Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

I see where you're coming from regarding Bayern' date=' but they signed Gustavo not too long ago for 15meuros.

If he comes to Liverpool, he'll definitely be starter as he's a better player than Lucas, also Liverpool are in a rebuilding process, and he can become a vital part of the side. Liverpool is still a big club, with some great players, so it will definitely be a step up for him. We paid around 18m for Masch when we signed him, but M'Vila is more dynamic than Masch, and has more to his game, so he's worth around 15-20meuros, and would fit perfectly alongside Meireles in CM.

Do you have any idea of what Rennes want for their star player? And the links with half of Ligue 1 talent is probably due to the fact Liverpool have Comolli :P

Anyway, for a change we're being linked with actual talent from France, unlike when we had Houllier(Diouf, Le tallec etc)[/quote']

Yeah, I exactly meant because of Comolli. Just didn't care to mention him right now. I know, he knows French football, so it is a good strategy for 'Pool to buy from France, but come on, Comolli seems to be watching every second player in Ligue 1.

Anyway, I didn't know Bayern just bough Gustavo, and with such a price too.

What I meant with the point that moving to 'Pool wouldn't be progress is that, though it is a big club, it is not playing in CL now and it may well be that it isn't playing there for few years now, seen that competition has just become tougher with City and Spurs blooming. I would say that move to Chelsea would be more like a direct step up for him. I don't want to depress the 'Pool fans, but even if Chelsea rebuilds too, and even if they can't use their "we buy all just name your price" strategy any more, even if they spent whole bunch of money to a striker who is 'most useless and just takes place from the good strikers they had, still I'd say Chelsea is more likely to play in CL in forthcoming years. You see, the level difference now speaks for Chelsea, the level of the youngsters in the club, the money behind the club. All for Chelsea.

In Houllier's time, you had a plentiness of actual talent from France that simply was absolutely wasted. A lot thanks to Houllier perhaps, but still. Le Tallec that you mention was probably the most talented youngster of his generation, but he didn't have that game experience that he would have needed, and he had always got everything pretty easily (thanks to his talent) and was not an easy person to deal with. Highly talented youngsters like Vignal and Le Tallec would have needed a manager who'd put them in order and give them some real game experience in a good role. Both of them should have been waiting for chances as subs and come up from that, learning from the older players and from the coach, like is done with Hernandez right now.

Well, the basic reason to Le Tallec's failure is, of course, that he left France too young. This is the mistake that M'Vila wants to avoid. I think that he actually has already avoided that. Think about it: had you heard of M'Vila when he was 17? Would he have started in 'Pool when he was 18? Possibly, but probably not. And had he left France that young, he had probably not developed into the player he is now. M'Vila seems quite mature boy - well, actually, as he is already a father of two, he is not a boy any more. He is wise enough to only move out of France when he has taken his time to develop and gain some name first. Another thing that might help is that he has contract 'til 2014 and doesn't press his club to release him, so his price will be high and he probably accepts that. The higher the price, more likely it is that he is given a decent chance.

I agree that M'Vila is more dynamic and complete than Masch. Masch is a good DM, M'Vila is something more. Though I've been criticizing his positioning, the way he leaves too much space between him and the defenders, he is still young and has learned a lot during the last year. His price was around €15M a year ago, I suppose it is more now. Perhaps around €20M. Particularly as he is not asking for a transfer and the club doesn't want to let him go.

@Adam&Dale: hope someone else answers your questions, I don't answer rating questions as I don't play the game any more.

Awards are given in France.

The best player of the Ligue 1: Eden Hazard (LOSC).

The best coach: Rudi Garcia (LOSC).

The best GK: Steve Mandanda (OM).

The best prospect: Mamadou Sakho (PSG).

Personally, I don't think there's two ways about the GK award. Should have gone to Lloris. Lyon would have fought maintain and not title without his amazing parades in match after match. There's no other GK in this league who would have saved those shots, probably no other in the world. Lloris is not perfect, but as a reflex shot stopper he is on his own level and this particular aspect of his game saved probably 40-50 goals for Lyon this season. Lyon had one of the worst defences in whole Ligue 1, and Lloris saved the team alone, just by himself, so many times that it remaining without mention is unbelievable.

