Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Any news if Mollo will be transferring this summer? cheers :)

I really don't know. I haven't heard any concrete' date=' and with Monaco trying to create a group consisting of routinated players and young guns, Mollo may very well be playing his trade in Ligue 2. Though Mollo is too good for Ligue 2 and Monaco, during their Ligue 1 spell, didn't believe in Mollo's talent (which we all knew he had and which he showed at Caen) and which could mean that he'll try to seak his way out of Monaco. No one would really blame him for that, as he is too good for Ligue 2 and I don't see a reason to why he should be loyal to Monaco when they (or Lacombe if you may) treated him like that. In other words, though there aren't any concrete rumors currently, stay tuned on this. He should move on shortly. Perhaps Caen could cough up enough money to buy Mollo now when they've sold El-Arabi - we'll see.

Got him in most of my teams already, I let u have him in ec5579 :P

Signed him even before he moved to Rennes. ;)

Hi Guys' date='

Wouldn't mind your opinions on Oliver Sorin?[/quote']

He's a good 'keeper and is definately one of the key-elements at the current Auxerre side. However, I don't think he'l reach any bigger club that Auxerre, to be honest. Not beacuse he doesn't have the talent enough to reach a club bigger than Auxerre, but only beacuse of the simple reason that France is overcrowded with quality 'keepers. From Thebaux (Caen) to Lloris (Lyon), Ligue 1 is a good verification on what I just stated. Besides, Auxerre are quite a competitive side, who every now and then challenges for a European spto. By keeping out a talented 'keeper in Riou, Sorin is definately proving my statement quite right. ;)

Is Abdoul Camara (Rennes, 83) a good buy for the future? Do you think he will get more stats next season or be another regular sub play?

Also on SM, Rennes best keep is rated 84. Are they buying a new one or are they giving one of the younger keepers a chancee to play

Really liking the look of the way PSG are assembling the side,I think there very keen on keeping a French core to the side and players with previous Ligue 1 experience at other clubs,in Douchez they have a proven Ligue 1 keeper with him playing for Rennes for many years.

Armand and Sakho were already two of PSG's best performers and in Bisevac they've added another centre back who has Ligue 1 experience and has the ability to make the step up,and Jallet has already had experience with Lorient and PSG for two years.

The central midfield is probably there strongest area with Matiudi,Bodmer and Chantome all been fantastic players and should form a very good partnership between them all,they've also got two fantastic wingers in Nene and Menez but they possibly need some depth in this position.

As for forwards they have Gameiro,Erdinc and Hoarau,don't think they need to change that trio at all to be honest.

Really looking forward to seeing how this team lines up as with them finishing 4th last year I think they can certainly challenge for the title next year.

Really liking the look of the way PSG are assembling the side' date='I think there very keen on keeping a French core to the side and players with previous Ligue 1 experience at other clubs,in Douchez they have a proven Ligue 1 keeper with him playing for Rennes for many years.

Armand and Sakho were already two of PSG's best performers and in Bisevac they've added another centre back who has Ligue 1 experience and has the ability to make the step up,and Jallet has already had experience with Lorient and PSG for two years.

The central midfield is probably there strongest area with Matiudi,Bodmer and Chantome all been fantastic players and should form a very good partnership between them all,they've also got two fantastic wingers in Nene and Menez but they possibly need some depth in this position.

As for forwards they have Gameiro,Erdinc and Hoarau,don't think they need to change that trio at all to be honest.

Really looking forward to seeing how this team lines up as with them finishing 4th last year I think they can certainly challenge for the title next year.[/quote']

Yeah, PSG is the team to look out for the next season in French football. They should be able to carry on the positive stones they laid this past season, where they almost nickled a place in CL. Hopefully, they keep signing talented French players and not playing SM by signing every player with talent (Man City). I really like what these two newly-rich teams (Málaga and PSG) are doing - signing talented players within their own league and overall spending their well funded pockets smartly - it's certainly an interesting project to follow. Though Saint-Étienne did get the best out of the Matiudi-deal - Clément is a quality player - and those millions should be invested smartly in their defence and hopefully on a striker (I don't really rate Sinama-Pongolle nor Sanongo and though Aubeymang is a lovely player, ASSE, if they want to reach a place out in Europe, which I assume is their goal, cannot only rely on him). Baysse and Puygreiner to ASSE anyone?

