Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: Respuesta: French Ligue 1 and 2

There is none. With 20 players against Bosnia' date=' but hey, Blanc said that his ideal is to have a squad of 18 players. I so hope that Gameiro starts. We need someone who can score. Benz is anotherone who must be used. He is a scorer, a true scorer, a potential big time star who can score goals against anybody, from anywhere.

[b']I'm pretty happy Hoarau is out[/b], no matter how much Blanc likes him, he is a chèvre. And also, I want Trémoulinas instead of Clichy, although it's unlikely to happen.

Why? In my opinion he was doing good against Belarus.

Personally, I hope to see M'Vila and Valbuena getting starts today.

Why? In my opinion he was doing good against Belarus.

Yeah, he got his big frame in front of the ball quite a few times, the problem is that he is too clumsy to do anything useful with it. Most importantly, too clumsy to score. I want a scoring striker, not another work horse or running wing forward. France produces on midfield but doesn't score. A new Papin/Henry/Trezeguet type of scoring forward is needed. That's why we need guys like Benzema and Gameiro.

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Where are the rating changes? sorry to put in but the creators sig says rating changes that I can't see :P

What? French rating changes? Now? Why? It means Ligue 2, I hope. Ligue 2 players were left unchanged last time, but Ligue 1 players haven't practically played at all since last changes. Aside from those who played Ligue 2 last season, like Kitambala, and were left unchanged.

What? French rating changes? Now? Why? It means Ligue 2' date=' I hope. Ligue 2 players were left unchanged last time, but Ligue 1 players haven't practically played at all since last changes. Aside from those who played Ligue 2 last season, like Kitambala, and were left unchanged.[/quote']

No, the creator was predicting rating changes, I've found them now but they're all out of date which is why I was looking for new ones but don't worry now :)

Philippe,

How highly do you rate Yann M'Vila and Eden Hazard?

I have M'Vila but was thinking about cashing in on him - do you think he could get to 88/89 next time around?

And what of Hazard - will he get to 90 playing for Lille or will he have to move? I see he was only on the bench for Belgium tonight...

Respuesta: French Ligue 1 and 2

No' date=' the creator was predicting rating changes, I've found them now but they're all out of date which is why I was looking for new ones but don't worry now :)[/quote']
Look at the date' date='the rating changes and predictions were from 2 years when this thread was originally started:p.[/quote']

I should clear this up. The predictions were not from two years ago. They were last updated over the summer. They are as recent as a few matches ago, technically speaking, but yes, they are rather outdated. I'm a human being, though, and I haven't found a time to update them all at once. I'm hoping to update the first post this weekend, though. But don't expect to see and update to the predictions until about a month before the next French changes. That's a long time coming.

Philippe' date='

How highly do you rate Yann M'Vila and Eden Hazard?

I have M'Vila but was thinking about cashing in on him - do you think he could get to 88/89 next time around?

And what of Hazard - will he get to 90 playing for Lille or will he have to move? I see he was only on the bench for Belgium tonight...[/quote']

Don't you dare cash in on M'Vila! :P The guys a big talent with a big future ahead of him. He will get an 88 or 89 in the next review, and will continue to rise after that. Keep him and your patience will be rewarded.

I don't know why Hazard was on the bench for Belgium. I don't recall him carrying any fitness problem, and there's no reason he isn't good enough to start. Looks more like a mistake if you ask me. He is a sensational player whom I love to watch. He can probably eek out a 90 at Lille, but he'll have to go elsewhere to get beyond that. There should be not problem though; it won't be long before clubs start pouncing on Lille for him.

Speaking the Belgian NT, Mirallas of ASSE also came off the bench to feature for Belgium in their 3-2 loss to Turkey. And since I'm on the subject the Euro qualifiers, I might as well cover France's Euro qualifier victory...

Bosnia-Herzegovina 0-2 France

0-1 Benzema (72)

0-2 Malouda (78)

MipoXPPtjjY

Lloris, Rami, Valbuena, A. Diarra, and M'Vila all started. No Gameiro throughout the entire game; he stayed on the bench with Briand, Sakho, Mandanda, Matuidi, and Reveillere (except for Menez, all the subs were Ligue 1 players). Matuidi, who came on for Malouda, was the only one who came on from the bench. On the Bosnia-Herzegovina side were Spahic and Pjanic.

Sensational performance from France. The first win in eight/nine games, and a comfortable one at that. Benzema was easily the man-of-the-match, doing what he does best: shrugging off the defenders and taking a shot on target despite intense pressure from a multitude of players (frankly, just about what France needs). The ex-Lyon striker opened the scoring, turning away from Spahic and blasting it past the [mediocre] goalkeeper.

