Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Respuesta: Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Hi' date=' Didi, Philippe or Pazzano.

Im after thoughts on Jérémy PIED of lyon.

Can you see him making appearences for Lyon this season?

Worth buying in a competitive set-up.

Does the boy have potential of 88/89 + ?

Didi answered a similar question a few weeks ago:

Doubtful for the first. Perhaps some' date=' of course, but not a lot. He is a very good player, but to me it seems that OL has got pretty many players to play his position. On the other hand, if they indeed will use 5 purely attacking players, Pjanic and Ederson playing on midfield, then there's slightly more room for Pied there. In addition, Lacazettes tough luck may be Pied's fortune.[/quote']

If he makes appearances, it will be just from the bench, but I'm sure he'll get some time. He does have plenty of potential, but, like Didi said, there's plenty of competition and it will take a while for him to reach that potential.

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

just after a couple of opinions on the prospects of Franck TABANOU? what is this guys potential and what will he prob rise to in the next rating change.

help much appreciated :)

Played 2 out of 2 for his team who find themselves top. But it's very early, and look where OM and Bordeaux are at, so in another month we should have a better idea of where teams will be. Right now I'd say a rise to 87 is likely. Unless he loses his place through injury or something. 88 is a possibility, but that is too early to tell. But he's a good bet for a +1 rise.

My question. Any idea what's likely to happen to Bonnart, as I see he has no club. And is Goulon likely to play second division football for the time being?

Few interesting stats from the start of the season:

- Evian, just promoted to Ligue 2, won 3 first matches.

- Nancy, has had a red card in all 3 first matches. You could assume refereeing having killed some of their chances so far. On the other hand, they almost killed Lemoine, so not feeling sorry for them.

- Rennes has kept empty net in all 3 games so far.

- Same for Montpellier now: empty net in all 3 first rounds.

- Braaten has scored on all 3 rounds.

Re: Respuesta: Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Didi answered a similar question a few weeks ago:

If he makes appearances' date=' it will be just from the bench, but I'm sure he'll get some time. He does have plenty of potential, but, like Didi said, there's plenty of competition and it will take a while for him to reach that potential.[/quote']

However, now that both Bastos and Lacazette are injured (and Lisandro already was), there's more room for Pied in flank, and it is likely that he'll start some match.

According to L'equipe, Gourcuff has said to Triaud that he wants to move to Lyon! Lyon don't want to spend/Aulas can't afford to spend 26.5M €, which is Gourcuff's buy-out-clause, and Lyon therefore are trying to offer some players in ex-change to Bordeaux. Now what is making this transfer more realistic is that Aulas himself has said that 'Lyon will buy atleast one big player'.

In somer other news: Lens drawed with Monaco at home yesterday. After a poor first half by us, and which Monaco totally dominated, Wallemme/Santini must have said some wise words, beacuse this Lens team that walked out on the pitch in the 2nd half was a totally different and perhaps the best Lens team I've seen in years! Lens used the flanks more often, which I've been saying on my blog several times is a must, and Roudet was moved to a flank aswell, and speedy Boukari was on the other flank and with a target-man in the middle in Pollet and with a tricky little striker in Maoulida aswell. The result? Lens dominated the game, and Roudet, Pollet, Maoulida and Boukari had all great chances of even making it 3-2. They keyword: Flanks :D

Respuesta: Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

According to L'equipe' date=' Gourcuff has said to Triaud that he wants to move to Lyon! Lyon don't want to spend/Aulas can't afford to spend 26.5M €, which is Gourcuff's buy-out-clause, and Lyon therefore are trying to offer some players in ex-change to Bordeaux. Now what is making this transfer more realistic is that Aulas himself has said that 'Lyon will buy atleast one big player'.

In somer other news: Lens drawed with Monaco at home yesterday. After a poor first half by us, and which Monaco totally dominated, Wallemme/Santini must have said some wise words, beacuse this Lens team that walked out on the pitch in the 2nd half was a totally different and perhaps the best Lens team I've seen in years! Lens used the flanks more often, which I've been saying on my blog several times is a must, and Roudet was moved to a flank aswell, and speedy Boukari was on the other flank and with a target-man in the middle in Pollet and with a tricky little striker in Maoulida aswell. The result? Lens dominated the game, and Roudet, Pollet, Maoulida and Boukari had all great chances of even making it 3-2. They keyword: Flanks :D[/quote']

Gourcuff is on the bench for the PSG game, and there was nothing saying he was injured, which could mean something as well... Cracking game so far, by the way. PSG have been getting all the chances, while Bordeaux, whose attack is led by Gouffran (and Jussie behind him), can't get past the PSG back line.

