Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Tell me everything you know about Nolan Roux (if anything). I see he rose +4 last time so he must have done half decent. Am I making a mistake by selling him?

Yes you are. Should wait at least how he does in Ligue 1. Currently the first striker of his team. Athletic forward, gifted scorer as well, could do quite well in any league due to his physical game. I saw few of his goals for Brest last season, he first seemed to be a courageous kamikaze striker, then I noted that he has skills to *** to it as well.

Wasn't he in Lens before being released to Brest for free? In their current striker situation some in Lens might be regretting that.

However, I don't promise his skills to be enough on top level, but I would wait and see if he does it. If he goes on scoring and Brest doesn't take the next lift back to Ligue 2, he should have a nice increase to his rating. Quite a few bigger French teams have shown their interest to him too. In current economy he isn't probably cheap enough unless Brest gets relegated in the end of the season (or unless a nice input of money appears, say, if Gignac or Gameiro is bought first).

That's what I've been thinking for the last year or so :o

Whose your top striker in Lens now anyway? Maoulida? That newcomer from National, Pollet?:P Doesn't look too good for you guys to be honest. Now if Roux sores 10+ for Brest this season, someone might get fired in Lens...

Whose your top striker in Lens now anyway? Maoulida? That newcomer from National' date=' Pollet?:P[/b'] Doesn't look too good for you guys to be honest. Now if Roux sores 10+ for Brest this season, someone might get fired in Lens...

He is quite good from what I've seen to be honest....

But yeah, I share your thoughts. For a club like us it's a shame that we aren't of the same standard as pre-08. From having Dindane, who was a beast, to this :(. I really hope Wallemme, Santini and Martel comes up with something good, like perhaps taking a European place this season and thus beeing more financial stable and we would also be an more attractive place for players.

So the Montpellier-Bordeaux game ended in a victory for Montpellier.

The key-words for this game were (IMO): That Montpellier took advantages of the chances they got. Bordeaux really needs a striker badly. Aiyte did more in 10 minutes than what Gouffran/Cavenaghi did during the whole game. Gourcuff hopefully didn't get seriously injured.

So the Montpellier-Bordeaux game ended in a victory for Montpellier.

The key-words for this game were (IMO): That Montpellier took advantages of the chances they got. Bordeaux really needs a striker badly. Aiyte did more in 10 minutes than what Gouffran/Cavenaghi did during the whole game. Gourcuff hopefully didn't get seriously injured.

The key words were BAD and REFEREEING. Come on, a goal by simulation, a red card not given (to Pitau), constant anti-football (only sanctionned in the end with one yellow card, should have cause a few).... To me, there was a clear difference of level, to Bordeaux's advantage, despite of les Girondins lacking three of their regular defence line and Montpellier having 2 real games played already (which makes them more prepared). Pretty disappointed with the way of the MHSC, that was no football.

I half agree with need of striker. I would personally give Gouffran and Cavenaghi little time, particularly the latter hasn't played a serious match for ages. It is true though that Gourcuff did better to try himself than to pass to either of these. If he got injured, someone might murder Pitau. Really really cheap from him, and can get really expensive for Bordeaux. It is hard for Gourcuff to play in France, because in Ligue 1 everybody tries to break his feet. In a bigger club there would perhaps be other targets. He was quite dangerous and I hope he didn't get injured.

It very much seems that Modeste is their new striker, price should be somewhere over €2M and percentages of next transfer fee to Nice. Tells something about how rich a club Bordeaux is. Their purchase of the season was to keep their current squad. That's expensive enough, and in my opinion very good transfer politics.

Deschamps says his team needs reinforcements, and needs them badly. BS. His team won the double last season. What have they lost of that squad? Nothing, absolutely nothing. Just take Arfa and Cheyrou off the bench and it will turn better. And play the second GK for a change to give Mandanda a feeling of competition.

The key words were BAD and REFEREEING. Come on' date=' a goal by simulation, a red card not given (to Pitau), constant anti-football (only sanctionned in the end with one yellow card, should have cause a few).... To me, there was a clear difference of level, to Bordeaux's advantage, despite of les Girondins lacking three of their regular defence line and Montpellier having 2 real games played already (which makes them more prepared). Pretty disappointed with the way of the MHSC, that was no football.[/quote']

I agree. It was like everytime Gourcuff had the ball somebody in Montpellier was right at him trying to break his foot. Bordeaux had most of the advantage in the second half, but they did nothing with the ball. Cavenaghi is a player who likes to get the ball inside the penalty-area of the other team. When nothing came inside Montpellier's penalty area, he had nothing to work on and thus he was mostly invisible throughout the whole game. Gouffran, just ran into shadows. I don't know how he could last that long on the pitch without beeing subbed out. I'm very excited about Ayite. I like his playing-style and I believe he will fit perfect in Tigana's plans of how Bordeaux should play football. I mean, Tigana wants to use the wings very much and therefore he likes quick and tricky wingers. Ayite is the perfect match for that, and I believe this player will develop very much under Tigana's era. Tigana even left out Sertic from the matchday squad so he could have afford to have Ayite in it!

