Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Philippe Nguyen

Re: Official French Ligue 1 & 2 Thread

Just how good is Marquinhos...I know he's rated highly very highly but he didn't really make a impact at PSG now he seems to have forced a XI spot at PSG

Best PSG defender this season. Been really good in most of the games and PSG kept a lot of clean sheets with him in the side.

PSG really dotn want to win the league this season.

Great Chance for Lyon to get to a safe distance again or for Marseille to get back in the title race.

Since i despise Bielsa and his ways quite a fair bit, i definetly hope Lyon wins and gets to a safe distance.

Considering PSG advanced in the CL i expect them to lose more points on the way, so id say that Lyon has a real chance of winning the Ligue 1 title.

Well, OL is still fine after three away matches

They got only 4pts, but as in the same time PSG was poor (a lot of PSG's games has been poor or lazy this season in L1), they are still leading.

Now PSG will face a imposible period ahead, with Ligue 1, Coupe de France and league Cup, AND Champion's league... good luck lazy guys :D

Not to mention Zlatan is going to be suspended for a realy ridiculous reason...

Zlatan going full throttle

As for OM, when you see what Bielsa is able to achieve with a poor squad, it's fantastic.

Of course he is a little bit crazy but still, it's fantastic :P

That said, my guess is, Monaco will grab third place as OM should struggle a bit. It will be close, it will be great to watch B)

More laughing stuff: tomorrow ASM-Arsenal: sold out at Stade Louis II :eek:

Well' date=' OL is still fine after three away matches

They got only 4pts, but as in the same time PSG was poor (a lot of PSG's games has been poor or lazy this season in L1), they are still leading.

Now PSG will face a imposible period ahead, with Ligue 1, Coupe de France and league Cup, AND Champion's league... good luck lazy guys :D

Not to mention Zlatan is going to be suspended for a realy ridiculous reason...

Zlatan going full throttle

As for OM, when you see what Bielsa is able to achieve with a poor squad, it's fantastic.

Of course he is a little bit crazy but still, it's fantastic :P

That said, my guess is, Monaco will grab third place as OM should struggle a bit. It will be close, it will be great to watch B)

More laughing stuff: tomorrow ASM-Arsenal: sold out at Stade Louis II :eek:

And there is still PSG-OM remaining. Lyon have super chance to win Ligue 1 in their last season at Gerland.

And there is still PSG-OM remaining. Lyon have super chance to win Ligue 1 in their last season at Gerland.

Even Monaco has still a chance to win the league :D

I mean, they do had a postponed match for weather reason at home, so they could be there with 56 points tonight...

Are a lot of the Marseille players likely to get a rise if they end first or second?

I have a couple of older players like Jeremy Morel' date=' about whom I'm wondering if I should hold off a little with selling them.[/quote']

I really hope so.

Imbula, Mendy, Dja Djedje, Thauvin, Lemina, Batshuayi & even Aloé are ones I am keeping hold off.

______

Finally managed to delete the poll, yahoooo! :D

Looking at Soccerway stats and such. What IS Monaco's sarting back 4. Im guessing theres been injuries and things so its hard to tell by apps.

I figure Fabinho and Kurzawa are the staring full-backs. Out of Abdennour, Raggi and Carvalho who starts the biggest game all fit?

Looking at Soccerway stats and such. What IS Monaco's sarting back 4. Im guessing theres been injuries and things so its hard to tell by apps.

I figure Fabinho and Kurzawa are the staring full-backs. Out of Abdennour' date=' Raggi and Carvalho who starts the biggest game all fit?[/quote']

Appearances are absolutely meaningless, mate.

You should check the minutes of game time. ;)

Their starting defence is Fabinho, Raggi, Carvalho and Kurzawa.

Appearances are absolutely meaningless' date=' mate.

You should check the minutes of game time. ;)

Their starting defence is Fabinho, Raggi, Carvalho and Kurzawa.[/quote']

Why cant Abdennour start? Carvalho is quite old and he was very promising at Toulouse

Ah okay' date=' i was hoping for someone who might actually know, when all are fit, Who would be chosen for the big games.[/quote']

I may be wrong, but I think Abdenour got to play most of his minutes, because of Carvalho's injury problems.

For instance, I see Carvalho has 450 minutes (5 games) in the CL.

