very pleasing to see and definitely worth watching today.

Lille have had few significant changes during the Summer and are much the same side as they were last season. The only (I believe) alteration Garcia will have to make is in replacing the suspended Cabaye. Dumont will be the man for that task. The wingers set to start should be Hazard and Gervinho, but if the latter is still on vacation, Obraniak will be taking his spot. Winger Moussa Sow, although he may only play as a substitute, will be facing the club he left just a month or two ago if he does debut for Lille. I think this will be a pretty close game; at the moment, I can't tell which contender will be victorious.

Montpellier - Bordeaux

Last season Montpellier surprised many with their rapid ascension in status, going from the newly promoted average joes to heading for Europa League qualifiers (unfortunately, though, they just lost on penalties to a meager Gyor from Hungary) and finishing 5th, just above Bordeaux. Bordeaux, meanwhile, failed to defend the title and even to qualify for European competition, the consequence of an unsatisfactory second half to their season. Anyway, for Montpellier, the suspension of Spahic and injuries of Dzodic, Bocaly, and El Kaoutari mean that Yanga-M'Biwa will probably have to drop into the center, perhaps accompanied by Colombo or one of their youngsters. Benhamida could play on the right. In midfield, with Costa gone, we should see Dernis back in the starting line-up, but the introduction of Estrada could mean that the coach, Girard, wants to go with two defensive midfielders, the other being Marveaux. If that is so, then it looks like Belhanda could be starting for them again, to play as the sole attacking midfielder. At the tip of the blade will either be the Turkish Kabze or the younger Giroud, with Aït-Fana and Camara on the wings.

Les Girondins are resorting to fourth-choice goalkeeper Olimpa to keep Montpellier's forwards at bay, with Carrasso, Ramé, and Keita all dealt with injuries. I would have liked to see Keita again. He looked promising that one time he played last season. Oh well, at least we get to see what Olimpa's all about (my expectations are not high). Henrique, Ciani, and Chalmé are all suspended, and Planus is supposedly injured. That leaves Trémoulinas as the only starter to be playing today. Jurietti can always fill in for Chalmé, but there's a big hole in the center. Sane and Savic will probably be brought up to fill in the gap, or try to. The rest of the squad is looking fine and should be able to tackle the weaker Montpellier defense, but they will be worrying a lot about their own defenses…

Had no idea the French League started today:),I just assumed they started at late August around the same time as the Itallian and Spannish Leagues,I think I'll give Rennes vs Lille a watch today to see how Souprayen does and it should be a good game between two evenly matched sides anyway to be honest.