Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Still' date=' €42M for him because Chelski was after him too[/quote']

I'm pretty sure that sum was the price beacuse of A: There are concretre rumors saying some of Sirigu's transfer funds were involved in this deal, and thus, PSG got him rather cheaply (€3m). To be honest, I wouldn't turn that rumor down, as Sirigu had shown his quality in Italy already and beacuse he was the starting 'keeper for Italy while Buffon was out - even being labelled ''the succeedor to Buffon'' - and I'm pretty sure he is, to be honest. €3m does seem pretty lame for Sirigu in reality and we all know Zamaprini is greedy, which draws me to point B - when Pastore was signed by Palermo in '09, Palermo didn't get the full rights to his contract - roughly 30%-40% of the contract was shared his between his agent and Huracan - which was probably the main reason to why Zamparini demanded an unreasonable price. In the end, when Javier was sold for those €42m, around €17m hit his agent's and former club's pocket instead of Zamparini's.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FRENCH RATINGS All the stats from the top of Ligue 1 to the bottom of Ligue 2 First post contents 1. Preface 2. Announcements 3. Post Format 4. Ligue 1 Table and Teams (Links) 5. Ligue 1

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2 Here is a post from the French Offside on Lille, claiming them to be the best in France and actually capable of posing a serious threat to any team in Europe. So I decided to

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2 Yes. In my opinion he should be tried. He should have been a few years ago when he played for Le Mans' date=' in fact. But now more than ever. I base this on two things: 1.

I'm pretty sure that sum was the price beacuse of A: There are concretre rumors saying some of Sirigu's transfer funds were involved in this deal' date=' and thus, PSG got him rather cheaply (€3m). To be honest, I wouldn't turn that rumor down, as Sirigu had shown his quality in Italy already and beacuse he was the starting 'keeper for Italy while Buffon was out - even being labelled ''the succeedor to Buffon'' - and I'm pretty sure he is, to be honest. €3m does seem pretty lame for Sirigu in reality and we all know Zamaprini is greedy, which draws me to point B - when Pastore was signed by Palermo in '09, Palermo didn't get the full rights to his contract - roughly 30%-40% of the contract was shared his between his agent and Huracan - which was probably the main reason to why Zamparini demanded an unreasonable price. In the end, when Javier was sold for those €42m, around €17m hit his agent's and former club's pocket instead of Zamparini's.[/quote']

Good points, I didn't know any of that really.

Re: Respuesta: French Ligue 1 and 2

HI' date=' what happen with JEREMY MOREL? is he injured now??????? HOw long is the injury?????'

He plays all matches with MARSEILLE , but since the match MARSEILLE 3-0 PSG, he doesn,t play again.

Any can answer my cuestion?

THANKS[/quote']

Was injured. Played last night against Nancy. Talking of which, Valbuena was decisive again: he scored 1-0 and assisted neatly Lucho's 3-1 goal. Between matches against Olympiakos (lost 0-1) and Dortmund (won 3-2 with Valbuena's

) he was kept on bench. Since that decisive last minute goal, he has started all matches and boy has he been on fire.

Let's note that he kept the lead of the assist chart during that time despite of not playing. He didn't add anything to his score chart against Bordeaux despite otherwise very good match with several dribbles, 11 crosses and 3 shots on target, but against Lorient, when his team was down 0-1 in the end of the match, he came up with wonders again. First, another excellent long range effort to tie things up, then assisted Cheyrou's extra time winning goal from a free kick he himself had won. Here's the video:

http://www.goalsarena.org/video/france-ligue-1/17-12-2011-marseille-lorient_en.html

Before Valbuena's marvels, there is some extremely bad defending by N'koulou.

And now, with a less wonderful manner, he again scored a goal and gave an assist in 3-1 victory over Nancy. That makes his goal count in Ligue 1 4 and assists extremely high 9. If he keeps up the pace and gives another 9 assists on the second half of the season, he will break the one season assist record, and why wouldn't he, seen that Marseille started season badly and he started only 13 of 19 possible matches this side of the season.

There's been reports that Kombouare has been sacked along with his backroom staff. It hasn't been confirmed by PSG yet though.

Really stupid. If l'OM or Bordeaux are ready to walk seperate ways with their current managers' date=' they've got a direct replacement here. One of the more upcoming French managers at the minute. Just shows that PSG are getting stupider and stupider as their financial security has been proven strong. PSG are topping the Ligue 1 table and although they've been knocked out of the EL competition, it's a stupid decision - they weren't going to win the EL anyway and if they would, would that really matter?. CL is what they aim for and Kombouaré's management would guarantee that seeing as he topped the Ligue 1 table with PSG.