Re: Respuesta: Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Gourcuff is on the bench for the PSG game' date=' and there was nothing saying he was injured, which could mean something as well... Cracking game so far, by the way. PSG have been getting all the chances, while Bordeaux, whose attack is led by Gouffran (and Jussie behind him), can't get past the PSG back line.[/quote']

dont see bordeaux scoring , unless its from the midfield..

i'm watching the game and gouffran and jussie upfront is probably the worst front line in the league lol.

Respuesta: French Ligue 1 and 2

The first half ends with a bang, with Erding connecting magically with Sessegnon's (?) cross to head it magnificently at the goal, but Carrasso pulls off a hell of a save to keep his (poor) team alive. Bordeaux have had a few good moments, but this first half shows just why Gourcuff shouldn't leave. Gouffran, Plasil, Jussie, and Wendel are just not good enough. They are simply inferior to all the other attacking forces of other similar teams. Or perhaps it's just that PSG are playing their best in a while. Having two wonderful playmakers, two nimble forwards, and a solid defense makes it questionable how they aren't leading yet.

Respuesta: French Ligue 1 and 2

Tigana is really pushing for a goal. Bordeaux are puting a lot of pressure on the PSG defense, and now Modeste is on for Wendel.

Edit: And it worked. 1-0 for Bordeaux. Diarra heads in Plasil's far-post corner kick to launch it past Coupet. PSG are looking really tired from the first half with all the running they did. Erding, who had three brilliant chances denied in some way by Carrasso, has come off for Giuly.

Re: Respuesta: French Ligue 1 and 2

And Modeste scores his first Bordeaux goal in the 94th minute' date=' a last-second winner for Les Girondins. Both of their goals came from corners. This was easily the game of the week. :D[/quote']

It was Ciani who scored though.

Anyway, Gourcuff deal seems to be actually happening this week, already tomorrow, to OL for €20M+. Replacement, probably Cabaye, who has a clause of about €7M in his contract, which makes me wonder what is he still doing in Lille. Anyway, if it goes this way good deal for all parties, Lille excluded. Bordeaux must maybe shake things up a bit, if Gourcuff wants to go, they should let him, because in bad moods he is pretty quiet on field. This is the grand difference between Cabaye and Gourcuff: the temperament. Gourcuff is the calm strategist, who on bad day is just a passer of ball without any flair, where as Cabaye is a package of living explosives who on bad day takes a red card in 30 seconds. Cabaye is a set pieces expert of same level as Gourcuff, so after few training sessions and perhaps two or three matches they'd have that part of their game back again. Triaud would also win about €15M in these deals, which is about what he loses for Bordeaux not playing CL. With Cabaye, Bordeaux still would be a candidate for CL, though it is very different if Gourcuff's departure would lead to Wendel and Trémoulinas leaving as well.

Hate'm Ben Arfa's father, Kamel Ben Arfa, came out to accuse Ben Arfa's agent Ali "Michel" Ouazine for having messed his son's head. He says that it is this a-hole, living on his son's money, who has made Hatem to leave people who once were close to him and to hate'm all and made him look like a troublemaker, when it is actually his "agent" - who according to Kamel Ben Arfa, isn't even a licensed agent - who makes all the trouble. Who knows, a lot of truth can be in this angry speech too.

Yup, Gourcuff to Lyon. Aulas get his dream-player, who he wanted throughout this summer, and Bordeaux gets much needed cash. I'm sure Tigana, who with 1 week to go before the transfer-window shuts down, will find some players for those 22M € who suit his prefered tactics. Although those 22M € won't come directly beacuse Lyon have about 2 and a half year to pay the whole sum, but I expect atleast like 10-14M € or so to come directly. So Bordeaux should find a replacement quick for Gourcuff, a new striker, and some wingers who fits in Tigana's plans.

Yup' date=' Gourcuff to Lyon. Aulas get his dream-player, who he wanted throughout this summer, and Bordeaux gets much needed cash. I'm sure Tigana, who with 1 week to go before the transfer-window shuts down, will find some players for those 22M € who suit his prefered tactics. Although those 22M € won't come directly beacuse Lyon have about 2 and a half year to pay the whole sum, but I expect atleast like 10-14M € or so to come directly. So Bordeaux should find a replacement quick for Gourcuff, a new striker, and some wingers who fits in Tigana's plans.[/quote']

Tigana got his striker in Modeste. May be a bit modest recruitment, but hey, Bordeaux isn't Real Madrid. Wingers, we've got them. It's CM/AM, a replacement for Gourcuff that is looked for. And that, most likely, is Cabaye, who's price is already fixed and who's just waiting for someone to come and pick him up from Lille. Now, as Bordeaux get the €22M in 3 parts, the first part should be right now and surely it is a sum big enough to buy them Cabaye. Note that if OL sells him, up to €4,5M goes to Triauds bank account, which might mean that Gourcuff sticks to Lyon for a quite long time, unless some crazy Arab owners of certain club throw a sac of money on table. This was an interesting purchase, Aulas told that his players had all wished for Gourcuff. I agree, they need exactly him to solve their puzzle. How many days is it from me saying that OL will win Ligue 1 this season? Now I'm even more sure of that.