I'm hoping PSG will sign another two wingers (Martin and Danic hopefully), as Nenê could do with rotating, Giuly has left and Sessegnon hasn't been replaced yet - even though it's gone seven months since he left the capital! Another centre-back alternative who can replace the former quality defender Camara (Puygrenier? Mignot?), and hopefully also an alternative to Tiéné (I'm hoping for Tabanou).

I still don't understand why El-Arabi wasn't signed. I think he would have done well in an ''Amalfitano-role'' right next to Gameiro - and we all know how well Gameiro and Amalfitano linked up at Lorient. Besides, it would mean that PSG could get rid of Erdinc (who looks set to depart to Newcastle) without losing competence upfront and losing depth as well (I do not rate Luyindula, Maurice and Arnaud at all).

Yeah' date=' PSG is the team to look out for the next season in French football. They should be able to carry on the positive stones they laid this past season, where they almost nickled a place in CL. Hopefully, they keep signing talented French players and not playing SM by signing every player with talent (Man City). I really like what these two newly-rich teams (Málaga and PSG) are doing - signing talented players within their own league and overall spending their well funded pockets smartly - it's certainly an interesting project to follow. Though Saint-Étienne did get the best out of the Matiudi-deal - Clément is a quality player - and those millions should be invested smartly in their defence and hopefully on a striker (I don't really rate Sinama-Pongolle nor Sanongo and though Aubeymang is a lovely player, ASSE, if they want to reach a place out in Europe, which I assume is their goal, cannot only rely on him). Baysse and Puygreiner to ASSE anyone?

I'm hoping PSG will sign another two wingers (Martin and Danic hopefully), as Nenê could do with rotating, Giuly has left and Sessegnon hasn't been replaced yet - even though it's gone seven months since he left the capital! Another centre-back alternative who can replace the [i']former[/i] quality defender Camara (Puygrenier? Mignot?), and hopefully also an alternative to Tiéné (I'm hoping for Tabanou).

I still don't understand why El-Arabi wasn't signed. I think he would have done well in an ''Amalfitano-role'' right next to Gameiro - and we all know how well Gameiro and Amalfitano linked up at Lorient. Besides, it would mean that PSG could get rid of Erdinc (who looks set to depart to Newcastle) without losing competence upfront and losing depth as well (I do not rate Luyindula, Maurice and Arnaud at all).

I agree PSG looks good: I was afraid of the Qatari going crazy and destroying a great team with all expensive, useless lazy stars, but the recruitments look real good to me. Currently they've got Ligue 1' best striker, best wingers (Menez-Nene, both cutting in as suits Kombouaré), arguably the best central midfield (really, what looks better than Chantôme-Matuidi-Bodmer?) and best central defence (Armand-Sakho allready were the best two, now with Bisevac, arguably amongst the five best last year - yeah, I take my bad words back, he has been excellent), with a top-5 GK and classy-enough wing backs, in particular Jallet, maybe 3rd or 4th best of the league. Ceara and all the super promising youngsters are back up, and perhaps Hoarau will get motivated enough now that he realizes he's the no. 2. striker, on bench, and needs to prove himself again.

On the Matuidi deal, I really think PSG got the best in that. Matuidi is extremely good, better than Clement. Nothing against Clement, good work defence wise but he lacks attacking productivity. What I liked about Matuidi-Perrin was that these were probably the two most efficient recuperators of whole Ligue 1 and meanwhile also two amongst the best attacking midfields, great play making. Matuidi is a play making midfield and a ball winner in same package. Will do well with Chantôme, while I assume that Bodmer will take that "Amalfitano" place on the side of Gameiro, a he was used behind the lonely striker successfully in the end of last season. That will look awesome. Erding will most probably be sold, there's an agreement of principle with Newcastle for €8M. PSG will do wise not to buy too many new players to sit on bench, as they've got really classy youth. It was already said early this summer that Kebano will be used this year, they won't buy a player who would take his place. Now, that's your back up for Nene, and be sure that he is good. Real talent, can do marvellous things. Bahebeck back ups the striker department, but they'll probably buy another striker/winger nevertheless. Danic just prolonged, not him then. I assume Zarate is the one. Pastore has been mentioned, but he is more an AM and though he is no doubt amazing, I find it a bit hard to fit him to Kombouaré's team, not that he wouldn't be good enough, just not necessarily what they're looking for. Then again, apparently they're looking for all kinds of AM's, so maybe he would fit in.

