Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: French Ligue 1 and 2

Same here. Just too obvious' date=' there must be a conspiracy there. Poor Lyon, if they cant make to UCL or even worse EL they will surely lose their star players like Lacazette and Grenier. They are my fav team in Ligue 1 :([/quote']

Also that penalty in Cup final. Oh dear. I don't think it's so much against Lyon as it is for Monaco and PSG. They get very favourable refereeing. Very very favourable. I also do not so much think that it is a conspiracy, it may be but that's unlikely, just that referees are bit unprofessional and feel pressure to make decisions that are favourable to these big money international stars and their rich owners.

I know I suggested it's because of money, so that they might be paying for it. That's how it felt when watching it. I hope, I really hope they can keep this talented young core of Lacazette, Grenier and fellows and build on that. Grenier's injury may be a blessing in disguise, because he will certainly miss World Cup now and is generally really flying under radar. Not attracting so many takers now. Then just to prolong his contract again and make him captain or whatever it takes to keep him for longer time.

Check this out:

http://www.lfp.fr/ligue1/feuille_match/77844

Bordeaux won 5-1, and nothing against that, but check these goals. 4 fluke goals and one false penalty. All in one match. Talk about good luck!

Okay, I give to them that that first goal was a little less fluke and much more of a good fight by Diabaté.

Diabaté wins the Mario Gomez prize of "scoring despite himself" for this effort.

Hey guys

Just wanted some more info on Areola?

Atm on loan at Lens from PSG. What rise should he be getting as it seems they are reviewing Ligue 1 atm, and usually that includes players loaned out.

Also will he have any future at PSG, with the money they have and already a very good keeper in sirigu? How talented and high regarded is he from Paris?

Not a fan of that. She'll be out the door quicker than she came in.

Why? She seems very competent. I reckon if the boys can welcome her well, she can do really well there. And it seems they're openminded enough to have no problems with this choice. As it stands, Clermont has an interesting young squad and although in Ligue 2 the summer transfer window usualy changes the teams completely, if they can stick to most of that squad and if they have the good mentality about this, Clermont can be the team to watch next season. Can't do much worse than they did this season, anyway, but reckon they can do much better with that lady. Give her a fair chance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why? She seems very competent. I reckon if the boys can welcome her well' date=' she can do really well there. And it seems they're openminded enough to have no problems with this choice. As it stands, Clermont has an interesting young squad and although in Ligue 2 the summer transfer window usualy changes the teams completely, if they can stick to most of that squad and if they have the good mentality about this, Clermont can be the team to watch next season. Can't do much worse than they did this season, anyway, but reckon they can do much better with that lady. Give her a fair chance![/quote']

back to the Clermont female manager issue, she already resigned and they replaced her with another female, this time Corinne Diacre, former French international player and assistant manager.

Does anybody know anything about the young Korean forward Kim Shin who just joined OL? I've never heard of him before.

I just know he's tall, I remember him winning the AFC Champions cup a few seasons back. Doubt he will amount too much, maybe cause a problem for the smaller CB's of Ligue 1.

I just know he's tall' date=' I remember him winning the AFC Champions cup a few seasons back. Doubt he will amount too much, maybe cause a problem for the smaller CB's of Ligue 1.[/quote']

Doesn't sound good then. There hardly are any smaller CB's in Ligue 1.

Doesn't sound good then. There hardly are any smaller CB's in Ligue 1.

Disregard what I said Didi, I just seen the info on l'Equipe & I am talking about someone else. I have no clue about this Kim-Shin, there is very little info about him just that it's a 2 year loan?

Very good acquisition. Di Maria is imminent too it seems' date=' shirts are already on sale.[/quote']

It is funny that due to FFP transfer ban they actually had to loan this bloke with option to buy him next year (I'd bet this "option" is more like an obligation really).

Will PSG still be able to buy Di Maria' date=' with FFP rules applied?[/quote']

Yes, if they sell Cavani for more money. Doubt they will. Cavani seems to be settled to stay after all, and it's the best deal for PSG to keep the guy and they know it.

They could also sell Pastore and Lavezzi to get money for Di Maria.