Lloris didn't have to do much, but he did have his moment, pulling off a splendid save to deny his Lyon teammate, Pjanic, from converting a long-range free-kick (a Juninho-esque effort).

Rami was constantly joining the attack during set-pieces, something which is good to see. Defensively, the entire team showed improvement from last week; there was organization in the marking and composure in the retention of the ball.

In the midfield, Valbuena had a great performance, but that was tarnished by an agonizing ankle injury. The kind that could rule a player out for months if it snapped a bone or tore a connective tissue. The highlight of his game was a humorous accidental assist, as it appeared; he seemed to be going for goal, but slipped and instead rolled the ball to Malouda (not sure if it was an accident, but it looked like one). M'Vila also did well. He and Diarra made sure this time that Rami and Mexes wouldn't have to worry for much. Matuidi, in the brief period he spent on the pitch, justified Blanc's inclusion of him in the squad.

Speaking the Belgian NT' date=' Mirallas of ASSE also came off the bench to feature for Belgium in their 3-2 loss to Turkey. And since I'm on the subject the Euro qualifiers, I might as well cover France's Euro qualifier victory...[/quote']

If I remember right, he is on loan to Olympiacos.

Bosnia-Herzegovina 0-2 France

0-1 Benzema (72)

0-2 Malouda (78)

Benz was good too in my opinion, and Diaby also deserves some praise after that game. MoM in my opinion. Such a shame he wasn't that good against Belarus the other day aswell. Rami and Mexes played really well together, and I am not the biggest fan of Rami aswell. I mean, he can mix up good performances, with some big blunders (Mexes is also like that), but they were really impressive both of them yesterday. Dzeko, Ibisevic, Misimovic and the others couldn't do anything really, as the central part of France look really solid.

Respuesta: Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

I know it's early to tell but do you think Cesar Delgado will do enough this season to maintain his 89 rating' date='I'm just a bit unsure where he fits in with Briand and Gourcuff been added to the forward line?[/quote']

Gourcuff won't be a problem for Delgado, but he will have to compete with Briand for his spot, and I think Briand is the likelier number one choice. Lyon are currently rocking the 4-3-3, with Gourcuff and Pjanic flanking Gonalons in the midfield. With Bastos a definite fixture on the left of the attack, the right side is down to Briand and Delgado, so Delgado is looking like a substitute at the moment. He has had a number of exceptional performances in the past and hasn't really shown a lack of pace despite his age, but Puel will still prefer the youthful exuberance of Briand over the veteran winger. He'll keep his 89 rating.

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: French Ligue 1 and 2

Benz was good too in my opinion' date=' and Diaby also deserves some praise after that game. MoM in my opinion. Such a shame he wasn't that good against Belarus the other day aswell. Rami and Mexes played really well together, and I am not the biggest fan of Rami aswell. I mean, he can mix up good performances, with some big blunders (Mexes is also like that), but they were really impressive both of them yesterday. Dzeko, Ibisevic, Misimovic and the others couldn't do anything really, as the central part of France look really solid.[/quote']

I'm still waiting to see Sakho to debut on the international stage. I have a good feeling about his international future, despite how Rami and Mexes are doing.

I'm glad to see Diaby doing well. Firstly, because few French and Arsenal fans would have expected him to develop so much in coming years. Secondly, it's great that France still has plenty of the creative playmakers fundamental to its success. They now have such a multitude of midfield creators like Diaby, Gourcuff, Nasri, Valbuena, and so on. In terms of the attack, the team is finally coming out of a three- or four-year "dark age" in which no forward or forwards really stood out in the world stage like Henry did up to the 2006 World Cup. If Anelka is the best striker your country has, there must be something seriously wrong. :o:p

Re: Respuesta: Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Gourcuff won't be a problem for Delgado' date=' but he will have to compete with Briand for his spot, and I think Briand is the likelier number one choice. Lyon are currently rocking the 4-3-3, with Gourcuff and Pjanic flanking Gonalons in the midfield. With Bastos a definite fixture on the left of the attack, the right side is down to Briand and Delgado, so Delgado is looking like a substitute at the moment. He has had a number of exceptional performances in the past and hasn't really shown a lack of pace despite his age, but Puel will still prefer the youthful exuberance of Briand over the veteran winger. He'll keep his 89 rating.[/quote']

Apparently Gonalons is losing his place as a starter because Toulalan moves back to midfield. So, the optimal midfield will be Toulalan in the middle with Gourcuff and Pjanic in front of him and Briand and Bastos as wing forwards as Lisandro returns to striker place. This seems killer strong to me, and Puel will surely be sacked coming the spring if it seems he is not going to win the title. He is in a position where he must lead OL to big success or it's his fault and only his fault.

If I remember right' date=' he is on loan to Olympiacos.