Tigana got his striker in Modeste. May be a bit modest recruitment' date=' but hey, Bordeaux isn't Real Madrid. Wingers, we've got them. It's CM/AM, a replacement for Gourcuff that is looked for. And that, most likely, is Cabaye, who's price is already fixed and who's just waiting for someone to come and pick him up from Lille. Now, as Bordeaux get the €22M in 3 parts, the first part should be right now and surely it is a sum big enough to buy them Cabaye. Note that if OL sells him, up to €4,5M goes to Triauds bank account, which might mean that Gourcuff sticks to Lyon for a quite long time, unless some crazy Arab owners of certain club throw a sac of money on table. This was an interesting purchase, Aulas told that his players had all wished for Gourcuff. I agree, they need exactly him to solve their puzzle. How many days is it from me saying that OL will win Ligue 1 this season? Now I'm even more sure of that.[/quote']

I think Bordeaux needs another striker. Gouffran, Jussie, Bellion and Cavenaghi are just not good enough, and although Modeste is talented, one more is needed. Marseille's got several striking options in Brandao, Gignac and Remy (who by the way passed his medical yesterday :D), and Lyon in Lisandro, Gomis, Briand and Delgado. Bordeaux neeeds another striker aswell in my opinion, and that man would be in my opinion, Jelen. I believe he was ready to go to Marseille for 3M € some months ago, but for some reason the deal didn't happen. Anyway, if Marseille could get him for that cheap, why can't Bordeaux get him for that sum aswell? He is decent, and with Modeste more beeing a target-man (Chamakh style), I believe Jelen, who with his speed and good at running through defences, could be a good pair upfront with Modeste. Jelen's got routine from Ligue 1 already, so he would probably not flop in case he moved to Bordeaux. The wingers are not good enough aswell, I'd love to see Payet/Sigamary Diarra in the Bordeaux kit aswell, and they both fit Tigana's plan of having speedy, tricky and explosive wingers, which can't be really said to Bellion for instance.

Also, Bordeaux wanted to spend some moneys on new players before this Gourcuff deal occured, but they didn't have any cash, so why shouldn't they buy some new players when they've finally have the cash?

I need a reliable CM and i can get either Pascal Berenguer or Mathieu Coutadeur' date=' which do you think would be better?

I know Coutadeur is quite highly rated, but is he better for a reliable rating

Thanks in advance :)[/quote']

Coutadeur for sure, although he is injured at the moment (I think so, beacuse he hasn't played a minute yet this season). Anyway, buy Coutadeur, he has a better future in my opinion.

What do you guys think of Fabien Lemoine? I'm considering signing him in a setup Im in but just noticed he's expected to sit out on the sidelines due to some kidney damage, how long will he be out for, and could this hamper his position in the Rennes team? Or is he one of there best player? Also will he ever excel his current rating?

Also with Yoann Gourcuff departing from Bordeaux, will this be a chance for Gregory Sertic to break into the starting eleven? or will he still be used as a substitute?

What do you guys think of Fabien Lemoine? I'm considering signing him in a setup Im in but just noticed he's expected to sit out on the sidelines due to some kidney damage' date=' how long will he be out for, and could this hamper his position in the Rennes team? Or is he one of there best player? Also will he ever excel his current rating?[/quote']

Good player, but like you said, he is injured. To be honest, I don't know how long he'll be out for. Rennes has some good players at the centre-midfield and he could lose his place. Mandjeck, Doumbia and Tettey, who all at the moment aren't regular, could very well be impressive and take his place. Although Tettey wasn't to impressive at the end of the last season, Doumbia, who is talented and Mandjeck, who was very impressive at Kaiserslautern last season and is a newcomer for this season, could both step up and take a starting place.

I can't really see Lemoine become a regular for the French NT in the future, as there are names like Cabaye, M'Vila, Gonalons, Kabore, Sissoko just in the French League who are more talented than him in my opinion, and don't forget the players outside of Ligue 1, who can play in the centre of the midfield like Nasri, for instance.

In the end (if this is the setup I am assuming you are about to buy him in), I'd still go for Lemoine. I mean, SM don't drop injured players if they're out for long (See Owen Hargreaves) (Assuming Lemoine is out for a long time). So, if you buy him from Rennes, you should be able of getting a nice profit if it is in the game world I think you are about to buy him in.

Also with Yoann Gourcuff departing from Bordeaux' date=' will this be a chance for Gregory Sertic to break into the starting eleven? or will he still be used as a substitute?[/quote']

Cabaye will be Gourcuff's replacement most probably, but I think Sertic will be getting much playing-time as rotation will be used for the cup-games and even perhaps in some League games. Although he will most likely get most of the minutes at the cups, as I'm sure Bordeaux wants to get back into Europe once again.