Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Cabella - 88

Reynet - 86/87

Bakambu - 85/86

Nothing against Reynet, but why do you think he is rising? Dijon has conceded the most goals in Ligue 1 and will probably get relegated in the end of the season, and GK situation being as god as it is in Ligue 1, I doubt any team signing him as their no. 1.

Nothing against Reynet' date=' but why do you think he is rising? Dijon has conceded the most goals in Ligue 1 and will probably get relegated in the end of the season, and GK situation being as god as it is in Ligue 1, I doubt any team signing him as their no. 1.[/quote']

Sorry mixed up names ... but I still think that he should be eligeble for some kind of minor rise due to the fact that even tho the overall performance of Dijon has been far from good ... Reynet has been one of the few positive things about the team.

And I think that a shorter time in Ligue 2 ( i.e. 1 season ) will only do good for Dijon as a team and Reynet as a player to come together more ... being one of the "big" guns ... not going in to each game like underdogs.

Am I just rambling on or do I make any sense ? :P

Sorry mixed up names ... but I still think that he should be eligeble for some kind of minor rise due to the fact that even tho the overall performance of Dijon has been far from good ... Reynet has been one of the few positive things about the team.

And I think that a shorter time in Ligue 2 ( i.e. 1 season ) will only do good for Dijon as a team and Reynet as a player to come together more ... being one of the "big" guns ... not going in to each game like underdogs.

you are always rambling to me, my love :)

I fully agree that Reynet has actually been good, but just liked to note that the superficial stats show the opposite (and that will be decisive for his rating in SM). If you go even a bit more in detail, I think he has the most saves too in Ligue 1. Dijon tries to play rather attacking, nice looking football without really having the class to that. Nothing wrong with the attacking players, but the defence is a Ligue 2 defence, and though not bad as that they are not suiting to playing attacking football against skilled and experienced opponents.

Concerning the other subject, Dijon is very sympathetic club, but let's face it, they are a minuscule club and their strategy is to give a chance to quasi-lost long shot prospects from amateur leagues. They are not a big fish even in the Ligue 2 pond. They are going to lose their best players in the end of this season and will not be guaranteed to be amongst the top clubs in Ligue 2 next season.

Hi guys,

I have watched Ligue 1 closely the last few weeks. Great match last night between Montpellier and Lille. Winner right at the last.

A question- what could be the potential rating rises of the following players of Montpellier?:

Bedimo

Estrada

Saihi

Giroud

Stambouli

Cabella

I would really appreciate it if you could give me an accurate predicted rating rise for these players. Thanks.

Hi guys' date='

I have watched Ligue 1 closely the last few weeks. Great match last night between Montpellier and Lille. Winner right at the last.

A question- what could be the potential rating rises of the following players of Montpellier?:

Bedimo

Estrada

Saihi

Giroud

Stambouli

Cabella

I would really appreciate it if you could give me an accurate predicted rating rise for these players. Thanks.[/quote']

Just gunna do the final 3 on that list.

Giroud +1 absolutely, depending on how the Euros go he might even reach 92.

Stambouli should hit 86 atleast while Cabella should end up on 87 after this season :)

Just gunna do the final 3 on that list.

Giroud +1 absolutely' date=' depending on how the Euros go he might even reach 92.

Stambouli should hit 86 atleast while Cabella should end up on 87 after this season :)[/center']

Thanks. Looking at what happened to the ratings of Lille players after they won Ligue 1 though, shouldn't a few of these players hit 89+ if Montpellier win Ligue 1? I'm hoping their starters go to 90+.

Thanks. Looking at what happened to the ratings of Lille players after they won Ligue 1 though' date=' shouldn't a few of these players hit 89+ if Montpellier win Ligue 1? I'm hoping their starters go to 90+.[/quote']

Lille was 4th the season before winning the title, Montpellier was 14th. The players also had already made their mark in Ligue 1 for more years, most of Montpellier's important players have hardly had two good seasons, of which the first they ended 14th. For Cabella, for example, this was his first full season in Ligue 1, and even that only in condition that you count 15 starts and 13 appearances from the bench a full season. Some might not. Stambouli, even more so, only 13 starts and 12 from the bench. If you want to name players who are rising to that "regular starter for a title-winning side" status, they are: Jourdren, Hilton, Bedimo, Bocaly, Yanga-Mbiwa, Belhanda, Saihi, Giroud and Utaka. I do not know if some of these already have such rating (I have no idea of what ratings are these days since I haven't played the game for some 2 years or so). Giroud obviously is a star player. Other players possibly and in a lesser extent that are first team regulars are Estrada, Camara and Marveaux.