I agree PSG looks good: I was afraid of the Qatari going crazy and destroying a great team with all expensive' date=' useless lazy stars, but the recruitments look real good to me. Currently they've got Ligue 1' best striker, best wingers (Menez-Nene, both cutting in as suits Kombouaré), arguably the best central midfield (really, what looks better than Chantôme-Matuidi-Bodmer?) and best central defence (Armand-Sakho allready were the best two, now with Bisevac, arguably amongst the five best last year - yeah, I take my bad words back, he has been excellent), with a top-5 GK and classy-enough wing backs, in particular Jallet, maybe 3rd or 4th best of the league. Ceara and all the super promising youngsters are back up, and perhaps Hoarau will get motivated enough now that he realizes he's the no. 2. striker, on bench, and needs to prove himself again.[/quote']

Yup, PSG look awesome at the moment and should definately be challenging for the trophy based on their A: Squad and B: their previous strong season with a weaker squad. I hope they can gather enough depth in their squad as well by signing filling in with players on those positions I mentioned on my previous post. If they could do that, then they are highly likely to at least disturb Lyon's throne as a constant CL consumer.

On the Matuidi deal' date=' I really think PSG got the best in that. Matuidi is extremely good, better than Clement. Nothing against Clement, good work defence wise but he lacks attacking productivity. What I liked about Matuidi-Perrin was that these were probably the two most efficient recuperators of whole Ligue 1 and meanwhile also two amongst the best attacking midfields, great play making. Matuidi is a play making midfield and a ball winner in same package. Will do well with Chantôme, while I assume that Bodmer will take that "Amalfitano" place on the side of Gameiro, a he was used behind the lonely striker successfully in the end of last season. That will look awesome.[/quote']

Regarding the Matuidi deal: It was just poor language skills from my side - I was meant to say that ASSE got the best possible deal they could for Matuidi - and not the best deal. I can only agree with you about Bodmer - he should or should I say will definately play in that Amalfitano role. Like you said, he did sho greatly this past season when he played next to Hoarau, so now, when he'll play next to Gameiro, they should be able of overcoming more defences in Ligue 1 than what he did next to Hoarau, who is all know isn't as individual talented as Gameiro. The keyword is individual skills here - that'll be needed if PSG want to tear up more defences than what a static Hoarau managed to do. Besides PSG did good with the 4-2-3-1 formation this past season and with more skilled players I can only see them doing better with that formation.

Regarding the Matuidi deal: It was just poor language skills from my side - I was meant to say that ASSE got the best possible deal they could for Matuidi - and not the best deal.

Ok, agreed. It is hard to find DM's of level of Clement, and proven as he is, for that price. Reportedly they only paid €1 for him, this was a deal that was agreed as a side dish of Matuidi deal. Clement is class act and will serve ASSE well. And ASSE was really pushing the price of Matuidi unnecessarily high before, demanding €15M for a player who has a €12M or €13M buy out clause in his contract. That was the realistic maximum, but with Clement deal counted, I think they got a good price for him. Otherwise I wouldn't be extremely happy with their purchasing. They've lost three important attacking elements and replaced them with none. They keep on buying defence, while they really should act on attack department before all the good players are gone. But they might be doing what they did with Clement: buying the good subs of bigger clubs. Currently they have their eyes on Pied. Good find for them. Will move for a low price, because apparently is not part of Garde's plans, and in my opinion was one of the most impressive attacking choices of OL last season. May do what Mounier did for Nice.

Okay, Leonardo goes crazy. I was happy with Douchez, Gameiro, Menez, Matuidi and Bisevac, but Momo Sissoko and Siguru are just excess. Pastore should be added with Ligue 1 record transfer fee that exceeds €40M. And then there are all crazy rumours about every second Brasilian talent. I don't like this. I'm not the biggest fan of the club, but I want to see it at the top of the Europe and right now, I think Leonardo is being foolish.

