Philippe Nguyen

Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Guest drseanfitz

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Afraid im dire when it comes to computers so cant post the vid but if anyone gets the chance seek out Clement Grenier's goal versus Madrid in their friendly from tonight - breathtaking and audacious! Cant help thinking certain teams have missed a trick in not picking him up' date=' filled with talent just a bit of consistency needed![/quote']

rHnM-M3FtB0

Hi Ligue 1 fans, looking for opinions on the following, cheers:

1. Just looking at Monaco's pre season, will Kurzawa be their first choice LB this season, as I can pick him up as a free agent in one of my game worlds?

2. The guy who bought Monaco is an actual genius. With Monaco's low rate of tax combined with the glamorous lifestyle, it automatically will atrract the top players to the team, like Falcao, meaning they could be a real force in Ligue 1 and Europe very soon.

Having said that, this has got to be the biggest controversy in world football! I am going to get a bit political now, so appologies! Monaco are a seperate country all together to France, meaning their country and therefore team, obviously will have a different tax rate to the other Ligue 1 teams (a much lower one!)

The only other real example I can think of of this sort of thing happening elsewhere in world football is Vancouver Whitecaps (Canadian) in the MLS, who have a lower rate of top tax than USA I believe. Swansea and Cardiff are under British tax laws in the case of the English Premier League.

This surely gives Monaco an unfair advantage over the rest of the Ligue 1 teams?! For instance, Falcao could have been offered the exact same deal at PSG, but is automatically inclined to go to Monaco, due to its lower tax rate.

What I am saying is, this just gives Monaco more buying power over their rivals. Should the French FA, and even maybe the government, state that Monaco's football team is officially French and not Monacanese (if that is the right word?!) and therefore impose the same rate of tax for all teams in Ligue 1?

Great to see Abidal get a call up for the national team.

You think he will be able to get back in on a regular basis should he stay fit for Monaco. Was really good for Barca end of last season

Is Anthony Lopes the new 1st goalkeeper for Lyon?

Took the position when Vercoutre got injured last April. He has made a case for himself so far, but we will know more when Vercoutre has recuperated, which may take until next year. So, for the Autumn season at least, Lopes is the starter unless he fails so badly that they'll prefer Defourny to him. But I'd gamble that Lopes will continue to start when Vercoutre comes back.

And talking about OL, Gourcuff was sublime against Nice. Not only that absolutely superb free kick, but also those chances he created for others. Great to see him in such a form again, looks better than in ages. Hope he'll keep that up. Grenier too, he has been outright awesome despite missing that sitter Gourcuff played for him. Lacazette apparently new no. 1 CF after Lisandro decided that he is not good enough to play for OL.

Hi Ligue 1 fans' date=' looking for opinions on the following, cheers:

2. The guy who bought Monaco is an actual genius. With Monaco's low rate of tax combined with the glamorous lifestyle, it automatically will atrract the top players to the team, like Falcao, meaning they could be a real force in Ligue 1 and Europe very soon.

Having said that, this has got to be the biggest controversy in world football! I am going to get a bit political now, so appologies! Monaco are a seperate country all together to France, meaning their country and therefore team, obviously will have a different tax rate to the other Ligue 1 teams (a much lower one!)

The only other real example I can think of of this sort of thing happening elsewhere in world football is Vancouver Whitecaps (Canadian) in the MLS, who have a lower rate of top tax than USA I believe. Swansea and Cardiff are under British tax laws in the case of the English Premier League.

This surely gives Monaco an unfair advantage over the rest of the Ligue 1 teams?! For instance, Falcao could have been offered the exact same deal at PSG, but is automatically inclined to go to Monaco, due to its lower tax rate.

What I am saying is, this just gives Monaco more buying power over their rivals. Should the French FA, and even maybe the government, state that Monaco's football team is officially French and not Monacanese (if that is the right word?!) and therefore impose the same rate of tax for all teams in Ligue 1?[/quote']

Hello!

You are absolutely right on this subject, the other french clubs are not happy at all. They see the matter as an unfair advantage for Monaco (relative to Monaco one will write "monégasque" in french, "monegasque" in english with a charming accent:D:D:D)

There is an ongoing case at the moment: LFP is trying to force Monaco to pay regular taxes up to 75% upon high wage bill.

This fueled today the rumor of Falcao leaving this next winter.

1. Just looking at Monaco's pre season' date=' will Kurzawa be their first choice LB this season, as I can pick him up as a free agent in one of my game worlds?[/quote']

Well, I expect Kurzawa to get a good amount of play-time this season. Anyway, we can't discard a new left full-back signing, maybe a loan as we saw Romero coming in on loan today.

regards

Nigel

Riviere is looking great. Could get to 90 easily if he keeps scoring like this.

Rivière 4 - 2 Falcao

If Rivière continues like that' date=' Falcao will leave for sure:D, though his third goal was lucky.

Seriously, Rivière may get to 90, but he has to make his proof in a [u']complete[/u] season AND break through in french national team.

Rivière 4 - 2 Falcao

If Rivière continues like that' date=' Falcao will leave for sure:D, though his third goal was lucky.

Seriously, Rivière may get to 90, but he has to make his proof in a [u']complete[/u] season AND break through in french national team.

Expecting Riviere to falter. Hope I'm proven wrong..

Damn you OCHOA' date=' one more goal from PSG and 204 euros on my pocket![/quote']

Big bets you're making mate..