Philippe Nguyen

Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Check out Cabella's fantastic goal against Guingamp:

http://www.lfp.fr/ligue1/feuille_match/77647

The whole highlights worth watching too. MHSC creates great chance after another' date=' even scores a valid goal that is not given, then when they finally get the lead with Cabella's screamer, they concede an unlucky, though warranted, penalty and the game is even. Even after that they miss one great chance to get the lead back. Football is cruel sometimes. Montpellier would have needed those 2 points. on a side note, I can see Cabella leaving this winter if a reasonable bid is made. That would make their season even more difficult, but it will be hard to keep that guy there when they struggle against relegation.[/quote']

Hi Didi,

Great highlights, thanks for sharing the clip.

I have a question about Benjamin Stambouli. I recently read he was one of the rising stars of L1 and despite Montpellier's mixed fortunes this season, that he and Cabella have been very good.

What do you think of him? Is he likely to move along with Cabella at the end of the season, or sooner?

His strike was over the line in my humble opinion and should have counted!! :P

Many thanks in advance,

Herby

Events that really serve to fortify the suspects that big (money) clubs are favoured by referees. I am 100% sure that had that been Silva tackling the ball in front of Ben Yedder, referee would not have even considered a penalty. It's devastating to watch: Spajic tackles the ball in front of Lavezzi and maybe slightly touches him; Lavezzi immediately dives and rolls on ground as if he was shot; referee doesn't even think of it but directly points at the spot. TFC was well in the match before that.

Events that really serve to fortify the suspects that big (money) clubs are favoured by referees. I am 100% sure that had that been Silva tackling the ball in front of Ben Yedder' date=' referee would not have even considered a penalty. It's devastating to watch: Spajic tackles the ball in front of Lavezzi and maybe slightly touches him; Lavezzi immediately dives and rolls on ground as if he was shot; referee doesn't even think of it but directly points at the spot. TFC was well in the match before that.[/quote']

ref should be out of game after few crucial mistakes,and technology should be used more often,now we have few cams on every stadium in strong leagues

Great run' date=' even better clearance from Diawara[/quote']

Great run, once again no end product. :P

But Lucas is really an immense talent. Much better than I expected. he does wonderful things in every match and only needs to develop a bit of efficiency. That will come.

Montpellier coach Rolland Courbis has declared about 19 year old forward Mbaye Niang, actually on loan from AC Milan: "Considering the last two performances, if Niang wants to go back to Milan tomorrow, I will drive him to the airport. But, as football is stranfer, his situation will be evaluated in the next ten games. The last decision will be up to the president. All I will do is telling me my opinion. And, if I had to do it now, tomorrow he would be back in Milan".

The kid really is such a bad footballer.:P

Montpellier coach Rolland Courbis has declared about 19 year old forward Mbaye Niang' date=' actually on loan from AC Milan: "Considering the last two performances, if Niang wants to go back to Milan tomorrow, I will drive him to the airport. But, as football is stranfer, his situation will be evaluated in the next ten games. The last decision will be up to the president. All I will do is telling me my opinion. And, if I had to do it now, tomorrow he would be back in Milan".

The kid really is such a bad footballer.:P[/quote']

haha time to sell him then? i remember when he was mega hyped up from the Caen team him and Lenny Nangis i think it was best things from sliced bread

Montpellier coach Rolland Courbis has declared about 19 year old forward Mbaye Niang' date=' actually on loan from AC Milan: "Considering the last two performances, if Niang wants to go back to Milan tomorrow, I will drive him to the airport. But, as football is stranfer, his situation will be evaluated in the next ten games. The last decision will be up to the president. All I will do is telling me my opinion. And, if I had to do it now, tomorrow he would be back in Milan".

The kid really is such a bad footballer.:P[/quote']

Not because of his skills though, that comment I mean. Just a little before, Courbis said Niang is the best striker of the league. That was a massive exaggeration, and Courbis clearly gives these comments a bit tongue in cheeck, but Niang is indubitably a talented kid who just has never appeared to be mentally the best case and this seems to be his problem now too. It is largely related to all the stupid things he does outside the pitch and his apparent inability to deal with that, so he plays crappy now that he is shaken once again, all his own fault though.

haha time to sell him then? i remember when he was mega hyped up from the Caen team him and Lenny Nangis i think it was best things from sliced bread

Haven't seem him play in ligue 1 mate just seen that comment and laughed my head off because when he was at Milan i thought he was the worst footballer on the planet. I think there is a very small chance he could turn out to be something quite decent but i wouldn't put money on it and i sold him last season after seeing him play in serie a.

Have you guys watched Monaco vs Lyon game? 2 goals for monaco shouldnt be counted because of offside. Clearly offside especially the one that Berbatov scored and the linesman is just few yards beside him. :mad:

Especially that one, but he was clearly offside in the second one too. The referee admitted afterwards that having seen the video he and his assistants were devastated by the sight of their utterly horrendous performance, worst of their careers, and said that in hindsight he should have not accepted any of Monaco's three goals. Now, on the first one I'm not completely sure why, but seen that the referee himself says he made a mistake there, maybe that is an offside foul too. An indeed, in a way, you can say Berbatov (always him!) did affect the play by charging for the ball in that situation too.

This really did bad to Lyon's chances for CL football next season. With the merited victory here they would have been well on course for the third spot, but now it seems quite distant.

The mistakes here were pretty odd. Particularly Monaco's third goal, it was so clear an offside it could not have been clearer really. It really makes me think they just favored Monaco. It seems to be the trend: Monaco and PSG get favorable refereeing. "Coincidentally" they also have the most money.

Especially that one' date=' but he was clearly offside in the second one too. The referee admitted afterwards that having seen the video he and his assistants were devastated by the sight of their utterly horrendous performance, worst of their careers, and said that in hindsight he should have not accepted any of Monaco's three goals. Now, on the first one I'm not completely sure why, but seen that the referee himself says he made a mistake there, maybe that is an offside foul too. An indeed, in a way, you can say Berbatov (always him!) did affect the play by charging for the ball in that situation too.

This really did bad to Lyon's chances for CL football next season. With the merited victory here they would have been well on course for the third spot, but now it seems quite distant.

The mistakes here were pretty odd. Particularly Monaco's third goal, it was so clear an offside it could not have been clearer really. It really makes me think they just favored Monaco. It seems to be the trend: Monaco and PSG get favorable refereeing. "Coincidentally" they also have the most money.[/quote']

Same here. Just too obvious, there must be a conspiracy there. Poor Lyon, if they cant make to UCL or even worse EL they will surely lose their star players like Lacazette and Grenier. They are my fav team in Ligue 1 :(