First, PSG was already real good last season, and I thought the idea was to add some few elements to the current squad. Menez replaced Giuly, Matuidi replaced Makelele, Douchez replaced Coupet and Gameiro and Bisevac were the added elements. Seen how little Clement played last season, he could be replaced by some youngster. This is the second problem: PSG has probably the worlds best youth ranks. I'm serious, the region of Paris is full of footballing talent like some Rio de Janeiro, so much that many French clubs go fishing there because PSG just can't take all the top talents to their youth teams - there's too much of them. Now, what is is with all these forwards and attacking midfielders, when clearly Bahebeck and Kebano were ready to take the next step? Is it wise to block their way with 20-year-old Brasilians so that they will eventually be given up for free to smaller clubs where they will shine? Kebano should be the no-. 1 replacement for all Menez, Nene and Bodmer. Bahebeck can well be the no. 3 or no. 4 striker. Now them, plus young defender Landre, after having signed their first professional contracts, were put away from the first squad. What a waste to pay €40M for a foreign youngster when you can use your own for free and perhaps sell him for €40M in future. Won't happen if all gansos and pastores invade le Parc. Thirdly, I agree that it is better to put your money on Pastore, who is already proven to be productive in Europe, than to buy some boy who, though perhaps is a big talent, has nevertheless played just one strong season in Brasilian league, which proves nothing about how he will do in France. Of course Ganso could be the new Ronaldinho, but he could also be the new Severino. We don't know that yet, and yet his club, doubtlessly totally broke and in serious need of money, demands ridiculous €45M for him. If Leonardo feels that bad urge to spend that sum to either Ganso or Lucas (who according to youtube videos is brilliant dribbler at leas) or Pastore, Pastore is the best choice for me. However, and this is the real third point: Bodmer is proven player, was going to be a French international before Puel destroyed his career by playing an attacking player as a defender, and did great in 4-2-3-1 as playing the central AM, and I can't see why he must be replaced as well. And Kebano is good enough back up for him: PSG isn't playing CL this season. And then fourth: why on earth two no. 1 GK's? That has never done any good to any team!!! And fifth: paying €7M for Sissoko, when you already have 3 DM/CM's in hand that can really play forward as well (Chantôme, Matuidi, Bodmer), is just waste of money. Perhaps this shows ambitions: club is built more like some Inter than a typical French clubs, so that it has an excess of first team players. Ok, but still, what started as "adding some new elements to a well working team" has gone to replacing 6 of first 11 and forcing the home grown talents out of the first team. Finally, sixth, if you're going to sell players, sell them first, buy new ones after, or you'll have a overly large squad and nobody will pay money for players that they know you have to get rid of. I really hope Leonardo sells Erding before adding any more attacking players.

Okay' date=' Leonardo goes crazy. I was happy with Douchez, Gameiro, Menez, Matuidi and Bisevac, but Momo Sissoko and Siguru are just excess. Pastore should be added with Ligue 1 record transfer fee that exceeds €40M. And then there are all crazy rumours about every second Brasilian talent. I don't like this. I'm not the biggest fan of the club, but I want to see it at the top of the Europe and right now, I think Leonardo is being foolish.