It very much seems that Modeste is their new striker' date=' price should be somewhere over €2M and percentages of next transfer fee to Nice. Tells something about how rich a club Bordeaux is. Their purchase of the season was to keep their current squad. That's expensive enough, and in my opinion very good transfer politics.[/quote']

He isn't a well known player, but he is good from what I've seen. If this is another hand-picked player by Tigana, I'm sure he'll turn out good. Speaking of hand-picked players... Savic was awesome yesterday, and I'm starting to wondering weather he could challenge for a starting place this season already. I mean, with Bordeaux's tight economy, atleast 90% of their buys must be players who can walk in directly in the starting XI. Of course we cannot base players potential just on one game, but this is a good stepping stone to start with. He has atleast (IMO) gone before Fernando in the pecking order.

Deschamps says his team needs reinforcements' date=' and needs them badly. BS. His team won the double last season. What have they lost of that squad? Nothing, absolutely nothing. Just take Arfa and Cheyrou off the bench and it will turn better. And play the second GK for a change to give Mandanda a feeling of competition.[/quote']

He has big plans for Marseille, but he also needs to be abit realistic. Marseille has good players and after last years big spending + the 7M € they spent on Azpi, it is crazy by him to think that he could get players like Luis Fabiano and Alberto Gilardino for around the 20M €. Not only that they cost much, but they've got high wages aswell. Also the president of Marseille has said that they can't spend so much at the moment, and therefore he can't give any big spendings to Deschamps. Deschamps should be happy with his squad, just look at the situation at Lyon and Bordeaux for instance.

whats the latest news on Ayew' date=' will he stay at Marseille, Ben Arfa has been linked with several clubs as has Ayew, if Ayew stays, does he have a chance of starting, was brilliant at the WC.

tHANKS[/quote']

I read somewhere that he has signed a new five years contract with Marseille, so he'll definately stay. However, he was linked heavily right after the World Cup to Stuttgart. They wanted to sign him for 1M €, which must be an insult to Marseille, really. Anyway, he'll stay for sure at Marseille.

I read somewhere that he has signed a new five years contract with Marseille' date=' so he'll definately stay. However, he was linked heavily right after the World Cup to Stuttgart. They wanted to sign him for 1M €, which must be an insult to Marseille, really. Anyway, he'll stay for sure at Marseille.[/quote']

He signed a prolongation of 3 years that should keep him in OM until 2014. Preferred to Ben Arfa, who is likely to move.

Ayite is the perfect match for that' date=' and I believe this player will develop very much under Tigana's era. Tigana even left out Sertic from the matchday squad so he could have afford to have Ayite in it![/quote']

I like Ayité too, but was really disappointed to see Sertic left out of squad. Tigana doesn't plan to send him on loan though, so I wonder what are his plans. Perhaps he'll sell Jussie (it's about the time!)

Modeste should be a good purchase. Excellent in Ligue 2, and we have seen that it's a merit. I only referred to his rather low price for a new top striker of a title contester. But it's always better to buy your new great players when they're still cheap. Anyway, I agree on Savic, seems good enough. With Chalmé and Planus that defence will be rock hard again. Ciani gets competition. Henrique should eventually be sold, without CL Tigana doesn't need so much depth in his squad.

Ben arfa apparently goin on loan to newcastle:eek:

And afterwards they'll buy him with the fixed price. But right now Dassier is saying that it isn't realistic to let both Niang and Ben Arfa go. In fact' date=' if they'll sell Niang, they must [i']at least[/i] get immediately some money from Ben Arfa too in order to get replacements. They can't just let him pass a year elsewhere and only get some small bucks out of it, no, they need money now. Hoffenheim might turn out to be the winner in this tale. Benfica too seems to be loaded with cash and I don't see why either of these two clubs would be less attractive to Ben Arfa than Newcastle (no offence intended).

I like Ayité too' date=' but was really disappointed to see Sertic left out of squad. Tigana doesn't plan to send him on loan though, so I wonder what are his plans. Perhaps he'll sell Jussie (it's about the time!)[/quote']

Ayite fit so perfect in the philosphy Tigana has. Under Blanc's regim, Tremoulinas took big steps, Ayite is the player (IMO) that'll do the same under Tigana. Jussiê needs to be sold. He was never good at us and never at Bordeaux either. It is players like Jussiê, Bellion and Henrique Bordeaux needs to sell if they want to strengthen their squad. Infact, they should have sold them years ago, but they've been staying after every transfer-window to the fans and to mine disguist.