Lille was 4th the season before winning the title' date=' Montpellier was 14th. The players also had already made their mark in Ligue 1 for more years, most of Montpellier's important players have hardly had two good seasons, of which the first they ended 14th.[/quote']

That's my point- is this acheivement not more incredible than previous years and therefore do their key players (other than the already 90 rated Giroud) deserve a rating increase to 89/90+ now they are on the brink of being champions, as their current ratings don't reflect champion players?

That's my point- is this acheivement not more incredible than previous years and therefore do their key players (other than the already 90 rated Giroud) deserve a rating increase to 89/90+ now they are on the brink of being champions' date=' as their current ratings don't reflect champion players?[/quote']

The point is precisely that it is more incredible. The players get high rating when it is expected that they are going to play on that level in the future. Showing their class for a few seasons got the ratings of Lille players already bit higher. Then winning the title got them 90+. Montpellier's ratings were significantly lower, and it is unlikely that just winning one title would rise them as high as the Lille players, because it is in no way a guarantee that they would be better. Winning one season does not make them a bigger and better team than likes of Lyon, Lille and PSG, and especially as very few of Montpellier's players play in their national squads and none of them actually has any international merits, there is little reason to rise their ratings very high yet. Giroud is the one exception, since he wins the scoring title and will play for France in the EC. There should be no other exceptions.

The point is precisely that it is more incredible. The players get high rating when it is expected that they are going to play on that level in the future. Showing their class for a few seasons got the ratings of Lille players already bit higher. Then winning the title got them 90+. Montpellier's ratings were significantly lower' date=' and it is unlikely that just winning one title would rise them as high as the Lille players, because it is in no way a guarantee that they would be better. Winning one season does not make them a bigger and better team than likes of Lyon, Lille and PSG, and especially as very few of Montpellier's players play in their national squads and none of them actually has any international merits, there is little reason to rise their ratings very high yet. Giroud is the one exception, since he wins the scoring title and will play for France in the EC. There should be no other exceptions.[/quote']

Yes, but Ligue 1 is a big league (which SM consider as one of the big worldwide leagues, as it is updated more frequently than others) and if Montpellier do go on to be champions, they should therefore be rewarded with high ratings, as they have beaten big teams with big players to get to the top (Lille, Lyon, PSG, etc)? Thoughts.

Yes' date=' but Ligue 1 is a big league (which SM consider as one of the big worldwide leagues, as it is updated more frequently than others) and if Montpellier do go on to be champions, they should therefore be rewarded with high ratings, as they have beaten big teams with big players to get to the top (Lille, Lyon, PSG, etc)? Thoughts.[/quote']

And they will, but not as much as Lille did when they won it. Most probably the players of Lille, PSG and Lyon, maybe even those of Marseille, remain higher rated than those of Montpellier. And fairly so. If they renew their success next season, on any level, I mean if they do not crash out of CL on group stage and end up under the mid table in Ligue 1, then they will get their higher ratings. But I really doubt their capacity to play two top tournaments at the same time, especially if they lose Giroud and Belhanda. And so does SM, believe me. And they do not rise the ratings before they are sure, because they do not want to move them up just to drop them again in the next changes.

I'm not interested in continuing on this topic as I do not play the game any more. You can make your decision for yourself and wait and see what SM does to the ratings.

Oh lol. But Hazard' date=' jeesh, that guy is amazing[/quote']

True. These last months I have been laughing at these "bitter foxes" talking about "sour grapes" dismissing Hazard as "too much hype for no big deal" after having understood that he is not going to join them. Hazard has been touted since he was 17 or 18. He has always seemed phenomenal. Now this is the first season that he has really carried his team on his shoulders, been the indubitable star player, delivered in form of both assists and goals, taken almost all set pieces duties, and people are talking about him as he was just en vogue. He is fantastic, can go even better than scoring a hat trick in his last match for Lille.

On a side note: Garcia plans not to sell any other core players, and to sign Cole permanently. I think Hazard and Obraniak still have to be replaced, and with the money they get from Hazard, why not trying to sign Martin and Boudebouz? Those two must be kept together and they could actually provide the immediate and the future improvement.

Well, I get back to watch the title-decider. I've been surfing: started with Lorient-PSG, switched to ASSE-Bordeaux, went to Montpellier-match when Bordeaux took control, and have occasionally tried to catch glimpses of the Hazard-show all the time.