First, PSG was already real good last season, and I thought the idea was to add some few elements to the current squad. Menez replaced Giuly, Matuidi replaced Makelele, Douchez replaced Coupet and Gameiro and Bisevac were the added elements. Seen how little Clement played last season, he could be replaced by some youngster. This is the second problem: PSG has probably the worlds best youth ranks. I'm serious, the region of Paris is full of footballing talent like some Rio de Janeiro, so much that many French clubs go fishing there because PSG just can't take all the top talents to their youth teams - there's too much of them. Now, what is is with all these forwards and attacking midfielders, when clearly Bahebeck and Kebano were ready to take the next step? Is it wise to block their way with 20-year-old Brasilians so that they will eventually be given up for free to smaller clubs where they will shine? Kebano should be the no-. 1 replacement for all Menez, Nene and Bodmer. Bahebeck can well be the no. 3 or no. 4 striker. Now them, plus young defender Landre, after having signed their first professional contracts, were put away from the first squad. What a waste to pay €40M for a foreign youngster when you can use your own for free and perhaps sell him for €40M in future. Won't happen if all gansos and pastores invade le Parc. Thirdly, I agree that it is better to put your money on Pastore, who is already proven to be productive in Europe, than to buy some boy who, though perhaps is a big talent, has nevertheless played just one strong season in Brasilian league, which proves nothing about how he will do in France. Of course Ganso could be the new Ronaldinho, but he could also be the new Severino. We don't know that yet, and yet his club, doubtlessly totally broke and in serious need of money, demands ridiculous €45M for him. If Leonardo feels that bad urge to spend that sum to either Ganso or Lucas (who according to youtube videos is brilliant dribbler at leas) or Pastore, Pastore is the best choice for me. However, and this is the real third point: Bodmer is proven player, was going to be a French international before Puel destroyed his career by playing an attacking player as a defender, and did great in 4-2-3-1 as playing the central AM, and I can't see why he must be replaced as well. And Kebano is good enough back up for him: PSG isn't playing CL this season. [b']And then fourth: why on earth two no. 1 GK's? That has never done any good to any team!!![/b] And fifth: paying €7M for Sissoko, when you already have 3 DM/CM's in hand that can really play forward as well (Chantôme, Matuidi, Bodmer), is just waste of money. Perhaps this shows ambitions: club is built more like some Inter than a typical French clubs, so that it has an excess of first team players. Ok, but still, what started as "adding some new elements to a well working team" has gone to replacing 6 of first 11 and forcing the home grown talents out of the first team. Finally, sixth, if you're going to sell players, sell them first, buy new ones after, or you'll have a overly large squad and nobody will pay money for players that they know you have to get rid of. I really hope Leonardo sells Erding before adding any more attacking players.

Who out of Sirigu/Douchez do you think will be their starter?

Who out of Sirigu/Douchez do you think will be their starter?

Seen that Douchez injured just before the season starts, Sirigu will at least have some advantage. Sirigu will have his chance to show his skills right away, we'll see if Douchez is given back the no. 1 post when he comes back.

TBH though Didi, what more do you expect from Leonardo? So far at every club he's been at, he's been a flop.

He's been treated by his reputation as a player/person rather than his abilities at running/managing a club.

Anyways we'll wait and see how this all ends, i personally hope it ends well.

TBH though Didi' date=' what more do you expect from Leonardo? So far at every club he's been at, he's been a flop.

He's been treated by his reputation as a player/person rather than his abilities at running/managing a club.

Anyways we'll wait and see how this all ends, i personally hope it ends well.[/quote']

Maybe. I don't know how bad a flop he was in Italy. I think he was hired because of his reputation as a player and because of his good personal relations, something that could lure some interesting Brazilian starlets to PSG. In my honest opinion, the new rich PSG looked better with the old soberminded staff. I hope it goes well, but I'm worried about this excess of changes in a club that was doing well. PSG had a strong project before the Qatari owners. Particularly worrying is all the talk about hiring some big international names for managers, like Benitez or Ancelotti, of whom I don't think either is exactly the key to titles (not that Ancelotti hadn't won any, but considering how big clubs he has managed, he should have won some more, it even seems like AC Milan had won despite and not because of him).

Maybe. I don't know how bad a flop he was in Italy. I think he was hired because of his reputation as a player and because of his good personal relations' date=' something that could lure some interesting Brazilian starlets to PSG. In my honest opinion, the new rich PSG looked better with the old soberminded staff. I hope it goes well, but I'm worried about this excess of changes in a club that was doing well. PSG had a strong project before the Qatari owners. Particularly worrying is all the talk about hiring some big international names for managers, like Benitez or Ancelotti, of whom I don't think either is exactly the key to titles (not that Ancelotti hadn't won any, but considering how big clubs he has managed, he should have won some more, it even seems like AC Milan had won despite and not because of him).[/quote']

Just look at Inters performances in the Champions league.

In my view Benitez would be a very good signing for PSG, although it's unlikely they'll get him now, especially when so much money has been sent on new players in to the club. Benitez likes to build his own team, and play it in his own way, plus don't think he'd want Leonardo following his tracks.

Ok. Now Pastore is Parisian. I'm going to add to my rant that, in fact, I fear that PSG would possibly do better with Bodmer than with Pastore. Not that Pastore wouldn't be amazingly talented player, but I think Bodmer fits the squad better. Look at it this way: what's the no. 1 advantage Pastore has over Bodmer? Dribbling, I would say. What's the no. 1 advantage Bodmer has over Pastore, as an AM (forgetting for a while that of course, defensive abilities are his advantage)? Air game.