And afterwards they'll buy him with the fixed price. But right now Dassier is saying that it isn't realistic to let both Niang and Ben Arfa go. In fact' date=' if they'll sell Niang, they must [i']at least[/i] get immediately some money from Ben Arfa too in order to get replacements. They can't just let him pass a year elsewhere and only get some small bucks out of it, no, they need money now. Hoffenheim might turn out to be the winner in this tale. Benfica too seems to be loaded with cash and I don't see why either of these two clubs would be less attractive to Ben Arfa than Newcastle (no offence intended).

Well apparently his due to come to Newcastle for talks after he finishes with France on international duty,the fee is £1 Million pounds for taking him on loan for the season and then around £6 Million if we want to sign him permanent,apparently Ben Arfa wants to come to Newcastle as he wants to play in England and were the only English club interesting in signing him,were suppose to be wrapping a deal up before Saturday so he can be registered in time and then he can play some part against Man Utd on Monday.

He has big plans for Marseille' date=' but he also needs to be abit realistic. Marseille has good players and after last years big spending + the 7M € they spent on Azpi, it is crazy by him to think that he could get players like Luis Fabiano and Alberto Gilardino for around the 20M €. Not only that they cost much, but they've got high wages aswell. Also the president of Marseille has said that they can't spend so much at the moment, and therefore he can't give any big spendings to Deschamps. Deschamps should be happy with his squad, just look at the situation at Lyon and Bordeaux for instance.[/quote']

Well, according to a REALLY trustworthy Swedish site, Fabiano is a soon to be a Marseille player. Marseille and Sevilla have already agreed a fee (which could be from anywhere from 14M-20M €). Now, Marseille only needs to talk with some group who owns 60% of Fabiano. L'equipe and many Spanish newspaper are also stating that this deal is soon finished.

Ayite fit so perfect in the philosphy Tigana has. Under Blanc's regim' date=' Tremoulinas took big steps, Ayite is the player (IMO) that'll do the same under Tigana. Jussiê needs to be sold. He was never good at us and never at Bordeaux either. It is players like Jussiê, Bellion and Henrique Bordeaux needs to sell if they want to strengthen their squad. Infact, they should have sold them years ago, but they've been staying after every transfer-window to the fans and to mine disguist.[/quote']

Henrique has been needed as a 3rd/4th defender, you see, there's a need for rotation and he isn't actually bad. But I completely agree that these are the players Bordeaux needs to dump somewhere in order to make space to their squad for new players - preferably for their own youth. Les Girondins aren't playing in Europe this season, so this is excellent time to change the old back up players to new young ones from own youth ranks.

He is quite good from what I've seen to be honest....

But yeah' date=' I share your thoughts. For a club like us it's a shame that we aren't of the same standard as pre-08. From having Dindane, who was a beast, to this :(. I really hope Wallemme, Santini and Martel comes up with something good, like perhaps taking a European place this season and thus beeing more financial stable and we would also be an more attractive place for players.[/quote']

I think they need to get some quality players before even thinking about making it to Europe. :rolleyes: It's not like "let's get to CL, and then we'll have loads of money to buy us a good striker", you need to get the striker first and then to CL. To be honest, I expect Lens to have another relegation battle this season.

Anyway, in your youth you have some interesting names, and one particularly interesting who could solve your scoring problems - perhaps not this season, but starting from the next season maybe, who knows?

What the hell is going on with this Fabiano/Niang/Ben Arfa situation,Deschamps says he doesn't want to sell Niang yet says he want's to bring a striker into replace him which seems to be Fabiano,but yet if this is the case they'd have to sell Ben Arfa ruling out Newcastle and sell someone else as well yet there still in negotations to loan him to us,I'm bloody confused by it all to be honest.

What the hell is going on with this Fabiano/Niang/Ben Arfa situation' date='Deschamps says he doesn't want to sell Niang yet says he want's to bring a striker into replace him which seems to be Fabiano,but yet if this is the case they'd have to sell Ben Arfa ruling out Newcastle and sell someone else as well yet there still in negotations to loan him to us,I'm bloody confused by it all to be honest.[/quote']

No, he wants to play Fabiano with Niang. The negotiations for Arfa are quite dead, because it seems that it is almost certain that Niang is sold anyway. The meetings are cancelled, then moved... Deschamps is quite clear about Arfa staying, from Niang they're at least getting money, so it's better to let him go. They play basically the same place on field, Arfa, Niang and Ayew. Fabiano should be a clear CF, exactly what they need. I don't think Arfa will be loaned.