Ligue 2 all-star team

GK: Benoît Costil (Sedan)

Def: Sébastien Corchia (Le Mans), Grégory Cerdan (Le Mans), Benjamin Genton (Le Havre), Cédric Fabien (Boulogne)

Mid: Romain Alessandrini (Clermont), Olivier Sorlin (Evian), Rudy Haddad (Châteauroux), Benjamin Corgnet (Dijon)

Att: Sebastian Ribas (Dijon), Sloan Privat (Clermont)

This looks pretty good to me too. Note two players from Clermont and one from Châteauroux. Haddad may be moving to Nantes now, Alessandrini could replace Maurice-Belay in Sochaux, Privat is on loan from the same club and should strengthen it next season.

And Ligue 1 all-star team:

GK: Steve Mandanda (Marseille)

Def: Anthony Réveillère (Lyon), Adil Rami (Lille), Mamadou Sakho (PSG), Taye Taiwo (Marseille)

Mid: Yann M'Vila (Rennes), Gervinho (Lille), Eden Hazard (Lille), Nenê (PSG)

Att: Kévin Gameiro (Lorient), Moussa Sow (Lille).

These are the official selections. I agree on Sakho, Hazard, Nêne and Gameiro, not with the rest, or maybe Rami. These are not bad choices, but I feel they're sort of just taken from the top clubs and with big names, without looking for particular individual performers. I think Chantôme and Martin missing, for example, is inexcusable. Martin may make the new record for assists in one season. He is one away from tying the current record of 18. One match left, that's at home, where Sochaux is almost invincible and always puts up a show. If he makes a new record, or even ties with the old, how bad does it look that he was not picked to the all star team? Even more so, when it is clear that Gervinho is a forward, not a midfielder. I would have actually picked him before Sow in attack. M'Vila is good, but not the best DM in Ligue 1 this season. That would have been Chantôme. Too many players from PSG then? Maybe. There are too many RB's to choose from this season, but why not Danzé? The GK, I would have had 3-4 GK's before Mandanda. Not that he had been bad, not at all, but GK's are excellent in the Ligue 1 right now. My pick would have been Lloris. I would have perhaps picked 3-5-2 formation, midfielders excelled more than others this season. Some honours should have been given to lower table players like Mounier, Mouloungui, Mollo, Hamouma, Grougi, Baysse and Didot.

A future nomination for prospects contest: Niang, if Caen doesn't get relegated. Watch out for this boy. A big time talent, hopefully a future French international.

Oh, by the way, I moved my summer transfer window tracking and the 11/12 preview posts to a thread of their own. I just realized, that particularly the transfer tracking post will be impossible to find from this thread after few posts.

It finds here:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=92906

I add to it on daily basis currently, and try to update it at least once a week during the summer as well.

Hello Didi.

With Taiwo going to Milan, with Heinze apparently leaving OM in the summer.. who do you think they will buy for that position..? Or they will only rely the LB position on Sabo and Fomen?

And is Emmanuel Imorou any good?

thanks in advance

Hello Didi.

With Taiwo going to Milan' date=' with Heinze apparently leaving OM in the summer.. who do you think they will buy for that position..? Or they will only rely the LB position on Sabo and Fomen?

And is Emmanuel Imorou any good?

thanks in advance[/quote']

In my opinion, Sabo would do, but in the current situation they need a backup for him at least. However, if Deschamps stays, I'm 99% sure he'll buy a new first LB, a big name, and uses Sabo as a backup. He looks for someone physically strong, preferably experienced, I assume. That's his style.