Take a look at the two options for PSG's attack:

1:

Gameiro

Nene - Bodmer - Menez

2:

Gameiro

Nene - Pastore - Menez

Now, Gameiro is quite complete forward, he does just anything, but when you look at this combination, all Menez, Nene and Gameiro are excellent dribblers. They can do that part of the game very well. Though Pastore is relatively tall, what worries me is that he seems rather weak and I haven't ever seen him actually heading the ball, not to mention winning air balls against the central defenders. Nene is particularly weak player who doesn't win anybody with strength and though Menez's air game isn't bad, that's not his strong point either. Put Pastore to the middle of that all and it may possibly Gameiro to come down and fight for each air ball, to protect the ball and make the game. He likes to do that, yes, and maybe that would work, they would combine with Pastore as strikers and both would score well. Or maybe it wouldn't. If Gameiro is expected to bang over 30 goals all competitions combined, he should be more just a striker. Moreover, Pastore is not, to my knowledge, a striker. In this situation, the team would have exact number of 0 real strikers on the field. Of course, as I haven't seen Pastore all that much, I may be wrong about his air game and other abilities, strength and such. Put there Bodmer instead, and he'll fight the air balls and gain the possession of the ball, keeping it to the team. He is a strong player with good defensive abilities, and who can add an extra fire power not only with his very impressive shot, but also and particularly with his extremely strong air game. He's a second striker who actually can beat the tall CB's in air game. I don't doubt that Pastore is technically better and perhaps better as a play maker, but look at that midfield: both Nene and Menez are excellent play makers, neither one of them adds any special finishing touch in the box, they are play makers. Other than that, there are Chantôme and Matuidi, both excellent play makers. I think PSG already had exactly what it needed in Bodmer, all that lacked the last season was a scoring striker, and that was brought in form of Gameiro.

Just look at Inters performances in the Champions league.

In my view Benitez would be a very good signing for PSG' date=' although it's unlikely they'll get him now, especially when so much money has been sent on new players in to the club. Benitez likes to build his own team, and play it in his own way, plus don't think he'd want Leonardo following his tracks.[/quote']

I can't possibly see what good would Benitez bring to PSG. He's a tactical zero, you saw his Inter, that was not impressive at all. Kombouaré has so far been good everywhere and I would rather give him a chance to prove himself on international level. And he's PSG's own boy, respected and loved.

Yeah, Bodmer would definately pair up well with the attacking trio (Nenê-Menez-Gameiro). As you said Didi, Bodmer is stronger than Pastore and while Pastore is a better skilled player, strongness is better than technique in this case considering how many techniqual players Kombouaré has at his disposal. Also, Bodmer is better on going on the deep than Pastore. I mean, with the trio (Gameiro, Nenê and Menez) being all very good dribblers, that someone who is good at running in the shadows (and thus split up the defence) is vital. If one of the guys in trio would come against a wall of defenders, Bodmer's none tireless running would be vital inorder to give the dribblers options - either try to sneak in a pass to Bodmer or try to take on a few defenders by themselves. The latter choice wouldn't be as tough as it sounds, as Bodmer obviously would drag on himself a few defenders with his running in the deep.

Having had a think, maybe Leonardo has sneaked at Madrid when it comes to his signing. I mean, last year, Mourinho did play a NO.10 player (Özil) in a 4-2-3-1 formation next to two attacking wingers (Ronaldo and Di Maria) and behind a skillful ball-player (Benzema). It was successful formation in my opinion - if it weren't for Barca - they'd perhaps would have taken the triple (CL, La Liga and Cup). Behind those five guys, he had two deep-lying playmakers in Xabi Alonso and Khedira - with Khedira covering the defence a bit more. If we go by the fact that PSG will line up Gameiro upfront with Nenê-Pastore-Menez behind him and Matuidi and Chantôme behind those three, then the PSG would be quite similar to the Real Madrid side, in my opinion. Gameiro being similar to Benzema with his goal production and the ability of creating big chances on his own, Nenê being ''le Ronaldo du PSG'' with his skillful technique and good goal ratio, Menez being similar to Di Maria with his breakthrough in the game, Matiuidi being similar to Khedira with his box-to-box play and Chantôme being close to Xabi Alonso with his good vision for the game (though Chantôme is operating over a bigger area than Alonso, hence why I put close in Italic).