I don't know the English expression of this, but as we say in Sweden, it's [i']storhetsvansinne[/i] - Dan, you know what I'm talking about. Whatever coach they bring in, he's gonna have to prove the hard convincing Parisians' hearts and at the same time keep up the team's momentum at the top of the table.

Former Chelsea and AC Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti is favourite for the post but Dutchman Frank Rijkaard, former player Claude Makelele and Rafa Benitez have all been mentioned as possible replacements.

Although ... I'm uncertain that I'd trust a paper that can't spell names correctly

:P

Argentine star Javier Pastore, Kevin Gameiro, Diego Lugano, Mohamed Sissoka and Jeremy Menez were all brought in as they set their sights on Champions League football.

Hubris or megalomania

:P

The correct spelling, if that's what you mean.

...sacking the coach when you're leading the league. :rolleyes: There is no valid reason for sacking, which means that they are going to pay heavily for that. Also won't win the league anymore. I'm pretty sure about that. Well, I already thought so, now even more. I return to this in my blog when I get to PSG. Sorry for delay, I've updated it so slow that my "previews" are not ready and the autumn season is already over.

Merry Christmas' date=' Monaco! The others, well, just try to cope with what you have, no Russian billionaires coming to Sedan or Tours.[/quote']

I really hope they get the reshuffle they need with they being a classical club. The rincipality wasn't to fussed about Monaco, so his staff could have executed their jobs in whatever mannern without getting the axe, which was proven last season. Would be interesting to see how they'll splurge their cash this window considering they're filthy rich and a Ligue 2 team at the same time (and being rock bottom at the minute). Then we can talk about players only there for the cash. Hopefully he'll take in note that some personal changes higher up in the boards room are much needed as well.

What can you tell me about Benjamin Stambouli?

Good, solid young CB. Comfortable with the ball, good passer, works well in a possession game. Seemed like he would have broken through last season, but has found it hard to get to start this season since Montpellier brought in Hilton, whom I don't appreciate at all but who has nevertheless been good for Montpellier. I don't remember if there was an injury in early season (he didn't play at all in first few matches), but in any case, it is hard to break into the first XI when your team is winning, especially if you're a defender. Stambouli is, nevertheless, the no.1 substitute for CB position in Montpellier currently and Hilton is like 40-year-old (and some big money club will buy Yanga-Mbiwa from Montpellier next summer).

Hopefully Gourcuff can have a splendid season(whats left of it) it really is a joy to watch him play when he is in form.How do you guys think he will do?

He will do well, thinks I. In my opinion has played well now that he has been back and should start to take the starting place first thing in the spring. I think he will be fully fit, thanks to his work rate in practice. He really needs just to enchain more matches, so the break didn't come to a good place for him. On the other hand, he will not suffer similar drop in form as many others, since he had hardly got to it yet anyway. One thing he doesn't get enough respect for is that he always is the guy who runs the most during the match. Again, in his last match, this was the case. He is not only a playmaker, not only an AM, he is a real box-to-box player who moves a lot both vertically and horizontally, so to say (I mean, he cuts wide to both left and right sides and comes down to help defence, playing often practically holding DM role when opposition has the ball). Great attitude, always working a lot, in practice and in games. Perhaps my one single favourite player that I appreciate the most of all and I really hope to see him back in the top form for the spring season.

Expect Nancy to bounce back. They just signed Puygrenier, plus got Mollo and Bayal Sall on loan. Already starting to look better towards the end of the autumn season, with these good signings they may do much better for the spring season and get clear of relegation. Note that they are currently in position to be relegated only by a goal difference, tied in points with Nice. I expect Nice to coming up a bit as well as currently 19th placed Sochalien orphans of Gillot. Evian just signed Kahlenberg on loan which must be good for them, but frankly, their current position is mostly due to luck. I've said it before and I dare to say it again: they've been extremely lucky with the refs. With no. 1 GK injured and it being impossible that this luck with the refs goes on all season, I expect them to do significantly worse the spring season. Still only 4 points from relegation, this being another extremely tight season in Ligue 1, only the top 8 being pretty clearly distinguished from the rest of the league (and seen the strengths of the teams, one could suppose this top 8 to remain to the end of the season).