He injured himself again tho, in this NT match vs Serbia.

Mr. transfermart doesn't know when he comes back. :o

Does anyone know anything about Alexy Bosetti from Nice?

Young lad' date=' increasingly more minutes and starting spots than last season.

But is he potentially better than that?[/quote']

Was promising but for the moment average striker at this stage.

He started very young for OGCN, and maybe played too much too soon something like 30 matches at 18 in 2012-2013.

He can play secondary striker or winger.

Was a good prospect 2 years ago, now he is stalling, waiting to take a new step into the game.

Monaco lost a good opportunity, before the OM-PSG clash...

But there are good signs for ASM:

Kurzawa is going back to his best level, and increasing

Kondogbia is reborn, at last!

And finaly Moutinho shows he is one of the best creating midfielder in France

It's about time :rolleyes: ... Maybe it's too late for the title though :D

As for OM' date=' when you see what Bielsa is able to achieve with a poor squad, it's fantastic.

Of course he [b']is[/b] a little bit crazy but still, it's fantastic :P

Poor squad? That squad is not poor by any standard. It was one of the title favourites last season, and has hardly come any worse (losing Valbuena hurt of course, but it allowed to revitalise Payet in the middle and in form he is as good). It was only due to seriously sub-standard management that they did so poorly last season. It should not have surprised anybody that any even just decent would get that squad to title fight (didn't surprise me at least, I bet on OM winning the league this season already last summer).

No no' date=' he can.

I just based my starting defence of Monaco analysis on minutes played this season, mate.[/quote']

Abdennour missed a couple of months for injury. He's quite nailed on starter when fit.

Poor squad? That squad is not poor by any standard. It was one of the title favourites last season' date=' and has hardly come any worse (losing Valbuena hurt of course, but it allowed to revitalise Payet in the middle and in form he is as good). It was only due to seriously sub-standard management that they did so poorly last season. It should not have surprised anybody that any even just decent would get that squad to title fight (didn't surprise me at least, I bet on OM winning the league this season already last summer).[/quote']

Ok, it's true it was a poor judgment from my part :) It's not a poor squad. It's a squad clearly on top on L1, above Rennes, Lille, Nantes, Bordeaux, level with St Etienne, Monaco and Lyon, and under the PSG's squad.

For me it's an average team with young promising players and good average players.

Honestly, the best player at Marseille is Mandanda, close with Payet and Ayew

Ok' date=' it's true it was a poor judgment from my part :) It's not a poor squad. It's a squad clearly on top on L1, above Rennes, Lille, Nantes, Bordeaux, level with St Etienne, Monaco and Lyon, and under the PSG's squad.

For me it's an average team with young promising players and good average players.

Honestly, the best player at Marseille is Mandanda, close with Payet and Ayew[/quote']

They have promising youngsters, and strong internationals, both young and experienced. A very strong team with no obvious weak spot (such as Lyon has in defence, Monaco in creativity, and ASSE certainly in strikers, oh my Jesus what a poor striker department they have, and particularly had when their only half-decent striker Erding was injured). To me it was clearly the second best (after the obvious PSG), as OL has such a young team that although is probably the most talented cannot yet be fully reliable. As they did not have European competition to play, and all the obvious competitors had, it was the clear title favourite for me in condition that they have at least a decent manager.

Actually signed in just to say that what a great shot by Matuidi, and with his weaker foot too. But before that, APG should have been sanctioned for that challenge to Luiz, kicking him in the back of the thigh.

They have promising youngsters' date=' and strong internationals, both young and experienced. A very strong team with no obvious weak spot (such as Lyon has in defence, Monaco in creativity, and ASSE certainly in strikers, oh my Jesus what a poor striker department they have, and particularly had when their only half-decent striker Erding was injured). To me it was clearly the second best (after the obvious PSG), as OL has such a young team that although is probably the most talented cannot yet be fully reliable. As they did not have European competition to play, and all the obvious competitors had, it was the clear title favourite for me in condition that they have at least a decent manager.[/quote']

No obvious week spot?

Are you kidding now? Lol, OM's defence is weak, and they have not a strong midfield either, not like OL or Monaco for exemple.

All the experts critisized OM for draging in Ocampos this winter instead of a defender...

Even OL has got Jallet in their back four, way much stronger, reliable and better than Dja Djé Djé!