Yeah' date=' Bodmer would definately pair up well with the attacking trio (Nenê-Menez-Gameiro). As you said Didi, Bodmer is stronger than Pastore and while Pastore is a better skilled player, strongness is better than technique in this case considering how many techniqual players Kombouaré has at his disposal. Also, Bodmer is better on going on the deep than Pastore. I mean, with the trio (Gameiro, Nenê and Menez) being all very good dribblers, that someone who is good at running in the shadows (and thus split up the defence) is vital. If one of the guys in trio would come against a wall of defenders, Bodmer's none tireless running would be vital inorder to give the dribblers options - either try to sneak in a pass to Bodmer or try to take on a few defenders by themselves. The latter choice wouldn't be as tough as it sounds, as Bodmer obviously would drag on himself a few defenders with his running in the deep.

Having had a think, maybe Leonardo has sneaked at Madrid when it comes to his signing. I mean, last year, Mourinho did play a NO.10 player (Özil) in a 4-2-3-1 formation next to two attacking wingers (Ronaldo and Di Maria) and behind a skillful ball-player (Benzema). It was successful formation in my opinion - if it weren't for Barca - they'd perhaps would have taken the triple (CL, La Liga and Cup). Behind those five guys, he had two deep-lying playmakers in Xabi Alonso and Khedira - with Khedira covering the defence a bit more. If we go by the fact that PSG will line up Gameiro upfront with Nenê-Pastore-Menez behind him and Matuidi and Chantôme behind those three, then the PSG would be quite similar to the Real Madrid side, in my opinion. Gameiro being similar to Benzema with his goal production and the ability of creating big chances on his own, Nenê being ''le Ronaldo du PSG'' with his skillful technique and good goal ratio, Menez being similar to Di Maria with his breakthrough in the game, Matiuidi being similar to Khedira with his box-to-box play and Chantôme being [i']close[/i] to Xabi Alonso with his good vision for the game (though Chantôme is operating over a bigger area than Alonso, hence why I put close in Italic).

Ok, a fair point, maybe it will work. But still, I think we both might have got it more right in our doubts. On the other hand, Kombouaré's plan is to, not only have options, but actually use his options, so perhaps he will really use all these players. In fact, Bodmer may sometimes find himself as a defensive midfielders, and perhaps Pastore will play at wing sometimes. I'd imagine that wing position is right now what is planned for Kebano, since there are not much others than Nenê and Menez on wings.

Ok' date=' a fair point, maybe it will work. But still, I think we both might have got it more right in our doubts. On the other hand, Kombouaré's plan is to, not only have options, but actually use his options, so perhaps he will really use all these players. In fact, Bodmer may sometimes find himself as a defensive midfielders, and perhaps Pastore will play at wing sometimes. I'd imagine that wing position is right now what is planned for Kebano, since there are not much others than Nenê and Menez on wings.[/quote']

Is Kebano a much bigger talent than Bahebeck? Also do you know anything about Gianni Bruno of Lille?

Is Kebano a much bigger talent than Bahebeck? Also do you know anything about Gianni Bruno of Lille?

Good questions. I don't know much anything about Bruno. Bahebeck is a good talent as well, in fact. He is a polyvalent forward, skilled and physical. How to put it... yes, I think Kebano is the more impressive of the two. He does some quite fantastic things with the ball. He is fast ball in foot as well. It may just be also that he is the more hyped youngster of the two, I don't know. But he has come up from the PSG youth ranks with a lot of hype, he is a huge prospect and I hope Leonardo doesn't screw up this young boy's career. However, forget not that Bahebeck is one year younger yet plays in the first squad.

Both should stand their chances for the first team football: Bahebeck the third forward after Gameiro and Hoarau, Kebano perhaps the third winger after Nenê and Menez. unless new players are bought. A new striker may be bought if Erding is sold and this new striker of course is preferred to Bahebeck. Of course, as Bahebeck can play on wing as well, maybe both Kebano and Bahebeck will be back ups for Menez and Nenê.