Deschamps sure needs to buy new defence. He has Azpi back on right flank, which allows him to play Fanni with Diawara in the middle. M'Bia can back up the CB department, while Fanni and Kaboré back up Azpi on the right. The LB department only has Sabo there, so a new LB is needed at least. I assume he also buys a new CB. Someone for the future, most likely, a big and strong young defender, who will develop behind Diawara, Fanni and M'Bia. I'm surprised that Deschamps hasn't come up with a shopping list. Usually he is very open about this. Maybe he doesn't yet know who he wants.

Why exactly is Heinze leaving? I though he'd had a great season' date=' despite his age..?[/quote']

Well, what I've seen him playing for Marseille these 2 seasons, I've thought he has done quite well too, but the consensus is, that he has now two rather bad seasons in a row. I don't know why exactly, but this is how it is usually seen. Seen that he sits on a quite hefty pay check (€5M/year), Marseille doesn't exactly insist on keeping his services. If they can sell him to Serie A, they'll be happy to do that. I'm not sure if he wants to leave himself, and in case that he does, I'm not sure why.

Edit. My sense of time fails me. I read this as a sure thing just this morning. He should announce his departure in public this Friday. After that, we'll know more.

I didn't have to wait for Deschamps' shopping list (or Anigo's/Dassier's, but it's quite widely reckoned that Deschamps is the one who chooses the players) too long a time and it appears that Heinze and Taiwo will be replaced with Mangane (Rennes) and Morel (Lorient).

Hi' date='

I'm looking to buy some up and coming French goalkeepers for my Lyon team.

I have a mainly French side with a few Brazilians and Argentines thrown into the mix. Are there any young keepers that would be worth adding to my squad.

Thanks.[/quote']

Get Ali AHAMADA. Rated 75, and should get a rise to about 80.

Need a quick reply here.

What rating should Jires Embo-Ekoko move to...

If anything' date=' just a +1.

Was wondering if someone could offer me some advice on Tolouse pair Paulo Machado and Étienne Didot. How are they likely to fair in the next rating changes for France?

Both should keep their ratings, definitely won't be rising.

Both should keep their ratings' date=' definitely won't be rising.[/quote']

What are their current ratings? I recall that before I stopped playing SM, Didot got his rating dropped to 88 from his team high 89. He has been arguably team's best player (with Capoue and Machado, but imo better than the two), so he could get back to 89 if he hasn't already. Machado as well, could be 89, but I don't know how they're rated these days.

What are their current ratings? I recall that before I stopped playing SM' date=' Didot got his rating dropped to 88 from his team high 89. He has been arguably team's best player (with Capoue and Machado, but imo better than the two), so he could get back to 89 if he hasn't already. Machado as well, could be 89, but I don't know how they're rated these days.[/quote']

Yeah mate, there both 88. I took a gamble on him and bought him without knowing so I a happy with my decision now.

Yeah mate' date=' there both 88. I took a gamble on him and bought him without knowing so I a happy with my decision now.[/quote']

There's a question of how Toulouse's league position affects this. They're now 10th and can still end anywhere between 7th and 16th. Last year Toulouse was 14th, so I suppose their position only makes it more likely for Didot and Machado to rise to 89.

There's a question of how Toulouse's league position affects this. They're now 10th and can still end anywhere between 7th and 16th. Last year Toulouse was 14th' date=' so I suppose their position only makes it more likely for Didot and Machado to rise to 89.[/quote']

France will be rated in the next few days, and because they're 10th in the table, i think they will stay at their rating.

France will be rated in the next few days' date=' and because they're 10th in the table, i think they will stay at their rating.[/quote']

Well, the season will be over this Sunday, so the position could still be counted. Anyway, seen that they were 14th last season, the 10th place this season would be progress. Didot had been rated 89 before, then very surprisingly got his rating decreased to 88, and has since been team's best player. I think there is a case, at least, for rising his rating.

What about Colibaly from Auxere his rating is now 89 can he rise' date='stay ,drop,dont really follow Auxerre[/quote']

Come back and ask this question after the last game, it's possible they could get relegated or even finish 7th! there's 7 possible teams that could get relegated, this will be interesting.