Benz was good too in my opinion, and Diaby also deserves some praise after that game. MoM in my opinion. Such a shame he wasn't that good against Belarus the other day aswell. Rami and Mexes played really well together, and I am not the biggest fan of Rami aswell. I mean, he can mix up good performances, with some big blunders (Mexes is also like that), but they were really impressive both of them yesterday. Dzeko, Ibisevic, Misimovic and the others couldn't do anything really, as the central part of France look really solid.[/quote']

I agree on Diaby. I wonder why people go crazy about M'Vila, when he was again one of the least successful players. On midfield, Diarra did the defence and Diaby the offence. Francfootball.fr gave M'Vila the best rating of team, 7 on scale of 10, with Diaby and I think Benz got the same. I agree on Diaby and Benzema, though the latter missed a hatful of chances, but already the amount of serious scoring efforts that he made was a promise of victory that no other striker has been able to make for France for a long time. Now to see him lined up with Gameiro. I definitely want Gameiro to stay in l'EDF.

Mexes seemingly calms down and becomes more reliable and well-tempered when lined up with another nutcase. Rami is such a maniac that Mexes takes the role of the older and wiser player. This may be good, but I still ask why hasn't Koscielny been tried.

Valbuena was great, and he is there to stay, like it or not. It's the performance he brings time after time. He always plays well, he always tries to the bitter end. The Bosnians were there to kill Valbuena on the second half and should have got quite a few cards, only referee's idiocy saving them. He said that he actually tried to pass to Malouda, he only was not in stable position, so he fell while passing.

Talk about derby fever - Lens got two men sent off yesterday (Roudet and Jemaa) within 2 minutes! After that, everything wents Lille way and I'm sure we could have hold a draw if it weren't for those red cards.

Btw, I find it quiet weird that Girard keeps insisting having Ait-Fana on the bench, despite Montpellier weakness infront of the goal. Kabze hasn't been impressive, Giroud hasn't adapted (yet) to Ligue 1, so I find it quiet mysterious that Girard keeps having Ait-Fana on the bench, despite Ait-Fana's success last season. Something personal must have happened between these two beacuse otherwise, I see no point in keep having Ait-Fana on the bench.

Hello Didi/Philippe/Pazzano,

What are your views on Jimmy Briand and Bafétimbi Gomis in terms of their NT prospects? Out of the two, who do your rate as having the better shot at becoming a starter for the Les Bleus (if its even possible).

Basically, if you had the chance to keep only one of Briand/Gomis, I'm wondering who'll be the better keeper.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Didi/Philippe/Pazzano' date='

What are your views on Jimmy Briand and Bafétimbi Gomis in terms of their NT prospects? Out of the two, who do your rate as having the better shot at becoming a starter for the [i']Les Bleus[/i] (if its even possible).

Basically, if you had the chance to keep only one of Briand/Gomis, I'm wondering who'll be the better keeper.

Thanks in advance.

Briand, without doubt.

Has Luyindula of PSG got any chance of keeping his 88 rating ?

He is currently third option on the forward position for Paris. I doubt he will get many starts, and therefore I believe he will drop. He would have dropped last season if it weren't for Hoarau's long-term injury, which saw Luyindula getting many minutes.

Bordeaux seemed non-exisiting today against Nice. No on seemed to be bothered that they played for three points, and they seemed to still be on vacation. I really feel for them. I mean, Gourcuff left them just some days before the transfer-window, and although he left for loads of cash, they didn't really have the time to plan what they needed to strengthen for those cash (although I still see it as a mistake by Bordeaux to not buy Cabaye as the replacement to Gourcuff. Perhaps he'll come during the winter though?). It was just a misery to watch them play.

How are Kana-Biyik and Souprayen doing? Who is the most promising' date=' as I only really need one of them (unless both will rise).[/quote']

Any updates on this? :)

I kind of need the cash, so which should I sell? I need a back up CB if that helps. I don't know if either are not CB's.

Any updates on this? :)

I kind of need the cash' date=' so which should I sell? I need a back up CB if that helps. I don't know if either are not CB's.[/quote']

Anyone? :)

I can only tell you stats but Kana-Biyik has played 144 mins so far and Souprayen hasn't played any' date=' so based purely on that i would say to sell Souprayen.[/quote']

Ok, thanks. I'll wait for some more opinions. :)

Respuesta: Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Ok' date=' thanks. I'll wait for some more opinions. :)[/quote']

Doesn't look like either of them are gonna get much game time this season. I thought Souprayen would get the LB spot, but that's gone to Theophile-Catherine. Kana-Biyik's more of a CB than LB; the current starting CB's are Mangane and Fanni, with Apam the third choice. So, I would prefer Souprayen over Kana-Biyik.